• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Let me stress this: please don't bring up the bird riddle anywhere outside of this thread. Just about every theory is not taken seriously right now except the blasted Paragon "leak".

Personally I don’t think that it’s too soon for us to see Fighter #4 in some form, simply because of Sakurai’s previous comments on the Fighters Pass. I don’t remember exactly where he said it, but he talked about how he doesn’t like offering the pass without consumers knowing what they’re getting before buying it. Revealing characters at a quicker pace could be something that Sakurai wants, and also could be the reason he didn’t know if he could do CG cutscenes for every DLC reveal.

Keep in mind that Joker was revealed December 6th (I think?) and not released until April 17th. It’s not too unusual that Sakurai would show of a character who is farther away than we might have originally thought.
I mean, making stuff like that takes time. At any rate, it's only a matter of time before we find out who the next two characters are, as we're much closer to February than before, and they can't afford to be tardy about showing reveal trailers before the pass deal ends.

That being said, only 15 days left before the "Hero's playable this month" killswitch occurs.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I've been viewing the thread and now it's my time to hop in and throw a star-studded opinion! Remember when Mewtwo was announced back in Wii U and 3DS days with just a model? Couldn't they do the same with Geno after a presentation covering Hero and possibly Banjo in a Smash Direct?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Based on what?
Before I start, let me add this. If this bird picture really means something, I do believe its Geno vs Edelgard (with me hoping for the former)

What hurts Geno's chances is two major things.
A) He is a fighter's icon and he is a spirit along with Mallow
B) This is Square Enix we are talking about...

With that said... Yes, we do have the copyrighted claimed songs. But BrawlBRSTMs3X basically said at PapaGenos video that its more likely a reminder to him than anything else (see the first pic). But we also have Banjo that rose from the grave... but then again.. Microsoft isn¨t Square.

Let's go over the European starling part...

Yes, I¨m not gonna deny that it could fit Geno, But it fits Edelgard as well.
Its a bird on a house - black eagle... Yes, there isn¨t an eagle... but we have the symbolism to take in mind here as well.

It symbolizes connections and relationships, social standings and group ethics.. That¨s a Fire Emblem lord in a nutshell. We also have the invading aspect which... well I don¨t think I need to point out how that connects to Fire Emblem. The message of the gods? That could easily be connected to the "crest of the gods" that Edelgard makes a big deal of in the reveal trailer.

We also have the fact that she is a character that Nintendo is pushing hard to the point that the theme song is named after her as well as the lyrics are about her. Granted, the games come out in 10 days but never disqualify the chances of Nintendo being Nintendo(they have a clear "love" for the franchise since the mobile game that has become a giant)..... Heck, I wouldn¨t even be surprised if she comes as a last-minute character ala PP style in order to push FE3H with how much they pushed her and the game in general.

I don't see how the whole release date thing has anything to do with this factor. I think they could pull off an echo pack at this time, as unique characters and echo's are two different things, thus it would step on toes less.

Because it could easily rub people the wrong way if they announce that they prioritized some other characters that come later over the ones that they have currently more than likely paid for.

I've been viewing the thread and now it's my time to hop in and throw a star-studded opinion! Remember when Mewtwo was announced back in Wii U and 3DS days with just a model? Couldn't they do the same with Geno after a presentation covering Hero and possibly Banjo in a Smash Direct?
I seriously doubt it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Before I start, let me add this. If this bird picture really means something, I do believe its Geno vs Edelgard (with me hoping for the former)

With that said... Yes, we do have the copyrighted claimed songs. But BrawlBRSTMs3X basically said at PapaGenos video that its more likely a reminder to him than anything else (see the first pic). But we also have Banjo that rose from the grave... but then again.. Microsoft isn¨t Square.

Its a bird on a house - black eagle... Yes, there isn¨t an eagle... but we have the symbolism to take in mind here as well.

It symbolizes connections and relationships, social standings and group ethics.. That¨s a Fire Emblem lord in a nutshell. We also have the invading aspect which... well I don¨t think I need to point out how that connects to Fire Emblem. The message of the gods? That could easily be connected to the "crest of the gods" that Edelgard makes a big deal of in the reveal trailer.

We also have the fact that she is a character that Nintendo is pushing hard to the point that the theme song is named after her as well as the lyrics are about her. Granted, the games come out in 10 days but never disqualify the chances of Nintendo being Nintendo and they have a clear "love" for the franchise since the mobile game that has become a giant)..... Heck, I wouldn¨t even be surprised if she comes as a last-minute character ala PP style in order to push FE3H with how much they pushed her and the game in general.

Because it could easily rub people the wrong way if they announce that they prioritized some other characters that come later over the ones that they have currently more than likely paid for.

I seriously doubt it.
I mean, it isn't completely out of the question that they could announce it like that. Also, here's a counter argument for the Spirit thing. I highly doubt that that is a hard deconfirmation, especially for third party properties. It would be downright wrong to include third party spirits like Geno, Shantae, and Rayman and not give those companies something more than a few pngs. We may have Cloud and the upcoming Hero content but Super Mario RPG, Shantae, and Rayman are the only third party franchises to not have a playable character or assist trophy (I didn't forget Shovel Knight and Yacht Club Games) that does have a spirit. I honestly feel like those should be our last three characters and Geno would be the sort of bonus like the plant that shall not be named.

I'm not saying that confirms those three characters but it seems exteremly unfair of Nintendo to not give those franchises anything more than a couple of pngs, especially when all three have extremely well requested characters in them and they clearly have the rights to show their faces in Ultimate.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Just a quick Operation StarFall Update

The petition currently sits at 86 wishes! Let's try and get it over 100 by the end of the day!

https://operationstarfall.com/

We also have launched an updated Facebook page that I advise you join and help reach out to greater audience there! Please join it and help us reach the largest audience possible!

https://www.facebook.com/opestarfall/

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I mean, it isn't completely out of the question that they could announce it like that. Also, here's a counter argument for the Spirit thing. I highly doubt that that is a hard deconfirmation, especially for third party properties. It would be downright wrong to include third party spirits like Geno, Shantae, and Rayman and not give those companies something more than a few pngs. We may have Cloud and the upcoming Hero content but Super Mario RPG, Shantae, and Rayman are the only third party franchises to not have a playable character or assist trophy (I didn't forget Shovel Knight and Yacht Club Games) that does have a spirit. I honestly feel like those should be our last three characters and Geno would be the sort of bonus like the plant that shall not be named.
I'm not saying that confirms those three characters but it seems exteremly unfair of Nintendo to not give those franchises anything more than a couple of pngs, especially when all three have extremely well requested characters in them and they clearly have the rights to show their faces in Ultimate.
I get what you are saying and I¨m with you to some extent. but there will always be characters that miss the mark. There is a reason why Assist Trophies and Trophies (now known as Spirits) exist in the first place. In a perfect world, the roster would be 10x as big if not more.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I still think we may get more stuff over time after the pass is completed. It seems silly to possibly have the team just pack it up and go through the Switch's entire lifespan without doing any further DLC, when the system barely entered its early stages. Sure, Sakurai might do his project that makes use of the Vifam rifle as a base (which we still don't know what it's for), but I can't seriously expect him to pump out games for a decade, when he typically works on other projects between Smash games.

If we get anything else, we'll know of it sometime around December or February, not any earlier than that.

Also, as much as I want to see him happen, I don't think Rayman's getting anything at this stage though, seeing how they treat their IPs at the moment.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
"It doesn't work well for Geno because I want it to be about Edelgard".

Citing fan made spirit rules and outdated opinions on Square Enix don't hold much weight either.

You do know that the last hint was a literal picture of a bear and a bird right? Previous hints weren't this ****ing cryptic whatsoever. Even the crab for Link's Awakening was a pretty literal hint that we all read into too much.

We also have the fact that she is a character that Nintendo is pushing hard to the point that the theme song is named after her as well as the lyrics are about her. Granted, the games come out in 10 days but never disqualify the chances of Nintendo being Nintendo(they have a clear "love" for the franchise since the mobile game that has become a giant)..... Heck, I wouldn¨t even be surprised if she comes as a last-minute character ala PP style in order to push FE3H with how much they pushed her and the game in general.
I'm not even sure what you're saying here. The idea of Geno being a "bonus" character is guesswork that has nothing to do with the hint picture. Also, you are directly contradicting yourself by saying Geno can't come last-minute ala PP but Edelgard can.

You know what would REALLY rub people the wrong way? Another FE lord being added to Smash, regardless of weapon.

Edelgard is my second most wanted (out of who is feasibly left to be added this game) and this is just clear bias. To me it looks like you came into this thread because it looked like that oddball puppet from the one off mario game actually had something looking (mildly) in his favor.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Alright Icewolff92 Icewolff92 just so we're clear you think it's more likely that this guy is using the Starling as symbolism of the Nazi's quest for Lebensraum in the second world war, referring to new-age animal spiritualism from an incredibly obscure website that spells magic with a k. This requires him to not only have in-depth knowledge of this strange occult website, referencing one out of hundreds of bird-related entries on the site, but also the belief that average people are able to piece this together. The same guy who hinted at Banjo and Kazooie with a picture of a bear and a witch (the connections are very obvious) and Link's Awakening with a crab (the first thing you see in the game)

Let's assume, then, that our NoA ambassador is actually deep into the occult and spirituality and completely breaks his patterns of hints by referencing this. What would be the purpose? Why would you post a picture a starling to hint at the character who's from the Black Eagle house? If you're a Game of Thrones fan, imagine someone hinted at something regarding the Lannisters by posting a picture of a meerkat. Lions and meerkats are about as related genetically as starlings and eagles, both being feliforms. Let's say he uses this meerkat as some ridiculous reference to the Lannisters. Here's the ""spirit guide"" to meerkats on that website:

Maternal nurturing, caretaking, watchfulness, ability to live communally, sacrifice for the good of the group. Meerkats are very social animals and also very hard-working. While some work on the construction, the others look out for possible dangers. When the Meerkat shows as a totem animal it means that potential danger is on it's way and the animal is a protecting force.

Wow, that could definitely reference the Lannisters! Or it could reference the Starks, or the Targaryens, or it could reference absolutely anyone and everyone because it was intentionally written to be as vague as humanly possible. This is mumbo-jumbo new age astrology nonsense. There is no historical connection between starlings and any of those traits and to pretend like we've found some longstanding connection between starlings and the horrors of war a la Fire Emblem is unequivocally absurd.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In the end, the leaker guy posted something that only makes sense to him, and he knows it.

Most people thought the crab would be related to Geno, others thought it'd be related to Pikmin, and I thought it could be a rerelease of Genji, for silly reasons. But nah, it was Link's Awakening.

It's possible that none of us are even close to the mark, let alone be on it.

Firox

Smash Master
Holy crap, guys. I think I figured the picture thing out and I really hope I'm wrong. The picture is of a black bird standing on a house. House. As in Three Houses? Edelgard is the leader of the black eagles, so even though the bird isn't exactly an eagle, I think the house itself is relevant to the clue. Then we have the fact that Corporate Nintendo wouldn't be above promoting their own games with the new Fire Emblem right around the corner. Edelgard would literally be the next Corrin. I don't like the idea, but it makes a lot of sense, and even with my own biases in play, I would have to say that if the clue is between Edelgard and Geno, then we'd be looking at at least an 80%-20% chance between the two respectively. No matter how you slice it, Geno would still be a bit of a stretch while Edelgard fits all too easily. I could obviously be wrong, but when you also factor in the fact that she would be the first and only female character to make the DLC thus far, I could totally see it happening.

That said, IF she did get in, I'm telling you right now, if she is even the teeniest tiniest bit like the other FE characters, I'm giving her a hard pass. I'm so done with swordfighters at this point. The only reason I'm probably going to get Hero is because that crazy menu mechanic looks broken.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
From what I've gathered, the pictures from Sabi's source are meant to be taken pretty literally. Bird-House could be Edelgard, but Starling could be Geno. Then again, Juliet Starling is an actual character, albeit not really a popular one (or a good fit for Smash at all IMO). I don't think we have enough information to really go on, especially since we don't even know if this is meant to be for Smash in the first place. Starling could even be Starly, and he could be teasing Diamond/Pearl remakes.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Holy crap, guys. I think I figured the picture thing out and I really hope I'm wrong. The picture is of a black bird standing on a house. House. As in Three Houses? Edelgard is the leader of the black eagles, so even though the bird isn't exactly an eagle, I think the house itself is relevant to the clue. Then we have the fact that Corporate Nintendo wouldn't be above promoting their own games with the new Fire Emblem right around the corner. Edelgard would literally be the next Corrin. I don't like the idea, but it makes a lot of sense, and even with my own biases in play, I would have to say that if the clue is between Edelgard and Geno, then we'd be looking at at least an 80%-20% chance between the two respectively. No matter how you slice it, Geno would still be a bit of a stretch while Edelgard fits all too easily. I could obviously be wrong, but when you also factor in the fact that she would be the first and only female character to make the DLC thus far, I could totally see it happening.

That said, IF she did get in, I'm telling you right now, if she is even the teeniest tiniest bit like the other FE characters, I'm giving her a hard pass. I'm so done with swordfighters at this point. The only reason I'm probably going to get Hero is because that crazy menu mechanic looks broken.
I think you've missed the past couple of pages where some of us were banging rocks and most came to the conclusion that it ISN'T Eldegard because none of that makes any sense in the slightest.

I think you've missed the past couple of pages where some of us were banging rocks and most came to the conclusion that it ISN'T Eldegard because none of that makes any sense in the slightest.
Then again, I could very well be wrong. Who knows? The leaker does~

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
From what I've gathered, the pictures from Sabi's source are meant to be taken pretty literally. Bird-House could be Edelgard, but Starling could be Geno. Then again, Juliet Starling is an actual character, albeit not really a popular one (or a good fit for Smash at all IMO). I don't think we have enough information to really go on, especially since we don't even know if this is meant to be for Smash in the first place. Starling could even be Starly, and he could be teasing Diamond/Pearl remakes.
I hope that's not it, the last thing people need right now is more Pokémon news, given the PR disaster happening.

Firox

Smash Master
I guess I did. I've seen some theories rattling around about why it might not be Edelgard, but how does it not make any sense in the slightest. Please offer a summary to refute why there is no possible way in existence that it could be her. (Note: I'm not saying it couldn't be Geno, I'm just curious how you can claim that there isn't even a little logic to support Edelgard.)

MattX20

Smash Hero
At the rate this thread is going, we will probably be at 1100 pages before the supposed Direct even happens.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
I want Geno as much as the next person in this thread, but c'mon. It makes a lot of sense for it to be Edelgard. Sakurai has already set a precedent with Corrin, and Bird/House works better than "Starling = Geno" in my opinion.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I want Geno as much as the next person in this thread, but c'mon. It makes a lot of sense for it to be Edelgard. Sakurai has already set a precedent with Corrin, and Bird/House works better than "Starling = Geno" in my opinion.
So because the last game had a FE character as DLC that somehow set a precedent and therefore this random hint is more likely to be a FE character? That’s some really contrived logic.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Exactly my point! I HOPE it's Geno, but logically speaking, she's a better fit.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I guess I did. I've seen some theories rattling around about why it might not be Edelgard, but how does it not make any sense in the slightest. Please offer a summary to refute why there is no possible way in existence that it could be her. (Note: I'm not saying it couldn't be Geno, I'm just curious how you can claim that there isn't even a little logic to support Edelgard.)
I did change my stance to saying I could be wrong. It just doesn't make any sense in a number of levels. Corrin was a pretty unsuccessful character during Wii U and 3DS. Why would you even try to replicate that with a series that the Smash fanbase is notorious for hating on? While the bird could, somehow, mean Three Houses, why wouldn't he just pick an eagle? I feel like the bird is exteremly deliberate and that nullifies plenty of other characters. It doesn't make sense for it to be Eldegard because all of the characters are bringing something new to Smash Bros. I'm not referring to franchises, I'm referring to mechanics. Joker has Arsene, Hero has the JRPG commands, and Banjo looks like he has collect-a-thon mechanics to his gameplay via golden feathers. Geno fits that because he could very easily be timing based, given his arsenal. It'll take more than an axe weapon to give the same vibe as these other characters.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, we don't have any DLC pattern established, when we only had one game prior to this that had DLC.

Besides, looking for patterns with Sak's an exercise in futility. Even the oddball newcomer isn't an obscure NES one this time.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
That's what a precedent is, yes.
There’s literally no pattern for this DLC and if anything there’s more of a precedent for Newcomers in this FP to not be from first-Party titles. Just because the last game had a FE character in no way provides a precedent for the subsequent game’s DLC. Like I could say there’s a precedent for mario characters being added to the series in each installment. That wouldn’t make it a good argument for this random hint being Geno.

Another example: Chun-Li is a character that was rumored to be cut for SSBU, is a third-party character, has a move called spinning bird kick, and Sm4sh had Ryu as a DLC character. And Capcom has yet to have a FP rep and with mii costume theory a Capcom rep should be coming up. So therefore Chun-Li makes more sense than Edelgard for this hint, right?

Edit: Also as wynn728 wynn728 just brought up: Rex and Pyrrha were literally said by Sakurai to have missed the cut because they were too new. You’re going to tell me a character in a game that literally hasn’t released yet would make the cut instead?

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Google says there are 280,000,000 results for "bird on roof" and this picture isn't appearing among them. If it was meant to be "bird house" he surely would have posted a picture of a bird house. This is deliberate.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
"It doesn't work well for Geno because I want it to be about Edelgard".
I have been very open that I want Geno and not Edelgard at the 7 square rep post before Hero got announced

You do know that the last hint was a literal picture of a bear and a bird right? Previous hints weren't this ****ing cryptic whatsoever. Even the crab for Link's Awakening was a pretty literal hint that we all read into too much.
With your logic, it would make even more sense for Edelgard concidering bird + house.

I'm not even sure what you're saying here. The idea of Geno being a "bonus" character is guesswork that has nothing to do with the hint picture. Also, you are directly contradicting yourself by saying Geno can't come last-minute ala PP but Edelgard can.

You know what would REALLY rub people the wrong way? Another FE lord being added to Smash, regardless of weapon.
I know how it sounds and I¨m with you. But I don¨t trust Nintendo when it comes to potential shameless plugs.

Alright Icewolff92 Icewolff92 Icewolff92 Icewolff92 just so we're clear you think it's more likely that this guy is using the Starling as symbolism of the Nazi's quest for Lebensraum in the second world war, referring to new-age animal spiritualism from an incredibly obscure website that spells magic with a k. This requires him to not only have in-depth knowledge of this strange occult website, referencing one out of hundreds of bird-related entries on the site, but also the belief that average people are able to piece this together. The same guy who hinted at Banjo and Kazooie with a picture of a bear and a witch (the connections are very obvious) and Link's Awakening with a crab (the first thing you see in the game)

Let's assume, then, that our NoA ambassador is actually deep into the occult and spirituality and completely breaks his patterns of hints by referencing this. What would be the purpose? Why would you post a picture a starling to hint at the character who's from the Black Eagle house? If you're a Game of Thrones fan, imagine someone hinted at something regarding the Lannisters by posting a picture of a meerkat. Lions and meerkats are about as related genetically as starlings and eagles, both being feliforms. Let's say he uses this meerkat as some ridiculous reference to the Lannisters. Here's the ""spirit guide"" to meerkats on that website:
No offense, but did you even read my comment? Yes, I think its Geno vs Edelgard, but that depends if the bird has any real meaning towards it

Starling also symbolizes connections and relationships, social standings and group ethics.. That¨s a Fire Emblem lord in a nutshell. We also have the invading aspect which... well I don¨t think I need to point out how that connects to Fire Emblem. The message of the gods? That could easily be connected to the "crest of the gods" that Edelgard makes a big deal of in the reveal trailer.

However, let me ask you this (concidering you talk about the election being obvious for average people) What do you think people that know about Three Houses, and Geno would think about when they see a blackbird that they don¨t know about on a rooftop if they were asked to chose between them?

I want Geno as much as everyone else here. But it's foolish to think in tunnel view. You only build yourself for more potential disappointment

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

I doubt it for several reasons.
1) Seeing how characters like Rex & Pyra and the ARMS series were taken out of consideration to be part of Smash Bros through DLC why would a Fire Emblem Three Houses character get in? Xenoblade 2 & ARMS came out in 2017, and seeing how the DLC was decided on around 2018 and Rex & Springman were still "NO" I don't get how this 2019 character could get in.
2) Why do people keep think that it's Edelgard that's the Three Houses character in Smash Bros? We know that we get to select which House we join, so that means for a good two thirds of content Edelgard isn't the main character and could potentially be the antagonist depending on how the story goes. People keep assuming that it's Edelgard because she was the only character who's name was properly shown during the first trailer reveal, and everyone just ignore that facts that Byleth is the main player character that would've been chosen if there were a Fire Emblem Three House rep. For Awakening they chose Robin, the main player character, and for Fates they chose Corrin who was the main player character. I don't that Edelgard would be chosen seeing how she shares the same importance as the other two House Leaders, that's like picking Xander as the Fates representation and leaving it at just that.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
There’s literally no pattern for this DLC and if anything there’s more of a precedent for Newcomers in this FP to not be from first-Party titles. Just because the last game had a FE character in no way provides a precedent for the subsequent game’s DLC. Like I could say there’s a precedent for mario characters being added to the series in each installment. That wouldn’t make it a good argument for this random hint being Geno.
You can believe what you want. I've been clamoring for Geno to be in Smash since Brawl, so I may be a little jaded on the matter. The only thing I've learned throughout the years is that Sakurai can be frustratingly unpredictable, so everything must be taken with a grain of salt - however, he does have a certain thought pattern (as does Nintendo in general). It's no coincidence there's been a new Pokemon from the latest generation in every Smash instalment since Melee. It's also not a coincidence that there are... what, 8 Fire Emblem characters now? Corrin was a relative nobody by the time s/he was included, and it was fairly obvious they added her/him for marketing purposes.

Firox

Smash Master
I did change my stance to saying I could be wrong. It just doesn't make any sense in a number of levels. Corrin was a pretty unsuccessful character during Wii U and 3DS. Why would you even try to replicate that with a series that the Smash fanbase is notorious for hating on? While the bird could, somehow, mean Three Houses, why wouldn't he just pick an eagle? I feel like the bird is exteremly deliberate and that nullifies plenty of other characters. It doesn't make sense for it to be Eldegard because all of the characters are bringing something new to Smash Bros. I'm not referring to franchises, I'm referring to mechanics. Joker has Arsene, Hero has the JRPG commands, and Banjo looks like he has collect-a-thon mechanics to his gameplay via golden feathers. Geno fits that because he could very easily be timing based, given his arsenal. It'll take more than an axe weapon to give the same vibe as these other characters.
I agree with most of your points. My only hang-up is when you say "it just doesn't make ANY sense". That's just flat out incorrect. The fact that the bird is standing ON A HOUSE, could be alluding to Three Houses. This combined with a predominantly black bird leave us as least two dots to connect, hence the Edelgard theory makes at very very least SOME sense. Also take into account that it would be nearly impossible to find a picture of an actual black eagle chilling on someone's roof since they only live in the rural regions of south asia. (Don't worry, I already googled it, so yeah, you won't find any) The type of bird could very well be deliberate, but the chance that it might not adds even more "sense" to the possibility.

My main point is, don't be too quick to dismiss an idea just because you don't like it. I don't like the idea of Edelgard either, but logic requires that we look at ALL the angles.

I doubt it for several reasons.
1) Seeing how characters like Rex & Pyra and the ARMS series were taken out of consideration to be part of Smash Bros through DLC why would a Fire Emblem Three Houses character get in? Xenoblade 2 & ARMS came out in 2017, and seeing how the DLC was decided on around 2018 and Rex & Springman were still "NO" I don't get how this 2019 character could get in.
2) Why do people keep think that it's Edelgard that's the Three Houses character in Smash Bros? We know that we get to select which House we join, so that means for a good two thirds of content Edelgard isn't the main character and could potentially be the antagonist depending on how the story goes. People keep assuming that it's Edelgard because she was the only character who's name was properly shown during the first trailer reveal, and everyone just ignore that facts that Byleth is the main player character that would've been chosen if there were a Fire Emblem Three House rep. For Awakening they chose Robin, the main player character, and for Fates they chose Corrin who was the main player character. I don't that Edelgard would be chosen seeing how she shares the same importance as the other two House Leaders, that's like picking Xander as the Fates representation and leaving it at just that.
You're first point is pretty sound, but remember that Sakurai said that Xenoblade 2 was released after the main game started development, so that explains why Rex and Pyra weren't added as standard newcomers. As for why they didn't make DLC, that could have simply been the case of corporate vetoing Sakurai. We don't know the circumstances, but Corrin was a solid example of Nintendo scratching their own back. We can't rule out that they would never do it again.

As for point number two, you're trying to use your own logic and bias to determine the character, and we know that those things don't work on Sakurai. Just when you think you have the next character nailed down 1000%, he gives you something like PP to completely flip the chess board. While I totally agree with you that Byleth makes more sense, Byleth has no direct connection to the picture clue. I'm just trying to find a correlation to the clue, and as far as I can see, the only candidate that fits the literal picture is Edelgard. AGAIN, I don't want her, but she seems to fit better than Geno at the moment.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
You can believe what you want. I've been clamoring for Geno to be in Smash since Brawl, so I may be a little jaded on the matter. The only thing I've learned throughout the years is that Sakurai can be frustratingly unpredictable, so everything must be taken with a grain of salt - however, he does have a certain thought pattern (as does Nintendo in general). It's no coincidence there's been a new Pokemon from the latest generation in every Smash instalment since Melee. It's also not a coincidence that there are... what, 8 Fire Emblem characters now? Corrin was a relative nobody by the time s/he was included, and it was fairly obvious they added her/him for marketing purposes.
The difference is they’re very obviously operating from a different mindset with this set of DLC. They’ve literally said it’s not going to be obvious characters and the only promo character they’ve done so far is Hero. Also like I said in my last post Edelgard is way too new to have been included as DLC for this FP if Rex didn’t even make the cut.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I agree with most of your points. My only hang-up is when you say "it just doesn't make ANY sense". That's just flat out incorrect. The fact that the bird is standing ON A HOUSE, could be alluding to Three Houses. This combined with a predominantly black bird leave us as least two dots to connect, hence the Edelgard theory makes at very very least SOME sense. Also take into account that it would be nearly impossible to find a picture of an actual black eagle chilling on someone's roof since they only live in the rural regions of south asia. (Don't worry, I already googled it, so yeah, you won't find any) The type of bird could very well be deliberate, but the chance that it might not adds even more "sense" to the possibility.

My main point is, don't be too quick to dismiss an idea just because you don't like it. I don't like the idea of Edelgard either, but logic requires that we look at ALL the angles.
Agreed

Watch the next hint be puppets on three houses...don't @ me
I would laugh my a&% off if that happen

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord

I never said I didn't like her character. I meant for the general opinion of FE. I actually really enjoy a bit of their characters, especially due to Smash. I also apologise, as I should have worded that phrasing better. It was certainly an over exaggeration. Perhaps you too may not need to jump to conclusions and look at it from all angles. Ok, I'm merely joking there, so don't take any offense.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
A thought occurred to me. What if the hint we're supposed to take away from the pic isn't starling, but the fact it's European? It could be a hint to Layton

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
A thought occurred to me. What if the hint we're supposed to take away from the pic isn't starling, but the fact it's European? It could be a hint to Layton
Professor Layton would be a bit interesting but what unique mechanic would he have to differentiate himself from other fighters? I'm not super familiar with his games's mechanics.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
European is such a broad category that could include so many characters. I really really don’t think so.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
European is such a broad category that could include so many characters. I really really don’t think so.
Yeah, you could easily put that one guy from Wolfenstein, right?

Hello, i'm new here.
What are you exactly talking about? I don't follow it...
We are currently discussing the DLC possibilities of Geno and Eldegard, as well a mysterious image that was dropped of a bird called a European Starling on a the roof of a house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom