• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Wow, you guys sure drop these things quickly.

I did an image search for the brawl mod one, and didn't find anything of it.

How do you know this wasnt a recent recreation by someone? (after the leak was posted)
Someone went into PM Legacy and took another photo themselves to back it up. I can do the same if you really need me to.

Saying it's just a coincidence isn't exactly unwarranted, but that doesn't change the fact that it's pretty damning.

Plus, if we firmly believe he's going to be in regardless, doesn't really matter if it's real or not

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Someone went into PM Legacy and took another photo themselves to back it up. I can do the same if you really need me to.

Saying it's just a coincidence isn't exactly unwarranted, but that doesn't change the fact that it's pretty damning.

Plus, if we firmly believe he's going to be in regardless, doesn't really matter if it's real or not
exactly! Geno already had a LOT working in his favor before this leak. so we're all still very confident he is in.

it just kills our dream of having a Sassy Geno. but who knows maybe if we are lucky we can still make a sassy pose with him in his true ultimate form.

actually when ultimate is out and if Geno does get in (which come on it's happening) can we all keep an eye out for a new sassy Geno pose? ;)

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

No yeah it doesnt matter since i think he's pretty likely to be in,

but, it does matter in terms of reasoning. Since, you just said you could go in legacy to make the same picture. So you're relying on the model more than the picture I guess? In that case, does it matter if the proportions of the model are about the same?
For all we know it just so happens that geno would be designed well that way, at least from what we can see torso-up. But also what if a nintendo team wouldve used similar inspiration for it? That said, it different 'enough' to me, and the rope is in a different area, among other things, so you'll have to say what you're looking at that you think is damning for the comparison

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
No yeah it doesnt matter since i think he's pretty likely to be in,

but, it does matter in terms of reasoning. Since, you just said you could go in legacy to make the same picture. So you're relying on the model more than the picture I guess? In that case, who cares if the proportions of the model are about the same?
For all we know it just so happens that geno would be designed well that way, at least from what we can see torso-up. But also what if a nintendo team wouldve used similar inspiration for it? That said, it looks pretty different to me, and the rope is in a different area, among other things, so you'll have to say what you're looking at that you think is damning for the comparison
Photoshop. People have done way more impressive leaks and image edits with it than Geno. Pretty easy to shuffle elements of that pic around and spruce them up.

Even without that, that's a LOT of assumptions you're making without evidence to back it up, where as the Brawl pose is substantial enough to at least be acknowledged.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Photoshop. People have done way more impressive leaks and image edits with it than Geno. Pretty easy to shuffle elements of that pic around and spruce them up.

Even without that, that's a LOT of assumptions you're making without evidence to back it up, where as the Brawl pose is substantial enough to at least be acknowledged.
So you took back the argument to what was already possible before this new info.
People could photoshop anything, so what? It still looks modeled super well as something more highly defined. How can you take it either route? it's either true or it's fake, nothing stops it from being either at this point.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So you took back the argument to what was already possible before this new info.
People could photoshop anything, so what? It still looks modeled super well as something more highly defined. How can you take it either route? it's either true or it's fake, nothing stops it from being either at this point.
A lot stops it from being true. You're just choosing to dance around the evidence at this point.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The backgrounds are the same as well, even the weird blue smudge.

It's Brawl's Delfino Plaza.

I wanted it to be real, too, but it's easier to assume it's not.

Besides, Geno already has enough going for him; he's one of the most-likely imo.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
A lot stops it from being true. You're just choosing to dance around the evidence at this point.
It's silly of you to say that, silly, You havent specified what makes the evidence be evidence, who's dancing around it? ;)
It can be real, since someone can easily recreate the image in the brawl mod, that andor photoshop (which you seem to accept is possible)

The backgrounds are the same as well, even the weird blue smudge.

It's Brawl's Delfino Plaza.

I wanted it to be real, too, but it's easier to assume it's not.

Besides, Geno already has enough going for him; he's one of the most-likely imo.
Yeah of course, if you go into the mod and try to get a pose like the geno leak one, you can then pan around the delifino plane and aim to get a smudge next to geno (or photoshop a small distortion there), it's not really hard to do right? even fenriraga thinks he could make one, the background is simple and long enough to pan and get a good angle.
So, yeah you gotta say what you think is damning and be specific.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It's silly of you to say that, silly, You havent specified what makes the evidence be evidence, who's dancing around it? ;)
It can be real, since someone can easily recreate the image in the brawl mod, that andor photoshop (which you seem to accept is possible)

Yeah of course, if you go into the mod and try to get a pose like the geno leak one, you can then pan around the delifino plane and aim to get a smudge next to geno (or photoshop a small distortion there), it's not really hard to do right? even fenriraga thinks he could make one, the background is simple and long enough to pan and get a good angle.
So, yeah you gotta say what you think is damning and be specific.
I dunno; footage I've found of Brawl Delfino is sorta blurry, but I have noticed the background's water seems to slant up and down a little at the horizon, so that's probably what it is.

I still have this since it's fake and the guy who fooled us is a jerk:
Geno (triggered).png

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I dunno; footage I've found of Brawl Delfino is sorta blurry, but I have noticed the background's water seems to slant up and down a little at the horizon, so that's probably what it is.

I still have this since it's fake and the guy who fooled us is a jerk:
View attachment 170992
Cool. Well if ever someone can be specific about what makes it debunked, I might lean towards saying that the high def one was photoshopped, but for now it doesn't seem to go either way.

And in whatever case I have decently high hopes for geno anyhow :)

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Just wanted to give my quick two cents on this: There are no ways to definitively prove if it's real or fake at the moment. Unless I'm mistaking.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Everyone here is like 'Oh who cares if it got debunked, Geno is still in' and I'm just sitting here like:

"How in the hell can anyone be sure of anything right now based on the idea that there is potentially a huge leak out there that has either Nintendo, Square, or possibly another company they are working with upset AND we got our badass one from the blue puppet boi essentially trashed?"

Seriously, I have nothing but questions right now: Who is it actually upset by the leak? What leak could it be now? How heavy does this impede the chances of not just our Star Warrior but of the many other characters people want? How does this effect Vergeben's statement? Is it Vergeben they are upset about? If it's Square that is upset and it's not Geno, then who the hell could it be? If Nintendo is pissed, what leak lines up with that?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
No, the biggest oof possible would be Geno being shown as a Mii Costume again. Which hasn't happened yet!
That... doesn't actually preclude Geno from being playable. The Miis got to wear things like Link's tunic, Mario's and Luigi's hats, and Meta Knight's mask, after all.

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Everyone here is like 'Oh who cares if it got debunked, Geno is still in' and I'm just sitting here like:

"How in the hell can anyone be sure of anything right now based on the idea that there is potentially a huge leak out there that has either Nintendo, Square, or possibly another company they are working with upset AND we got our badass one from the blue puppet boi essentially trashed?"

Seriously, I have nothing but questions right now: Who is it actually upset by the leak? What leak could it be now? How heavy does this impede the chances of not just our Star Warrior but of the many other characters people want? How does this effect Vergeben's statement? Is it Vergeben they are upset about? If it's Square that is upset and it's not Geno, then who the hell could it be? If Nintendo is pissed, what leak lines up with that?
actually something you said just made me realize something. we have no clue what the leak is. but it is implied that it is Square who is upset by one of the guys later clarifications. couldn't it be quite likely that Square is upset at just the fact that vergeben said "An SE character"? sure it's not naming who it specifically is. but it seems very possible that they would be upset about it even still!

I mean really there are not really any well known leaks out there that would get them upset that we are aware of. but the biggest, most accurate, and most well known leaker is Vergeben. and he has mentioned SE has a character. meaning someone is leaking something. which is enough to upset them. heck it's probably even more annoying that he hasn't said the name because now they can't even track down the department!

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
actually something you said just made me realize something. we have no clue what the leak is. but it is implied that it is Square who is upset by one of the guys later clarifications. couldn't it be quite likely that Square is upset at just the fact that vergeben said "An SE character"? sure it's not naming who it specifically is. but it seems very possible that they would be upset about it even still!

I mean really there are not really any well known leaks out there that would get them upset that we are aware of. but the biggest, most accurate, and most well known leaker is Vergeben. and he has mentioned SE has a character. meaning someone is leaking something. which is enough to upset them. heck it's probably even more annoying that he hasn't said the name because now they can't even track down the department!
Maybe. We really don't have many possibilities. I can't imagine they'd be upset about Vergeben saying 'a SE character'

Assuming it was SE that became upset, what other possible leaks happened that could've made SE upset?
The only thing I can think of is Nomura responding to the Sora for Smash tweet

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Darn, the leak was getting me to believe just maybe it would be possible. But even though he is by far my most wanted, I am very certain Geno is not in and I want to avoid heartbreak so badly for the third time. And I would never ever say this to bring anyone down or be negative. I just want people to avoid disappointment yet again if they can. There is a reason he never makes it and sadly the reasons never seem to change.

But lord do I hope I am wrong.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Darn, the leak was getting me to believe just maybe it would be possible. But even though he is by far my most wanted, I am very certain Geno is not in and I want to avoid heartbreak so badly for the third time. And I would never ever say this to bring anyone down or be negative. I just want people to avoid disappointment yet again if they can. There is a reason he never makes it and sadly the reasons never seem to change.

There's nothing wrong with disappointment, especially compared to doubting things you'd like (as possibilities or w/e), if you can accept different outcomes.
He may be in, or maybe not. Why not just enjoy the thrill of the possibility, rather than tear yourself down about it?

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Maybe. We really don't have many possibilities. I can't imagine they'd be upset about Vergeben saying 'a SE character'

Assuming it was SE that became upset, what other possible leaks happened that could've made SE upset?
The only thing I can think of is Nomura responding to the Sora for Smash tweet
we have established already many times Sora is completely owned by disney and not square. So don't think that is it. and maybe if it was an unknown name saying a SE character. but when it's the guy that has actually leaked several things already saying an SE character is in smash, that would cause a stir. they are probably freaking out trying to plug that hole before he can get the real character.

I think there is plenty of reason for them to be stirred up by it even still.

Edit: also that tweet doesn't seem like the kind of slip up I see someone under NDA making. like maybe saying something that's wording accidently hints towards something. but something yelling "YES!! he's in!" would be an absurd way to slip up unless your stupid or are trying to leak it. that tweet more tells me that the guy is saying he really likes the idea of Sora in smash but that it's not happening.

actually hasn't there been evidence we have found in the past that deconfirmed Sora? like the dude who let slip that there have been no talks with Disney about smash. when we know there would have to be for him to get in.

Last edited:

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
Despite all that has occurred in the past three days, I'm still optimistic on the idea of Geno being playable.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Disappointment is a part of life, but you shouldn’t let it get you down. Always best to keep expectations low and have a little faith. :)

This makes the most sense. The fact that Geno is a third party character is just Squaresoft being goblins and doing nothing with and refusing to give what is fundamentally a Mario character. Geno is as much of a Mario character as any of the partners that appear in the Paper Mario series, or any original characters that appear in those series of that matter.
I don't see why we could be given a unique icon - this discussion only ever came up during the music theory because everyone was afraid that the music theory technically deconfirmed Geno but now that theory is completely baseless so????????
Well, if Square is actually being run by Goblins, you know who to call.

Elves call him Orcbolg, Dwarves call him Beard Cutter, but everyone knows him as GOBLIN SLAYER!

9E863EB1-436B-4AEB-8FB5-5EF57A90C518.jpeg

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
So, since the Geno leak was pretty much debunked, and the Sora tweet doesn't seem to be a realistic proof of him getting in... We're at the starting point again.

But like Mr. Gentlemen said, SE could still be upset about Vergeben leaking the fact that there will be a SE rep. SE getting a 2nd character is already a big info, it's like if Vergeben said we were getting a new SEGA rep, everyone would scream "SHADOW IS IN!" or something like that, and would ruin the surprise.

Anyway, I'm sure we will get a Smash direct sooner than we think, like late october or at the start of november, so they could make the commercials and publicity for the game.

But seriously, we're not only getting Ken and Incineroar (I love Incineroar, no offense to those characters) we're getting a fan-favorite unique newcomer(Geno,Isaac,Banjo-Kazooie,ect...), and one/two more echos with them in my opinion. I hope Dixie and Ninten make the cut, so we have the full DKC SNES and Mother cast of main characters.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yep the leak may be one none of us knew about since it may be private

Oh and I took another look

Yea hes gonna lose credit point I think he switched to Nintendo's feathers are ruffled

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Yep the leak may be one none of us knew about since it may be private

Oh and I took another look

Yea hes gonna lose credit point I think he switched to Nintendo's feathers are ruffled
A private leak isn't really a leak, though... it only counts if it actually, y'know, gets known by the public.

Klimax

Smash Ace
The leak is dead, how sad...
But anyway, it doesn't change anything, Geno is in the game, there's too many things going for him !

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The leak is dead, how sad...
But anyway, it doesn't change anything, Geno is in the game, there's too many things going for him !
Not shoe in level though remember that.

I mean remember the King K. Rool incident in smash 4 (even though we were right based on the interview on how K. Rool got in.)

Klimax

Smash Ace
As a King K Rool diehard fan, i agree. But, at the end of the day, we just knew one thing about K Rool for Smash 4, we knew that he was really popular. We had no hint, no clue, no ballot, we had nothing, we just had his popularity and the fact that he was the main DK villain.

For Geno, we have a ton of facts: Sakurai loves him, he's really popular, he probably did great during the ballot, Nintendo finally acknowledged Super Mario RPG this year, someone working for Nintendo said that they talked about Geno (+ it was around when the roster was made), Vergeben talking about a SE rep.

Maybe saying "he's in the game" is too much, but in my opinion, we're closer to 99% than 75%. :)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
we have established already many times Sora is completely owned by disney and not square.
I'll just write this once because I don't feel like going under yet another legal explanation for Sora when making research take 5min but:
-Sora is LEGALLY as in paperwork owned by Disney
-HOWEVER Square-Enix are the one to manage his appearance as THEY ARE the one who created the Characters
-NOMURA is the one who gives the okay for every appearance of Sora

Thus explaining why you don't see Disney whoring the Kingdom Hearts Characters.
Sure there a line of toys 100% Disney without any mention of Square-Enix, but they still needed Square's greenlight and management to do it.

On another news, let's be real, this doesn't hurt Geno's chance at all. Sure the leak being fake is sad, but in the end Geno's chance are still in an all time high!
And the leak just showed us how great Geno could look like if Nintendo did their best!

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
As a King K Rool diehard fan, i agree. But, at the end of the day, we just knew one thing about K Rool for Smash 4, we knew that he was really popular. We had no hint, no clue, no ballot, we had nothing, we just had his popularity and the fact that he was the main DK villain.

For Geno, we have a ton of facts: Sakurai loves him, he's really popular, he probably did great during the ballot, Nintendo finally acknowledged Super Mario RPG this year, someone working for Nintendo said that they talked about Geno (+ it was around when the roster was made), Vergeben talking about a SE rep.

Maybe saying "he's in the game" is too much, but in my opinion, we're closer to 99% than 75%. :)
I know too much is going for geno to not be involved of some sort

I’m just reminding just because a lot going for a character doesn’t necessary mean they are going to make it

But really I will be shocked if geno is not playabale as base nor dlc

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226

Ok I am interested from what you said:

"Someone working for Nintendo said that they talked about Geno (+ it was around when the roster was made)"

Where do you found this? Is there any source?

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace

It's a well known picture made by somebody who's working for Nintendo. It was posted, then removed from her blog and she said that they talked about Geno. Many people talked about this picture here, I'm pretty sure that someone even has it as his profile picture.
Sadly, I don't remember the artist's blog but I'm sure that someone can confirm what I'm saying.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

It's a well known picture made by somebody who's working for Nintendo. It was posted, then removed from her blog and she said that they talked about Geno. Many people talked about this picture here, I'm pretty sure that someone even has it as his profile picture.
Sadly, I don't remember the artist's blog but I'm sure that someone can confirm what I'm saying.
Yep I remember that it was a good sign

domriver

Smash Lord
So its fake. Not a surprise - It was a nice model. This doesn't really affect his possible inclusion in the game. With Sakurai statements etc.. Im reading a possible direct in mid Nov? My gut tells ms the direct is going to be in October at some point. Because Nov comes around as i said leaks will be rampant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom