• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, and I can SO see that happening with Geno too.

"Geno is just an irrelevant side character from a 20 year old game!"

Then after his reveal trailer:

"Geno's the coolest! About time, he deserves it so much."

Ah, some things never change... I wonder if that kinda stuff happened way back when too.

"Sonic hasn't been good for years and Snake will be the only third party character, give up!"

"Sonic rocks! I've wanted him since the first game."
No, speaking as an elder, Sonic and Megaman have pretty much been the only two third party characters that were unanimously wanted before their addition. Supposedly Brawl's original plan didn't even include Sonic but, due to sheer demand, he was kind of a rush job after E3 2007. Everyone else was barely wanted and/or super controversial. Slightly off topic but this is yet another reason why I think Crash is a lock because Crash is basically the first third party character in 7 years that most people agree with and aren't at each other throats about.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
All this time we’ve speculated, and prepare ourselves for whenever the next direct happens, I have to wonder....what if geno is the next character reveal? After the dust settles, we’re all celebrating...then what?

Ever since brawl I’ve been hoping for a multitude of characters to get in, with geno being number one, but definitely not the only one. The thing is though....literally all the others I could ever want got in. Megaman? 4. Ryu? 4. Ice climbers return? Ultimate. Inkling? Ultimate. Simon belmont? Ultimate. Little mac? 4. K.rool, and Ridley? Ultimate. BANJO-FREAKING-KAZOOIE?!? Ultimate.

While many of these characters I don’t even play since I really didn’t get comfortable with their play-styles(and even actively detest playing against), I wanted them in be in because I felt they deserved it for multiple reasons. Whether it was because I personally just liked the design/lore of the character, the gameplay of their games, felt they made a big enough impact on gaming as icons that they deserve it, i wanted all those characters in....and got them.

Which brings me back to geno....he’s quite literally the only character left I truly seriously “want” for smash. There’s others I’d be happy to see in, such as Shantae, isaac, and waluigi, but none of these characters are ones that I actively sat down eagerly awaiting an announcement for. They’re not ones i spend weeks counting down when the next batch of smash info drops to see if they got in.

What I’m kinda getting at is....I’ve been doing this for so long, not quite sure what I’d do next if geno got revealed... it would feel kinda bittersweet. I finally get the characters I’ve literally been waiting over a decade for all in one game, but now that ritualistic pass time of counting down the days, speculating on reveal trailers, moveset, etc., would be over for me. I wouldn’t be there eagerly tuning in for smash announcements, I’d probably not even notice a patch would be releasing until the day of, I would no longer be speculating about movesets, trailers, etc. I’d just be like “oh a new smash direct? Eh...”
What happens after Geno gets revealed? That's easy.

Play him.

Enjoy him in the game. Enjoy the music, enjoy his character model, enjoy his stage, enjoy his gameplay, enjoy the internet meltdown when the feast of the crow begins; enjoy all of it.

Me? I will do all those things, but then I'll continue hoping for other characters, such as Dante (and Waluigi).

link2702

Smash Champion
What happens after Geno gets revealed? That's easy.

Play him.

Enjoy him in the game. Enjoy the music, enjoy his character model, enjoy his stage, enjoy his gameplay, enjoy the internet meltdown when the feast of the crow begins; enjoy all of it.

Me? I will do all those things, but then I'll continue hoping for other characters, such as Dante (and Waluigi).
Well yeah I mean obviously he’s gonna instantly replace ganon as my main, and I’ll be enjoying everything smrpg related that comes with him.

But....I’m just not sure I’ll ever be so excited or eager for new smash directs and announcements anymore after he’s finally in. Sure I’ll be playing my favorite character like mad, and he’ll be the only one i invest truly serious time in learning every possible trick and tactic I can as him. But him getting in will essentially close the book on my smash speculation hobby. Just not quite sure how to feel about that.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You know, sometimes it's hard to imagine we live in a post Ridley/K. Rool/Banjo & Kazooie in Smash world as still seeing those characters everyday now after almost waiting for them for 21 or or 18 or 17 years depending on which Smash you started with seems so surreal even now.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
I'm sure there were people like that during the pre-Melee or pre-Brawl days. That behavior in the community will never change.
It's honestly hilarious how far some people will go to not be wrong. They'll "forget" things or revise the hell out things. They'll do all kinds of mental gymnastics to justify how they were right all along. Reminds me of something a certain Jedi once said:

"So, you see, what I told you was true...from a certain point of view."

You know, sometimes it's hard to imagine we live in a post Ridley/K. Rool/Banjo & Kazooie in Smash world as still seeing those characters everyday now after almost waiting for them for 21 or or 18 or 17 years depending on which Smash you started with seems so surreal even now.
So true. Sometimes you just have to sit back and marvel at how awesome it is to have Mario, Link, Pikachu, Sonic, Snake, Megaman, Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo Kazooie, Simon Belmont, Cloud Fecking Strife and many more in the same game. Smash is truly a god among cross overs.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's honestly hilarious how far some people will go to not be wrong. They'll "forget" things or revise the hell out things. They'll do all kinds of mental gymnastics to justify how they were right all along. Reminds me of something a certain Jedi once said:

"So, you see, what I told you was true...from a certain point of view."
Palpatine: Jedi scum! You see Anakin, the Jedi are taking over through their lies.

Samuel L Jackson/Mace Windu: Now that is a ************* lie grand chancellor.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
No, speaking as an elder, Sonic and Megaman have pretty much been the only two third party characters that were unanimously wanted before their addition. Supposedly Brawl's original plan didn't even include Sonic but, due to sheer demand, he was kind of a rush job after E3 2007. Everyone else was barely wanted and/or super controversial. Slightly off topic but this is yet another reason why I think Crash is a lock because Crash is basically the first third party character in 7 years that most people agree with and aren't at each other throats about.
Hmm, I was only using Sonic as an example but that's interesting to know either way. I knew Sonic and Megaman were very highly demanded, but they never had much of an opposition to them? That's unheard of to me. And also pretty amazing! Given how much even someone like Banjo got **** before their inclusion these days, especially.

Makes me want Crash to be in the game even more, since he does fit the same mold as those two like you said. A Smash newcomer announcement that hopefully doesn't split the fanbase in half? Sign me right up!

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well yeah I mean obviously he’s gonna instantly replace ganon as my main, and I’ll be enjoying everything smrpg related that comes with him.

But....I’m just not sure I’ll ever be so excited or eager for new smash directs and announcements anymore after he’s finally in. Sure I’ll be playing my favorite character like mad, and he’ll be the only one i invest truly serious time in learning every possible trick and tactic I can as him. But him getting in will essentially close the book on my smash speculation hobby. Just not quite sure how to feel about that.
That's basically where I'm at too but... I'm okay with that. I'm 32 and been at this for technically 18 years so I'm kind of alright with "retiring" after Ultimate. If this game really is Sakurai's final tribute to Iwata, I feel like that's appropriate. Yes, there's some characters I technically still want like Takamaru but Geno's basically the last "big" character I really care about. Most of my most wanted like Wario and King Dedede got in with Brawl, to be honest. Megaman, Ridley, and Geno were the three big ones that missed the boat and convinced me to stay. Since then, I've gotten characters that I long gave up on like Villager, the Koopalings, Simon, K. Rool, and Banjo so in weird ways my patience and bizarre tenacity has been rewarded.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know this is waaaay off topic but...the mental gymnastics has always happened with certain groups of people.

You see this all the time with the fanatics of a certain current president. Unable to accept when they were wrong and/or he lied to them, they spin everything he’s ever said but didn’t(or common sense would tell you he legally couldn’t) do, in such a way to try and make it sound like they were right “ok he couldn’t “technically” make Mexico pay for it, and he has to use military funds that are basically our tax dollars being used, but Mexico will still “pay” for it, cuz after its all done those terrible brown skin people can’t just jump over here and send their family money or “steal our jobs”(that no one here would honestly want to do anyway since the pay is so bad it’s basically slave labor), and so Mexico’s economy will crumble!”
This really isn't the place to bring up politics in any shape or form and that's coming from someone that really isn't on one or the other on the political spectrum.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
This really isn't the place to bring up politics in any shape or form and that's coming from someone that really isn't on one or the other on the political spectrum.
Changed it. You’re right. Been stressed out lately from everything going on. Might want to edit my quote out if you can so things don’t derail more. I needed to vent that out for awhile now and it just happened to end up here.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
"You guys don't understand, I was actually a huge Geno fan! I was just super pessimistic about him so I wasted countless hours ****ting on him and his fans."

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
I know this is waaaay off topic but...the mental gymnastics has always happened with certain groups of people.

You see this all the time with the fanatics of a REDACTED
I get what you're saying, but you have to understand that the topic you're dipping into has a hella ton of layers to it from both sides of the issue. Way more layers than we could (or should) get into within the context of this thread. Suffice to say that fanatics of ANY persuasion are annoying because they can't be reasoned with. They refuse to accept truths they don't like, thus making it near impossible to have a civil and rational argument about pretty much anything. Luckily, modern technology can at least allow us to hang such people with the same media they use to voice their ill-conceived notions. Oh, you say Geno is worthless and will never get in the game? Fair enough, but you better own it because a screen shot is going to call you out in 1-6 months when Geno gets in and you start spewing that you "knew all along".

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
"You guys don't understand, I was actually a huge Geno fan! I was just super pessimistic about so I wasted countless hours ****ting on him and his fans."
"Too late. you were an Geno detractor before. Once a Geno detractor, always a Geno detractor. period. Sayonara." *pulls out gun and shoots*

Sorry, I just had to do that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

then root for other characters with other people

Firox

Smash Master
"Too late. you were an Geno detractor before. Once a Geno detractor, always a Geno detractor. period. Sayonara." *pulls out gun and shoots*

Sorry, I just had to do that.
"Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean, that really got out of hand fast."

"Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident."

"I’ve been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you’re probably wanted for murder."

(+10 points for anyone that can name the movie this quote came from)

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I remember back in September for a "fun" Geno reveal that consigned with the SNES Online release. I am re-thinking that trailer idea with the rumored SNES games dump with a General direct. At some point they talk about new games on the SNES, controllers again, etc. with Mario RPG shown or not. BUT, at the end of the direct, we get a trailer that starts with the SNES Online home screen. It scrolls and selects Mario RPG (Or it is a "present icon" that gets selected.) The screen goes black for a moment ... and then one of the Forest Maze section scrolls on and the music starts playing.

In the center of the map is one of those scrolls used (For example, the hints for the Pirate Ship) Geno comes from the bottom left entrance, walks up to the scroll and the blue text that pops up says "Picked up 'Smash Invitation." Geno does his patented pose and runs out the the exit. However the rest goes ... just FREAKIN GENO BABY.

Sigh, man can dream.

"Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident."

"I’ve been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you’re probably wanted for murder."

"A Man With A Boat's Brakes."

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

Anchorman, gimmie my points.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hmm, I was only using Sonic as an example but that's interesting to know either way. I knew Sonic and Megaman were very highly demanded, but they never had much of an opposition to them? That's unheard of to me. And also pretty amazing! Given how much even someone like Banjo got **** before their inclusion these days, especially.

Makes me want Crash to be in the game even more, since he does fit the same mold as those two like you said. A Smash newcomer announcement that hopefully doesn't split the fanbase in half? Sign me right up!
Remember how people were about Mewtwo for Smash 4? That's basically how people were for Sonic for Brawl. The only people that were totally against Sonic were the Nintendo purists and most of them packed up camp when Snake got added. Kind of a summary of each character in the Smash fanbase before they got added:

Megaman: Again, one of the only third party characters ever that most people agreed on.

Pac-Man: Super controversial because most people hated the Ghostly Adventures version and thought he would be boring.

Ryu: Controversial. Iconic but "too realistic and boring."

Cloud: Was so disregarded that he was literally a meme in the Smash fanbase before he was added.

Bayo: Popular but super controversial. Thought to be "too mature, too sexy, etc."

Simon: Acknowledged as iconic but regularly stomped by Bomberman in fan polls. Once Snake was cut, most people just kind of assumed that Konami was never going to happen again.

Richter: No explanation needed.

Ken: See above.

You all basically know the rest.

MattX20

Smash Hero
A Geno reveal that happens after or is tied to the Super Nintendo online stuff is actually rather appropriate should Super Mario RPG be among the SNES dump

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I completely agree. I don't think Crash or Geno are guaranteed by any means, BUT they are the 2 characters that would be the biggest *facepalms* to NOT include at this point. Smash Ultimate has damn near every other gaming icon, except for Crash Bandicoot (the original Sony mascot) and Master Chief (the one and only Xbox mascot). However, Master Chief seems like even more of a pipe dream than Banjo did.

Love him or hate him Geno seems to be the hardcore smash fan favorite pick while Crash Bandicoot is up there as well while casuals love him too! They just fit. If they don't give us Crash they messed up and if they don't even give us GENO?!.... Then that'll be lame as ****. I can't imagine Nintendo NOT giving us at least one of these 2. Geno and Crash belong in this game.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Was thinking things over and I think I stumbled on yet another reason why Season 2 is probably the last of the DLC:

https://supersmashbros.fandom.com/wiki/Newcomer

If you look at Smash history, the number of newcomers with each game is basically incremental.

Smash 64: 12
Melee: 14
Brawl: 18
Smash 4: 21
Ultimate: Currently 17

If we add 6-7, we get 23-24. This seems intentional. Again, if you entertain "Road to 100", Season 2 being the end makes sense too. There's also the fact that Sakurai's been getting really sentimental in his latest interviews. There's definitely a sense of finality about it.

Before Iwata basically "tricked" Sakurai into doing Brawl, Nintendo's plan for Smash was to port Melee to the Wii, give it online, and maybe add some more characters and I honestly think that this will be the approach with Smash for awhile after Ultimate. So much work has been put into this game that it's going to be extremely difficult to top. Like Sakurai has said in the past, if he stays involved in Smash, he wants it to evolve and isn't interested in just adding more characters so I can also see Sakurai bowing out of the lead after this game unless Smash gets a hard reboot.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
No, speaking as an elder, Sonic and Megaman have pretty much been the only two third parter y characters that were unanimously wanted before their addition. Supposedly Brawl's original plan didn't even include Sonic but, due to sheer demand, he was kind of a rush job after E3 2007. Everyone else was barely wanted and/or super controversial. Slightly off topic but this is yet another reason why I think Crash is a lock because Crash is basically the first third party character in 7 years that most people agree with and aren't at each other throats about.
Yeah, I remember when Sakurai said three 3rd parties at most, every single roster thread had Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man. I thought the second Brawl delay was for sure to add Mega Man to the game, and I was legitimately shocked he wasn't in

I also distinctly remember everyone collectively agreeing that Geno doesn't really count as 3rd party based on Sakurai's journals

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
And the official proof of them delaying the direct is?
We don't have proof. It's just something that's been speculated because of how many insiders seem to have been hinting at news coming soon since around Christmas and nothing's happened yet while we're also simultaneously getting a bunch more rumors and leaks lately. What I'm saying is that if that was the case, the way Byleth's reveal was handled could be a point in favor of that being, indeed, what happened.

Firox

Smash Master
Anchorman, gimmie my points.
Well done. Here ya go, as promised....

(10 Awesome points have been added to the account of Lord Woomy)

Man, didn't expect anyone to recognize it so fast. Now I'm out 10 Awesome points.....good thing I have so many to spare...;)

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Even Sonic and Mega Man had their detractors.

Everyone against Sonic cited that they hated Sonic and that his games were trash, (Brawl was released during the "Dark Age" of Sonic). Hilariously this was referenced in Brawl in Snake's codec call. He just didn't like him.

Everyone against Mega Man said he would be nothing more than a Samus clone. Yes, this was an actual point made in actual arguments.

Granted, their detractors weren't very smart about it, but they existed. Amazing how quickly they disappeared after the characters got in, yes?

It happens everytime and will still happen until Smash is finished.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I feel like we still see people of this same caliber of intelligence in the detractor camp to this day.
Quite sad, isn't it? A shame, too. I was hoping much more people in the human race would be smarter than this, and not judge a book by its cover, like thinking Mega Man would be a Samus clone possibly by just looking at the blue bomber.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Was thinking things over and I think I stumbled on yet another reason why Season 2 is probably the last of the DLC:

If you look at Smash history, the number of newcomers with each game is basically incremental.

If we add 6-7, we get 23-24. This seems intentional. Again, if you entertain "Road to 100", Season 2 being the end makes sense too. There's also the fact that Sakurai's been getting really sentimental in his latest interviews. There's definitely a sense of finality about it.

Before Iwata basically "tricked" Sakurai into doing Brawl, Nintendo's plan for Smash was to port Melee to the Wii, give it online, and maybe add some more characters and I honestly think that this will be the approach with Smash for awhile after Ultimate. So much work has been put into this game that it's going to be extremely difficult to top. Like Sakurai has said in the past, if he stays involved in Smash, he wants it to evolve and isn't interested in just adding more characters so I can also see Sakurai bowing out of the lead after this game unless Smash gets a hard reboot.
I have officially broken my glasses and I wait on new ones.

Random fact about my life out of the way, here is what makes me think Season 2 could be the end.

Sakurai's words in the last interview about how he didn't get to see Iwata before he passed because of working himself to the bone on Smash 4 DLC. In this interview, he says that he already believes that Smash Ultimate met that goal he set for himself to honor Iwata, which was to make Smash Ultimate a huge success.

I have to agree. I think just base game Ultimate was a massive success, but the fact that he feels like he accomplished his goal already makes me feel like perhaps his drive to continue after this season may be heavily wavering. After all, DLC seems like more of a corporate Nintendo thing and a passionate Sakurai thing.

Firox

Smash Master

This makes sense, but given the sheer amount of time and effort it takes to develop the DLC, I imagine Sakurai will just be ready to rest after FP2. If we get more, then it'll definitely be the work of corporate Nintendo. Not to say that I wouldn't be stoked AF to get more, but I'm really not expecting anything after the next 6, MAYBE 7 characters.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I have officially broken my glasses and I wait on new ones.

Random fact about my life out of the way, here is what makes me think Season 2 could be the end.

Sakurai's words in the last interview about how he didn't get to see Iwata before he passed because of working himself to the bone on Smash 4 DLC. In this interview, he says that he already believes that Smash Ultimate met that goal he set for himself to honor Iwata, which was to make Smash Ultimate a huge success.

I have to agree. I think just base game Ultimate was a massive success, but the fact that he feels like he accomplished his goal already makes me feel like perhaps his drive to continue after this season may be heavily wavering. After all, DLC seems like more of a corporate Nintendo thing and a passionate Sakurai thing.
There's also the fact that most of the additions would have honestly made sense in Brawl. 10 of the current 17 would have made sense if they had been Brawl newcomers and it's yet another thing to add to the pile as to why I think these last 6-7 characters are all going to be homeruns and meaningful to the Smash fanbase. Of the 7 newcomers who couldn't be in Brawl, you can technically swap most of them out with other characters with little difficulty. For example:

:ultisabelle: for :ultvillager:
:ultken: for :ultmegaman:
:ultincineroar: for :ultmewtwo:
:ultchrom: for :ultroy:

Basically just leaves :ultinkling:, :ultjoker:, and *insert Byleth here* with no immediately obvious substitutes, largely because, coincidentally, these three are also the "youngest" in the current cast.

Add in: I'm an idiot... Yes you can, especially if being recent is the criteria: :ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:.

Last edited:

Shadow__Myth

Smash Cadet
This makes sense, but given the sheer amount of time and effort it takes to develop the DLC, I imagine Sakurai will just be ready to rest after FP2. If we get more, then it'll definitely be the work of corporate Nintendo. Not to say that I wouldn't be stoked AF to get more, but I'm really not expecting anything after the next 6, MAYBE 7 characters.
I think it's safe to assume FP2 will be the end of Ultimate's DLC. Given the finished-by date, the last character from FP2 will release around late 2021, which means Ultimate will have been supported for nearly 3 years. That's a very long time for a game to receive support. Sure it's possible Sakurai will keep wanting to improve Ultimate's record, but I'd bet money on FP2 being the end.

volbound1700

Smash Master
If I had to point out the most hype characters from to me from Smash History (keep in mind that although Melee was the first Smash game I owned, it was already out so the first two games are not included in this list)

1. Sonic the Hedgehog - Amazing add. It was my favorite trailer and addition. I dug up the old Brawl thread the other day to read it. I was even hyped about the Smash 4 trailer too.
2. Megaman - As people pointed out, I thought he would sneak into Brawl and was disappointed. Great addition.
3. Pacman - Iconic and amazing, what can you say
4. Simon Belmont - Not just Simon but the entire August reveal and King K Rool was amazing!
5. Everyone was here - Hypetastic for Smash 5. I was unsure about getting a Switch and Smash until that trailer and reveal.
6. Banjo-Kazooie - What made him even better was the fact that most of the reveals after the August direct had been disappointing to me. I was also hyped about Hero as well.
7. Captain Olimar Brawl - Harder to be hyped about many of the Brawl characters due to no trailers but there was a lot of great first-party adds to Brawl. Wario, King Dedede, Metaknight, etc. I also liked most of the Smash 4 additions. Only disappointing Smash 4 add to me was Bayonetta and Corrin. Even they were not frustrating like some of the DLC Ultimate adds lately.

D

Deleted member

I think it's safe to assume FP2 will be the end of Ultimate's DLC. Given the finished-by date, the last character from FP2 will release around late 2021, which means Ultimate will have been supported for nearly 3 years. That's a very long time for a game to receive support. Sure it's possible Sakurai will keep wanting to improve Ultimate's record, but I'd bet money on FP2 being the end.
6 more chances left... this is it boys or it’s GG.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Remember how people were about Mewtwo for Smash 4? That's basically how people were for Sonic for Brawl. The only people that were totally against Sonic were the Nintendo purists and most of them packed up camp when Snake got added. Kind of a summary of each character in the Smash fanbase before they got added:

Megaman: Again, one of the only third party characters ever that most people agreed on.

Pac-Man: Super controversial because most people hated the Ghostly Adventures version and thought he would be boring.

Ryu: Controversial. Iconic but "too realistic and boring."

Cloud: Was so disregarded that he was literally a meme in the Smash fanbase before he was added.

Bayo: Popular but super controversial. Thought to be "too mature, too sexy, etc."

Simon: Acknowledged as iconic but regularly stomped by Bomberman in fan polls. Once Snake was cut, most people just kind of assumed that Konami was never going to happen again.

Richter: No explanation needed.

Ken: See above.

You all basically know the rest.
You just reminded me of how long I've been at it. I remember being on the brawl boards for gamefaqs back in the day and it being one of the first time I really got into the internet culture of anything.

I really have been at this for what feels like too long. Also funny how I've seen so many people start movements or end them, people do all kinds of great and terrible things over this game.

I'll probably retire myself after Geno. The only other character I want that badly is wonder red, (also just to give his game the love it deserves imo) Geno looks to be getting into ultimate, and W101 looks like it doesn't even need the smash booster shot.

It's kinda poetic to drop it when Sakurai did if that's the case. I can't imagine anyone else giving smash the magic he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom