• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Home sweet home... It's going to be hilarious if my ****posting about a Tuesday announcement winds up coming true. Can't go into all the details but certain "people" were acting weird the same day as Jon started Otterposting and the "coming soon" disappeared from 5 on the site. Coincidences can be a riot if they wind up lining up. If not, well... Only about two weeks until the VGAs then and a little more than a week until Ultimate's first anniversary. Possible fun times ahead either way.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Home sweet home... It's going to be hilarious if my ****posting about a Tuesday announcement winds up coming true. Can't go into all the details but certain "people" were acting weird the same day as Jon started Otterposting and the "coming soon" disappeared from 5 on the site. Coincidences can be a riot if they wind up lining up. If not, well... Only about two weeks until the VGAs then and a little more than a week until Ultimate's first anniversary. Possible fun times ahead either way.
So people starting acting weird with the otterposting and there was something about a "coming soon" right? ...guys i think Furret´s in.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
The thing that upsets me about Papa Geno's discord is that Papa Geno seems like such a genuine and nice guy and he deserves to have a civil server. Obviously that's wishful thinking for any server, but its saddening because idk if PapaG realizes how toxic some of the regular posters are there or how hard some of his mods power-trip. That's just my observation of it though, granted I've only been there for a coupla months.

Fatman's ban wasn't just imo. A warning would have been more adequate, and I'm sure Fatman's used to getting those by now. ;)
Y'know I'm not in Papa's server but every single person I've ever talked to about it has told me that this is straight up one of the most toxic places on earth. Sucks because I really like him and his content.

I came to appreciate Reimu after the Reimu stuff from a while back motivated me to look into her. Didn't know that there was some sort of divide between the two fanbases, as I don't recall seeing anything like that on the Reimu Smashboards thread. I just don't understand what those Reimu fans would have against Geno specifically, as the two characters are rather separated.
Doesn't really have anything to do with Reimu. Geno gets a lot of unreasonable hate from all kinds of Smash fans. That's just a side effect if you're a popular request. *shrugs*

Ugh, I can only imagine how bitter it gets...

It's sad, too. A lot of Geno fans I've seen actually really like Reimu and Touhou. I'm sure there are some Geno fans who are terrible to Reimu's, though.

I kinda just wish we could get along and not drip so much venom over what video game characters we like/want to see in Smash.
Time to bury the hatchet by digging out crossover art from 10 years ago! :drflip:
alice_margatroid_and_geno_super_mario_rpg_and_etc__930f225075b8591aefcc6859265ffb6c.jpg

Droodle

Smash Lord
If I could just throw my 2 cents in here, I think we’ve been putting too much stock in character 5 being a “fit” for the game awards. I would estimate a 0% chance that Sakurai was considering how much hype the character would generate at an American awards show when he picked them. And like you said, it’s Smash so there’s gonna be hype whoever it is.
Pretty much my thoughts here, I doubt Sakurai/Nintendo creates the DLC characters based around events like E3 and Game Awards in mind. They probably do care if a character is recognizable only for the first DLC revealed. Joker so far was the perfect fit for a first character revelation.

- Persona 5 / Joker is probably the most popular character/game revealed as Smash Ultimate DLC so far, ON AN INTERNATIONAL SCALE.
- DQ is pretty niche outside of Japan, so Hero wouldn't be a good FP 1 character.
- Banjo is only popular among the Smash fanbase, so he wouldn't have as far-reaching impact as Joker.
- Terry is not that well known.

So that made Joker the perfect first DLC character, as he would sell a ton of passes and really open up the speculation scene.

Smash also traditionally starts with the big characters first, and ends with the small "niche" or unrequested characters last. With this information I think it's safe to assume that FP 5 will probably be "nicher" than Joker in a world-wide sense, as they would have opened the pass with them instead if they would earn more money.

That said, I don't think that FP 5 will be revealed at the Game Awards. I think that we'll get FP 5 in a Smash Mini-Direct on December 7th (or sooner) complete with a trailer and everything, and our DLC pack 2 character will be revealed at The Game Awards, and will be a Joker-level reveal in order to "sell" the pass.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I want to have a cool-headed discussion about this since Zero's video is very calm and all about discussion.

I think he makes a lot of good points, but it's the one near the end of the video that falls in line PERFECTLY with what I have been saying for years, which is that other gamers and the FGC don't accept Smash as a fighting game because of the Smash community.

In this video Zero talks about this and shows a clip from a video titled "The Disconnect Between Smash Brothers and the FGC" and there is this segment where some Smash player who looks totally out of his element shows up at the commentator table and doesn't even know who Alex Valle is...the man who's nickname is Mr. Street Fighter at a setting called Wednesday Night Fights that has been popular in the FGC for going around nine years. The kid didn't even know why he was there other than he was told they need a commentator and when Papa Valle asks him if he knows anything about Street Fighter, the kid responds with that he knows Ryu is in the game.

This lines up perfectly with my description about the Smash community in response to Terry Bogard. As a fighting game fan myself, I've played a bunch of them. I understand terms and I know the names of popular players and generally when events are held and I admire iconic moments in the FGC history and I recognize most character from most fighting games. Just being an honest fan of fighting games makes you an FGC community member for the most part. You'll notice that professional players often give other fighting games a try to compete in them: for example, Chris G was the Morrigan king in UMvC3, but he's tried his hands at KoF, DragonBall FighterZ and others. But you know what you don't see? Big name FGC players moving over to play Smash. Even more importantly, you know what else you don't see? Smash professionals playing other fighting games.

These two groups absolutely do not mesh, and there are a number of reasons as to why, but to be fair I'll start with the FGC's side. The reason you don't see players like Diago, Chris G, Fenrich, Go1, Justin Wong, SonixFox, HookGangGod or any other big time FGC professionals hit up Smash is because they all play what I like to call traditional fighting games. Smash is so far removed from that ON PURPOSE by Sakurai because of his KoF experience with that couple that he absolutely bodied. Smash still IS a fighting game, but not in the traditional sense, and it takes a lot of effort to get it as close as it can be to that experience and even then it's still very foreign. I mean, I have to knock you off the stage instead of getting your health to zero? There are multiple levels to a stage? I have to recover back to the stage?! What is this crazy stuff?

On the other end, the Smash community knows ONLY Smash, to the point where they know little about the FGC or other games at all. They don't branch out and it's almost like the entire Smash community is a bunch of hermits who know nothing about the outside world of fighting games and it causes issues and struggles between the communities. For example, as someone who's played fighting games since I was in single digits of age, seeing Sakurai go over motions like that with Terry was nothing new to me at all, yet I see all these Smash players failing at doing simple Fireball and Shoryu motions and it makes my head hurt, nevermind the more complex inputs for his Super Special Moves. Anyone who struggles with these would faint at some of the inputs in other fighting games, like 360s, 720s, double half-circle back to quarter-circle forward and both punches and my personal struggle, doing proper neutral motions in Tekken where you let the directional pad/stick return to neutral for just the right amount of time before inputting the next part of the command. Add in stuff like that with Sakurai clearing talking to that kind of Smash fan who doesn't get anything about traditional fighting games meaning he knows much of Smash's fanbase appeals to that kind of audience and now you see why these fan bases cannot get along.

Then you got me, who loves both Smash and other fighting games (I'm hooked on SamSho rn) and who watches tournaments and loses his mind like an ape at the plays some players make and unless the game itself is boring to watch (hello MK11!) I'm down with it. I love watching high-level Smash play and I respect those players of that caliber like I do anyone else, but hot damn if the rest of the community doesn't have this giant dividing disconnect.
Yeah the disconnect between traditional fighting games and Smash especially in the community is a big part of what's holding Smash back from being welcomed into the FGC community. As that video showed some Smash played didn't even know who Alex Valle is and he's a legend within the Street Fighter/FGC community. The disconnect between the two is quite a large divide and when it's a divide in something as tight-knit as the FGC community it's quite an awkward and tough situation.

Then there's the gameplay which is another thing disconnecting the two as most fighting games have a similar design philosophy in a sense (most having command inputs, a health bar and all that kind of stuff) then there's Smash which barely has any of that and only really has command inputs for three of it's characters let alone mentioning all the other design differences like knocking a character off of the stage (Smash) and having a health meter (most other fighting games).

All that said and done though there's a disconnect between the community and there's gameplay differences I would argue that Smash is a platform-fighting game while other fighting games are traditional-fighting games as in recent years from my point of view FGC community members have started playing Smash more like SonicFox trying out Smash 4 late in it's game-cycle, Go1 streaming Smash a few weeks back and Leffen playing Smash and other games like DBFZ so that issue seems to be getting better. Hopefully the FGC and Smash community can settle their differences someday.

As for the gameplay differences yeah I got nothing there are some clear differences in gameplay but I think it can be played both as a fighting game and a "party" game which is why I personally consider it a platform-fighting game.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight

So I want to have a cool-headed discussion about this since Zero's video is very calm and all about discussion.

I think he makes a lot of good points, but it's the one near the end of the video that falls in line PERFECTLY with what I have been saying for years, which is that other gamers and the FGC don't accept Smash as a fighting game because of the Smash community.

In this video Zero talks about this and shows a clip from a video titled "The Disconnect Between Smash Brothers and the FGC" and there is this segment where some Smash player who looks totally out of his element shows up at the commentator table and doesn't even know who Alex Valle is...the man who's nickname is Mr. Street Fighter at a setting called Wednesday Night Fights that has been popular in the FGC for going around nine years. The kid didn't even know why he was there other than he was told they need a commentator and when Papa Valle asks him if he knows anything about Street Fighter, the kid responds with that he knows Ryu is in the game.

This lines up perfectly with my description about the Smash community in response to Terry Bogard. As a fighting game fan myself, I've played a bunch of them. I understand terms and I know the names of popular players and generally when events are held and I admire iconic moments in the FGC history and I recognize most character from most fighting games. Just being an honest fan of fighting games makes you an FGC community member for the most part. You'll notice that professional players often give other fighting games a try to compete in them: for example, Chris G was the Morrigan king in UMvC3, but he's tried his hands at KoF, DragonBall FighterZ and others. But you know what you don't see? Big name FGC players moving over to play Smash. Even more importantly, you know what else you don't see? Smash professionals playing other fighting games.

These two groups absolutely do not mesh, and there are a number of reasons as to why, but to be fair I'll start with the FGC's side. The reason you don't see players like Diago, Chris G, Fenrich, Go1, Justin Wong, SonixFox, HookGangGod or any other big time FGC professionals hit up Smash is because they all play what I like to call traditional fighting games. Smash is so far removed from that ON PURPOSE by Sakurai because of his KoF experience with that couple that he absolutely bodied. Smash still IS a fighting game, but not in the traditional sense, and it takes a lot of effort to get it as close as it can be to that experience and even then it's still very foreign. I mean, I have to knock you off the stage instead of getting your health to zero? There are multiple levels to a stage? I have to recover back to the stage?! What is this crazy stuff?

On the other end, the Smash community knows ONLY Smash, to the point where they know little about the FGC or other games at all. They don't branch out and it's almost like the entire Smash community is a bunch of hermits who know nothing about the outside world of fighting games and it causes issues and struggles between the communities. For example, as someone who's played fighting games since I was in single digits of age, seeing Sakurai go over motions like that with Terry was nothing new to me at all, yet I see all these Smash players failing at doing simple Fireball and Shoryu motions and it makes my head hurt, nevermind the more complex inputs for his Super Special Moves. Anyone who struggles with these would faint at some of the inputs in other fighting games, like 360s, 720s, double half-circle back to quarter-circle forward and both punches and my personal struggle, doing proper neutral motions in Tekken where you let the directional pad/stick return to neutral for just the right amount of time before inputting the next part of the command. Add in stuff like that with Sakurai clearing talking to that kind of Smash fan who doesn't get anything about traditional fighting games meaning he knows much of Smash's fanbase appeals to that kind of audience and now you see why these fan bases cannot get along.

Then you got me, who loves both Smash and other fighting games (I'm hooked on SamSho rn) and who watches tournaments and loses his mind like an ape at the plays some players make and unless the game itself is boring to watch (hello MK11!) I'm down with it. I love watching high-level Smash play and I respect those players of that caliber like I do anyone else, but hot damn if the rest of the community doesn't have this giant dividing disconnect.
I recently came to terms with Sakurai referring to Smash as an action game series, and not a fighting game series. I've always referred to Smash as a Fighting/Platformer for as long as I've understood the genres (and I've heard and used the term Brawler for a period after Brawl came out), but according to Sakurai, the term "fighting game" doesn't properly convey everything in the game. Understanding his personal history in fighting games, it becomes easier to understand why not even he considers it a fighting game...even though the main objective of the game is fighting.

A "fighting game", or what we would call a traditional fighting game, typically operates by a very specific set of rules established by Capcom and SNK a long time ago. Even then, the original fighting games were those side-scrolling beat-em-ups and the fighting games we have now sort of usurped the title of fighting games, and relegated the term "beat-em-up" to the old style. Back to the point, Sakurai came from a background of traditional fighting games, and thus his understanding of what made a fighting game a fighting game led him to the point that Smash really isn't by true definition (if going by what makes traditional fighting games traditional) a fighting game of the genre. There's plenty of games where fighting is the exclusive goal and method of play, but they're not defined as "fighting games."

And going beyond that, fighting games don't have the mechanics that Smash Bros has. While fighting games are more mechanically challenging than Smash, they are also are more rigid and less lenient in how to play the game, and also force the players to play in very specific ways. Smash can only be considered a fighting game when played in a competitive setting, which was designed to resemble a traditional fighter as much as possible.

Smash has items, multiple stage mechanics, the most free-form aerial mechanics this side of UMvC3 or any ArcSys game, custom stage making, custom fighter making (to a degree), the end credits are arcade shooter-style mini games, and when you boil Smash down to it's core gameplay design: it's one big game of king of the hill where the rounds are measured in stocks (the smash-exclusive term for lives), with leftover damage remnant between rounds from games like Killer Instinct or Vampire Savior. Smash is such a huge mishmash of many different things that it is both more of a fighting game and also less of a fighting game than any other style of fighter. If anything, Smash sort of defies genres, where the only true fitting ones are action and platformer because those are among the three most broad gaming genres (with the last being adventure).

So, technically no, Smash isn't a fighting game. It's more than just that. Fighting game is only one of its many aspects, and limiting it to that regard doesn't do the game proper justice. Those other traditional fighting games? All they have is fighting. That's the only thing they can do. But that's merely one of the many options Smash has, and it acts more as the central point of everything else the game has. It's the central gimmick that other gameplay styles revolve around, but that isn't the game's sole descriptor.

Edit: Grammar

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Might be like the evo situation where nothing happened and the otterposting was just otterposting, but it'd certainly be nice to get an announcement!

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Tuesday announcement as in, a full blown announcement of the 5th character or an announcement for an announcement AKA Smash Direct.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I WAS really suspicious about that Otterposting...
Well, you heard the man. Batten down the hatches, brace for impact.
ALL ABOARD!

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I just checked it too. The "coming soon" disappeared. God, I'm going to be impatient soon once again.

T2by4

Smash Lord
I doubt we'll get any smash news. Maybe a nintendo direct or a small direct, but it won't have Smash. My guess is that the direct would hint to watch the VGA's for more Smash news. I feel like more Smash right after getting Terry would be too soon. But I mean they could just drop a trailer for Geno too as a bonus outside of the pass, I mean I'm just saying *wink wink* *nudge nudge* to any ninteninjas lurking this thread.

Edit: where was this "coming soon" thing at?

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
yeah having both the coming soon disappear right as Jon otterposts on it's own is really suspicious. We might actually be seeing 2 reveals this year like fatman hypothesized earlier this week.

I don't like where this leaves geno though. The chance of him being 1.5 is astronomical and to be the choice for TGA is probably more so. So if this plays out how we think it will geno is probably coming as fighter 2.2 at the earliest. I still think he's coming but possibly not as early as I had hoped : /

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord

Yo a real one ForsakenM ForsakenM . Preach it brother. It's unfortunate but true that a lot of Smash players are knowledgeable of traditional fighting games (and their franchises) as well as their personalities (like Alex Valle, Daigo Umehara, Justin Wong, Nuckledu, GO1, Kbrad, Eli Joe, ChrisG, Tokido, and the list goes on). Not only that, but within their ignorance at times they even have the gall to insult said franchises with remarks such as "nobody cares about that character", or "that franchise is niche, or not popular". Like... HELLO?!?!?! I truly wish they would take a little of their time and enlighten themselves with watching latest, and past clips of notable fighting game tournaments, and appreciate the effort and passion those pro-players put into those games.

On the topic of players from one side experimenting with games on the other; I recalled that one brave lad from the Smash community has ventured into participating on traditional fighting game tournaments recently. That lad is none other than Big Leff; TSM Leffen. Here's a clip of him going up against one of the top players in DragonBall Fighter Z during CEO 2018.

If more Smash players broadened their opportunities with participating in such events of other fighting games, then the FGC community might come around.

NANI?!?!?! NANDATOOOO?!?!?! :eek: Fatman, my GUY! What do you mean?!?! :2gud:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Traditional fighters and platform fighters are very different beasts. It makes perfect sense why fans of one stay away from the other as the whole point of smash was to break out of all the standard conventions placed on traditional for a unique (and imo superior) game design. Same reason why the melee crowd split off from us too. People just don't like having their fancy input tech they spend thousands of hours developing taken away or simplified for the masses.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
About Smash players not typically broadening their horizons: Spending quite some time in the Rate Their Chances thread has made me realize that. There are quite a few people there that are not familiar with a lot of third party characters, even more so than obscure Nintendo characters. Not the same situation, but it does lend credibility to the theory that Smash players tend to not play a lot of other games. Funny enough, I kind of have the opposite problem. I've been a PlayStation player a lot longer and my history with Nintendo games is not high at all. I've yet to beat a Mario game, and I'm not the biggest fan of their franchises like Metroid, Donkey Kong, and especially Zelda. I've played them all, but not extensively. Admittedly, I mostly play Smash for the novelty of the idea and I get much more excited when a third-party character gets announced because there is a good chance I've had a good amount of personal experience with them.

Not saying you have to be a Nintendo fan to necessarily enjoy Smash, but at least it has encouraged me to play more Nintendo games.

Edit: And I'm not saying that most Smash players haven't played any other games. I'm sure a good portion of the community has experienced a decent amount of other games.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Yo a real one ForsakenM ForsakenM . Preach it brother. It's unfortunate but true that a lot of Smash players are knowledgeable of traditional fighting games (and their franchises) as well as their personalities (like Alex Valle, Daigo Umehara, Justin Wong, Nuckledu, GO1, Kbrad, Eli Joe, ChrisG, Tokido, and the list goes on). Not only that, but within their ignorance at times they even have the gall to insult said franchises with remarks such as "nobody cares about that character", or "that franchise is niche, or not popular". Like... HELLO?!?!?! I truly wish they would take a little of their time and enlighten themselves with watching latest, and past clips of notable fighting game tournaments, and appreciate the effort and passion those pro-players put into those games.

On the topic of players from one side experimenting with games on the other; I recalled that one brave lad from the Smash community has ventured into participating on traditional fighting game tournaments recently. That lad is none other than Big Leff; TSM Leffen. Here's a clip of him going up against one of the top players in DragonBall Fighter Z during CEO 2018.

Huh, I missed that match, that's strange. I think that was before Cooler's release...wow, that was before Base Goku and Base Vegeta's release too! Leffen didn't do too bad but I find it unclear on whether Go1 was going 100% there. Could have been an off day, but regardless this is something that needs to happen more.

EDIT: I hadn't finished it yet, hold up Leffen went in!

About Smash players not typically broadening their horizons: Spending quite some time in the Rate Their Chances thread has made me realize that. There are quite a few people there that are not familiar with a lot of third party characters, even more so than obscure Nintendo characters. Not the same situation, but it does lend credibility to the theory that Smash players tend to not play a lot of other games. Funny enough, I kind of have the opposite problem. I've been a PlayStation player a lot longer and my history with Nintendo games is not high at all. I've yet to beat a Mario game, and I'm not the biggest fan of their franchises like Metroid, Donkey Kong, and especially Zelda. I've played them all, but not extensively. Admittedly, I mostly play Smash for the novelty of the idea and I get much more excited when a third-party character gets announced because there is a good chance I've had a good amount of personal experience with them.

Not saying you have to be a Nintendo fan to necessarily enjoy Smash, but at least it has encouraged me to play more Nintendo games.
I'm in a weird position where I grew up a Nintendo kid but as I got older I moved more towards Playstation. A lot of my favorite games on on PS2 but I still love Nintendo and their design philosophy. I basically went from Nintendo exclusively to Playstation to PC gaming when Flash games were hot and Nexon was getting big and then I've been a big blend of everything since then. Now it's more about the game than the platform when it comes to me taste, and so far Nintendo has been crushing it and everyone else has been doing alright to big oof.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
With #5 possibly being announced soon I’m gonna call Doomguy as #6 at the VGAs, and Geno later around spring

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
With speculation a bit slow aside from Fatman’s comment, I suppose I’ll hop on the trend that OffBi OffBi started and post my nine most wanted as well.
A6B52EA2-B250-49EB-89B8-ECC7EF5E6E52.jpeg

E52CE427-8B36-42CA-B1AB-B5BA1290575C.jpeg
Akira Howard(Astral Chain)

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
With speculation a bit slow aside from Fatman’s comment, I suppose I’ll hop on the trend that OffBi OffBi started and post my nine most wanted as well.
View attachment 247951

View attachment 247952Akira Howard(Astral Chain)
I gotta say, Porky might be the only Smash character I’ve ever actively wanted not for the sake of playing as them, but for the sake of beating them up. (Duck Hunt is close but honestly I don’t think I ever thought of them before they were announced so it doesn’t count)

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
All this talk about Smash/Nintendo fans not expanding their gaming horizons much makes me feel a little bad because it hits close to home for me. That's not to say I don't play games outside of the Nintendo bubble though (heck my first console was a PS2 and I also have a PS3 with a lot of games), it's just that I have a huge attachment to their franchises and thus have more to talk about them than others.

View attachment 247951

View attachment 247952Akira Howard(Astral Chain)
MY DUDE, I absolutely love your choices

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Saying "fighting games have to have a certain set of rules" is really gatekeep-y nonsense as far as I'm concerned. I like the idea that a game in a certain genre can bend the established formula of the genre and still be recognized as such. If not Smash, then another IP that comes down the line :yoshi:

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
On the plus side, if Doom Slayer is announced, how good does that make Geno's chances? With recent leaks basically unifying Geno and Doomguy, like the Cacodemon & Mallow leak (has this even been deconfirmed yet?) it could mean we have 2x the potential confirmation chances.

i.e: if Geno is announced, Doomguy is likely. If Doomguy is announced, Geno is likely.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
My ten most wanted:

1. Steven Craftwood
2. Genoli Ravioli
3. Skull Kiddo
4. Midna-ight
5. The Greatest Chubster, King Porky Minch
6. Gengar Ghostar
7. King BOO!
8. Separate ALF from Olimario and actually represent their personalities
9. Toady Mushroomboy
10. Chibi-Roboto

Some others: Ninten-do, Sansational & Pa-pie-rus, Frisked/Character, Raymoo, Doomdude, Conqer, and unrealistically, CheeseHead BrownPants and Pops-your-eye.

Last edited:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
On the plus side, if Doom Slayer is announced, how good does that make Geno's chances? With recent leaks basically unifying Geno and Doomguy, like the Cacodemon & Mallow leak (has this even been deconfirmed yet?) it could mean we have 2x the potential confirmation chances.

i.e: if Geno is announced, Doomguy is likely. If Doomguy is announced, Geno is likely.

The leak has not been debunked yet but the costumes are not for number 5. As for the doom geno thing it would depend if those costumes get shown during there showcase. For example if doom get shown and we see the same cacodeamon from the leak then geno is likely to happen.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I just got this mockup from a friend of mine on a group chat. Whoever made this has better Photoshopping skills than me, and the way they formatted his name for his fighter spirit gives a good idea of how Nintendo would do it if, I mean, when he ends up as DLC in my opinion (maybe renaming his original Spirit to "Geno (Super Mario RPG)" or something along those lines too). What do you guys think?

geno fighter spirit.png

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I lack the ability to make a snazzy grid image but my top 9 right now are
1. Bomberman
2. Ray 01
3. Geno
4. Doomguy
5. Isaac
6. Waluigi
7. Master Chief
8. Rex & Pyra/Mythra
9. Byleth

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Hmm, my top 10 and what 10 fighters I would add if given the chance would differ because that's not how game development works. But the characters I would be jazzed to see join the most would probably be somthing like

1. Geno
2. Isaac
3. Waluigi
4. Skull kid
5. Ray mk ll
6. Grovile
7.Dark matter
8.Chrono
9.Blue mage
10.Magikarp

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So we're posting a 3x3 grid of our most wanted characters? I can work with that...

These aren't my only most wanted characters, but they're all certainly up there.

D

Deleted member

I don't even have a top 10 lmao I just have 4 characters I really want atm:

1) Geno
2) Reimu
3) Isaac
4) Rex/Pyra

that's pretty much it mostly because I haven't really played a whole lot of games.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Hmm I guess I'll list my wanted characters too, for the hell of it. Truth be told though, there's only 6 characters I truly want and I already listed them in my signature:

1. Waluigi
2. Bandana Dee
3. Geno
4. Skull Kid
5. Midna
6. Bomberman

After that, there's only characters I want significantly less, mostly I just support other fan favorites like Isaac or Shadow. But if I had to pick 4 to make a full top 10:

7. Paper Mario
8. Dixie Kong/Funky Kong
9. Dr Eggman
10. Crash Bandicoot

I could easily swap these last ones in and out between themselves or others, though

not even gonna bother with a grid right now because I'm too lazy lmao

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Doomguy on his own doesn't really mean anything for Geno's chances per se. What would matter more is what costumes he comes with. If the Cacodemon hat is there, Geno is in. If it isn't, then nothing really changes aside from the CacoMallow post being proved false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom