• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

She also arranged music for Smash Bros. Brawl
You mean the Smash with an unused placeholder commonly assumed to be Beware the Forest's Mushrooms? Where Sakurai wanted to put Geno in originally?

I'm thinking he's in.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yoko Shimomura produced the Treasure Trove cove remix. Could she be remixing something else for Smash Bros as well?

With the music take downs for Forest Mushrooms and that Boss music, I think we can safely say that something is happening with Geno as those two songs do relate to him specifically. The scary thing is the wait to see if he'll be a fighter or a mii costume.
Shimomura has always been heavily involved with Smash and she did more remixes for base game Ultimate. It's completely reasonable that she would be willing to do more remixes for Super Mario RPG or just ease the inclusion of such tracks in the game since she's not as difficult of a composer to work with as Uematsu or Sugiyama, so I think Geno would definitely come with a decent selection of music if he has a stage (if he doesn't, I'm saying we only get two songs with his potential inclusion).

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
Y'know, as big as a critic as I've been with regards to Sword and Shield, I can't deny that some of these Pokemon designs have been on-****ing-point, and a Farfetch'd evolution after all this time is going to be the dopest ****. I remember I used to have a Farfetch'd in Soul Silver that I used for flying around and False Swiping pokes. I think I may actually use one on my adventure this game...

Make sure to screencap the best posts for later for if/when Geno gets in, we'll need as many of these posts as possible for any potential image macros and compilation videos. :ultpacman:
Absolutely ! I saw a comment on YouTube claiming Geno would never get in because he hypothetically suggested no one could name a full moveset or taunts. I was smugly laughing.

The hate is unbelievable.

Firox

Smash Master
Absolutely ! I saw a comment on YouTube claiming Geno would never get in because he hypothetically suggested no one could name a full moveset or taunts. I was smugly laughing.

WHAT?! People actually think that a moveset can't be made for Geno?! They gotta be fecking joking! I've come up with a dozen possible movesets for him with just 5 minutes of spit-balling. I mean, what a horrifyingly pathetic lack of imagination. If Sakurai can make an entirely fleshed out and interesting moveset for the Duck Hunt dog, the Wii fit avatar, an old NES peripheral, a race car driver that was never previously seen out of a hover car, a 2D stickman, and a mother-freaking potted plant, I'm pretty damn sure he can dream something up for a swiss-army puppet with a list of flashy, pre-existing moves.

D

Deleted member

Someone clearly hasn't seen what Legacy XP has done to him

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
They wanted 5, and it's pretty obvious to why. Spiderman is their biggest movie license so of course, they will demand a lot for it...
Also... of course, they refuse to let them pay 25% of the movies because then they would get more control over the movie license. With them paying the entire thing makes them having basically 100% control. Could you argue that they deserve a bit more than the former deal (aka 5 percent of the first dollar bill).. sure.. but 25% with them paying also? Sony would be stupid to accept that offer. So, of course, they went silent about it. And I say this as someone that would have liked Spidey to stay in the MCU.

Ps... that original report came from Deadline, so that report is far from fabricated. Their response is damage control sure, but the report aren¨t bs.
The original Deadline report had an addendum saying "our sources claim that the Feige stuff is complete bull, so it's probably spin from Sony."

Even if they didn't, it's OBVIOUSLY spin. The logic makes no sense. Why would Kevin Feige, the man who previously called Spider-Man "Marvel's crown jewel" and "the greatest superhero ever", who WORKED ON THE RAIMI FILMS before the MCU was even a thing, ever give up on Spidey, just because he suddenly had a few more movies to make? At face value it didn't make sense, and everyone on the inside has confirmed how untrue it was.

As for Disney wanting 100% creative control... it shouldn't be an issue for Sony. The issue is just that Sony wouldn't be getting literally ALL of the money. They had ZERO problem allowing Marvel to do all the creative lifting with the franchise since 2016, so why should they suddenly care now?

Spiderman 1, Spiderman 2 and Amazing Spiderman begs to differ. And who did the first Spiderman movie that won an Oscar? Sure, it was an animated movie, but it still was a movie made by Sony. Heck, no live-action Spiderman under their wing have grossed under 700 million. The only reason why Sony did the deal in the first place was that Sony struggled financially at the time. If they weren¨t struggling financially at that time, we most likely would not be given Tom Hollands inclusion in the MCU

Like I said earlier, the reason why that deal happened in the first place was because of their situation then. Nintendo isn¨t in the same position that Sony is were Sora would be their lifesaver.
The first two Spider-Man movies came out the way they did because Sony didn't meddle with Raimi's vision. Spider-Man 3 is what happened when Sony saw how big the market potential was, and they ****ing tanked the thing. Demanded Raimi include Venom in the movie TWO WEEKS BEFORE SHOOTING, despite Raimi having no interest in Venom as a concept or character. TASM was a movie that underperformed financially, aged poorly in public opinion, and wore down on its creators emotionally. Andrew Garfield has talked in interviews about how working on those movies CRUSHED HIS PASSION for Spider-Man, and how he was the ONLY one working on the films who thought a Spider-Man movie should be special and treated differently than your standard dumb action movie.

The year TASM 2 came out, it made less than GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, a movie about LITERAL WHOS that included a RACCOON and a TALKING TREE. That utter failure was what caused Sony executives (not Sony PICTURES execs, but Sony execs even higher up the chain) to call the now famous Spidey Summit of 2015 and strike the Marvel deal. If you read through the Sony email leaks from around that time, you remember not just how completely clueless (and openly so) the Sony team was concerning Spider-Man, but how well they knew that Kevin Feige and Marvel had the Midas touch.

Disney and Marvel took a film property that was completely toxified, earning faaaar below its inherent potential, and creatively bankrupt, and revitalized it into a crowd-pleasing, billion-dollar property in less than THREE YEARS.

It's important to remember WHY Sony was in such financial dire straits at the time. They haven't had ANY noteworthy hits (aside from Jumanji) outside of Spidey properties in a loong time, and the majority of their biggest, most embarassing and costly failures were a result of executive meddling. Ghostbusters 2016, Men In Black: International, The Emoji Movie, the list goes on. Tom Rothman, current head of Sony Pictures, was notorious during his tenure at Fox for ruthlessly meddling with anything he thought had moneymaking potential, and a vehement distaste for/misunderstanding of sci fi and high-concept films. This was the guy who insisted Galactus in the 2007 FF movie be a space cloud, the guy who insisted Deadpool have his mouth sewn shut in Origins, and the guy who tried to bury the first Deadpool movie in development hell before the "footage leak". ITSV happened the way it did at Sony because they didn't expect it to make much money, and they knew MCU Spidey was their real cash cow. Now that ITSV was a major critical success, and the sequel will surely make money, that movie will undoubtedly be scrutinized and heavily micromanaged by Rothman and the other Sony Pictures heads.

I can't attest to Disney's behavior concerning Sora in mobile games (didn't know that was a thing), but if that's the only evidence for how difficult they are to negotiate with regarding use of IP, that's not too bad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Someone clearly hasn't seen what Legacy XP has done to him
There is one huge misconception about Geno. That is him being a side character. He is not Gaz or Boshi. He is a full fledged party member that travels with the Mario cast throughout the story. Just because he’s not Mario doesn’t mean he’s a minor character. I’m going to assume that these people don’t know jack about Mario RPG.

Last edited by a moderator:

Firox

Smash Master
Tom Rothman, current head of Sony Pictures, was notorious during his tenure at Fox for ruthlessly meddling with anything he thought had moneymaking potential, and a vehement distaste for/misunderstanding of sci fi and high-concept films. This was the guy who insisted Galactus in the 2007 FF movie be a space cloud, the guy who insisted Deadpool have his mouth sewn shut in Origins, and the guy who tried to bury the first Deadpool movie in development hell before the "footage leak".
Holy frak, this Tom Rothman guy sounds like your typical idiot upper management—completely disconnected with reality but thinks he's the only one with "vision". I mean, Deadpool is the freaking "Merc with a mouth" and he thought it was a smart move to sew it shut?! ROFLMAO! It never ceases to amaze me how people like that somehow manage to get decision-making power. Such a sad proof of human stupidity.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There is one huge misconception about Geno. That is him being a side character. He is a full fledged party member that travels with the Mario cast throughout the story. Just because he’s not Mario doesn’t mean he’s a minor character. I’m going to assume that these people don’t know jack about Mario RPG.
Geno's the main character of Mario RPG. Mario left his house to rescue Peach and continued after meeting Mallow to... rescue Peach. He picked up a star piece because it was there and didn't think twice about them until Geno got involved and told him what was riding on it. If it hadn't been for Geno, Mario probably would have gotten Peach back from Booster and gone home. Eventually, he probably would have gotten around to beating Smithy, but still no one's wishes are gonna get granted.

Firox

Smash Master
So apparently there are some rumors floating around that Terry is going to drop on November 25th since that date will mark the 28th anniversary of Fatal Fury: King of Fighters. It's a Monday, so I'm not too sure whether Nintendo is going to go out of their way to make the date, but I have to admit that that time frame does seem reasonable. What do you guys think? Still, I would expect fighter #5 to be announced on or before Terry's release and November feels maybe a little bit too early.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So apparently there are some rumors floating around that Terry is going to drop on November 25th since that date will mark the 28th anniversary of Fatal Fury: King of Fighters. It's a Monday, so I'm not too sure whether Nintendo is going to go out of their way to make the date, but I have to admit that that time frame does seem reasonable. What do you guys think? Still, I would expect fighter #5 to be announced on or before Terry's release and November feels maybe a little bit too early.
It sounds like a reasonable date but relying on anniversaries to expect a character reveal or release never works.

D

Deleted member

November is when they said Terry would be out though, how does it feel too early? Do you mean too early for Fighter 5? That's 4 months to develop test and ship from announcement if they wanted to hold it until February 2020 just out of adherence to the original Fighters Pass latest release date, and assumes Fighter 5 starts development when Terry releases, which is not only unlikely but provably false. Terry was farther along in development in July than Joker was when he was announced, I'd think there's a team working on #5 right now and probably even back then.

The fact that Sabi said they're in the dark on Fighter 5 despite the fact that it's most likely currently in development makes me think they're doing everything in their power to keep this one entirely under wraps. Outside of stray guesses no one saw Terry coming until Nintendo blew it themselves, so who knows.

Firox

Smash Master
It sounds like a reasonable date but relying on anniversaries to expect a character reveal or release never works.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. We've seen too many anniversaries come and go without so much as a tweet of recognition.

EDIT: Yes, when I said "too early", I meant that it feels a bit soon to be getting the fighter #5 reveal. Or I guess if they did reveal them, it could be like Terry's where we don't really get much gameplay footage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. We've seen too many anniversaries come and go without so much as a tweet of recognition.

EDIT: Yes, when I said "too early", I meant that it feels a bit soon to be getting the fighter #5 reveal. Or I guess if they did reveal them, it could be like Terry's where we don't really get much gameplay footage.
We learned about Hero in June and got him basically August 1. There was a tweet or an interview or something that said that Hero even got delayed... Despite that, only a month passed between us knowing and having. Aside from the fact that they likely want something to keep hype going, I could almost see character 5 just being ready to go as soon as they announce him.

EDIT: and now that I think about that a little harder, since the DLC is currently "endless" I don't even think they need any hype. Just like before Smash launched, every Nintendo event, every direct, everything is gonna be watched like a hawk for Smash info.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Holy frak, this Tom Rothman guy sounds like your typical idiot upper management—completely disconnected with reality but thinks he's the only one with "vision". I mean, Deadpool is the freaking "Merc with a mouth" and he thought it was a smart move to sew it shut?! ROFLMAO! It never ceases to amaze me how people like that somehow manage to get decision-making power. Such a sad proof of human stupidity.
People like that get to the top by kissing *** that's how.

We are getting Terry before we find out who fighter #5 is that's for sure. Terry's release and fighter #5's announcement will probably be on the same day.

We learned about Hero in June and got him basically August 1. There was a tweet or an interview or something that said that Hero even got delayed... Despite that, only a month passed between us knowing and having. Aside from the fact that they likely want something to keep hype going, I could almost see character 5 just being ready to go as soon as they announce him.

EDIT: and now that I think about that a little harder, since the DLC is currently "endless" I don't even think they need any hype. Just like before Smash launched, every Nintendo event, every direct, everything is gonna be watched like a hawk for Smash info.
Actually, it was July 31st.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
People like that get to the top by kissing *** that's how.
Truer words were never spoken. Basically, the secret to success is to find the right "golfing buddy" and BS your way up the ladder. Wait. I've got an idea....

(A month later, on a Japanese golf course, Sakurai lines up a putt. He gently knocks the ball straight into the cup.)

"Yatta!" he cries, triumphantly thrusting his arms in the air.

(I slowly roll up beside him on my golf cart)

"Excellent shot, Sakurai-sama! By the way, remember that time you said Geno would be great in Smash?..."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You mean the Smash with an unused placeholder commonly assumed to be Beware the Forest's Mushrooms? Where Sakurai wanted to put Geno in originally?

I'm thinking he's in.
Out of curiosity, I looked it up and she did Gritzy Desert, Dedede's theme, and Tetris Type A for Brawl. Yoko's pretty much a main stay on the sound team at this point.

Though, I do find the two songs from Super Mario RPG being removed interesting. Given the only thing Sakurai promised were new fighters, Geno as a fighter could come with just the two songs and that'll be it. It's not like he'd need a stage with all of the Mario content in the game already.

...Or he could be a mii costume like Sans but I'm holding out for the former here.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm not even expecting more than two new characters after Wave 1. No way can I complain here.
Actually, Sakurai's recent columns show that he wants to put as much into Ultimate as he can, to keep adding as long as he can to make this game huge. I don't think we're getting just two new characters after this wave, unless you mean two additional ones apart from a second DLC wave.

D

Deleted member

Actually, Sakurai's recent columns show that he wants to put as much into Ultimate as he can, to keep adding as long as he can to make this game huge. I don't think we're getting just two new characters after this wave, unless you mean two additional ones apart from a second DLC wave.
Nah I'm just being pessimistic. AFAIK, we were only promised "more fighters," which is a minimum of two and a potential max of ten. I just don't wanna get my expectations up here, otherwise, it's gonna be a loooooooooooong speculation cycle, or a potentially disappointing one.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Nah I'm just being pessimistic. AFAIK, we were only promised "more fighters," which is a minimum of two and a potential max of ten. I just don't wanna get my expectations up here, otherwise, it's gonna be a loooooooooooong speculation cycle
Understandable! I'm placing my bets on at least another four fighters. The full ten is way too optimistic, imo, but not impossible. Four feels like a more sweet spot number, and... I dunno. I just like the number four.

Four in Japan signals death, though... hmmm...

Yep, I think he's in.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah one and two look good but 3 looks like it was their personal wishlist. Though that more dlc bubble at the bottom doesnt really explain anything so can't really say one way or another. If your going to break the AT rule as the bottom icon implies I feel like at the very least wa and Isaac should get in.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
In light of Sakurai's recent comments and the 10 glaring dummy slots in the game's code, I would honestly be surprised if we didn't get at least another 5 DLC characters after the pass. And that's me being purely realistic. I still feel that an entirely new smash game is a LONG way off, and Sakurai knows it. He said himself that he doubts we'll ever get so loaded a roster ever again. Let's face it, the greatest draw of any Smash game has always been the characters and don't think for a second that people won't hold onto Ultimate INDEFINITELY should legends like Cloud or B-K ever get dropped. I'm willing to bet that if the next Smash were to cut so much as 15 of the existing characters from the roster, we'd have another Melee on our hands with a fanbase that would refuse to move forward at the sacrifice of their long-time, hard-fought, beloved characters. This is something that Nintendo has fought decades to end seeing as how they only really make money with each NEW release. The Melee crowd is only now finally assimilating into Ultimate due to the polished mechanics and overwhelming roster.

We're at an especially historic point in the Smash franchise where we've hit critical mass. It's the same point that the Pokemon franchise had recently reached, but when you consider the direction they've taken, it becomes easier to see why Sakurai wants to milk this puppy for all its worth. This game is the equivalent of the world's largest National Pokedex. As I've said before, if I were Nintendo, I'd load this sucker to the absolute brim and then port it until the sprockets fall off. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the route Sakurai decides to take.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
As much as it seems like a nobrainer I am moderately concerned he might not go for it for some wierd artistic reason. That said I hope like I've never hoped before Nintendo loves money and keeps porting ultimate until the title puts KH to shame.

Lol imagine getting to use the Dante sticker unironically

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
From Sakurai's comments ... I could see all 10 slot filling up eventually. He has several times noted the roster would never be this big again in any future Smash game. Nintendo wants more DLC and it can be done more economically if Sora ltd. has a very small crew that is focusing on JUST fighters (maybe some Mii costumes) and not any more stages, modes, etc. (This is not discounting patches for balancing purposes)

Last edited:

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
How would you feel if this were all the dlc characters?
Most of these characters don't do anything for me. Travis Touchdown would be amazing. Doom Slayer is a pretty good pick, and I'd like to see Geno fans get their day as well. I don't feel very strongly about anyone else though, and some of the choices, like Porky I've never understood.

There's also a distinct lack of female fighters here (apart from Agent 8), which I think is going to become a more visible grievance in the community the longer we go without one.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
In light of Sakurai's recent comments and the 10 glaring dummy slots in the game's code, I would honestly be surprised if we didn't get at least another 5 DLC characters after the pass. And that's me being purely realistic. I still feel that an entirely new smash game is a LONG way off, and Sakurai knows it. He said himself that he doubts we'll ever get so loaded a roster ever again. Let's face it, the greatest draw of any Smash game has always been the characters and don't think for a second that people won't hold onto Ultimate INDEFINITELY should legends like Cloud or B-K ever get dropped. I'm willing to bet that if the next Smash were to cut so much as 15 of the existing characters from the roster, we'd have another Melee on our hands with a fanbase that would refuse to move forward at the sacrifice of their long-time, hard-fought, beloved characters. This is something that Nintendo has fought decades to end seeing as how they only really make money with each NEW release. The Melee crowd is only now finally assimilating into Ultimate due to the polished mechanics and overwhelming roster.

We're at an especially historic point in the Smash franchise where we've hit critical mass. It's the same point that the Pokemon franchise had recently reached, but when you consider the direction they've taken, it becomes easier to see why Sakurai wants to milk this puppy for all its worth. This game is the equivalent of the world's largest National Pokedex. As I've said before, if I were Nintendo, I'd load this sucker to the absolute brim and then port it until the sprockets fall off. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the route Sakurai decides to take.
Yeah, I'm seriously wondering how they're gonna convince people to move on from Ultimate come next Smash game. The man said it himself, we're likely never going to see a Smash roster as big and diverse as this ever again, and we'll almost certainly see a substantial amount of cuts in the next game, be it due to licensing issues or just limited development. You're absolutely right, the characters sell Smash above all else, so I don't see how they're gonna get people to make the jump to a game that has less characters in it. It's gonna take a miracle, if you ask me.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
There's no way I can see us getting just 2. I don't think they'd hype up the fan base for more fighters for only there to be just 2 remaining. Sakurai warned us about there not being too many fighters for the base roster, he would do the same if the upcoming DLC wasn't much. In fact the Sakurai column almost implies the exact opposite. I'm expecting them to continue giving us DLC fighters till DLC sales stop selling well enough to continue making them

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
As for Disney wanting 100% creative control... it shouldn't be an issue for Sony. The issue is just that Sony wouldn't be getting literally ALL of the money. They had ZERO problem allowing Marvel to do all the creative lifting with the franchise since 2016, so why should they suddenly care now?
Because Disney wants to start to be a co-financier of the movie. When you start to pay, you start to get control, and I¨m not talking about creative control... There is a good reason why Sony has paid for the entire thing when it comes to FFM and HC..

Even if they didn't, it's OBVIOUSLY spin. The logic makes no sense. Why would Kevin Feige, the man who previously called Spider-Man "Marvel's crown jewel" and "the greatest superhero movie ever", who WORKED ON THE RAIMI FILMS before the MCU was even a thing, ever give up on Spidey, just because he suddenly had a few more movies to make? At face value it didn't make sense, and everyone on the inside has confirmed how untrue it was.
Well, there is also the chance that Alan Horn or Bob Iger (Kevin's bosses) say that he can¨t work on Spiderman because Sony don¨t want to renew the contract.

TASM was a movie that underperformed financially, aged poorly in public opinion, and wore down on its creators emotionally. Andrew Garfield has talked in interviews about how working on those movies CRUSHED HIS PASSION for Spider-Man, and how he was the ONLY one working on the films who thought a Spider-Man movie should be special and treated differently than your standard dumb action movie.
TASM did not underperform. That is a lie and you know it. But TASM 2 crushed his passion yes.

It's important to remember WHY Sony was in such financial dire straits at the time. They haven't had ANY noteworthy hits (aside from Jumanji) outside of Spidey properties in a loong time, and the majority of their biggest, most embarassing and costly failures were a result of executive meddling. Ghostbusters 2016, Men In Black: International, The Emoji Movie, the list goes on. Tom Rothman, current head of Sony Pictures, was notorious during his tenure at Fox for ruthlessly meddling with anything he thought had moneymaking potential, and a vehement distaste for/misunderstanding of sci fi and high-concept films. This was the guy who insisted Galactus in the 2007 FF movie be a space cloud, the guy who insisted Deadpool have his mouth sewn shut in Origins, and the guy who tried to bury the first Deadpool movie in development hell before the "footage leak". ITSV happened the way it did at Sony because they didn't expect it to make much money, and they knew MCU Spidey was their real cash cow. Now that ITSV was a major critical success, and the sequel will surely make money, that movie will undoubtedly be scrutinized and heavily micromanaged by Rothman and the other Sony Pictures heads.
Rothman is the only thing to worry about, I give you that.

D

Deleted member

https://i.imgur.com/jY7OGxz.jpg
I like Doom guy, All of "Season 2", Agent 8, Porky, Travis Touchdown and even more DLC characters so yeah I'd take it.

Rayman and Geno especially those two characters are great. I've recently started getting really interested in Rayman and he could be a great character and as for Geno that's obvious I absolutely love him.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Why does Agent 8 need to be a unique newcomer? At best I'd say Octolongs/Agent 8 could be an Echo, but I'm actually leaning towards us getting no additional Echoes. They seemed to be created to fill in some extra spots during base game, but I think they make less sense in a DLC capacity unless Sakurai has just some extra funding that isn't served better anywhere else. I'm also still confused by Sylux. Metroid feels really good right now and post Dark Samus and Ridley, there's just no Metroid characters I find compelling or even relevant to the franchise right now. I know Sylux is supposedly going to take a bigger role in Metroid Prime 4... but since that has been rebooted, he might not end up in the same role and we're going to be like another 2-3 years from seeing Metroid Prime 4 debut to even give him characterization.

I'd be generally happy (Travis Touchdown, Doom Guy, Geno, and Crash Bandicoot are great choices IMO) and I could take Klonoa, Rayman, and Porky (though that's a lot of niche and I feel like missing out on the opportunity for some bigger choices that could shake things up), but if it wasn't for Travis Touchdown in your third season, that one would be a complete misfire for me. That said, I'm getting all characters regardless of who they are, so another 9 characters is great.

Nah I'm just being pessimistic. AFAIK, we were only promised "more fighters," which is a minimum of two and a potential max of ten. I just don't wanna get my expectations up here, otherwise, it's gonna be a loooooooooooong speculation cycle, or a potentially disappointing one.
I think Sakurai's comments deserve a little more optimism personally. Yes, it's a minimum of two... but would they have announced them so early and would Sakurai be so absolutely ecstatic and supportive about the prospect of more DLC fighters if he was really just doing two more? If that was the case, I feel like we would have just seen Sakurai do another Final Smash Bros Direct at some point in like December like he did for Smash 4. Revealing your hand in September with two fighters of the pass yet to release and constantly being so excited about the future? That sounds like he's going to not only be doing several more, but that he's serious about going as long as Nintendo will let him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom