• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I know. I saw. I meant the part where the poster said "our NoA guy" with that image. If still real, though, I am not sure why I should trust that guy. I mean, they just announced more DLC is coming last month, and it is likely early in development. What could the so called "ambassador" know about that at this time? I mean, the same could be said for VRplant, but it is not like VRplant couldn't get the information before this ambassador in that regard, right?
VRplant only gets to see stuff a day before they get shown, not way before that, by his methods. Our NoA source, as you can tell, works for NoA, which means he gets info obviously differently than the VRplant source. By the stuff he has leaked (banjo, link's awakening, etc) and at the times he did, it's already proven he can know this stuff at a certain distance in time, this isn't the first time he has given us stuff after all. Hero was the worst kept secret and someone like Vergeben, if i recall correctly, got that info insanely long before it finally got revealed, very likely in early development by then even, hence why Vergeben couldn't just tell which Square rep or if Luminary or Erdrick, hence why he blindly went for Erdrick instead based on what other sources of his kept telling him. So if someone like Vergeben heard about something that long ago, nothing takes away the chances of an actual direct NoA employee knowing stuff either. Must be noted tho, that just because he said no Crash, it doesn't mean he isn't coming later, most likely it just means he isn't the next one for as far as his reach on information is at the moment. If anything, he is just stating that clearly Crash is not the next one.
An interesting update is, and that I must say, Sabi got told by Papagenos just recently who the crash leaker is, and it's someone we know for a while now who is even banned from Sabi's server for quite a while too, it's a young (less than 20 years old i believe) guy who used to even want freaking popeye for Smash (i would say he was memeing but he was serious about it everytime he brought it up to be honest… more times that i can even remember now) and he used to fake leaks before as it is. Make of that what you will…
edit: typos

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
An interesting update is, and that I must say, Sabi got told by Papagenos just recently who the crash leaker is, and it's someone we know for a while now who is even banned from Sabi's server for quite a while too, it's a young (less than 20 years old i believe) guy who used to even want freaking popeye for Smash (i would say he was memeing but he was serious about it everytime he brought it up to be honest… more times that i can even remember now) and he used to fake leaks before as it is. Make of that what you will…
So is the TLDR good or bad news for us?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So is the TLDR good or bad news for us?
The chances for Geno were never affected negatively whether this leak was real or not, we still believe he has a chance and he is one of the most requested characters out there yet. If the mii costumes part is fake, it doesn't lower his chances, if it's real, then that's just extra good points for us.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
The chances for Geno were never affected negatively whether this leak was real or not, we still believe he has a chance and he is one of the most requested characters out there yet. If the mii costumes part is fake, it doesn't lower his chances, if it's real, then that's just extra good points for us.
VRplant only gets to see stuff a day before they get shown, not way before that, by his methods. Our NoA source, as you can tell, works for NoA, which means he gets info obviously differently than the VRplant source. By the stuff he has leaked (banjo, link's awakening, etc) and at the times he did, it's already proven he can know this stuff at a certain distance in time, this isn't the first time he has given us stuff after all. Hero was the worst kept secret and someone like Vergeben, if i recall correctly, got that info insanely long before it finally got revealed, very likely in early development by then even, hence why Vergeben couldn't just tell which Square rep or if Luminary or Erdrick, hence why he blindly went for Erdrick instead based on what other sources of his kept telling him. So if someone like Vergeben heard about something that long ago, nothing takes away the chances of an actual direct NoA employee knowing stuff either. Must be noted tho, that just because he said no Crash, it doesn't mean he isn't coming later, most likely it just means he isn't the next one for as far as his reach on information is at the moment. If anything, he is just stating that clearly Crash is not the next one.
That’s too bad about the Crash guy being someone you all see as questionable, but at some level he has to have some sort of contact with a person that does have legit information. Even if he’s faked things before he did still get Banjo, Luminary, and the mii costumed way ahead of everyone else. So it’s hard to really discount him even if he’s wrong about Crash being FP5.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
That’s too bad about the Crash guy being someone you all see as questionable, but at some level he has to have some sort of contact with a person that does have legit information. Even if he’s faked things before he did still get Banjo, Luminary, and the mii costumed way ahead of everyone else. So it’s hard to really discount him even if he’s wrong about Crash being FP5.
Very true plus papa said he is a really credible leaker who he talks to frequently. I feel like this guy differently is credible. Also even if crash is not happening the mii leak is not effected. Not saying its 100 percent but there is reason to believe it.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Wow, I was saying that something like this was possible. VINDICATION!!!! Maybe.

Anyways, all leaks are wrong. Fifth Fighter is Eggman Nega.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
If he’s some kind of troll, how did he guess Luminary, Banjo, Protoman, Zero, and ESPECIALLY Goemon and the Rocket Grunt?

Like, seriously, i’m not saying I don’t believe Sabi in here, but either this guy made like 5 lucky guesses in a row (all on top of eachother) or somewhere along the lines of this “troll” there is real information being passed around.

That or none of this is actually legit and Papa faked the leak for clout. I tend to trust him though, so I hope that’s not the case.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
So Sun and Moon new episode was livestreamed. Nice episode. But I have some concern about that. Is it just me or are the anime producers being awfully secretive? Like not in the sense they won't give us details; we know who is Gou, who is Kohaku, the professor, and now Team Rocket in this episode. What I mean by that is that so far they have showed absolutely no anime clips of the new anime (No, not just those info dumps, I mean anime clips or small parts). Usually they would announce it 5 or 6 episodes before the end of a generation.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
So Sun and Moon new episode was livestreamed. Nice episode. But I have some concern about that. Is it just me or are the anime producers being awfully secretive? Like not in the sense they won't give us details; we know who is Gou, who is Kohaku, the professor, and now Team Rocket in this episode. What I mean by that is that so far they have showed absolutely no anime clips of the new anime (No, not just those info dumps, I mean anime clips or small parts). Usually they would announce it 5 or 6 episodes before the end of a generation.
Must mean that Geno is in

D

Deleted member

Well, with this new info on the Crash leaker, it just makes me more curious: Papagenos made it sound like the info came from IGN, so does that make him different from costume leaker?

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
That's what I was saying! The mii costume list and Crash Bandicoot aren't connected at all!

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well, with this new info on the Crash leaker, it just makes me more curious: Papagenos made it sound like the info came from IGN, so does that make him different from costume leaker?
That is my understanding. Even in the video papa has said the information about Banjo, Luminary and the Mii Costumes came from the IGN guy...who is now saying Crash. Hopefully something gets cleared up soon ish.

Dan

Smash Lord
Do you guys wanna know how insane I am? I could smell Mario RPG's guidebook by just looking at the artwork.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
My pessimism is kicking in, thinking that the next insider info won't clear this whole thing up but instead make it MORE confusing, like saying Ryu was misread and its really Lara because reasons.

Honestly, I am done with building hype from the Smash developers, drawing things out to get max shock from fans, leaving hints or being coy, going radio silent months at a time.

Just spell it out: is Geno in or not and how. Finding out at a Nintendo event with fancy CGI trailers or from Sakurai writing 'Geno is playable' on a KFC napkin won't change my hype. All that matters is that he's in.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Just dropping in to ask you guys what you think of Isaac's chances for the post fighters pass next year? I am still supporting Geno strongly as he is my #1 and my ballot vote, but Isaac is my close 2nd and with Golden Sunday coming up next week, Its just something I was curious about. Are his chances looking good to you geno bros or do you think he is a done deal as an AT?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Just dropping in to ask you guys what you think of Isaac's chances for the post fighters pass next year? I am still supporting Geno strongly as he is my #1 and my ballot vote, but Isaac is my close 2nd and with Golden Sunday coming up next week, Its just something I was curious about. Are his chances looking good to you geno bros or do you think he is a done deal as an AT?
I hate to have to say it, but I'm not gonna sugarcoat it: I think Isaac is done for unless Golden Sun gets a revival, and even then, it wouldn't be for Ultimate. Maybe a re-release of Ultimate/Smash 6 on the Switch's successor many years from now, maybe then he'd have a chance, but in my eyes, assists are done until further notice. :(

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Hey y'all, so I just thought I'd link you this:

https://twitter.com/ReimuForSmash/status/1185736030558867456?s=09

So apparently some things have been lining up for Reimu to get into Smash? PapaGenos liked the Tweet, so who knows... here is the evidence compiled:

https://twitter.com/ReimuForSmash/status/1185922690365964288?s=09

Personally, I don't really know Reimu or Touhou Project. However, as I've said before, I'm so content with the roster that I'm happy for people to get any character they've wanted (aside from characters not from video games). What do you guys think about this?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Hey y'all, so I just thought I'd link you this:

https://twitter.com/ReimuForSmash/status/1185736030558867456?s=09

So apparently some things have been lining up for Reimu to get into Smash? PapaGenos liked the Tweet, so who knows... here is the evidence compiled:

https://twitter.com/ReimuForSmash/status/1185922690365964288?s=09

Personally, I don't really know Reimu or Touhou Project. However, as I've said before, I'm so content with the roster that I'm happy for people to get any character they've wanted (aside from characters not from video games). What do you guys think about this?
I'm chill with Reimu, but with that said, I have to call fake on this one. The highest amount of songs we got with a DLC character was, like... what, between 10-11 songs? The songs here are about ~23. That is a LOT of music to drop with a character, an amount I'd personally deem unrealistic until something happens to break the pattern. We've never gone beyond 10-11 new songs, so for that amount to suddenly double is baffling.

Considering some of the music choices for some DLC characters, too (no Life Will Change for Joker, MIDIs for Hero), as well as music even in the base game (lol Cloud), Reimu coming with 23 songs would just be a breeding ground for backlash. I wouldn't say that'd lessen the chances of this being real (even though the song amount makes me call fake), but it does spell out bad news if it ended up happening. I can already imagine the complaints that'd start rolling in...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
On the last paragraph, why am I not trusting the Crash leaker all of a sudden?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm chill with Reimu, but with that said, I have to call fake on this one. The highest amount of songs we got with a DLC character was, like... what, between 10-11 songs? The songs here are about ~23. That is a LOT of music to drop with a character, an amount I'd personally deem unrealistic until something happens to break the pattern. We've never gone beyond 10-11 new songs, so for that amount to suddenly double is baffling.

Considering some of the music choices for some DLC characters, too (no Life Will Change for Joker, MIDIs for Hero), as well as music even in the base game (lol Cloud), Reimu coming with 23 songs would just be a breeding ground for backlash. I wouldn't say that'd lessen the chances of this being real (even though the song amount makes me call fake), but it does spell out bad news if it ended up happening. I can already imagine the complaints that'd start rolling in...
I hear Touhou music is pretty big though. Like, really big. Wanting to highlight that this way could be possible, and I don't think there is a limit on this sort of thing. I know it was base game, but Castlevania was absolutely decked out with songs despite being a new series.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Good point Ovaltine Ovaltine
Though, and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Touhou Project more easily accessible to use? I thought I heard on a Source Gaming discussion with PapaGenos that Touhou Project is in the public domain or something? (I don't remember exactly, so sorry if I hot something wrong. I just remember the point that it was more open to public use or something.) So couldn't Smash then hypothetically get songs and content from Touhou Project easier?

Idk. As I said, I don't really know Reimu or Touhou Project, I just wanted to keep you all in the loop since I saw PapaGenos like the initial Tweet.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I hear Touhou music is pretty big though. Like, really big. Wanting to highlight that this way could be possible, and I don't think there is a limit on this sort of thing. I know it was base game, but Castlevania was absolutely decked out with songs despite being a new series.
I dunno. Even with Touhou and its music being a big deal, it just seems excessive. With 10-14 songs, I would have been willing to give it more leeway, but 23+? Nah. I wouldn't mind being proven wrong about my gut feeling on that, don't get me wrong — I have no problem at all with Reimu making it to Smash, and she'd make a lot of people happy — but my gut is saying 'no' on the music alone. Not that I don't approve of the amount (like hey, that's a lot of music, that's cool), but it just... It just screams fake.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I dunno. Even with Touhou and its music being a big deal, it just seems excessive. With 10-14 songs, I would have been willing to give it more leeway, but 23+? Nah. I wouldn't mind being proven wrong about my gut feeling on that, don't get me wrong — I have no problem at all with Reimu making it to Smash, and she'd make a lot of people happy — but my gut is saying 'no' on the music alone. Not that I don't approve of the amount (like hey, that's a lot of music, that's cool), but it just... It just screams fake.
There is also the fact that, from what I have read, ZUN pretty much allows anyone to use the songs in fangames(some of which they have monatized) as long as he is credited. It is not difficult at all to use Touhou songs.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
There is also the fact that, from what I have read, ZUN pretty much allows anyone to use the songs in fangames(some of which they have monatized) as long as he is credited. It is not difficult at all to use Touhou songs.
Interesting. It is possible then, even though I'm still insanely skeptical. I'd say it's worth keeping an eye on.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Reimu and Sora are the only two (video game) characters that make me stop reading any fake leak immediately

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Interesting. It is possible then, even though I'm still insanely skeptical. I'd say it's worth keeping an eye on.
Yeah, apperantly ZUN has really pushed people to make fangames for Touhou, so he has made the process rather easy. I may be wrong on some facts(Not a Touhou fan, just briefly reading about things), but that is certainly a general fact.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If he’s some kind of troll, how did he guess Luminary, Banjo, Protoman, Zero, and ESPECIALLY Goemon and the Rocket Grunt?

Like, seriously, i’m not saying I don’t believe Sabi in here, but either this guy made like 5 lucky guesses in a row (all on top of eachother) or somewhere along the lines of this “troll” there is real information being passed around.

That or none of this is actually legit and Papa faked the leak for clout. I tend to trust him though, so I hope that’s not the case.
That is a good question im gonna try to ask around (i just woke up lol) maybe he leeched that info out of the actual leakers that knew stuff or something, i have no idea myself. All i know is that when we heard the name of the guy we instantly laughed but i will see if i can hear more.... since thats conversation that most likely happened between sabi and papagenos only last night.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Okay, if Reimu is actually getting into Smash Bros then I think Sakurai should put a western character in as well, like Doomguy or Scorpion. I know Touhou is big in Japan, but it's only big in Japan. I only know about Touhou becausenof fan art. I know Sakurai only likes to put Japanese game developed characters in Smash, but he should consider being fair here. Many characters have world-wide appeal, but if you're going to put a character that only appeals in the east then you should put a character that only appeals the west so both sides are satisfied and can learn about each other.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
That is a good question im gonna try to ask around (i just woke up lol) maybe he leeched that info out of the actual leakers that knew stuff or something, i have no idea myself. All i know is that when we heard the name of the guy we instantly laughed but i will see if i can hear more.... since thats conversation that most likely happened between sabi and papagenos only last night.
Could have leeched it off the 3 other people PapaG confirmed this list with. You guys probably already knew to ask, but just in case.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Do i want him? Yesyesyesyesyesyes

Do i expect him..? Not at all. Sadly.

The only way I can see him getting in is if Waluigi is promoted and they still have more fighters to reveal.

Fingers crossed, but I don’t see it happening

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Isaac’s actually my #1, but my hope is slipping a bit. I think if we get a pass of assist characters he’s practically confirmed, and if we get first parties he might have a decent shot. If we only get some assists seperately, him might be second or third in line (Waluigi and Bomberman). Here’s hoping he makes it though

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Okay, if Reimu is actually getting into Smash Bros then I think Sakurai should put a western character in as well, like Doomguy or Scorpion. I know Touhou is big in Japan, but it's only big in Japan. I only know about Touhou becausenof fan art. I know Sakurai only likes to put Japanese game developed characters in Smash, but he should consider being fair here. Many characters have world-wide appeal, but if you're going to put a character that only appeals in the east then you should put a character that only appeals the west so both sides are satisfied and can learn about each other.
For once I can agree on something you said and think you're being pretty reasonable feeling that way.

Reimu and Sora are the only two (video game) characters that make me stop reading any fake leak immediately
Why is that? Is it because Sora with Disney and Reimu is pretty niche here?

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Where is the risk? If he's leakbait he's leakbait and not in the game at least for the time being. I don't think companies see this as the huge sign of disrespect that you seem to.

Nintendo is most definitely using leakbait when it comes to their titles (Star Fox Grand Prix) and Katsuhiro Harada who works for Bandai-Namco has been explicit as to their use of leakbait. Smash would be no different.

I don't really see how "Company A works well with Company B" is in any way evidence for a character being in Smash nor do I see how it's better evidence than someone with an actual track record of legitimate information. There are tons of companies that work well with Nintendo that haven't gotten a rep and possibly will never get a playable rep. There's a clear difference between this anonymous leaker and someone like Shifty and Brew in terms of the fact that they have a legit track record and not just one or two things. I'm not sure how you can dismiss their specifically calling Luminary when he was the base form of Hero while also elsewhere in the thread have defended Vergeben as still being correct about Hero even though he specifically went in on Erdrick. Yet you're saying that you can't trust this guy because he specifically said Luminary? This starting to feel a bit hypocritical.
I mean, it's just a courtesy thing to not use another company's name in leak bait I would imagine. They're not involved in the Fighter's Pass and they don't have a playable character in Smash despite having an obvious slam dunk contender (more than even Rayman given Hayabusa's NES connections and less problematic nature of actually having limbs). You could use any number of other characters as leak bait that you own or are associated with the companies already represented in the game, so why pick a company that would actually very much like to have their character in Smash and might take using their name as "leak bait" the wrong way? It just seems like a **** move to me honestly (in the same way I find people jumping on any character as "leak bait" to kind of be one too if I'm being brutally honest).

We have one example of "supposed" leakbait to prove that Nintendo uses it, and that's built upon a rickety foundation that assumes Grand Prix ever actually came from Nintendo and wasn't just someone running their mouth. There's no actual proof to leakbait in Nintendo or Smash at this point. Harada using leakbait is one thing because Harada operates on his own wavelength of ****ing with the fans quite regularly, but I don't see that as a compelling If Harada does it, then Sakurai does it.

Like I said, "leakers" are not evidence in my mind and I generally treat them as their own thing overall. Especially someone as unverified as this one that we know so little about. The reason I call out the Luminary thing is the whole fact that we don't know when this person went in on Luminary. If they went in on Luminary a couple months after Vergeben went in on Dragon Quest, is that really supposed to be a compelling point for the leaker? We had people like Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth making the same point that Luminary made more sense as the DQ character at the beginning of this year, so it's not unreasonable to just assume piggybacking off of the ongoing DQ information running around. So, I give no credit to this leaker on that front without knowing more information about the specifics of calling Luminary (I appreciate PapaGenos' judgment on these matters, but I need to personally see the receipts haha). This person not being someone in the public perception seriously hurts their credibility because this is just supposed to be an Anonymous source in the background. That sets off an immediate red flag in my mind as I'm already incredibly wary of leakers in general (I give Vergeben and Sabi more of the time of day for their longstanding record open to the public, but neither have really been on their A-game in a little while in that regard either). Is the Mii costume point interesting? Sure, but the fact this is coming to light well after the fact and the arguably weirdest costume hasn't come to light yet either (a Mallow or Smithy costume will undoubtedly raise a ton of eye brows) and they also didn't really get any information about Sans, Terry, or anything else. It raises even more red flags. That's just too many for me to jump on this "leaker" as much of anything until I see more information on the topic.

So, it comes down to the merit of the company, who they're working with and on what, and what the particular character can be to Smash for me. Crash and Hayabusa seem on pretty equal playing fields there. Crash in a renaissance period and makes a ton of sense as a big name get for Smash Bros. Ninja Gaiden isn't as much, but he's a NES icon from the biggest Japanese company not related to Sony currently missing from Smash and Koei Tecmo works extremely closely with Nintendo on Switch titles. I think it'll be ****ing ridiculous if we don't get Ryu Hayabusa by the end of Ultimate DLC and another reason why I doubt him as leakbait. They have two different legacies, and we've seen more willingness from Activision Blizzard and Koei Tecmo to work on Switch. I think real monetary business deals are infinitely more substantial "evidence" (more circumstantial, but there's no real good reason for these characters to not be in Smash unless one of the companies is just a **** about it) than whatever leakers come off the street proclaiming themselves as the next big "truthsayer."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom