• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Do we have actual confirmation that Geno's songs were taken down? And that it was along with Sans?
We only have the BrawlBTSMx3 take down to go off of I believe. But the same thing happened to Banjo music and Megalovania earlier. Someone could probably explain it better than I could though. However, here is a video further explaining it. Considering these songs are not owned by Nintendo like Megalovania was not Nintendo's, it raises many red flags.

Last edited:

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
There is a difference between showing that there is a line he won¨t crosses and there is no line he won¨t cross which would force them to start adding 4th party characters. Sakurai knew that he wouldn¨t just be able to have Snake and Sonic be a one and done deal so to speak, which is why Smash is the way it is today. The same would happen if Donald and Goofy got involved even though they would not be fighters. Ironically enough, you are using the exact same argument that Goku supporters are using ("he could just make Goku an exception because of....")

He tries his damndest to please as many people as he can, and if he added 4th party character, then it would just make his work even harder and fans (unfortunately) more demanding.... so no, no Disney stuff should be included with Sora

Edit - sorry if I sound ranty, But I hate the idea of adding 4th party stuff in Smash....
We don't really have to finish this conversation because we're kind of going in circles and just have a difference of opinion. Plus this is the Geno thread.

But I don't think you were being ranty. I thought we were having a good discussion and you're making good points. And it's not like you're saying Sora shouldn't be in Smash because of Disney, just that you wouldn't want any of the Disney stuff to come with him which is perfectly reasonable.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
We only have the BrawlBTSMx3 take down to go off of I believe. But the same thing happened to Banjo music and Megalovania earlier. Someone could probably explain it better than I could though. However, here is a video further explaining it. Considering these songs are not owned by Nintendo like Megalovania was not Nintendo's, it raises many red flags.

Don’t forget the Geno fan remix that got taken down when the sans one did.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Since I was late to the Sora discussion I would say that instead of Donald & Goofy they can always have Sora team up with Duck Hunt:4pacman:

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Since I was late to the Sora discussion I would say that instead of Donald & Goofy they can always have Sora team up with Duck Hunt:4pacman:
I hope that Awkward Zombie draws a comic related to this if Sora gets in.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Let's keep discussion going here.

What other songs do you think Geno would come with if he came with a fighters pass?

Also, can someone fact check for me if Corrin in Smash 4 came with two or one song?
People have already said it, but I would go with the 2 Square songs and the rest being from other Mario RPGs. I really feel like There should be more music from these games put in Smash. Was slightly bummed that the boss battle themes from Dream Team and Paper Jam didn't make it into the soundtrack as well as their final boss themes. No Ultimate Show ether. There's such a large category of Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario tracks not yet in the game that would be perfect for Smash. If Square can't give Nintendo more than 2 songs for Geno, I hope they go all out with songs from other Mario RPGs

Bee Card

Smash Ace
People have already said it, but I would go with the 2 Square songs and the rest being from other Mario RPGs. I really feel like There should be more music from these games put in Smash. Was slightly bummed that the boss battle themes from Dream Team and Paper Jam didn't make it into the soundtrack as well as their final boss themes. No Ultimate Show ether. There's such a large category of Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario tracks not yet in the game that would be perfect for Smash. If Square can't give Nintendo more than 2 songs for Geno, I hope they go all out with songs from other Mario RPGs
I feel that the post fighter pass characters will come without stages and if so I think Geno will just come with these two tracks like Corrin or the Sans costume (but if I understood right the megalovania soundtrack is just in the music menu ? Hope that's not the case and they added it to Mother's stage lol ^^)

edit : I assume that they add the music in pictochat stage or another "trash for the music stage"

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Who the hell wants your ****ty wooden megaman ? :redface:
This would be a time where I wish Smashboards put in reactions like Facebook lol

Your opinion is valid but false my good sir. Lots of people want wooden mega man. Even SiivaGunner has a oc based all around him.

Last edited:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
This would be a time where I wish Smashboards put in reactions like Facebook lol

Your opinion is valid but false my good sir. Lots of people want wooden mega man. Even SiivaGunner has a oc based all around him.

Hey it's woodman not a wooden megaman :p

Wooden Megaman for Geno
Hat Ken for Terry Bogard
Green Mario for Luigi
Ginger Marth for Roy
Female Marth for Lucina
Blue Haired Ginger Marth for Chrom
Legit Goku for Erdrick

Another idea to complete the list ? ^o^

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F6YEkXEHpM This remix right here was around for a while but got taken down just like the sans and banjo one. It got reuploaded on December 18. Even the commets say so.
That's odd. I honestly don't know what this could mean. It makes me wonder if the music stuff was just a really big coincidence then, because if it wasn't, wouldn't we see the fruit of all of this by now? That is, unless Geno was planned as some kind of bonus way earlier, or... agh, I dunno. It's weird.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
So these next wave of DLC are going to be picked by Sakurai, unlike the Fighter's pass. That sounds good for Geno, seeing as how he wants to include him.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So these next wave of DLC are going to be picked by Sakurai, unlike the Fighter's pass. That sounds good for Geno, seeing as how he wants to include him.
Source of that claim? Nothing in B-K's demo implied that this was the case.

Wish7s

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if this is the one being referred to, but I'm pretty sure this one got taken down before the game released. I DEFINITELY listened to it before the release, and it says it was put up on December 18th of 2018. So if it's not the one being referred to, this one also got taken down at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F6YEkXEHpM&list=RD-F6YEkXEHpM&start_radio=1
I also know for a fact I was listening to this before launch. If we can get confirmation that might be kinda big

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I feel that the post fighter pass characters will come without stages and if so I think Geno will just come with these two tracks like Corrin or the Sans costume (but if I understood right the megalovania soundtrack is just in the music menu ? Hope that's not the case and they added it to Mother's stage lol ^^)

edit : I assume that they add the music in pictochat stage or another "trash for the music stage"
Megolovania was placed in the "other" category. Any stage that plays that list has Megolovania available :)

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman

If the DLC fighter is already a franchise represented, then yeah most likely just music, but if they throw in a new franchise it would have to come with a stage like they've been doing for a while. Also Megalovania is playable on stages that have songs that into the Other catagory. So like Summit, Duck Hunt, Find Mii, etc

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
So, were there other songs taken down in December of last year besides the Banjo & Kazooie, "Megalovania," and Geno related music presenting themselves as Smash tunes? Or just those three? The second one potentially means something... but then there's the issue of if they would have chosen Geno immediately after they finalized the Fighter's Pass, which seems super far removed from the current DLC announcement. And then it seems extremely odd to go 6 months and then just take down two popular songs from BrawlBRSTMs3's channel... (though they were just nuking it for all intensive purposes, so I don't know what to make of that either).

The timeline doesn't really make sense if this is the approach though... and it arguably supports "music takedown theory" even less than before. The point people brought up with the takedowns in June/July was that they would have been choosing and deciding more DLC then and it would have made sense to remove the songs then if Geno was decided upon... but that falls apart if they're taking down a Geno related music track in December of last year because they wouldn't have had a reason to do that at the time. Unless they were just generally taking down music pretending to be Smash music at that time in December... in which case, then "Megalovania" wasn't taken down because it was coming in Smash and the basis for the "pattern" people are pointing out falls apart.

The only way this all makes sense is if, in December, Nintendo made the "oopsie" of specifically targeting the Banjo & Kazooie, "Megalovania," and Geno tracks because they had intentions in using all of them (which means Geno was chosen as a DLC ages ago and they had decided on DLC in addition to the Fighter's Pass from the very beginning) in Ultimate. Then, 6 months later, either Nintendo flexes on BrawlBRSTMs3 by copyright claiming his Super Mario RPG music for no reason, or they make a "double oopsie" by once again directly trying to take down Super Mario RPG music when they didn't need to, but had plans of using it and gave that fact away a second time in the exact same way as the first, but then didn't touch any of the other versions of the Super Mario RPG music that are in plain view on YouTube.

Something here doesn't add up properly unless the people behind Nintendo's copyright claiming are absolutely not thinking about their actions and being accidentally super transparent about what they're doing... I mean, it's not impossible all of this directly means something, it just seems incredibly unlikely when that new "takedown" gets factored in. One of these two incidents almost certainly has to be Nintendo just exercising their power just because they can and not for a specific purpose for this to all make sense (or potentially in both instances)...

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
So, were there other songs taken down in December of last year besides the Banjo & Kazooie, "Megalovania," and Geno related music presenting themselves as Smash tunes? Or just those three? The second one potentially means something... but then there's the issue of if they would have chosen Geno immediately after they finalized the Fighter's Pass, which seems super far removed from the current DLC announcement. And then it seems extremely odd to go 6 months and then just take down two popular songs from BrawlBRSTMs3's channel... (though they were just nuking it for all intensive purposes, so I don't know what to make of that either).

The timeline doesn't really make sense if this is the approach though... and it arguably supports "music takedown theory" even less than before. The point people brought up with the takedowns in June/July was that they would have been choosing and deciding more DLC then and it would have made sense to remove the songs then if Geno was decided upon... but that falls apart if they're taking down a Geno related music track in December of last year because they wouldn't have had a reason to do that at the time. Unless they were just generally taking down music pretending to be Smash music at that time in December... in which case, then "Megalovania" wasn't taken down because it was coming in Smash and the basis for the "pattern" people are pointing out falls apart.

The only way this all makes sense is if, in December, Nintendo made the "oopsie" of specifically targeting the Banjo & Kazooie, "Megalovania," and Geno tracks because they had intentions in using all of them (which means Geno was chosen as a DLC ages ago and they had decided on DLC in addition to the Fighter's Pass from the very beginning) in Ultimate. Then, 6 months later, either Nintendo flexes on BrawlBRSTMs3 by copyright claiming his Super Mario RPG music for no reason, or they make a "double oopsie" by once again directly trying to take down Super Mario RPG music when they didn't need to, but had plans of using it and gave that fact away a second time in the exact same way as the first, but then didn't touch any of the other versions of the Super Mario RPG music that are in plain view on YouTube.

Something here doesn't add up properly unless the people behind Nintendo's copyright claiming are absolutely not thinking about their actions and being accidentally super transparent about what they're doing... I mean, it's not impossible all of this directly means something, it just seems incredibly unlikely when that new "takedown" gets factored in. One of these two incidents almost certainly has to be Nintendo just exercising their power just because they can and not for a specific purpose for this to all make sense (or potentially in both instances)...
Isaac’s theme got taken down too.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

Sakurai chose all 5 fighters last year. Its possible he also chose all of the Mii fighter designs last year as well too.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guys, just a thought: assuming these music takedowns are related to future DLC...if that were to be true, do you guys think they already planned the DLC that comes after the Fighters' Pass before the more DLC announcement came in that last Direct? And if so, they started taking down any Youtube music related to them? Again, just a thought.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Isaac’s theme got taken down too.
Were these all posts by the same user? That's another important wrinkle to consider if we're going to sort out what all this means. We know that Nintendo targeted BrawlBRSTMs3's channel right up until they downright got it removed, so it's no entirely unheard of for them to pursue a certain channel to begin with.

Isaac's theme would seemingly be another blow to the December take downs, unless that means we're also getting Isaac and that was decided upon back in December and "revealed" under the same foolish YouTube takedowns of music. And that still doesn't get us any closer to solving why the music got taken down in July, which is why I feel like at least one of them has to be Nintendo just flexing their ability to copyright claim music. If all the tracks were positioned as Smash tunes, I do think it makes more sense to attack those so as to avoid any misunderstandings from fans and not allow for any "false advertising" of the product. But then that kind of shatters the foundation "Megalovania" was providing to the confidence surrounding the Geno music takedowns because they weren't taken down because "Megalovania" was going to be in Smash, but rather because they were just positioned as Smash remixes, which was not true and Nintendo sought to protect its brand.

I guess this maybe works in the sense that they decided, after the Grinch debacle, to actually include both Isaac and Geno in their additional DLC plans as early as December (which, again, seems like a super early point to decide additional DLC, but isn't technically impossible and could potentially communicate how planned out this whole process is). But then that still doesn't make sense of the July takedowns of BrawlBRSTMs3's two Mario RPG tracks and in order to make that explanation work, it just seems like super wishful thinking to say that Nintendo has this immediate response to Isaac and Geno as fan requests because of Grinch.

Or just the July takedowns matter with regards to Geno, which is a lot weaker since it doesn't have the "Megalovania" was also taken down part backing it anymore... or they're both irrelevant takedowns that tell us nothing. I have no clue what to make of this anymore...

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Were these all posts by the same user? That's another important wrinkle to consider if we're going to sort out what all this means. We know that Nintendo targeted BrawlBRSTMs3's channel right up until they downright got it removed, so it's no entirely unheard of for them to pursue a certain channel to begin with.

Isaac's theme would seemingly be another blow to the December take downs, unless that means we're also getting Isaac and that was decided upon back in December and "revealed" under the same foolish YouTube takedowns of music. And that still doesn't get us any closer to solving why the music got taken down in July, which is why I feel like at least one of them has to be Nintendo just flexing their ability to copyright claim music. If all the tracks were positioned as Smash tunes, I do think it makes more sense to attack those so as to avoid any misunderstandings from fans and not allow for any "false advertising" of the product. But then that kind of shatters the foundation "Megalovania" was providing to the confidence surrounding the Geno music takedowns because they weren't taken down because "Megalovania" was going to be in Smash, but rather because they were just positioned as Smash remixes, which was not true and Nintendo sought to protect its brand.

I guess this maybe works in the sense that they decided, after the Grinch debacle, to actually include both Isaac and Geno in their additional DLC plans as early as December (which, again, seems like a super early point to decide additional DLC, but isn't technically impossible and could potentially communicate how planned out this whole process is). But then that still doesn't make sense of the July takedowns of BrawlBRSTMs3's two Mario RPG tracks and in order to make that explanation work, it just seems like super wishful thinking to say that Nintendo has this immediate response to Isaac and Geno as fan requests because of Grinch.

Or just the July takedowns matter with regards to Geno, which is a lot weaker since it doesn't have the "Megalovania" was also taken down part backing it anymore... or they're both irrelevant takedowns that tell us nothing. I have no clue what to make of this anymore...
I honestly have no idea.

TBone06

Smash Ace

I do know a few of 31 Horas' songs got taken down. I'm not sure how many, but this one plus Isaac's theme for sure. There may have been more. I don't think the Megalovania theme was by the same person. I'm not sure about BrawlBRSTMs3's to be honest.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Guys, just a thought: assuming these music takedowns are related to future DLC...if that were to be true, do you guys think they already planned the DLC that comes after the Fighters' Pass before the more DLC announcement came in that last Direct? And if so, they started taking down any Youtube music related to them? Again, just a thought.
Geno, Isaac, a RH rep and Porky are all i need left in this franchise. This DID include K. Rool, Banjo and Ridley at one point. I personally don't think every character will be 3rd party after the pass imo. But yes, I believe they had the plans already. In fact, Nintendo expressed surprise when people disliked Isaac being an AT back in November.

- Geno is a solid given. I really don't think the guy needs anymore veracity to get into the game. The question is if Sakurai is devoting time to make him one. I have solid reasons to think he could be Character 5.
- Isaac, poor Isaac. My heart tells me Sakurai can do whatever he wants and reverse his AT status. I imagine a trailer with Isaac, being released as a trophy, CRYING that he cant do more than 2 moves, than whaddya know, Master Hand releases him and he becomes a full fledged fighter. Golden Sun really deserves something after all this time.
- RH luckily has no rep to begin with, so, like GS, they'd be an entirely new franchise save for spirits.
- Porky. I think the missing spirits and bossfight is grounds enough to at least warrant the possibility.

ALL are solid choices Nintendo SHOULD promote and go for.

Additionally, like they did for Little Mac, Saki and Ray should have been preserved characters in Smash. It still sucks that those 2 didn't even get their AT's back.

I'm just hoping they go for a careful balance between 1st and 3rd party post fighters pass

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don’t think so, from how they announced the more DLC it seems they may not be done planning it yet.

It at least wasn’t planned until sometime earlier this year.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I don’t think so, from how they announced the more DLC it seems they may not be done planning it yet.

It at least wasn’t planned until sometime earlier this year.

They specifically said in the announcement that more fighters are in development. So I am assuming most of these are also already being planned on/have been started along with Terry and FP#5

D

Deleted member

I wonder if Nintendo already had a few extra fighters in mind while deciding.

Last edited by a moderator:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Unless there are more GS songs then those I¨ve heard of, the songs that got shut down was songs that are included in the base game due to him being an Assist Trophy (see the extra list)
I don’t see why the song would be taken down after the game came out.

I’m wondering if Nintendo already had a few extra fighters in mind while deciding.
I’m sure Sakurai/Nintendo had some in mind if they decided to make more.

Edit: Sorry for double post

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Music Takedown Theory is an interesting idea. Certainly better than any of the others I've heard. Maybe it would be possible to bait Nintendo into taking something down that might be revealing?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I don’t see why the song would be taken down after the game came out.
Well, Nintendo just recently started to take down music from their games in general so. But even then... unlike the likes of Geno, Sans.. Isaac is a first-party character. So it shouldn¨t be as odd as the SMRPG remixes or Megalovania. music they technically don¨t own

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Well, Nintendo just recently started to take down music from their games in general so. But even then... unlike the likes of Geno, Sans.. Isaac is a first-party character. So it shouldn¨t be as odd as the SMRPG remixes or Megalovania. music they technically don¨t own
Do you know how many songs in total were taken down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom