• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Well, it's not the same situation at all

Banjo Kazooie was never a nintendo game, it just appeared on Nintendo systems

Mario RPG is a Mario game

Rare left Nintendo to work for a rival company

Geno is owned by another company, that isn't a rival

Stop even pretending like your some kind of superior mind. It just makes you look pompous
Irony was afoot, so I called it out. What's wrong with that? Can't help but notice that you're not criticizing your white knight Hero of Time for making ad hominem remarks towards me and other users. So I guess my response is:

I'll stop acting pompous, if you stop acting biased.

Sound fair?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Banjo Kazooie was never a nintendo game, it just appeared on Nintendo systems
Banjo-Kazooie was an IP owned by Nintendo like any other 2nd party IP (well they all have specific ownership details, but it was still a 2nd party IP), and doesn't appear with the 3rd parties on the Melee poll. Plus if Perfect Dark can get content in Melee (and only series owned or partially owned by Nintendo had content in Melee), logically B&K could as well.

Actually here (in response to why Rare characters weren't playable in Melee):
"Well, it was hardly surprising: Conker had only appeared in DKR at that point and Banjo-Kazooie was in development at the same time as Smashy. Memory tells me there were almost a boatload of Rare character trophies in Melee at one point, but it never happened.” - RARE

So technically they could've been included in some form. They were Nintendo characters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Banjo-Kazooie was an IP owned by Nintendo like any other 2nd party IP (well they all have specific ownership details, but it was still a 2nd party IP), and doesn't appear with the 3rd parties on the Melee poll. Plus if Perfect Dark can get content in Melee (and only series owned or partially owned by Nintendo had content in Melee), logically B&K could as well.

Actually here (in response to why Rare characters weren't playable in Melee):
"Well, it was hardly surprising: Conker had only appeared in DKR at that point and Banjo-Kazooie was in development at the same time as Smashy. Memory tells me there were almost a boatload of Rare character trophies in Melee at one point, but it never happened.” - RARE

So technically they could've been included in some form. They were Nintendo characters.
Oh yeah, I forgot they were second party.

For some reason I was thinking they were 3rd

They did make those Donkey Kong games now that I think about it

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Why are you even posting here?
A number of factors, glad you asked.

1. I have the capability to use a keyboard and mouse to express ideas in a virtual environment, using electronic apparatuses capable of such things.
2. Supposedly I have freedom of speech and can exercise it freely.
3. I keep getting addressed by notifications on the top of the page.
4. My intention was never to start problems, but alas, when people point out a commonly accepted idea that a minority do not accept, it results in backlash. Thus, I feel I have the right to defend myself when coming under attack for doing something as simple as pointing something out.
5. I like being persistent to annoy people who insult me.
6. Because I'm not alone in my beliefs, and enjoy reading posts from intelligent people who can have legitimate arguments. You seem a bit better than Hero at least.
7. Because I feel like it and have nothing better to do at the moment.

Lots of reasons.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You don't sound like you're a nice person

You also sound like you think you have revolutionary ideas

The Geno thread doesn't even get continuous posts. Why not bother the Ridley thread. They would appreciate it more

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
You don't sound like you're a nice person

You also sound like you think you have revolutionary ideas

The Geno thread doesn't even get continuous posts. Why not bother the Ridley thread. They would appreciate it more
I actually am, believe it or not. I try to be anyway. I'm only acting as such because apparently thinking something differently than WhiteKnight1997 results in being called "an idiot, autist (not even a word, although I'm guessing he means autistic)" and being told that Geno's irrelevancy is "too stupid to comprehend". Honestly, I've seen a lot of people who stopped supporting Geno because of his supporters, and not because of him, or so they claim. Your community is killing your characters' rep. Its right up there with Krystal for having one of the most outspoken fanbases. Not everyone's bad, but honestly, the ad hominem is unnecessary, and just proves that your fans are being overly passionate about something that they know will likely never come to fruition. Its ridiculous, I wouldn't insult someone for not supporting my preferred characters.

I won't even address your second point, because its so ridiculous and unwarranted that it doesn't need addressing. Geno is irrelevant = I think I have revolutionary ideas. Oh yeah. Sounds right up my alley.

I do post in the Ridley thread, and a number of others. And in every other thread, my conversations are civil and no one has ever argued. Funny how this is the one place where I get insulted for pointing something out. Revisit my first paragraph for a refresher on that one.

I think if you got to know me, I'm actually a nice guy. By all means, support Geno, I'm all for him regardless of the reality. Just stop making assumptions about me being full of myself/having a linear reality/stupid argument/bothering people/blah blah etc., because THAT is why I keep coming back to antagonize. Last I checked, I haven't even implied that I'm better than anyone. I've been willing to drop it for some time. The only reason I'm even acknowledging you is because your maturity is greater than some other peoples'. At this point, that is the only reason I'm posting: because this is your thread, and you deserve to know why I keep coming back and pushing the argument. On that note, I will leave you guys alone, if you leave me alone. As I said like 6 posts ago.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The community here is more or less just me, and this thread is barely ever active

There are a few other people that like Geno but don't believe he has a chance and never post in this thread

This "WhiteKnight1997" has never posted in this thread before today.

If you look at the post dates there is a 2 week difference between the last post to the ones today, and some breaks are longer than that.

Maybe the gamefaqs fans or one of the other sites I don't care about may have bad fans but here there is not.

Edit: And like I desired, most of the posts in this thread are Geno artwork such as awesome animations and a cool moveset

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
The community here is more or less just me, and this thread is barely ever active

There are a few other people that like Geno but don't believe he has a chance and never post in this thread

This "WhiteKnight1997" has never posted in this thread before today.

If you look at the post dates there is a 2 week difference between the last post to the ones today, and some breaks are longer than that.

Maybe the gamefaqs fans or one of the other sites I don't care about may have bad fans but here there is not.
Right, and not everyone is bad. I myself have heard that the fanbase is obnoxious or something to that effect from others, but haven't really known why. Hero_of_Time_1997 might have killed it for me honestly, in this case. I have nothing against Geno at all on a personal level or anything. I actually came here to COMPLIMENT you guys. Refer to my very first post. I just thought that obscurity/licensing would work against him, and I thought it was COOL that he had a decent line of support anyway. That was the whole idea behind my post: even though a character from Chrono Trigger seems to have better odds in their favor (theoretically, due to similar circumstances license-wise and remakes and whatnot working for them), you guys are still supporters. Same applies to Krystal. I'm a skeptic towards her myself, but hey, I admire how adamantly people defend her/create movesets etc.

I myself created an E. Gadd thread that has had less love than this one. I still support him despite the odds because that's what you do. So I didn't even come here to start a fight at all, just to get perspective on others' interpretations of his worthiness.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Right, and not everyone is bad. I myself have heard that the fanbase is obnoxious or something to that effect from others, but haven't really known why. Hero_of_Time_1997 might have killed it for me honestly, in this case. I have nothing against Geno at all on a personal level or anything. I actually came here to COMPLIMENT you guys. Refer to my very first post. I just thought that obscurity/licensing would work against him, and I thought it was COOL that he had a decent line of support anyway. That was the whole idea behind my post: even though a character from Chrono Trigger seems to have better odds in their favor (theoretically, due to similar circumstances license-wise and remakes and whatnot working for them), you guys are still supporters. Same applies to Krystal. I'm a skeptic towards her myself, but hey, I admire how adamantly people defend her/create movesets etc.

I myself created an E. Gadd thread that has had less love than this one. I still support him despite the odds because that's what you do. So I didn't even come here to start a fight at all, just to get perspective on others' interpretations of his worthiness.
how come you were arguing so much after that first post?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
how come you were arguing so much after that first post?
Because I got called an idiot for what I said, and he kept going telling me I was wrong and unable to comprehend what he was saying. Then Powerstars and Psycho got in a little bit and people kept taking stabs (subtle or otherwise) at me. All because I said Geno has faded into obscurity, hurting his odds significantly because he's third party.

Well, I forgot to include third party in my original statement because I thought using Chrono Trigger as an example implied it enough. Apparently that's what started it.

In hindsight, I'm willing to apologize for causing issues on this thread. I just don't understand how everyone got so offended at what I said/thought the logic was stupid. At one point, Hero agreed with me on some ideas, but then Powerstars got in on it, ignoring everything I'd said since my first post.

Honestly, I know I basically walked into a biker bar dressed in a pink skirt by saying anything at all.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well this is a swell conversation, a little argument was overthrown by super-aggressive defendants. It's incredible that we're not past the cave-man stage yet.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
All because I said Geno has faded into obscurity, hurting his odds significantly because he's third party.

Well, I forgot to include third party in my original statement because I thought using Chrono Trigger as an example implied it enough. Apparently that's what started it.
Truth is, you're right. Geno has fallen into the world of obscurity as far as game developers go. What games have Geno appeared in? Mario RPG, which is going on its second decade in age, and a very minor cameo in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. At the end of the latter game, the credits specifically stated the Geno's rights are owned by Square-Enix. When one puts 2 and 2 together, and given how rarely he ever appears in a game, Geno's chances are grim. Unless Nintendo gets Square to rep a character, then perhaps Geno has a chance. Even then, Geno faces competition from other Square characters, including Black Mage, Cecil Harvey, Terra Bradford, and even some Dragon Quest characters. Unless the demand for Geno by fans are astronomically high, it's doubtful we'll see Geno grace a Smash game in playable form unless the fan base works their ***es off to get the message to Nintendo... That, and having a stroke of serendipity wouldn't hurt either.

Now, that said, this thread shouldn't be so much a debate on his chances of being in Smash 4 more than it should be a discussion for possible movesets, stages, music, etc..

Here's a bit of trivia: The theme played in the Lost Woods (I forget the name of the track. Something about "mushrooms") was originally going to be in Brawl. You can find and hear the track on YouTube. For some reason (possibly copyright), it was never used in the final game. Take that for what it is.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Truth is, you're right. Geno has fallen into the world of obscurity as far as game developers go. What games have Geno appeared in? Mario RPG, which is going on its second decade in age, and a very minor cameo in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. At the end of the latter game, the credits specifically stated the Geno's rights are owned by Square-Enix. When one puts 2 and 2 together, and given how rarely he ever appears in a game, Geno's chances are grim. Unless Nintendo gets Square to rep a character, then perhaps Geno has a chance. Even then, Geno faces competition from other Square characters, including Black Mage, Cecil Harvey, Terra Bradford, and even some Dragon Quest characters. Unless the demand for Geno by fans are astronomically high, it's doubtful we'll see Geno grace a Smash game in playable form unless the fan base works their ***es off to get the message to Nintendo... That, and having a stroke of serendipity wouldn't hurt either.

Now, that said, this thread shouldn't be so much a debate on his chances of being in Smash 4 more than it should be a discussion for possible movesets, stages, music, etc..

Here's a bit of trivia: The theme played in the Lost Woods (I forget the name of the track. Something about "mushrooms") was originally going to be in Brawl. You can find and hear the track on YouTube. For some reason (possibly copyright), it was never used in the final game. Take that for what it is.
Really? They kind of dropped the ball on that one. Saria's Song (original theme name) is one of the most renowned and well-liked OoT songs, to my knowledge. Unless you're talking about the TP version.

The ideas you're getting at are what I was getting at all along though. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I would like to see him, just don't think he's going to be the one to make it out of the third party options.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I think the song she meant to say was the "geno's forest" song "beware the forest's mushrooms", not saria's song.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I think the song she meant to say was the "geno's forest" song "beware the forest's mushrooms", not saria's song.
OHHHHH. That theme is classic. I see what she was trying to say now. Geno's area theme = Geno may have been considered as a character and that may have been his stage/character theme.

That's pretty cool. I would have liked to see Saria's Song too though. Outside of just the OoT medley. It WAS in Melee after all.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Oh, wait, I think the area is called "Forest Maze". If so, then I feel like a derp seeing as it's only been less than a year since I last played Mario RPG. Oh well.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Guys, DON'T LET GENO TEAR US ALL APART!!!
You're tearing me apart!

I would have loved the Forest Maze music in Smash. Any of the music, actually- I find myself idly whistling the music that plays while you're floating down the river/waterfall a lot.

What a great game. Smash really could've used more SMRPG references in it... I personally want Bowser's side special to become him swinging a chain chomp above his head and then throwing it. I wouldn't have minded if Mario got his hammer for a smash attack... And Kirby should get a Mallow alternate costume. :D

Am I the only person who'd want 3D Geno to be re-designed? When looking at his current designs in 3D I can't help but notice that he looks kind of naked when you're not viewing him from above.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
You're tearing me apart!

I would have loved the Forest Maze music in Smash. Any of the music, actually- I find myself idly whistling the music that plays while you're floating down the river/waterfall a lot.

What a great game. Smash really could've used more SMRPG references in it... I personally want Bowser's side special to become him swinging a chain chomp above his head and then throwing it. I wouldn't have minded if Mario got his hammer for a smash attack... And Kirby should get a Mallow alternate costume. :D

Am I the only person who'd want 3D Geno to be re-designed? When looking at his current designs in 3D I can't help but notice that he looks kind of naked when you're not viewing him from above.
Oh they'd redesign him for sure, just like most other characters who have outdated designs like Pit and even Marth in Melee.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Well he is still a doll, so maybe not that tall, but yeah that looks pretty good.
I mean... in the RPG he was just a little shorter than Mario. That's already a scarily tall doll.

Besides... Doll, mannequin, what's the difference, really, if he's just possessing different wooden things?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I mean... in the RPG he was just a little shorter than Mario. That's already a scarily tall doll.

Besides... Doll, mannequin, what's the difference, really, if he's just possessing different wooden things?
I would just think he would be shorter because he's a doll in his original game. Mario height maybe.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Geno's not getting in guys...

Never will...

But that doesn't mean we can't dream! He would be awesome if he made it.

As long as we got Jr. and Toad first.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
lol do you even know what the **** white knight means? jesus christ. i'm trying to read your posts but they all say waaahwahwahwah

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
lol do you even know what the **** white knight means? jesus christ. i'm trying to read your posts but they all say waaahwahwahwah
Why don't you educate us then?

This is gonna be good...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can we not have arguments in this thread?

I'd rather go back to the fan art and animations thing that was just a couple pages ago

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
Can we not have arguments in this thread?

I'd rather go back to the fan art and animations thing that was just a couple pages ago
You better gear up man because once a trailer is shown all there is going to be is character debates in these threads. Don't you remember the prebrawl days? It's inevitable

geno

Smash Apprentice
Geno's not getting in guys...

Never will...

But that doesn't mean we can't dream! He would be awesome if he made it.
I'd just like to remind everyone that R.O.B. got into Brawl. I'm not dissing R.O.B. or anything, but if he can make it in, Geno's got a shot! I'm not giving up hope!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd just like to remind everyone that R.O.B. got into Brawl. I'm not dissing R.O.B. or anything, but if he can make it in, Geno's got a shot! I'm not giving up hope!
R.O.B. is actually owned by Nintendo though.

geno

Smash Apprentice
True, but it's not a strictly Nintendo cast anymore. And I mean... He's pretty much Nintendo. Hahaha... Why must he be so unlikely to happen? T_T

Top Bottom