• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
The biggest things Geno has got going for him are his longevity and the rabid nature of his fans. Our obsession with the deuteragonist of a 90s SNES RPG has propelled him from his status as a cool part of a cool game to a widely recognized contender for the biggest crossover in video game history. Telling people not to phrase him as some kind of frontrunner is in complete opposition to the methods we've used to get Geno into the Smash community's lexicon over the last decade. I will continue saying he's a frontrunner and at the top of the fan hierarchy because he is. I will not "hype responsibly" because I am convinced we will meme-magic Geno into Smash.
Not asking you to "hype responsibly." I'm talking about the community's tendency to use the hierarchy to stagnate discussions around Smash newcomers and that there should be some perceived order of who should come next after one big name or another gets in. You can talk about Geno as a popular character without having to resort to that sort of stuff. I'm not discounting his longevity or anyone in the fan base when I say that.

Fan hierarchy stuff is super unhealthy for the community and the game is what I'm saying, and can lead to a lot of vitriol as people either fight for that coveted top spot of such a hierarchy. We can just say, Geno is a popular fan request that has survived and continued to thrive since the Brawl era with a passionate fan base that hopes to make the impossible possible. We don't have to say, Geno is or should be the next fan request to happen. Like obviously we want him to be that next character, as does any fan base for any character, but I don't think anybody should be laying claim to the hierarchy or emphasizing it's importance above all else. I get that it matters a lot to us Geno fans because popularity is really his main thing, but I feel like just the longevity as a fan request should speak for itself without dominating over any other characters in the process.

I hope I'm phrasing this as properly as I want to, and I'll keep trying if this clarification post didn't help out in that regard.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Not asking you to "hype responsibly." I'm talking about the community's tendency to use the hierarchy to stagnate discussions around Smash newcomers and that there should be some perceived order of who should come next after one big name or another gets in. You can talk about Geno as a popular character without having to resort to that sort of stuff. I'm not discounting his longevity or anyone in the fan base when I say that.

Fan hierarchy stuff is super unhealthy for the community and the game is what I'm saying, and can lead to a lot of vitriol as people either fight for that coveted top spot of such a hierarchy. We can just say, Geno is a popular fan request that has survived and continued to thrive since the Brawl era with a passionate fan base that hopes to make the impossible possible. We don't have to say, Geno is or should be the next fan request to happen. Like obviously we want him to be that next character, as does any fan base for any character, but I don't think anybody should be laying claim to the hierarchy or emphasizing it's importance above all else. I get that it matters a lot to us Geno fans because popularity is really his main thing, but I feel like just the longevity as a fan request should speak for itself without dominating over any other characters in the process.

I hope I'm phrasing this as properly as I want to, and I'll keep trying if this clarification post didn't help out in that regard.
Geno is or should be the next fan request to happen.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
But I have one question tho
Why geno and not mallow?
Is it for the design?

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
But I have one question tho
Why geno and not mallow?
Is it for the design?
I think it's a mix of Design/Moveset potential/Personality and that he's the main driver of the plot without him Mario and the crew wouldn't really know what's up. Sure Mallow has his own story arc and character development but Geno's story arc pretty much is the story of Super Mario RPG with how closely tied those two are.

So yeah Design/Moveset/Personality and him being basically being the co-protagonist.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Back when those characters were considered impossible and arguably as bad as requesting Goku to many people. I certainly agree that Geno was more popular than them during that era, but again, they were character choices hamstrung by their own viability (I mean for ****s sake, we have Banjo in the game and people were still debating this issue over the past year and Sora still can't catch a break in that regard). People tend not to vote for things they perceive as pointless or irrational because they want their vote to have weight and also play for the "winning" team. We've seen exactly what happens when the perceived walls break down for characters. People flock to the choice they didn't even realize was even close to a reality. Most of the points have been how Banjo Kazooie in particular performed better than pretty much every character around once they became viable options on a community wide scale thanks to Phil Spencer.

I think it's important to establish that context for these characters.
The original point that was brought up though was that Geno has had a more consistent and long-running legacy in the grand scheme of all of Smash specualtion/requests than Banjo comparatively. Which these polls show.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
... You're really setting yourself up for disappointment, ain'tcha?
This is ****ing wild to me.

I’d like to think that all of our lives are fulfilling enough outside of this thread that not getting our most wanted smash character next won’t devastate us.

We haven’t gotten him for the past 13 years, I don’t think you need to tell us we need to “hype responsibly” lmao. I think our expectations are in check and it’s more than okay to think Geno SHOULD be the next fan favorite in this thread. He should be. If he isn’t, then it’s nothing we haven’t experienced in the past 40+ character reveals, so I don’t need to be told how to prepare myself for that possibility.

Enjoy life.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

I’d like to think that all of our lives are fulfilling enough outside of this thread that not getting our most wanted smash character next won’t devastate us.

We haven’t gotten him for the past 13 years, I don’t think you need to tell us we need to “hype responsibly” lmao. I think our expectations are in check and it’s more than okay to think Geno SHOULD be the next fan favorite in this thread. He should be. If he isn’t, then it’s nothing we haven’t experienced in the past 40+ character reveals, so I don’t need to be told how to prepare myself for that possibility.

Enjoy life.
This. The frequency of the pessimism and shooting down hopes/theories regarding Geno in the Geno hype thread of all places really does feel absurd at times.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
For some reason I have a lot of hope for Geno being a bonus DLC character when I have no rhyme or reason for even thinking so. My only proof is that Plant was a Mario character that was a separate DLC (that came with several Super Mario RPG references thinking about it) and that separate DLC has it's own section on the website indicating there MIGHT be more.

Last edited:

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
This. The frequency of the pessimism and shooting down hopes/theories regarding Geno in the Geno hype thread of all places really does feel absurd at times.
I'm somewhat sympathetic to the moderate speculator that may love Geno, but would like to remain realistic about his chances. It's understandable and sometimes things can get lost in translation between the hype posters and moderate posters. That's just my 2 cents and why I usually include in my posts that I'm either joking or don't expect what I'm theorizing to come true as I've noticed in my time lurking there sometimes is a cultural habit in this thread to conflate just getting hype for hype's sake with setting your expectations too high and becoming disappointed (which is fair, because that happens a lot, and happened with the Grinch leak).

I for one really like the phrase "Geno Hype Thread" because that's EXACTLY how I use this thread. For complete, uninhibited, and unrealistic hype that our boy is always the next DLC haha

I literally posted yesterday that I'm 100% convinced he's bonus DLC (and I still am), but it's all in good fun to keep a positive tone going at least.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Enjoy life.
I'm not telling anyone to hype responsibly. Frankly I couldn't care less about whether people set themselves up for disappointment.

But acting like Geno should be the next fan favorite is highly freaking entitled. It's a very toxic mentality. Let's say that festers. The circle jerk that Geno should be the next fan favorite (because it's old, or because it's consistent, or because we're first in line, or whatever bull**** reason) continues. And then another fan favorite gets in before. What will you do then? Attack the character? Attack their fans? Take it out on Sakurai?

That's the kind of behavior that shouldn't be tolerated anywhere. I'm not going to stop calling it out just because it's in the thread of a character I support. I already saw enough aggressive kneejerk reactions to Hero's trailer to be wary of any of this stuff. And it's really ironic, considering many people here claim to have been harassed off-site due to their Geno fandom. We don't like that behavior, we should act like it, dammit.

Geno'll get in, either as the next in line or after 60 other fan favorites. You don't like that, go back to your very fulfilling life.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I'm not telling anyone to hype responsibly. Frankly I couldn't care less about whether people set themselves up for disappointment.

But acting like Geno should be the next fan favorite is highly freaking entitled. It's a very toxic mentality. Let's say that festers. The circle jerk that Geno should be the next fan favorite (because it's old, or because it's consistent, or because we're first in line, or whatever bull**** reason) continues. And then another fan favorite gets in before. What will you do then? Attack the character? Attack their fans? Take it out on Sakurai?

That's the kind of behavior that shouldn't be tolerated anywhere. I'm not going to stop calling it out just because it's in the thread of a character I support. I already saw enough aggressive kneejerk reactions to Hero's trailer to be wary of any of this stuff. And it's really ironic, considering many people here claim to have been harassed off-site due to their Geno fandom. We don't like that behavior, we should act like it, dammit.

Geno'll get in, either as the next in line or after 60 other fan favorites. You don't like that, go back to your very fulfilling life.
Imagine going into a thread about a character and telling people they shouldn't hope that the character is in next

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Because Geno is a bonus DLC fighter ;)
I really want to believe. But I moved on from Smash to CTR for now. It's keeping me to have peace of mind.

I'll tune in for Smash announcements but I don't plan on buying any DLC until Geno is announced (I'll pick up his costume though if that is the worst case scenario)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Imagine going into a thread about a character and telling people they shouldn't hope that the character is in next
If that's what you understood from what I said, then you're genuinely lost.

For the rest of you, if that's how you express hope, you're doing it wrong. 'I wish X would happen' is an expression of hope, or desire. 'X should happen' is a statement, one about how things ought to be. If things don't go how they should, then something is wrong. That's the implication there.

And go to any other character thread, people aren't saying their character should be next to happen. They're hoping their character comes at some point. As someone else said, creating a hierarchy of characters is just setting yourself up for hating whoever comes next because they 'stole your place in line'. Oh great, Banjo got in! That means we have to come next! What happens if Waluigi's next? Or Isaac? Or Dixie Kong? Did they steal Geno's spot? Did they cut in line? What happens if next game Sora gets in? And Lara Croft after him? And Crono after that?

If you can only keep hoping when you think you have a chance, well you haven't been paying attention.

Also, I'm not 'going into' any thread. I've been here for a veeery long time. Sadly, not every criticism has to be us vs. them. I don't suddenly start being an outsider because I don't agree with toxic behavior.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 has been here as long as anyone else that I know on this particular thread, so he’s certainly not just “going into a thread” like any number of legitimate trolls have in the past.

He’s just giving his take on the hierarchy issue as I did. And he’s certainly not saying for people shouldn’t hope for characters and Geno, and not really bringing up anything that should be that contentious either.

Don’t immediately go for the exclusionary reaction that labels him an outsider like that. There’s no reason for that.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
If that's what you understood from what I said, then you're genuinely lost.

For the rest of you, if that's how you express hope, you're doing it wrong. 'I wish X would happen' is an expression of hope, or desire. 'X should happen' is a statement, one about how things ought to be. If things don't go how they should, then something is wrong. That's the implication there.

And go to any other character thread, people aren't saying their character should be next to happen. They're hoping their character comes at some point. As someone else said, creating a hierarchy of characters is just setting yourself up for hating whoever comes next because they 'stole your place in line'. Oh great, Banjo got in! That means we have to come next! What happens if Waluigi's next? Or Isaac? Or Dixie Kong? Did they steal Geno's spot? Did they cut in line? What happens if next game Sora gets in? And Lara Croft after him? And Crono after that?

If you can only keep hoping when you think you have a chance, well you haven't been paying attention.

Also, I'm not 'going into' any thread. I've been here for a veeery long time. Sadly, not every criticism has to be us vs. them. I don't suddenly start being an outsider because I don't agree with toxic behavior.
I think your points are valid. I even get into the trap of claiming stolen valor/spots. Piranha Plant especially. And I have been picking fights with Sora fans for a while.

However, I can understand how some of us are growing exhausted with waiting. It isn't anything majority of us have done wrong. I think overall we just need to continue being very supportive to everyone in the community and eventually we will have everyone on our side. We can't make ourselves out to be this incredibly toxic image. Three people sending memes and death threats already ruined the image for a lot of Ashley and Waluigi fans for thousands of others. Let's not put Geno passion in a toxic situation

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I think your points are valid. I even get into the trap of claiming stolen valor/spots. Piranha Plant especially. And I have been picking fights with Sora fans for a while.

However, I can understand how some of us are growing exhausted with waiting. It isn't anything majority of us have done wrong. I think overall we just need to continue being very supportive to everyone in the community and eventually we will have everyone on our side. We can't make ourselves out to be this incredibly toxic image. Three people sending memes and death threats already ruined the image for a lot of Ashley and Waluigi fans for thousands of others. Let's not put Geno passion in a toxic situation
I think that’s exactly why we’re bringing it up though. To avoid looking worse in the grand scheme of things. We’ve seen what the hierarchy does to lots of characters and ideas, and it can make things unapproachable for newcomers to speculation and character discussion, and then turn into toxicity in the event that the expected character is not revealed. It’s easier to have these discussions internally now than to deal with the fallout of salt later on. And it’s really just the hierarchy we’re addrssing and it needs to be addressed across the entire Smash community. This just happens to be a place we frequent and some people seem keen to use this particular line of thinking in the wake of Banjo Kazooie. And that makes it a good moment to touch upon it as well.

But I agree, we should be supportive of one another as Geno fans and most importantly, not toxic about our conversations and discussions. As long as we’re largely respectful (we’re human beings on message boards, so we’ll all slip up sometimes and get too heated, too harsh, or just misunderstand things of course), we’ll continue to be a solid community for Geno in Smash.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I absolutely understand being frustrated, we're all human beings with opinions, principles, tastes, wishes, and pet peeves. But that's exactly why we need to be careful not to go down the slippery slope. We can have outbursts, sure, but we can't justify those outbursts with 'you don't know what I've been through'. Every other fandom around the globe wants the same as we do and they feel as deserving of it as we do. So we need to make sure to adhere to the highest of standards, and set the bar if need be. Otherwise we just become what people think we are.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
It's less cynicism and more reality. Even though I think he isn't in the Fighter's Pass, I'm very positive that we will see him return one day! Whether it's future DLC, Smash 6, a new Mario RPG... something. I have faith that, if Nintendo can bring back Banjo and freaking Kazooie, they can bring back Geno. Never lose hope, y'all! I'm very optimistic about his future!
I would so love a new Super Mario RPG, but my gut says that if Geno does not come back in Smash, he's just flat-out not coming back. Especially given the assassination of Paper Mario, with the reasoning being that they don't want to have more than one Mario RPG. and the Mario & Luigi series is growing blander with each entry, and they're not doing the series any favors with the remakes. it's pretty easy to have a knee-jerk reaction and blame miyamoto, and his alleged hostile attitude toward lore in the Mario World, I don't want to be that guy, but man, hearing the stories about Super Mario Galaxy and Galaxy 2 Is pretty damning.

We already made most character out of nintendo i think so that's only natural to have more third party in smash in my opinion
Hard disagree.
we might have all the most important characters, the faces of the franchises as it were, But to me that should only be considered phase one. especially since it's already been established that relevance is not the determining Factor for including a character. we have so many characters that are pretty highly requested Who had to settle for assist trophies. that's a pretty deep well on its own, and then there's just some big franchises that are still only represented with a handful of characters despite having massive casts. Zelda Donkey Kong and Kirby come to mind. we are a pretty long way from getting the most out of Nintendo. I'm actually somewhat upset that this fighter pass Is looking to be third-party only.
Not that I'm Against third parties mind you I just still think there's a lot of first party characters should be in the game before we declare that the well has run dry.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I want to invite some of the people in this thread to a sports game.

When the home team scores and people all cheer, they can tell everyone to calm down and remind the fans that there is still a chance we could lose.

Those toxic and entitled fans! How dare they feel their team should win!

I personally don’t give a **** how you support Geno. But when you literally tell me how to support my character when I’m doing it in a way that isn’t harming anyone else, I’m going to take issue with that.

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Each DLC character is representative of one of the stars from SMRPG. Geno is the last DLC charcter.

Firox

Smash Master
Oh yeah, this has been discussed at length already. Basically, it doesn't sound very reputable at all. I wouldn't worry about it.
Yeah, it looked incredibly fake to me as well, but after the abysmal box theory came true, I kinda have PTSD when it comes to such horrible predictions.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Alright, so, on today's episode of Overthinking Everything, I'm going to fenagle a new theory for everyone's amusement that I will call "Continuation" theory to possibly predict the last two newcomers.

In Smash Ultimate, the trailers have been very heavily thematic in comparison to Smash 4. The Banjo trailer that we got recently is a prime example. DK, Diddy, and K. Rool were all previous RARE characters and, of course, so was Banjo. Duck Hunt was there because of the very obvious animal duo pairing. When it comes to the character choices in the trailers, it seems to be very deliberate and with purpose. Simon/Richter's had Luigi as Nintendo's go-to character with spooky games. K. Rool obviously had DK and Diddy but King Dedede, the only other major Nintendo character with King inherently in his name, was there too. Ken/Inceniroar's was "fighting" characters with Little Mac from the get-go and then all the characters in the game with boxing gloves (Villager, K. Rool, and Bowser Jr.) as comic relief. Hero had Link, Metaknight, and Marth in prominent roles because, well, swords while Isabelle and Joker's trailers basically focused on the individual characters themselves. This then leads to an interesting observation about the first full character trailer we got, Ridley's...

The main characters in Ridley's trailers are Mario, Megaman, and Samus. The connection between Samus and Ridley is obvious but what about Megaman and Mario? It doesn't help that Mario and Megaman are "killed off" very early in the trailer and the connection between Samus and Ridley is extremely highlighted. This is where the Continuation Theory comes in. We don't exactly know what happens to either of them. Megaman makes the classic death noise but he doesn't explode so he's probably seriously hurt but not necessarily dead. Same could easily be said about Mario. Chances are, they're simply somewhere else in the environment. Why is this significant? It's because we never really get a proper conclusion to Samus and Ridley's fight. Samus is about to dive kick Ridley in the face and then it just sort of fades out. This makes me believe that this story will continue but why? Because it's already happened once before.

The ending to K. Rool's trailer is very vague as well. A big clash of fists, a shock wave, and then we don't really see what happens after that aside from a goofy little skit at the end. At the start of Banjo's trailer, their story continues. I noticed that the endings of Simon/Richter's trailer and Ken/Inceniroar's trailer are kind of vague too. Luigi is about to go into his body when Carmilla appears and we don't see what happens next. Inceniroar gets a line of challengers, utters a sigh of annoyance, but we don't see the end result. There's a decent chance that the story of at least one of these trailers will continue, with my money being on the Ridley trailer being the most likely. Before I go into that, let's imagine the other two.

With Inceniroar's, the end result is that he probably effortlessly beat his three challengers and is looking for someone to give him a real challenge. Who could do this? Keeping with the theme, it would probably be a character from a fighting game. For example, thematically speaking, someone like Heihachi from Tekken would work really well here although that is just one possibility.

With Simon/Richter's, we have Luigi as a ghost/spirit and we're still in the spooky locale of Dracula's castle. This makes me believe that, if this story continues, they would try to have a character that fits this theme. Off the top of my head, two characters fit this theme pretty well: someone from Resident Evil (probably Leon or Jill) or someone from Yokai Watch like "Nate" with Yokai like Pokemon Trailer or someone stand alone like Jibanyan coming to save Luigi.

Now let's go back to Ridley. Like I asked earlier, what's the connection between Mario, Megaman, and Samus? I looked into Smash's past and looked at past presentations:

Bowser Jr's trailer is the only character trailer in Smash 4 where all three characters were together in the cinematic. It's kind of the same premise too, they're fighting a villain but this time they're fighting a Mario villain. Coincidentally, Mario and Megaman get hurt in this trailer too. Beyond that, there's one other time: the Final Smash 4 presentation.

At 15:37, you see "Geno" fighting Zero Suit Samus. At 15:40, you see Samus, "Geno" and Megaman together. At 17:00, you see "Geno" fighting on Ridley's stage, the location that most people agree is most similar to the one in Ridley's trailer. Tin foil hatty but there's a proven historical connection between these characters under this train of thought. Again, the characters for trailers seem to be very deliberate if the characters are given significant screen time. Based on this, these characters were probably put together for a reason but the full reason may not be obvious because we don't have the full story yet. Following this theory, the connection between the characters will be better established when the story continues and a lynch pin that connects these three characters is Geno. Still, this is kind of out there but I wanted to see what people thought of it.
I know I'm late to the party, but I want to bring up a point I didn't see anyone else say about Sakurai remembering when it comes to referencing older material. If you go back and look at Brawl's Little Mac assist trophy page, it shows him measured next to Samus describing how short he is. And who does Sakurai use in Little Mac's reveal trailer poking fun at his size a full game later? That's right. Samus. I could see Geno's reveal trailer being a continuation of Ridley's. And i'd love it.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

When the home team scores and people all cheer, they can tell everyone to calm down and remind the fans that there is still a chance we could lose.

I personally don’t give a **** how you support Geno. But when you literally tell me how to support my character when I’m doing it in a way that isn’t harming anyone else, I’m going to take issue with that.
Sports fandoms are every bit as toxic as Smash fandoms and probably more so if we're being honest. That's a terrible example to bring up as some sort of counter argument to what we're saying. A number of sports fans will downright hate you if you like the wrong team. It's not uncommon for there to be physical confrontations due to differences in fandom and people will lose their absolute **** when their teams lose to a degree I've never seen elsewhere in my life. Burning a couch in the middle of a street because your favorite basketball team lost (or ****, even won in some instances) is a real and ****ty thing to do. People also straight up don't treat a number of athletes like human beings if you look at how much vitriol they'll give someone for doing well on the opposite team or even just using their moment to express some sort of political opinion.

I can get much more into this, because I think American sports culture is awful and inherently built on a great deal of dehumanizing and devaluing players for the sake of an absurdly profitable entertainment industry, but I'll restrain that potentially more political talk for now.

Back to what we were actually discussing though, there's a way to be a supporter and a fan that avoids as much of the toxic bull**** as possible. You are allowed to like or dislike whatever you want and free to discuss those topics, that's absolutely true. But we're also free to call out certain behaviors we identify as more problematic and unhealthy to the community. I generally think of us want a healthy community, certainly as Geno supporters who don't always get that in other venues. Nobody is saying you shouldn't support Geno as a fan or that you shouldn't want Geno to be the next character. But as GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 pointed out, there is a certain line that gets crossed with statements like "should be the next character" that becomes an issue (and again, this applies across all big Smash fandoms, Waluigi, Bandanna Dee, Isaac, etc.). Your behavior in that baseline statement may not be particularly harmful, but it perpetrates an elitist mindset in the grand scheme of things as people then begin to take the hierarchy more seriously. It has always caused problems in the past and will do so again.

We're just trying to move away from that particular behavior while still supporting and discussing Geno. Nobody's asking you to pick between the two options or give up supporting Geno or anything of the sort. There's much more nuance in the point we're trying to make here.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Adding to what EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman said, that's a really poor example. Wait, actually, no, it's a great one! Imagine that happens. You're in a game and people are cheering for a specific player - 'come on, get us to the finals!'. You mention that hey, we might not get to the finals and that's just fine. Yeah, you'd probably get beat up - where I live you might actually be killed for stuff like that.

Is that the culture that you want to emulate?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I know I'm late to the party, but I want to bring up a point I didn't see anyone else say about Sakurai remembering when it comes to referencing older material. If you go back and look at Brawl's Little Mac assist trophy page, it shows him measured next to Samus describing how short he is. And who does Sakurai use in Little Mac's reveal trailer poking fun at his size a full game later? That's right. Samus. I could see Geno's reveal trailer being a continuation of Ridley's. And i'd love it.
That is interesting. So we have at least one time where this particular occurrence happened.

A character (Lil Mac) was displayed with a fighter (Samus).

Then that character got upgraded to fighter and in their reveal they had a guest, who just happened to be displayed by them in the last game when they were just an assist trophy.

This could mean nothing, could mean something, but we cannot say that it (possibly) hasn't happened before. Lil Mac and Samus (kind of) prove that. We just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Geno should be the next character and I'll be mad if he's just a Mii costume again.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Adding to what EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman said, that's a really poor example. Wait, actually, no, it's a great one! Imagine that happens. You're in a game and people are cheering for a specific player - 'come on, get us to the finals!'. You mention that hey, we might not get to the finals and that's just fine. Yeah, you'd probably get beat up - where I live you might actually be killed for stuff like that.

Is that the culture that you want to emulate?
No, you wouldn't probably get beat up for saying that lmao. I'm pretty sure you just dislike sports by that comment. Teams shouldn't exist as well as fanbases for a particular character!!!!

I will say this for the last time because it's not getting through to you. I will not be criticized in the Geno thread for being hyped for Geno, nor should others. You guys spend most of your free time in this thread it seems and almost never have anything positive to say about the character, and that's your prerogative. I also have every right to be hype and expect he should get into the game.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Honestly, no matter which side you're on in the debate, all of this squabbling is definitely part of why people avoid the Geno thread, even actual fans of his.

My suggestion is for everyone to chill the flippin' heck out. As for me, I'm keeping my expectations hugely tempered.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Here's a question that hasn't been asked much. Let's assume for the sake of arguement that the remaining two characters in the Fighter Pass are 3rd party for this line of thought: which female characters do you think would have a chance of joining the battle?

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Here's a question that hasn't been asked much. Let's assume for the sake of arguement that the remaining two characters in the Fighter Pass are 3rd party for this line of thought: which female characters do you think would have a chance of joining the battle?
Reimu from Touhou, to be honest. Or Jill Valentine.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Given the SNK rumors that have been popping up lately, I'm beginning to wonder if Mai Shiranui has a chance. I recall her original outfit from the Fatal Fury days was a little less revealing than her current look. If Bamco got a second rep, they could go for KOS-MOS.

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
Jill Valentine and KOS-MOS

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Kos-Mos, maybe? I haven't played Xenosaga, but Namco-Bandai franchises seem conspicuously absent given that they're helping with the development of Smash Bros. Ultimate, and she's from a franchise that has ties to a Nintendo series. (on top of her being part of the Blade roster in Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom