• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It wouldn't even make sense for S-E and Nintendo to make such a deal. They had half of their stocks owned by Sony. They weren't free to do what they wanted. Only in 2013 was the time that Sony set them free. And over time, they reapproximated with Nintendo, so it's hard to pinpoint if this even happened.
And we know just how reasonable and wise Sony is.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I am glad I am not the only one who thinks Geno showing up in a future KH game is a possibility.

Also, while I did touch upon a lot of this stuff, your more precise detail is very appreciated.
I don't see how you could really do that to Geno. It isn't like the doll exists in any other game but Mario. Like the Geno doll isn't really found in the Final Fantasy Universe. That requires Mario to be in the Final Fantasy universe in turn.

Geno has and always will be a Mario character by affiliation. Geno in Kingdom Hearts would in turn drag in Mario into Kingdom Hearts and I don't see either of those scenarios playing out.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I don't see how you could really do that to Geno. It isn't like the doll exists in any other game but Mario. Like the Geno doll isn't really found in the Final Fantasy Universe. That requires Mario to be in the Final Fantasy universe in turn.

Geno has and always will be a Mario character by affiliation. Geno in Kingdom Hearts would in turn drag in Mario into Kingdom Hearts and I don't see either of those scenarios playing out.
All of the FF characters in Kingdom Hearts live in one world that is not even based on something from Final Fantasy. Cannon does not matter, as these are diffrent versions from the original characters. They could easily put Geno in, especially since he is lacking major Mario connections that even Mallow has.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
All of the FF characters in Kingdom Hearts live in one world that is not even based on something from Final Fantasy. Cannon does not matter, as these are diffrent versions from the original characters. They could easily put Geno in, especially since he is lacking major Mario connections that even Mallow has.
Try not to get mixed up between the words cannon and canon, unless I'm missing a joke and it's about to go over my head. It really confuses me when people call canon "cannon".

Cannon is the artillery used in battlefields.

Canon means the law and principle of the lore it relates to.

Back to the topic, putting Geno in the Kingdom Hearts lore would really tear logic apart. Geno is even considered a Mario character, that's probably why Square doesn't even use him. If Square really wants to do an "Akira Toriyama" and create plot holes, that's all on them, but there's going to be a lot of KH fans hating Square for making a Mario character out of the blue part of the KH lore now. It really depends on which character they use, because there's ♡♪!? and there's the Geno doll. ♡♪!? is a character from the Mario universe, same with the Geno doll being part of the Mario universe; it's more likely that they'll use the Geno doll, but I don't see it happening. I think Square would rather make their own "Pinocchio" in the KH series or would rather just use Disney's Pinocchio. I believe the closest we got to Geno being in KH is that one heartless doll in the KH3 demo that bears a similar resemblance to Geno, but other than that, another KH game probably won't come for a long time since Square's got to work on other stuff now.

And we know that Disney owns the game. I think Disney would rather have their Pinocchio in the game than Geno.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Try not to get mixed up between the words cannon and canon, unless I'm missing a joke and it's about to go over my head. It really confuses me when people call canon "cannon".

Cannon is the artillery used in battlefields.

Canon means the law and principle of the lore it relates to.

Back to the topic, putting Geno in the Kingdom Hearts lore would really tear logic apart. Geno is even considered a Mario character, that's probably why Square doesn't even use him. If Square really wants to do an "Akira Toriyama" and create plot holes, that's all on them, but there's going to be a lot of KH fans hating Square for making a Mario character out of the blue part of the KH lore now. It really depends on which character they use, because there's ♡♪!? and there's the Geno doll. ♡♪!? is a character from the Mario universe, same with the Geno doll being part of the Mario universe; it's more likely that they'll use the Geno doll, but I don't see it happening. I think Square would rather make their own "Pinocchio" in the KH series or would rather just use Disney's Pinocchio. I believe the closest we got to Geno being in KH is that one heartless doll in the KH3 demo that bears a similar resemblance to Geno, but other than that, another KH game probably won't come for a long time since Square's got to work on other stuff now.

And we know that Disney owns the game. I think Disney would rather have their Pinocchio in the game than Geno.
It's not really a problem, as a KH Geno would not be the Mario Geno, like how the KH Squall, Lean and Yuffie are not the same as the FF Squall, Lean and Yuffie. It's an entirely different canon that does not need the past canons the characters have previously been in to justify things. Sure ♡♪!? and the Geno doll exist in the Mario universe, but there is nothing stopping Nomura from saying that they also exist in the KH universe. Also, I am pretty sure Disney would be fine with Geno's inclusion. Pinocchio has been apart of the series since game one, so they have had more than enough representation, as well as Geno and Pinocchio being very different characters despite their similar concept and Geno being inspired by Pinocchio.

I often forget about the canon thing, sorry.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
It's not really a problem, as a KH Geno would not be the Mario Geno, like how the KH Squall, Lean and Yuffie are not the same as the FF Squall, Lean and Yuffie. It's an entirely different canon that does not need the past canons the characters have previously been in to justify things. Sure ♡♪!? and the Geno doll exist in the Mario universe, but there is nothing stopping Nomura from saying that they also exist in the KH universe. Also, I am pretty sure Disney would be fine with Geno's inclusion. Pinocchio has been apart of the series since game one, so they have had more than enough representation, as well as Geno and Pinocchio being very different characters despite their similar concept and Geno being inspired by Pinocchio.

I often forget about the canon thing, sorry.
I get what you're saying now. That's actually pretty mind-blowing to realize he could also exist in the Kingdom Hearts universe as a different person, but we don't know if Nomura has authority of Geno because if he did, I'm sure he would've gave him to Sakurai. I think Nomura can ask his boss(es) if he can use Geno in Kingdom Hearts. Other than that, I'd be happy to see Geno in KH. Yeah, I totally forgot they have their own personality of FF characters in KH. But hopefully Nintendo did offer Square some $ so they could buy all the rights to SMRPG. I have a point of view where series characters deserve to be at home with their series creator company: so let's say if a Sonic character was created in a Mario x Sonic collaboration by Nintendo, I think instead of being owned by Nintendo they should go to SEGA and stay with the Sonic series; this is basically what Geno's situation is now, a Mario character that belongs in his original series and should be owned by Nintendo instead of being owned by a different company that doesn't make Mario games. Get what I'm saying? That's like the dream team right there: Cloud, Sora, and Geno. I'd love it if Nomura was granted the authority of Geno. xD

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I get what you're saying now. That's actually pretty mind-blowing to realize he could also exist in the Kingdom Hearts universe as a different person, but we don't know if Nomura has authority of Geno because if he did, I'm sure he would've gave him to Sakurai. I think Nomura can ask his boss(es) if he can use Geno in Kingdom Hearts. Other than that, I'd be happy to see Geno in KH. Yeah, I totally forgot they have their own personality of FF characters in KH. But hopefully Nintendo did offer Square some $ so they could buy all the rights to SMRPG. I have a point of view where series characters deserve to be at home with their series creator company: so let's say if a Sonic character was created in a Mario x Sonic collaboration by Nintendo, I think instead of being owned by Nintendo they should go to SEGA and stay with the Sonic series; this is basically what Geno's situation is now, a Mario character that belongs in his original series and should be owned by Nintendo instead of being owned by a different company that doesn't make Mario games. Get what I'm saying? That's like the dream team right there: Cloud, Sora, and Geno. I'd love it if Nomura was granted the authority of Geno. xD
I am not entirely sure who has authority over Geno(As anyone who logically would have is not apart of Square anymore), so I imagine Nomura would need to ask. I think he could do it, but there is likly one factor that has to come up that would be the perfect reasoning for it.
The game of introduction would likly be on a Nintendo console.
I say this because Nomura brought in The World Ends with You characters in Dream Drop Distance. The fact he decided to introduce them on the KH game that appeared on the 3DS might be a case of him figuring that if the audience are both Square fans and own a 3DS, they might have owned TWEWY on the DS at some point. If KH ever does appear on a Nintendo system again, besides TWEWY, what is another thing both Square and Nintendo fans can associate with? Geno. And that is not even going into more spoiler based theory crafting I have relating to the events that unfolded in KH3.

And yes, I understand that reasoning. I guess back then Square needed more out of the deal than just them making the game, so Nintendo figured giving them the oc's was a fair trade. I would not say this was inherently selfish of Square, as both parties likely went into the deal expecting to make plenty of sequels, but it has certainly led to problems.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
And yes, I understand that reasoning. I guess back then Square needed more out of the deal than just them making the game, so Nintendo figured giving them the oc's was a fair trade. I would not say this was inherently selfish of Square, as both parties likely went into the deal expecting to make plenty of sequels, but it has certainly led to problems.
Yeah, I think it's evident by Paper Mario being SMRPG2 before Square dropped out of Nintendo that Geno and Mallow were probably planned to be used more. Of course, what happened has happened, and now we're years down the line without any fruit for them. They may think that now, it's been far too long and it's far too late... or they'll revisit past ideas and make something new with our boys.

Hopefully, it'll be the latter.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I just realized we are two pages away from being 100 pages behind the Isaac thread. How great is that? Still a ways to go before we can catch up though.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I’m always a little confused by the Square hate. Yeah they’ve done a lot of wrong and are profit driven like any other third party.

But with Geno, what have they done to deserve any ire from the fans? They’ve given him over as far as we know when he’s been asked for (Mii Costume and Spirit) in Modern games and haven’t really stopped Super Mario RPG from re-releasing in any form.

Like people can lament Nintendo not owning Geno all they want, but I don’t see how Square’s responsible for anything there. I’m sure that was just the original agreement drawn up years ago and nothing more was thought of it.

Smash is Nintnedo’s game and Geno would be to Nintendo’s direct benefit to include, they have to be the ones to ask Square for him as playable. And so far, Square has seemed completely cooperative with Super Mario RPG content as far as we know.

Nintnedo’s the one to look to with disappointed eyes, even if Square does lots of other problematic things.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think it's evident by Paper Mario being SMRPG2 before Square dropped out of Nintendo that Geno and Mallow were probably planned to be used more. Of course, what happened has happened, and now we're years down the line without any fruit for them. They may think that now, it's been far too long and it's far too late... or they'll revisit past ideas and make something new with our boys.

I swear, Twink had to've originally been ♡♪!?. ♡♪!? being the original Twink probably didn't work out because of him being owned by Square, and also the rumor going around that Nintendo wanted a portrait of Geno in Paper Mario 64 but not working out because of copyright issues with Square.

It's mean of me to say this... and I know there's going to be people going against my opinion on this, which is totally fine, but I really wish SquareSoft stayed with Nintendo. SquareSoft and Nintendo would've made some of the best crossovers and games in history, and we probably would've gotten a whole SMRPG trilogy by 2004 or 2007. If the N64 had the capability to run FF7, they probably would've stayed with Nintendo for the rest of their gaming market days, and I doubt Square would've merged with Evil-- I mean, uh, Enix. Gosh, you know what? I wish Nintendo bought SquareSoft. In my opinion, Nintendo buying SquareSoft probably would've been the best thing that ever happened to Nintendo and Square: FF devs, Nomura, AlphaDream, and Monolith Soft making Final Fantasy; Square and Intelligent Systems making Paper Mario; Square, AlphaDream, and Nintendo continuing the Super Mario RPG series; Square and Nintendo making a crossover of Legend of Zelda x Final Fantasy; the possibilities are ****ing endless. Stephen Hawking, if you are right about there being an unlimited amount of universes and there's one out there of Nintendo buying SquareSoft, please take me there.
I typed all this while listening to the Yu-Gi-Oh opening for 20 minutes... typing this felt suspenseful and powerful. LOL

If SquareSoft got bought out by Nintendo, we probably would've seen Cloud or Geno as early as Melee or Brawl. Remember that Geno and Mallow did make it in an old Melee poll, so perhaps we could've seen Geno and Mallow be their own separate characters and could've been the Mario reps of Brawl, or maybe Geno could've shown up in Brawl and Mallow could've shown up in Smash 3DS/Wii U or Ultimate. :/

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I’m always a little confused by the Square hate. Yeah they’ve done a lot of wrong and are profit driven like any other third party.

But with Geno, what have they done to deserve any ire from the fans? They’ve given him over as far as we know when he’s been asked for (Mii Costume and Spirit) in Modern games and haven’t really stopped Super Mario RPG from re-releasing in any form.

Like people can lament Nintendo not owning Geno all they want, but I don’t see how Square’s responsible for anything there. I’m sure that was just the original agreement drawn up years ago and nothing more was thought of it.

Smash is Nintnedo’s game and Geno would be to Nintendo’s direct benefit to include, they have to be the ones to ask Square for him as playable. And so far, Square has seemed completely cooperative with Super Mario RPG content as far as we know.

Nintnedo’s the one to look to with disappointed eyes, even if Square does lots of other problematic things.
Oh no, I completely agree with that. I hope my ire for Square hasn't come off as being because of Geno's situation. That stuff is so sticky to begin with. It's Square's general practices for a loooot of things that makes me dislike them as a company. That being said, their lack of listening to fans doesn't include Geno just yet, I think. It's mostly me basing that off of prior experience with Square and fearing that our cries for Geno will fall on deaf ears.

Even so, yeah, Nintendo has a lot of my disappointment right now. Square, when it comes to Geno, just has my cynicism. Nintendo, however, is who I'm shaking my head at. I still think Geno's chances would have been way higher if NoJ hadn't decided to choose the DLC instead.

D

Deleted member

You know, I just realized we are two pages away from being 100 pages behind the Isaac thread. How great is that? Still a ways to go before we can catch up though.
Speaking of Isaac...

I've been playing Golden Sun this week and my goodness what a game it is. I still love the Mother series and SMRPG more, but, still, GS is such a good game.

I strongly recommend you guys play it if you haven't already.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Excuse me, I am just testing something.

Grrr, I am super mad about a thing!:mad:

Edit: Huh, I thought I would have gotten a trophy for that.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
It's Square's general practices for a loooot of things that makes me dislike them as a company.
Square - the company that won't give you anything unless you give them a 5-star dinner, fresh potato salad, a drink from the fountain of youth, and a tasty Scandinavian dessert.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Social Thread kinda brushed off my Question so I'm gonna ask it here. As I was playing some Classic mode I thought of an Interesting question, So you know how there's sometimes Cut Characters who were heavily considered, do y'all think Sakurai still has those cut Movesets?

for example let's say Geno gets in as Misc/Season 2 DLC we all know he was heavily considered right, Do y'all think Geno would use the Moveset Sakurai made for him all the way back in Brawl or would he use a New Moveset?

D

Deleted member

The Social Thread kinda brushed off my Question so I'm gonna ask it here. As I was playing some Classic mode I thought of an Interesting question, So you know how there's sometimes Cut Characters who were heavily considered, do y'all think Sakurai still has those cut Movesets?

for example let's say Geno gets in as Misc/Season 2 DLC we all know he was heavily considered right, Do y'all think Geno would use the Moveset Sakurai made for him all the way back in Brawl or would he use a New Moveset?
I think he'd use the moveset he already came up with

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!

I think he keeps the movesets just in case for the future. The way I see it, he'd probably just reevaluate the old moveset and see if he's still satisfied with it. If not, he would make the necessary tweaks.

D

Deleted member

I think he'd use the moveset he already came up with
I mean we can all assume he would keep the Moveset he had planned cause why wouldn't he? but there's nothing making that guaranteed, He or his co-workers could've thrown out the moveset plans for all we know.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
While I wont disagree on the fact of hating Geno, we don't know if there has ever been a deal for buying SMRPG, let alone if it's crazy expensive.
Knowing Square offering something, it's probably through the roof. Even characters they don't even use at all or haven't used in years are expensive. One SMRPG character is probably worth millions, and the whole series itself and characters are probably in the billions because it's an entire series. Nintendo has enough money, they could probably even buy all of Square if they were up for an offer from Square, it's just that Nintendo themselves (unless they've already done it and haven't told us) don't see the need to buy the rights to SMRPG right now since they're focused on other things; Nintendo buying Square would be quite the odd outcome if that happened, especially since both are recovering after a <20 year harsh relationship. If Reggie (up until April 15) or Doug Bowser wanted to accept an offer from Square to buy the entire rights to SMRPG, I think he'll definitely have to get the NoJ president himself to be in on the offering from Square, too.

I know this is very unlikely, but before the day or week Reggie retires, what if he had one last special gift for all Nintendo fans? What if Reggie's final gift for us was getting the entire rights to SMRPG for Nintendo? I'd thank him so much if he did that, and either way I'm still thanking him after all the great and fun things he's done for us. And honestly, him doing would definitely be the best early Christmas gift ever.

I still can't believe Reggie is retiring. : (

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace

Push for both companies to hear your plea.

Knowing Square offering something, it's probably through the roof. Even characters they don't even use at all or haven't used in years are expensive. One SMRPG character is probably worth millions, and the whole series itself and characters are probably in the billions because it's an entire series. Nintendo has enough money, they could probably even buy all of Square if they were up for an offer from Square, it's just that Nintendo themselves (unless they've already done it and haven't told us) don't see the need to buy the rights to SMRPG right now since they're focused on other things; Nintendo buying Square would be quite the odd outcome if that happened, especially since both are recovering after a <20 year harsh relationship. If Reggie (up until April 15) or Doug Bowser wanted to accept an offer from Square to buy the entire rights to SMRPG, I think he'll definitely have to get the NoJ president himself to be in on the offering from Square, too.

I know this is very unlikely, but before the day or week Reggie retires, what if he had one last special gift for all Nintendo fans? What if Reggie's final gift for us was getting the entire rights to SMRPG for Nintendo? I'd thank him so much if he did that, and either way I'm still thanking him after all the great and fun things he's done for us. And honestly, him doing would definitely be the best early Christmas gift ever.

I still can't believe Reggie is retiring. : (
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I really doubt he would have a SMRPG surprise to close off his career at Nintendo.
I do, however, believe that he will end the meme that he was a part of regarding the Mother 3 localization. THAT I can see happening.

And dude, I think you might be overestimating the situation here. One SMRPG character is hardly worth millions. That's not how they roll either. Yes, their demands are above the average of the industry, but this is a bit too much. What I can say as someone who followed their path for decades is that their business practices and development philosophy is downright disappointing. Selling FFXV as a "game as a service" was a way for them to extra cash on a game that was launched incomplete, their press conferences are awful, they announce games way too early in development only for them to take way longer than necessary to complete a game (only for it to feel rushed in the end, ironically), and as a fan more classic-oriented, S-E has failed to deliver anything that resembles their design philosophy of the pre-merger days (except DQ, but that is the case bc that team is by far the most independent of the company).

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Push for both companies to hear your plea.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I really doubt he would have a SMRPG surprise to close off his career at Nintendo.
I do, however, believe that he will end the meme that he was a part of regarding the Mother 3 localization. THAT I can see happening.

And dude, I think you might be overestimating the situation here. One SMRPG character is hardly worth millions. That's not how they roll either. Yes, their demands are above the average of the industry, but this is a bit too much. What I can say as someone who followed their path for decades is that their business practices and development philosophy is downright disappointing. Selling FFXV as a "game as a service" was a way for them to extra cash on a game that was launched incomplete, their press conferences are awful, they announce games way too early in development only for them to take way longer than necessary to complete a game (only for it to feel rushed in the end, ironically), and as a fan more classic-oriented, S-E has failed to deliver anything that resembles their design philosophy of the pre-merger days (except DQ, but that is the case bc that team is by far the most independent of the company).
Yeah, they're both equally as important. Also, I agree on Reggie maybe using Mother 3 to close his career, but definitely not SMRPG.

That being said, as rough as things seem to be for Mallow and Geno, I doubt they cost that much either. They're expensive, I'm sure, but millions to use one character for even a small cameo or something is a huge stretch. Even Square isn't that bad.

D

Deleted member

Depends. There are so many different movesets now to where some just might overlap with Geno's Brawl structure. We don't know what his moveset was back in the day so there's no real answer to this question.

CranberryBreve

Smash Rookie
Does anyone else think that it is kind of strange that Nintendo has given out 7 Square names? Though I could be falling victim to confirmation bias, I can’t help but to wonder if the seven squares thing is an internal nod to Geno.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Does anyone else think that it is kind of strange that Nintendo has given out 7 Square names? Though I could be falling victim to confirmation bias, I can’t help but to wonder if the seven squares thing is an internal nod to Geno.
Nintendo hasn’t given them out though, it’s a leaked list and probably not even official (unless it’s official leakbait)

CranberryBreve

Smash Rookie
Nintendo hasn’t given them out though, it’s a leaked list and probably not even official (unless it’s official leakbait)
Right that’s why I am saying it is an internal nod. When I say given out I mean they have given the names out to their employees.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Right that’s why I am saying it is an internal nod. When I say given out I mean they have given the names out to their employees.
We don’t even know that much. What we know is that they’re names given out to insiders. The likelihood of it being a nod to SMRPG is near impossible.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
We don't know what the rest of the DLC is.

It won't be the end of the world if Geno won't be picked this time, since there's a gorillion video game characters that would take priority over him, let alone from SE. And there really aren't that many SE characters people want to strongly rally behind, so if anything that increases chances for people and Nintendo to gradually notice him, especially if main Mario character picks run dry. It doesn't matter how much you try to ignore the elephant in the room, sooner or later you'll have to get it out to clear some space. And like SPEN18 SPEN18 and Ura Ura suggested, chances are Sakurai could not have rejected Nintendo's first five suggestions unless he had a good reason, so odds of them being Geno are low in such a circumstance,

Also, I have still no idea what PolarPanda said recently and I've been out all evening, so can someone please do a recap?

Last edited:

CranberryBreve

Smash Rookie
We don’t even know that much. What we know is that they’re names given out to insiders. The likelihood of it being a nod to SMRPG is near impossible.
I mean like you said, we don’t know that much so I don’t think we can commit to saying how likely or unlikely it is. I’m just speculating...

osby

Smash Obsessed
Plot twist: Reggie retired so that people can stop with bothering him for Mother 3 localization.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Pokemon news in the next few weeks, so March. Which... Is exactly was I expected so I dunno.
Oh, I had heard in the Banjo thread that some rumor about an SE character detail was brought up. Damned telephone game...:facepalm:

Plot twist: Reggie retired so that people can stop with bothering him for Mother 3 localization.
Bowser's gonna take the fall for that now.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You're talking about the company that thinks that millions is underperforming, and are stingy as heck.
Hell, one single movie was enough to get them in trouble to the point of doing a merger with TWO companies. Meanwhile, Nintendo took the Super Mario Bros. movie flop like a champ, and that was in the early 90s.

If we even get an SE character in the DLC round at all, it wasn't due to Sakurai arm-twisting them, but having a full-on wrestling match with them.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Hell, one single movie was enough to get them in trouble to the point of doing a merger with TWO companies. Meanwhile, Nintendo took the Super Mario Bros. movie flop like a champ, and that was in the early 90s.

If we even get an SE character in the DLC round at all, it wasn't due to Sakurai arm-twisting them, but having a full-on wrestling match with them.
Honestly, if NoJ didn't ask them for Geno, it's because they likely knew what SE's response would be.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Pokemon news in the next few weeks, so March. Which... Is exactly was I expected so I dunno.
A couple of things on this:

-Many people are expecting at least a teaser by the end of the week because both the official Pokemon Facebook and Twitter accounts have been going through all the regions with one a day and a new region would hypothetically start on Pokemon Day. People also expect this because, in retrospect, Pokemon Let's Go was teased last Pokemon Day.

-Apparently a Chinese Twitter account that leaked Gen 7 claims they've seen enough developmental material for Gen 8 to note that it's "refreshing" and more or less claims that there will be a lot of changes but it won't be a hard reboot.

-Of rumors floating around, the most popular concerning the new region claim it will either be based on the UK (England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland) or the American Southeast (supposedly Texas and Arizona being the biggest sources of inspiration). Neither are really upheld by anyone credible, however.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A couple of things on this:

-Many people are expecting at least a teaser by the end of the week because both the official Pokemon Facebook and Twitter accounts have been going through all the regions with one a day and a new region would hypothetically start on Pokemon Day. People also expect this because, in retrospect, Pokemon Let's Go was teased last Pokemon Day.

-Apparently a Chinese Twitter account that leaked Gen 7 claims they've seen enough developmental material for Gen 8 to note that it's "refreshing" and more or less claims that there will be a lot of changes but it won't be a hard reboot.

-Of rumors floating around, the most popular concerning the new region claim it will either be based on the UK (England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland) or the American Southeast (supposedly Texas and Arizona being the biggest sources of inspiration). Neither are really upheld by anyone credible, however.
Pokémon Day this year is on this Wednesday, so in theory it won't be long until we hear of something. Should provide some decent news for this month besides the Direct we got earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom