• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
The thing with Eldegard, if this was a hint for her, why not a black bird in a bird house? Or better yet, a literal bird house. I could see this being likely to her, though. Also, is this bird on a house or a business place? /S

EDIT: TheCJBrine TheCJBrine I believe she does not know as well. With the Crab, They actually knew what it was pointing towards. I believe Fatmanonice Fatmanonice was aware of what the Crab was when he shared it with us months ago.

EDIT EDIT: Apparently the first thought was Pikmin, before actually getting told it was for Link's Awakening.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Can someone please catch me up on this new Geno hint business? I've been out of this thread for a long time and you guys post at the speed of light, I swear.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
Can someone please catch me up on this new Geno hint business? I've been out of this thread for a long time and you guys post at the speed of light, I swear.
A leaker posted an image of a bird on a rooftop. People have identified the bird as a Starling, and that's the supposed connection to Geno.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I guess Sabi's source never really tells her when he's hinting about stuff... I sent her a message shortly after he dropped the picture and she kind of seemed to imply that but, going all the way to January on Twitter, I think that might actually be the case. Also, he finally responded to us as well as my PMs to him about an hour ago but didn't say anything about it and I think he's going to just let us stew... Slowly going mad... Birds...

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I guess Sabi's source never really tells her when he's hinting about stuff... I sent her a message shortly after he dropped the picture and she kind of seemed to imply that but, going all the way to January on Twitter, I think that might actually be the case. Also, he finally responded to us as well as my PMs to him about an hour ago but didn't say anything about it and I think he's going to just let us stew... Slowly going mad... Birds...
Bird stew!? I would love some! Soo sounds like this is a thing...And we will be in the dark until the fated day.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Actually now that I think about it it's kind of funny; the first time I saw Geno in Super Mario RPG I thought he was a bird for some reason.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Hmm, I dunno, I think that's a pretty tenuous connection. It's certainly no "Puzzle Witch." Then again, no video game mascots are birds, are they? There's characters like Falco and Kazooie but they're not really the face of their games. Hmm...

Zema

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I dunno, I think that's a pretty tenuous connection. It's certainly no "Puzzle Witch." Then again, no video game mascots are birds, are they? There's characters like Falco and Kazooie but they're not really the face of their games. Hmm...
Well, the biggest thing we have to go on is the fact that it's a Starling... which isn't much, to be honest, especially when Bird/House aligns more with Edelgard in my opinion... And also the fact that apparently this was image was dropped in a private Geno Discord group, from what Fatmanonice Fatmanonice said.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Didn't he say something similar before the :ultisabelle: announcement delay happened?

What he says may not always be something to take at face value. Besides, denying the truth is for the best, with how vicious the ninjas are right now.

Last edited:

Bremy

Smash Apprentice
With FE three houses coming out next week, I don't think the character he is hinting is Edelgard. Purely because it doesn't make too much sense to promote a game months after it releases, since the character would be the fourth and come out around December (maybe).

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
Lupin Leak.png

Lupin Leak 2.png
Here's an interesting leak. I doubt it's real but it's certainly interesting and especially when it comes to Geno. Anyone can make a fake leak but if this is true combined with the things that have came out within the past few days this would definitely raise a whole ton of suspicion.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
You know with how quick some of us turned once Sabi said something against what we hoped, I saw a similar thing happen else where. You know where... Banjo and Kazooie Thread. And you know...she doubted it. This time however she just doesn't know what to think of this. Time will tell. Whether this is Smash related or not.

Also, Jon is deflecting the claims, because would you want Nintendo to look at your history and go 'you know...he DOES post otters before we announce a Direct!'

EDIT: Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 'choke slam' followed by a Tombstone Pile-driver!?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Here's an interesting leak. I doubt it's real but it's certainly interesting and especially when it comes to Geno. Anyone can make a fake leak but if this is true combined with the things that have came out within the past few days this would definitely raise a whole ton of suspicion.
At least the killswitch is a short one. If this is true though, then the controversial thing that'd be in here is the Namco fans getting bupkis once again, all along.

Regardless of anything, it's good to see a Lupin fan on there.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I was kind of thinking Home Run Contest would have an online feature. Some 4chan stuff was true before...but doubtful.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Glad to see that hope for Geno is till back on track. While I might not be as "this could be it" (because of his spirit and fighter icon) as many other Geno fans, I won¨t deny that it feels hopeful

The thing with Eldegard, if this was a hint for her, why not a black bird in a bird house? Or better yet, a literal bird house. I could see this being likely to her, though. Also, is this bird on a house or a business place? /S
Well,, the game is called three houses, its a bird on that house and that species is a symbol for connections which is a big part of 3H
At least the killswitch is a short one. If this is true though, then the controversial thing that'd be in here is the Namco fans getting bupkis once again, all along.

Regardless of anything, it's good to see a Lupin fan on there.
It could unfortunately just be someone that rides on this supposed speculation. Just like that supposed leak that claimed Sora a while back for E3, these are just something same to go by. Also, that Lupin movie looks fantastic so far.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Glad to see that hope for Geno is till back on track. While I might not be as "this could be it" (because of his spirit and fighter icon) as many other Geno fans, I won¨t deny that it feels hopeful

Well,, the game is called three houses, its a bird on that house and that species is a symbol for connections which is a big part of 3H

It could unfortunately just be someone that rides on this supposed speculation. Just like that supposed leak that claimed Sora a while back for E3, these are just something same to go by. Also, that Lupin movie looks fantastic so far.
I Like You're Icon, i dearly support Robin and Lucina Together.

Oaterinos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5149 9306 1606
Been lurking since pre Grinch era, just had to finally make an account to chime in after seeing all the new life in here. Hello everyone!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Main thing that makes me doubt this is that there's a whopping four new Mii swordsmen outfits: Lloyd, Daruga Knight, and the two versions of Byelth. Would they really do that? Having a ton of Namco characters with the Square characters would be kind of weird too. I feel like that would sort of be a soft deconfirmation of a Namco rep down the line.

T2by4

Smash Lord
What reason could they possibly have for holding the geno costume back this long? I really hope we don't get Isaac'd and they show it for the last dlc when people have been speculating he might have a chance. But then again, I hope we don't get screwed and get nothing at all.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The more I think about this... if the bird really means something, I think its boil down to three candidates
A) Geno. for reason stated previously by others and... well the connection part could boil down to him too. We also have the 2 copyrighted songs for better or worse.
B) Yuri Lowen... well it fits the behavior of Starling as well, and it also works with the MII Costume theory.
C).. Well, Edelgard... Nintendo loves Fire Emblem, Three Houses have no problem on the music and spirits department and the hints fits her perfectly. Especially when you go deep down on what Starling really means
NLmq3n47.jpg

Been lurking since pre Grinch era, just had to finally make an account to chime in after seeing all the new life in here. Hello everyone!
Welcome onboard

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
What reason could they possibly have for holding the geno costume back this long? I really hope we don't get Isaac'd and they show it for the last dlc when people have been speculating he might have a chance. But then again, I hope we don't get screwed and get nothing at all.
Same reason they had for showing off the Moon assist trophy but never mentioning Skull Kid till after the game releases. And that reason is ????

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
You better believe im soaking in every second of the last couple days.

This is the **** i live for

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Main thing that makes me doubt this is that there's a whopping four new Mii swordsmen outfits: Lloyd, Daruga Knight, and the two versions of Byelth. Would they really do that? Having a ton of Namco characters with the Square characters would be kind of weird too. I feel like that would sort of be a soft deconfirmation of a Namco rep down the line.
Well the thing is, in this 'leak', Square only has hats...no real characters as costumes. The 4 swordsmen would be a bit much, but who's to say that Byelth is just a sword fighter? Could be brawler as well? Or just a costume for all since they are a teacher. IDK. But would be crazy if this happened.

Last edited:

Nemo_Namikaze

Smash Cadet
Same reason they had for showing off the Moon assist trophy but never mentioning Skull Kid till after the game releases. And that reason is ????
For real Nintendo/Sakurai have a tendency to unintentionally **** us around.
That said it'd be REALLY out there for us to get Hero and bunch of Squeenix stuff and then genos costume later.

Edit: unless the costume came with geno himself I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:

T2by4

Smash Lord
That said it'd be REALLY out there for us to get Hero and bunch of Squeenix stuff and then genos costume later.
This. It's square. Please put us out of our misery and not drag it on if we're going to just get shafted in the end.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

EDIT: TheCJBrine TheCJBrine I believe she does not know as well. With the Crab, They actually knew what it was pointing towards. I believe Fatmanonice Fatmanonice was aware of what the Crab was when he shared it with us months ago.
Actually we didn't... Most of us assumed it was Pikmin related. I remember when he actually explained the hint in the aftermath and we all kind of responded in the same way... "are you ****ing kidding me?!" Even when King Zell said a 2D Zelda was coming, we didn't put two and two together. I think someone might have jokingly guessed a Link's Awakening remake at some point but quickly dropped it as it didn't spur a response from Sabi's source.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
If the Geno Mii Costume isn¨t apart of this, it will either come with another Square character (Sora?) or him being a DLC character, be it in the fighter pack or being a new Piranha Plant so to speak (there will be an open spot once all 5 is released after all) I have a hard time seeing that we won¨t get something more then just a spirit and icon.

Nemo_Namikaze

Smash Cadet
Just a thought:

What if the lupin post is real. There was no mention of an extra character, then what if the bird was a geno hint. We likely won't see fighter pass 4 and 5 for a while.

Just imagine the agony of sitting on this hint for so long. Not likely given the past hints, but my god man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom