• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I can't really think of an existing move that would be good for recovery off the top of my head. Who knows, something original can always be used as well. A rocket punch would also be pretty cool, either as a special or Smash attack or something.
What about Geno Boost. In Mario RPG, it's a stat-booster, but they can always "freestyle" it and make it a recovery to justify the implied "boost" he gets somehow. I mean, they did the same with Lucario's Extremespeed more or less, right?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It could even briefly give him a few seconds of a slight attack and defense boost after the lag just for fun. :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What about Geno Boost. In Mario RPG, it's a stat-booster, but they can always "freestyle" it and make it a recovery to justify the implied "boost" he gets somehow. I mean, they did the same with Lucario's Extremespeed more or less, right?
I suppose if you got really creative it could "boost" him upward, but if it included the arrows, that would be a little cheesy. Extremespeed would actually sort of be the opposite though (assuming Geno Boost did damage - though even if it didn't it wouldn't be exactly the same), because in the Pokemon games it's a damaging move, but in Brawl it's one of the few non-damaging up specials.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
If that is unsatisfactory, his recovery could be "Star Road", where he makes a road of stars. :laugh:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I suppose Geno's up special could sort of be like when the doll first got possessed, but in reverse. The star being could leave Geno and spiral upwards, but bring the doll with it (otherwise that wouldn't make much sense :p) and anybody who comes in contact with the doll when it's rising would take damage. Dunno, just spitballing.

Either way, the hardest part of including Geno is definitely not his moveset, there are a lot of options he has to work with for only one major appearance.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Then the star, being ♥♪!?, could then proceed to possess any objects on the stage! :awesome: Jump around as a Bob-omb or fight as Mr. Saturn. When they get flung off the stage ♥♪!? could then leave through his recovery and possess something else. Though if items are turned off that would be a bit difficult...

Just spit-balling as well. :laugh:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
What're people thinking for his Final Smash?

*I* think he should summon a swarm of wooden dolls that he animates and they start MURDERING EVERYTHING.

(Or Geno Flash or something).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The FS has gotta be:

Though your idea is much more terrifying, I'll give it that. :laugh:

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
really? well, I thought you were my age because of two reasons:

1. your name has 1997 IN IT.
2. you really are sounding immature, like most kids my age.

sorry for the mistake.
Goldeneye came out that year

I can sound however I want. You sound like a 15 year old who cares about name calling on the internet.

Also the overall idea here was to get Geno discussion going again so thanks bromanguys. I hacked my Wii just to use Geno in Brawl and it was awful

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I can sound however I want. You sound like a 15 year old who cares about name calling on the internet.

Also the overall idea here was to get Geno discussion going again so thanks bromanguys. I hacked my Wii just to use Geno in Brawl and it was awful

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's calm down. Like...let's just calm down.

On the Geno moveset topic, let's see... I'd like to see them get creative with it, and possibly capitalize on the fact that he's actually a star possessing a doll. Maybe they could even use Geno to pull in some moves not used by Mario and Weegee that are iconic to Superstar Saga or Paper Mario (1). For instance, he could use the Star Rod for an attack or two, or...something from SS.

Other than that, I'd like to see star tosses or blasts incorporated into not just his specials, but also into grabs, etc.

His jab should also be a one-two-bullet punch. Those bullet things are just too cool.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Dude. What is your problem?

You're being an ass.

I just want Geno to have a "I serve a higher authority," taunt.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Dude. What is your problem?

Your being an ***.

I just want Geno to have a "I serve a higher authority," taunt.

Dude. That taunt is a must. I'd also love a taunt where the star inhabiting the doll unpossesses him for a second, and he flops onto the ground, looking dead, before going back in. That'd be neat.

And I hate to be that guy, Swamp, but it's you're :troll:

D

Deleted member

Geno actually would have been quite reasonable if he appeared in Mario Hoops and/or Sports Mix, IMO.
Seems rather strange that Square developed those games, but didn't think to include their licensed Mario characters like Geno and Mallow in the mix instead of or alongside some random Final Fantasy characters and a Slime.

EDIT: And to be technical, maybe Geno appeared in the Galaxy games in his true star form. :troll: Did you guys ever think of that?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dude. That taunt is a must. I'd also love a taunt where the star inhabiting the doll unpossesses him for a second, and he flops onto the ground, looking dead, before going back in. That'd be neat.

And I hate to be that guy, Swamp, but it's you're :troll:
That'd be a cool taunt too.\

And to that last bit...

D

Deleted member

Going back on my last post; technically, Nintendo can get away with including the "Geno" character in their games; just not use the name or the doll body or they have to get licensing.
For all we know, this little guy could be Geno. :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Going back on my last post; technically, Nintendo can get away with including the "Geno" character in their games; just not use the name or the doll body or they have to get licensing.
Yeah, but if they're going to do that, they might as well include Cloud.

[collapse=obvious joke is obvious]

:troll:[/collapse]

;)

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but if they're going to do that, they might as well include Cloud.

[collapse=obvious joke is obvious]

:troll:[/collapse]

;)
But they already did.
Cloud has been in the Mario series since the first Super Mario Bros., much long before his debut in Final Fantasy.
Why people keep saying he's a FF character, I have no clue. :awesome:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
But they already did.
Cloud has been in the Mario series since the first Super Mario Bros., much long before his debut in Final Fantasy.
Hell, they even merged in Galaxy 2.

:troll::troll:

People can be real dumb sometimes. :smirk:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

Such... such awful jokes... I CAN'T TAKE IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Cloud Mario made me sad that Mario never utilizes his suits in Smash. I know they're better as item type things, but still.

I'd support Luma Geno, if they called it Geno and gave it Geno moves.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The suits should at least be items. Like a feather could give the character a cape and they can run then fly off a bit, and the cloud mushroom can allow the player to make some small platforms.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
But they already did.
Well actually, to correct you, Cloud isn't eligible. He didn't originate from a video game.

/:troll:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'd like to see a Geno/Paper Mario teamup in the next Adventure Mode story.
It would be fun seeing Geno trying to communicate with a piece of paper, wondering how weird of it is to be doing that; only to realize that he is a star possessing an armed child's plaything.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Because it's awesome.

Also, I think that if we should get Geno, we should buy multiple copies of the game. because why not?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Also, I think that if we should get Geno, we should buy multiple copies of the game. because why not?

Because I don't HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY.

SSB4 will be making me spend a buttload of money anyhow, getting the Wii U and 3DS version, plus inevitably getting four Wii U pro controllers. And if we have to pay for some DLC that'd be another investment I'd have to make for Smash.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Because I don't HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY.

SSB4 will be making me spend a buttload of money anyhow, getting the Wii U and 3DS version, plus inevitably getting four Wii U pro controllers. And if we have to pay for some DLC that'd be another investment I'd have to make for Smash.
oh yeah, forgot about the money. :/ probably will buy a couple more pro controllers, so I doubt I'd have the money. forgot about that really important factor.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
If that is unsatisfactory, his recovery could be "Star Road", where he makes a road of stars. :laugh:
I suppose Geno's up special could sort of be like when the doll first got possessed, but in reverse. The star being could leave Geno and spiral upwards, but bring the doll with it (otherwise that wouldn't make much sense :p) and anybody who comes in contact with the doll when it's rising would take damage. Dunno, just spitballing.

Either way, the hardest part of including Geno is definitely not his moveset, there are a lot of options he has to work with for only one major appearance.
I like both of these ideas.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Idea for his entrance:
As soon as the stage loads the Geno doll is laying in its place lifeless. A star twirls down entering the doll and he pounces up ready for battle.

Perhaps if there are characters who have already made their entrance before him the star could even hover above them and consider entering them first like in SMRPG:chuckle:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I remember how the Brawl thread was something like 400 pages and was in the top five character support threads. It's good to see that a decent number of people still like Geno and want to see him return.

D

Deleted member

I remember how the Brawl thread was something like 400 pages and was in the top five character support threads. It's good to see that a decent number of people still like Geno and want to see him return.
One thing Geno has going for him aside from popularity is that he'd make a really easy fit into the game for a third-party given that he's essentially a Mario character if the fact that he's a Square Enix character into taken into account. Still, his lack of importance makes him sadly unlikely.

Top Bottom