• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Dude, I have to say I looooooove your channel. :embarrass:
The puns in NoPUNtendo are terribly great. I can't watch them without giggling at least once. Also, Zubatman. So well thought, very well executed.
I wish you had more subscribers. You deserve to be up there with the big guns of animation.
[/fangirl]
Anyways, tweets that are sent from guys who you don't follow are ignored in your "Home" timeline, but you can see every tweet directed to you [also Retweets and Favorites] in the "Interactions" timeline.
Sakurai CAN see your tweet, but I don't know if he WILL. He must receive a lot of tweets for being the video games rock star that he is, so your tweet might be completely lost in the sands of time by now.
One thing we could do is spam this to him, but we don't wanna be annoying to him, right?
Right?
Hey thanks (:

I think if some Japanese fans stumbled upon the video that would help circulate it over there a bit. I think he pays more attention to his Japanese fans over his English speaking ones. OR WE COULD SPAM HIM I GUESSSSS-

That video, thank you so much!!!
<3 It was my pleasure.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Apparently, someone tweeted that video to Sakurai.

What do you think will happen?
Sakurai: [laughs]

I think that'd honestly be all...

Not expecting Geno, but if he'd ever got in that'd be the mark of the end of times easily. Not saying he wouldn't be awesome, but he's just not so very likely...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No one has ever thought he was super likely. We just think he'd be awesome, and support him simply for that reason

vicgur

Smash Ace
No one has ever thought he was super likely. We just think he'd be awesome, and support him simply for that reason
That's pretty much what those supporting threads are about, isn't it?
We're not here because we're EXPECTING those characters in the game. We're here because we'd absolutely LOVE to see them in it.
It'd be great if people umderstood that, so we'd have less haters on the threads...

:phone:

Wondra

Smash Cadet
I find it hard to believe that Nintendo / Sakurai have failed to notice Geno's MASSIVE support for Smash 4.

I'd hope they'd do what's necessary (within reason) to see that he's included this time around...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I find it hard to believe that Nintendo / Sakurai have failed to notice Geno's MASSIVE support for Smash 4.

I'd hope they'd do what's necessary (within reason) to see that he's included this time around...
It's not as massive as you think. He's kind of obscure and has to deal with a bunch of copyright laws.

It's not looking good for our favorite doll.

Wondra

Smash Cadet
It's not as massive as you think. He's kind of obscure and has to deal with a bunch of copyright laws.

It's not looking good for our favorite doll.
The magnitude of Geno's support is debatable, but unless Square is flatly saying no, I can't imagine any form of legislation being such an insurmountable obstacle that Geno's chances are slim.

Yes, his chances are indeed slim, but I feel that'd be more due to Nintendo not caring enough to approach Square, or Square not caring enough to oblige them.

Something tells me that if they can arrange for Sonic to appear, the same is at least possible for Geno. But maybe I'm being naive..

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Square characters have appeared in a few Mario games like Mario Sports Mix. Does it improve his chances in any way?

Wondra

Smash Cadet
Square characters have appeared in a few Mario games like Mario Sports Mix. Does it improve his chances in any way?

If anything, those instances speak to Nintendo's relationship with Square, which appears to be Good via said appearances.

But maybe we're being too optimistic. *shrug*

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Probably both parties dont care enough about Geno to do this.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since I go to school for animation and stuff, you'd think I'd work on a Geno thing one of these days.

Eh, with work and school full time I don't have enough time.

But maybe one day I'll get something

vicgur

Smash Ace
Oooh, you go to school for "animation and stuff"? I'd love to see animations by a guy who knows what to do! You should try to make some in your free time, dude.

I'd love to learn more about animation, and I do think I might look into it in the near future.
Oh well, I do what I can.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
TBH, it's mostly for video/ web rather than straight up cartooning. Though I'd love to do straight up cartoon animation.

3Ds Max, After Effects, and Flash

rydercloud

Smash Rookie
somebody told me that you were looking for a new geno spritesheet (im not really shure if that do is true because someone ele told me that it isnt) and i wanted to show you the one i made (with some help of crimson angels one (the run and walk are just recolours from his) )

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7184/genospritesheetbyryder.png

thats the link to it and i hope you do like it

of you want to use it or edit it feel free to do it (just give credit :) )
ill change the up b to the one from your moveset if you want to :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
somebody told me that you were looking for a new geno spritesheet (im not really shure if that do is true because someone ele told me that it isnt) and i wanted to show you the one i made (with some help of crimson angels one (the run and walk are just recolours from his) )
thats the link to it and i hope you do like it
of you want to use it or edit it feel free to do it (just give credit :) )
ill change the up b to the one from your moveset if you want to :)

That is friggin' awesome.

I'll put it on the front page. Did you make it yourself so I can get credit?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Geno has a higher chance of getting in than some of the people I want (I mean, other than me, who ACTUALLY supports grovyle?), and thats because of previous popularity. a lot of people probably lost faith in Geno when he wasn't in brawl, but from what I had heard he had a VERY large following before the release. I'd like geno in just because he'd be interesting to see, and fun to play as.

those complaining that Geno is too obscure should listen to my PERSONAL experiences. as of playing smash 64 I had no idea who link, fox, samus, captian falcon, ness or even kirby were. and in melee I didn't know of marth, roy, mr game and watch ice climbers or falco were. as of brawl I didn't know of pit, lucas, snake, Ike and olimar. I expect there to be people I don't know of in ssb4 (but a lot less since im on these forums and I know of a lot more) so one little obsure character shouldn't be a problem.

oh and he is only in one game? :lucas:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Geno has a higher chance of getting in than some of the people I want (I mean, other than me, who ACTUALLY supports grovyle?), and thats because of previous popularity. a lot of people probably lost faith in Geno when he wasn't in brawl, but from what I had heard he had a VERY large following before the release. I'd like geno in just because he'd be interesting to see, and fun to play as.

those complaining that Geno is too obscure should listen to my PERSONAL experiences. as of playing smash 64 I had no idea who link, fox, samus, captian falcon, ness or even kirby were. and in melee I didn't know of marth, roy, mr game and watch ice climbers or falco were. as of brawl I didn't know of pit, lucas, snake, Ike and olimar. I expect there to be people I don't know of in ssb4 (but a lot less since im on these forums and I know of a lot more) so one little obsure character shouldn't be a problem.

oh and he is only in one game? :lucas:
Geno is far more obscure than those characters. And his 3rd party status doesn't really help.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Geno is far more obscure than those characters. And his 3rd party status doesn't really help.
my point was that I didn't know who they were and didn't really care. still liked them and played as em. doesn't matter about obscurity.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
my point was that I didn't know who they were and didn't really care. still liked them and played as em. doesn't matter about obscurity.
It matters more than you think.

And using retros as an argument for obscurity is bad. Retros are chosen for different reasons.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
The only obscure characters we get are retro characters. Geno's kind of retro, but he's still 3rd party. And I personally think Mega Man and Pac-Man are far more deserving 3rd party characters.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
It matters more than you think.

And using retros as an argument for obscurity is bad. Retros are chosen for different reasons.
wait, did I use retros as an argument? i didn't mean to.

well my point was that people can have fun playing as/with/against a character they never heard of before.

and you are right, obscurity does have importance. in setting the character roster. not so much in gameplay.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone. new to these forums and this is my first post on smashboards, but ive been stalking threads for over a week now and just thought id pop in here first and say i'm down for geno in smash. SMRPG was one of my all time favorite games growing up and geno by far was my fav character in it. But anyway heres to geno in SSB4! and if not a character in the finished product then hopefully dlc. And if not DLC then hopefully referenced in the game in some way. OPTIMISM AND OBSCURITY FTW

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
If Geno were to get in what would the crowd chant when he's doing well?
Maybe something like "Geno! You're A Star!" or "Geeeenooo WHIRL!" or "GENO-CIDE!"(this one might cross some lines I admit)

meh...I'm not to good at this...

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
If Geno were to get in what would the crowd chant when he's doing well?
Maybe something like "Geno! You're A Star!" or "Geeeenooo WHIRL!" or "GENO-CIDE!"(this one might cross some lines I admit)

meh...I'm not to good at this...
The 'Geno you're a star' one is actually very clever, however the less said about 'Geno-cide' the better.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dat moveset
Do want :shades:

(in a hurry now will be back later)

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
I really want Geno! One of the coolest guys in the coolest games ever! Don't let me down Sakurai! (I know he has only a small chance :/)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I didn't know Terminal Montage was on Smashboards. I recently became obsessed with his Mario & Luigi Ultimate Attack! video. It starts out simple enough, baiting you into thinking you know how it's going to play out from the first few seconds. Then it just blows all of your expectations away.

Then Geno appears at the very end. :laugh:

Top Bottom