• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Where can I find this Dovahkiin rumour you guys are talking about?
There isn't one. Fatman claimed that ((from what he's heard)) FP5 is a Third-party Western that disconfirms a popular character and therefore will be controversial, moreso than Corrin. Dohvakin is a Third-party Western and it seems likely that his inclusion would, in turn, effectively murder Doomguy. The only hitch I have with the Dohvakin theory is that I don't think he'd be controversial. It's Skyrim, the game that broke a lot of RPGs and fantasy games into the mainstream, and the announcement of ES VI at E3 2018 was huge.

NixF

Smash Cadet
There isn't one. Fatman claimed that ((from what he's heard)) FP5 is a Third-party Western that disconfirms a popular character and therefore will be controversial, moreso than Corrin. Dohvakin is a Third-party Western and it seems likely that his inclusion would, in turn, effectively murder Doomguy. The only hitch I have with the Dohvakin theory is that I don't think he'd be controversial. It's Skyrim, the game that broke a lot of RPGs and fantasy games into the mainstream, and the announcement of ES VI at E3 2018 was huge.
Hold up. fatman said that fp5 is a 3rd party from a western company??
Where was that?

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman

Nope, I certainly think Skyrim wouldn't be controversial. And certainly not more hated than Corrin. I would actually appreciate either Dovahkiin and Doomguy, I just want Bethesda represented in Smash. Thing is: I believe Dovahkiin would be a character that would've done well by the VGA audience. Thus I believe FP5 is a character somewhat more obscure, Dovahkiin certainly isn't.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On the topic of whether my theories are right or not, you all do realize that if I'm "playing with insider rumors and info", being all the time right and outright saying things is the same as leaking, right? I talk about this a lot in the context of GameXplain. They know a lot but if you were to always take their speculation videos at face value, they're constantly wrong and in big ways. Me being right all the time would be suspicious as hell especially in the light that I'm pretty public about sharing these rumors. No, I'm not playing dumb but I do consider things from different angles so that conversation can hopefully stay alive and people don't just unanimously accept what I have to say. I do want some discourse and people to come to different conclusions then I have. That's fine. Like I said, nothing wrong with being wrong.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Fatman specifically mentioned the controversy in the context of the associated deconfirm, though. Slayer has been one of the larger names in speculation over the last year, even before the costume leak. A character that would not only deconfirm him outright(at least for the foreseeable future), but also largely deconfirm a well-known image leak that also points to the long-awaited inclusion of a massive, long standing fan request in the same vein as Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo? That’d certainly cause a huge stir in Smash speculation, albeit not much of one to the more general populace.

Last edited:

NixF

Smash Cadet
Here.

Obviously, no more can be said (this is also assuming that Fatman's source is accurate, which is, with all of the aggressive misinformation around FP5, still possible).
I see, thanks.
I'll keep that in mind but won't take so seriously since as the quoted post implied, this info could also be wrong like the nindie and game awards rumors.

But if (and that's a big if) fp5 is indeed a western rep, combined with the fact that it'll piss a specific group of people... it's pretty safe to say that the said group is the doomguy fans, which sucks (though how fp5 will upset them is unknown, I think it could be a bethasda rep with doomguy and cacodemon as miis)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Like I said yesterday, the Cacomallow leak has compelling arguments for being real or fake. On Team Real, you have the guy that correctly leaked the Metroid Prime 4 delay, the Konami collections, Megalomania in Smash, Banjo's costumes, Hero's ALTs and Luminary being the head Hero, Banjo and Hero at E3, Terry's spirit board, etc. On Team Fake, you have the NoA ambassador that correctly leaked Link's Awakening, Mario Maker 2, Banjo at E3, Pokemon Sword and Shield's first Direct, BoTW 2, the Xenoblade Remaster, etc. On that note, it's honestly hard to pick sides because both have very impressive track records.

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
So if Geno makes it as DLC #7, would that make him an E3 reveal? My guess for the reveal/release schedule is:
DLC #5 -> revealed in January, released in February
DLC #6 -> revealed in March/April, released in April
Geno -> revealed at E3, released within the month?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Fatman said that he thinks Geno may come before E3. If that ends up being true, then that would make Geno be the March/April reveal and #6 would be dual-revealed with either #5 or Geno. What are everyone's thoughts on the timeline?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
So if Geno makes it as DLC #7, would that make him an E3 reveal? My guess for the reveal/release schedule is:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Fatman said that he thinks Geno may come before E3. If that ends up being true, then that would make Geno be the March/April reveal and #6 would be dual-revealed with either #5 or Geno. What are everyone's thoughts on the timeline?
A 5 and 6 reveal for the TGAs was possible and would have topped Joker but would have also made a large gap between 6 actually being detailed and playable. The longer 5 goes unannounced the closer the release between 5 and 6 will be which makes me think we’re absolutely getting a double reveal now. I think it’s very possible 6 is going to be a Plant situation where it gets announced super close to 5s reveal and released in March or April. Though that wouldn’t really work with 7 *cough*Geno*cough* being announced before E3.

I really don’t think it’d happen but 5 being announced and/or shadowdropped on Christmas would be awesome. Though at this point it very likely won’t release until February.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So do you guys think the mech toy Sakurai bought in 2016 still has relevance right now especially for FP5 since that was originally the final character intended to get in this game?
I seem to recall Sakurai saying that he got that toy specifically for its rifle, so that he had a reference for a character that holds a gun. For that reason, I think it was used as a reference for Inkling, as opposed to Geno or Elma or anyone you think of when you hear “mech with a gun”

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Hello hello people ! Just passing by this thread to say that I would be happy if Geno was in !

I'm personally really neutral to him (No offense to him as a character, just that I'm not specifically interested enough to 'want' him in, but I would maybe pick him up if he ended up being DLC if the moveset convinced me), but I have a friend that have been supporting him since a long time, and that often share cute fanart of him to me hehe

So, for the happiness of my friend, I wish you all good luck in your support !

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Like I said yesterday, the Cacomallow leak has compelling arguments for being real or fake. On Team Real, you have the guy that correctly leaked the Metroid Prime 4 delay, the Konami collections, Megalomania in Smash, Banjo's costumes, Hero's ALTs and Luminary being the head Hero, Banjo and Hero at E3, Terry's spirit board, etc. On Team Fake, you have the NoA ambassador that correctly leaked Link's Awakening, Mario Maker 2, Banjo at E3, Pokemon Sword and Shield's first Direct, BoTW 2, the Xenoblade Remaster, etc. On that note, it's honestly hard to pick sides because both have very impressive track records.
If I were to base which side of the debate I fell on off of the two sources’ track records, I’d say that the guy who says it’s real has a more Smash-focused history it seems.

Bomber57

Smash Cadet
It's this fact that I find so interesting and makes me subscribe to the theory that Nintendo has definitely stepped up on trying to weed out leakers by releasing false information and seeing who says what. I mean, you have two people with solid enough track records giving out conflicting information at about the same time on the same thing, right? I just find it a little strange.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
On the topic of whether my theories are right or not, you all do realize that if I'm "playing with insider rumors and info", being all the time right and outright saying things is the same as leaking, right? I talk about this a lot in the context of GameXplain. They know a lot but if you were to always take their speculation videos at face value, they're constantly wrong and in big ways. Me being right all the time would be suspicious as hell especially in the light that I'm pretty public about sharing these rumors. No, I'm not playing dumb but I do consider things from different angles so that conversation can hopefully stay alive and people don't just unanimously accept what I have to say. I do want some discourse and people to come to different conclusions then I have. That's fine. Like I said, nothing wrong with being wrong.
You wear the crown of thorns.

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
Welp, it's good to be back in business. The drama was stupid and dumb and VGA was below mediocre. Anyways,

I also feel like the longer they delay the reveal for the 5th fighter the more chances does the next direct have to show two next characters and do a baton pass. Presumably the direct will air in January and announce characters A and B, with A being released next month and B has to wait until some time. Then E3 comes in and reveals playable character B (with "out today!" tagline) and Geno finally joining the fray. Everyone's happy. The End.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Source on the Xenoblade 1 DE leak?
This was something he told us in private and I would have to go back to see if I ever hinted at this publicly. From what I remember, he hinted at a "very unexpected Remaster" for the September Direct so I want to say that this is what he was hinting at because he had heard the rumors of Super Mario Sunshine HD back then but strongly doubted them.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So Fatmanonice Fatmanonice how many fan favorites you think will be in this game before the DLC is all wrapped up? I'm personally hoping for Shantae and our boi Geno to both make it in before it's all over.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So Fatmanonice Fatmanonice how many fan favorites you think will be in this game before the DLC is all wrapped up? I'm personally hoping for Shantae and our boi Geno to both make it in before it's all over.
Well to repeat all the names that have credibility for either being real or red herrings: Geno, Ryu, Crash, Dante, Sol Badguy, Nightmare, Lloyd/Yuri, Sephiroth, Waluigi, and Geralt. This is a pretty solid list of names, even if some wind up being fake (with some like Geralt obviously being fake), it heavily suggests that Season 2 and possibly beyond will be fairly fan servicey. On that note, I have warned people that only Geno and Waluigi don't have other Switch game rumors attached to them and a lot of these rumors like the DMC Collection, Witcher III, and Guilty Gear have come true even though the rumors first popped up during the summer. As we saw with Gordon and Half Life, Smash rumors are often tacked on to real things to get them more attention, whether they're true or not.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just have to ask, are images dead for you guys as well? Was doing a thing up until I noticed the images were not appearing in the preview.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I just have to ask, are images dead for you guys as well? Was doing a thing up until I noticed the images were not appearing in the preview.
They were working for me several hours ago during lunch time. No that was much earlier, so about that.

Well to repeat all the names that have credibility for either being real or red herrings: Geno, Ryu, Crash, Dante, Sol Badguy, Nightmare, Lloyd/Yuri, Sephiroth, Waluigi, and Geralt. This is a pretty solid list of names, even if some wind up being fake (with some like Geralt obviously being fake), it heavily suggests that Season 2 and possibly beyond will be fairly fan servicey. On that note, I have warned people that only Geno and Waluigi don't have other Switch game rumors attached to them and a lot of these rumors like the DMC Collection, Witcher III, and Guilty Gear have come true even though the rumors first popped up during the summer. As we saw with Gordon and Half Life, Smash rumors are often tacked on to real things to get them more attention, whether they're true or not.
If I got Nightmare and Geno I would walk away from this game as a happy, happy man.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Idk if I should be asking this, but how do you and a select few people get access to all of this information?

Is there like, a private group you got accepted into or something?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Idk if I should be asking this, but how do you and a select few people get access to all of this information?

Is there like, a private group you got accepted into or something?
I used to be part of a Private Discord and these were 10 names that commonly came up among rumors that seemed to have credible things tied to them, including the sources the rumors came from. Some of these characters, like Waluigi, have been heard by everyone and their grandma which is why, for the longest time, people didn't want to publicly speak about it because it's the only name on the list that has legal action tied to it (Paragon's C&D). When I cleared Paragon's name publicly, I wanted to clear the air about this. Yes, Waluigi has been heard a lot but he has the strongest doubt of this list. People say it's super obvious leakbait because, well... It's Waluigi. He's kind of a prime candidate for one. However, this hasn't been proven without a shadow of a doubt and is ironically similar to Hero/Steve: he's one of the worst kept secrets in Smash or aggressively pushed false information.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, fun topic for Geno... Imagine Geno's 77 and Cacomallow is real; groovy, what about the Mii costumes? This implies that the Mii costume leak from the summer was right meaning Smithy, Mallow, and Chocobo would be coming too. Every pack has come with at least four Mii costumes: who do you think the fourth would be? My personal theory is a Sephiroth Mii costume with One Winged Angel.
Tifa Mii Brawler costume? Also, I think Geno would probably come with his Mii Fighter costume again should he make the playable character cut.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I used to be part of a Private Discord and these were 10 names that commonly came up among rumors that seemed to have credible things tied to them, including the sources the rumors came from. Some of these characters, like Waluigi, have been heard by everyone and their grandma which is why, for the longest time, people didn't want to publicly speak about it because it's the only name on the list that has legal action tied to it (Paragon's C&D). When I cleared Paragon's name publicly, I wanted to clear the air about this. Yes, Waluigi has been heard a lot but he has the strongest doubt of this list. People say it's super obvious leakbait because, well... It's Waluigi. He's kind of a prime candidate for one. However, this hasn't been proven without a shadow of a doubt and is ironically similar to Hero/Steve: he's one of the worst kept secrets in Smash or aggressively pushed false information.
Thank you for telling me this, there is one more thing I’d like to ask you.

Hypothetically speaking, if anyone wanted to join that private Discord, what would they have to do? Do they have to already be friends with someone in there, or are there like, requirements for joining or something like that?

Again, I probably shouldn’t be asking this, but that question has been in my mind for awhile.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Thank you for telling me this, there is one more thing I’d like to ask you.

Hypothetically speaking, if anyone wanted to join that private Discord, what would they have to do? Do they have to already be friends with someone in there, or are there like, requirements for joining or something like that?

Again, I probably shouldn’t be asking this, but that question has been in my mind for awhile.
I was basically asked to join because I was one of the first people to support and verify S***'s claims when they came here last November. From there, it was ten people until the summer when one of the members suddenly dropped out for an undisclosed reason. It was then 9 members until I believe October when an insider that goes by (Eric) (literally his screenname), was accepted into the group. (Eric) specializes in movies and comics and wanted to get into video game insider info. For example, some of the first things he shared with us and then later publicly shared on Discord were that he had heard rumors for Marvel vs Capcom 4 as well as Marvel vs DC and was able to find these things out based on the movie studios he supposedly has connections to. In summary, it was 3 insiders and 7 confidants at its "peak."

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Welp, it's good to be back in business. The drama was stupid and dumb and VGA was below mediocre. Anyways,

I also feel like the longer they delay the reveal for the 5th fighter the more chances does the next direct have to show two next characters and do a baton pass. Presumably the direct will air in January and announce characters A and B, with A being released next month and B has to wait until some time. Then E3 comes in and reveals playable character B (with "out today!" tagline) and Geno finally joining the fray. Everyone's happy. The End.
I think it’s more likely that B/#6 gets a release date for March or April, and C/#7, probably Geno, gets an E3 reveal for a release later that summer.

Though, that could be what you meant and you just typo’d it.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So do they also disagree on who Fighter 5 is as well?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Sakurai: 'I always planned to have Geno for base game, but when I saw how many characters we had, I decided to hold him back to make him number 77. I thought it would be a cute nod for the fans and his game. Sorry for the wait.'

Fans: -sweetly- 'Aw, Sakurai. Thank you very much. We love the reference despite the wait. However......'

-Pulls him closer, face to face-

-Menacingly- 'Never. Do. That. Delay. Again.'

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So with this supposed "Third Party Western Character who kills a fan pick", there's only two choices I see: Dovahkiin or Tracer

Dovahkiin: The biggest point in his favor is that Skyrim was the game Nintendo used to announce to the world "We have Third Party Support", not to mention they let them have Zelda content and Nintendo doesn't just hand out their IPS to just anyone. Ninty clearly loves Skyrim and sees it as a big deal. Arguably the best outcome in this scenario, while that means Doomslayer isn't going to be joining the fight and leave a VERY large portion of the fanbase very unhappy; it works in with CacoMallow which means our boy Geno has even MORE going for him! We can spin it like Doomslayer tore through hell to save Geno and stayed behind or something

Tracer: People have had knives out for Tracer ever since the port leak back in. Even before the Hong Kong incident the Smash fandom has been disgusted at the idea of Tracer joining: A FPS rep that seemingly steals Doomslayer's position, a potentially annoying playstyle to fight around, and seeing as how she's owned by Activision/Blizzard her inclusion would be giving Crash Bandicoot the boot; a character many myself included believe is owed a spot. Though, all she has to stand on is that she fits "Daisy Theory" if you believe in that: Both share the same primary color, both are ladies, both have brown hair... but that's about it.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
So with this supposed "Third Party Western Character who kills a fan pick", there's only two choices I see: Dovahkiin or Tracer

Dovahkiin: The biggest point in his favor is that Skyrim was the game Nintendo used to announce to the world "We have Third Party Support", not to mention they let them have Zelda content and Nintendo doesn't just hand out their IPS to just anyone. Ninty clearly loves Skyrim and sees it as a big deal. Arguably the best outcome in this scenario, while that means Doomslayer isn't going to be joining the fight and leave a VERY large portion of the fanbase very unhappy; it works in with CacoMallow which means our boy Geno has even MORE going for him! We can spin it like Doomslayer tore through hell to save Geno and stayed behind or something

Tracer: People have had knives out for Tracer ever since the port leak back in. Even before the Hong Kong incident the Smash fandom has been disgusted at the idea of Tracer joining: A FPS rep that seemingly steals Doomslayer's position, a potentially annoying playstyle to fight around, and seeing as how she's owned by Activision/Blizzard her inclusion would be giving Crash Bandicoot the boot; a character many myself included believe is owed a spot. Though, all she has to stand on is that she fits "Daisy Theory" if you believe in that: Both share the same primary color, both are ladies, both have brown hair... but that's about it.

If we go by V**** and S**is comments combined with Fatman, Tracer is out

Dovahkin is the only possibility I could think of.

Last edited:

NIckynickreviews

Smash Cadet
I was basically asked to join because I was one of the first people to support and verify S***'s claims when they came here last November. From there, it was ten people until the summer when one of the members suddenly dropped out for an undisclosed reason. It was then 9 members until I believe October when an insider that goes by (Eric) (literally his screenname), was accepted into the group. (Eric) specializes in movies and comics and wanted to get into video game insider info. For example, some of the first things he shared with us and then later publicly shared on Discord were that he had heard rumors for Marvel vs Capcom 4 as well as Marvel vs DC and was able to find these things out based on the movie studios he supposedly has connections to. In summary, it was 3 insiders and 7 confidants at its "peak."
I have a quick question. Are you able to disclose how the snk spirit/mii costume source feels about Geno and Crash (especially him since that source said before to Papa that he was coming)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So do they also disagree on who Fighter 5 is as well?
Yes but, very strangely, both believe in the same character but one believes they will be 5 and the other believes they will be 6. That's the big debate. "6" has been argued to be 5 by a good number of people and seen as the last character of the pass. What's interesting about this viewpoint is that it kind of leads to the same conclusion I've been making for months that Geno has a strong chance of being 6 or 7. To me personally, "7" makes more sense for a lot more reasons then just the cheekiness of it and I'll go into that in my big ass essay during my Christmas break.

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
Does the SNK spirit source still believe Crash filor FP5? Or am I confusing him for someone else?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, after the discussion last night about the topic of Black Mage, I actually decided to look back on something. I recalled that there was two Mario sports games that included Final Fantasy characters and I wanted to really take a good look at them. I didn't recall much of them being discussed here beyond the fact that we thought Geno should've been included, but I must say...

675px-White_Mage_MH3o3_art.jpg

I think the Mario interpretation of the mages are pretty cool! Like, "it's a shame these were only used in two sports games" cool. It would've been even better if SMRPG characters appeared in those games as well, but these are quality. Maybe they can return along with Geno if Square ever makes another Mario RPG.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom