• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Don’t really know how to check how many posts I’ve made since Im on mobile. But I guess it’s probably more than 12.
Honestly, I probably should change my icon to something different. I love you, banana duck, but... I gotta show support for my good star boy.

... It'd be so hard to change from duck pal, though...
I miss duck pal. Great art though.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Happy (late :'D) 800 pages everyone!! We're such an active character support thread and I love it. :'))) Here's to 1000!

Holy **** you drew that in less than a day and it looks awesome. I wish I could art as good. Also what program(s) do you use?
I second this. What device(s) too?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/rumour_nintendo_has_plans_to_revive_a_dead_and_buried_game
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/former_platinumgames_producer_pooh-poohs_scalebound_rumour

If there truly is a cancelled game coming, then Scalebound isn't it. The process of elimination is going to be difficult...

I'd actually be okay with Dr. Mario not gonna lie.
Agreed. Doctor Mario is the only Mario clone I would be okay with in Mario Kart cause he actually represents his own mini series within the Mario franchise. Doc is cool.
Yeah, I'm fine with him. Besides, he is still getting games. If anything, I'd trade at least one of the excessive clones for a virus, too.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Now that I think about it, if Diddy and Dixie were a tag team, they probably would've been cut or split into two in Smash 4.
Diddy would have stayed, while Dixie would be cut. Than they would both be together again for ''Everyone Is Here!'' in Ultimate. That's kind of how I see how that alternate reality would have gone down had that happen.

Since Banjo first appeared in Diddy Kong Racing, how awesome would it be to see him make a debut in Mario Kart 9?
Or Nintendo decides to remake the unreleased Donkey Kong Racing and they include Banjo with Microsoft and Phil Spencer's permission of course.

Happy (late :'D) 800 pages everyone!! We're such an active character support thread and I love it. :'))) Here's to 1000!
We are just 80 pages away from passing the Brawl thread twice. Isn't that amazing and crazy.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I need to find more Winnie the Pooh avatars to switch to. I can't draw worth a dang so I need to find all mine

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Does anyone have the post where Polar said her source mentioned two fan favorites?

I just want to know if this is legit or not.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Oh gosh, so many positive responses to my pfp. Thank you guys so much! As for programs and devices, I use a Wacom Bamboo Fun (that I should probably replace with a newer model that isn't... defunct and no longer supported lmao, but what is money) and Paint Tool SAI (version 2, specifically) with a touch of Photoshop for extra adjustments. I occasionally use Medibang, too.

Anyway, boy, I had a really rough dream last night. Well, the dream itself wasn't, but waking up from it was.

It was a Nintendo direct that had aired on the 2nd of this month instead of the 13rd. (Very weird date, but okay.) They showcased that Erdrick was a Mii costume, and I was a mix of, "Wow, holy hell, I feel so bad for his fans," and, "Geno still has a chance in the first wave then? What the heck?!" Then, however, they showed Geno's Mii costume returning with a helmet option to make it look more like him. They also noted that with customizable moves on the Mii Gunner and customizable voices (or a lack thereof), you can make Geno as close to the real thing as you can get, if you so choose. I was sad, realizing this was probably a massive deconfirmation, given they were going out of their way to be like, "Hey, this is as close as you can get to playing Geno. Sorry, this is all we can do."

But then... they said those magic words:

"... but this isn't what you want, is it?"

They showed the real Geno step in to approach the fake, Mii Gunner Geno, and I shrieked. He was in. He played pretty similarly to Legacy XP's Geno, mainly with some move mechanics being tweaked and effects looking different. He had an oddly... very deep voice, but I couldn't even bring myself to care. He was in. I went to Smashboards to yell and holler and celebrate, but then I realized... this is probably a dream, huh? It's happened before. I looked up his DLC in Smash Ultimate, and it was slated for a Feb. 14th release, separate from the Fighter's Pass. I was bouncing up and down and going, "Oh my god, it isn't a dream. IT'S REAL THIS TIME. HE'S FINALLY HOME."

Then I woke up.

... yeah. That was brutal.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Oh gosh, so many positive responses to my pfp. Thank you guys so much! As for programs and devices, I use a Wacom Bamboo Fun (that I should probably replace with a newer model that isn't... defunct and no longer supported lmao, but what is money) and Paint Tool SAI (version 2, specifically) with a touch of Photoshop for extra adjustments. I occasionally use Medibang, too.

Anyway, boy, I had a really rough dream last night. Well, the dream itself wasn't, but waking up from it was.

It was a Nintendo direct that had aired on the 2nd of this month instead of the 13rd. (Very weird date, but okay.) They showcased that Erdrick was a Mii costume, and I was a mix of, "Wow, holy hell, I feel so bad for his fans," and, "Geno still has a chance in the first wave then? What the heck?!" Then, however, they showed Geno's Mii costume returning with a helmet option to make it look more like him. They also noted that with customizable moves on the Mii Gunner and customizable voices (or a lack thereof), you can make Geno as close to the real thing as you can get, if you so choose. I was sad, realizing this was probably a massive deconfirmation, given they were going out of their way to be like, "Hey, this is as close as you can get to playing Geno. Sorry, this is all we can do."

But then... they said those magic words:

"... but this isn't what you want, is it?"

They showed the real Geno step in to approach the fake, Mii Gunner Geno, and I shrieked. He was in. He played pretty similarly to Legacy XP's Geno, mainly with some move mechanics being tweaked and effects looking different. He had an oddly... very deep voice, but I couldn't even bring myself to care. He was in. I went to Smashboards to yell and holler and celebrate, but then I realized... this is probably a dream, huh? It's happened before. I looked up his DLC in Smash Ultimate, and it was slated for a Feb. 14th release, separate from the Fighter's Pass. I was bouncing up and down and going, "Oh my god, it isn't a dream. IT'S REAL THIS TIME. HE'S FINALLY HOME."

Then I woke up.

... yeah. That was brutal.
I had a dream once where they were hyping up a huge Geno reveal and it was just the Mii Costume.

They acted completely normal about it like “Nope this is Geno, See this reveal trailer? It’s totes Geno.”

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I had a dream once where they were hyping up a huge Geno reveal and it was just the Mii Costume.

They acted completely normal about it like “Nope this is Geno, See this reveal trailer? It’s totes Geno.”
That is evil. That is just plain evil. :drsad:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I never have Geno dreams like the rest of you guys. Or that many bad dreams. Just really weird or wholesome dreams.

D

Deleted member

I never have any Nintendo direct dreams. I just have pretty weird dreams that I forget about when I wake up.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I never have Geno dreams like the rest of you guys. Or that many bad dreams. Just really weird or wholesome dreams.
As much as I am invested in smash. I never dream of smash. Like the other night I dreamed I was driving through a mall in an elevator running over zombies.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
That is evil. That is just plain evil. :drsad:
Also had one of Ninten being confirmed as the second character. But a little afterwards I realized that something was off about it and then I woke up very dissapointed.

Don’t disappoint me Nintendo plz.

D

Deleted member

Who needs to dream about Geno when you can exorcise a deadly spirit possessing a financially rich adolescent? (This is based off of Mob Psycho 100)

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Honestly, I don’t see Geno or Banjo ever showing up beyond Smash. Maybe Geno in the event of another Super Mario RPG with Square...

But, as difficult as they are to get involved in anything, I just don’t see them as priorities for any other spinoff series. It just doesn’t feel realistic to pull these big crossover events into other series when Smash is the main one that has the huge context of being the big crossover where Sakurai and co. make the huge efforts to include characters.

Getting them for Mario Kart or Mario Tennis or whatever is a nice idea, but I think it’s largely unrealistic and I don’t see Nintendo going for all that effort when Smash is the much bigger payoff for those characters given you actually get to represent them properly and uniquely.

To me it’d feel more like a waste to see Geno or Banjo in Kart cause fundamentally characters don’t get to be much in that game. And also Kart can’t even get the Nintendo properties proper representation at times... soooo

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Honestly, I don’t see Geno or Banjo ever showing up beyond Smash. Maybe Geno in the event of another Super Mario RPG with Square...

But, as difficult as they are to get involved in anything, I just don’t see them as priorities for any other spinoff series. It just doesn’t feel realistic to pull these big crossover events into other series when Smash is the main one that has the huge context of being the big crossover where Sakurai and co. make the huge efforts to include characters.

Getting them for Mario Kart or Mario Tennis or whatever is a nice idea, but I think it’s largely unrealistic and I don’t see Nintendo going for all that effort when Smash is the much bigger payoff for those characters given you actually get to represent them properly and uniquely.

To me it’d feel more like a waste to see Geno or Banjo in Kart cause fundamentally characters don’t get to be much in that game. And also Kart can’t even get the Nintendo properties proper representation at times... soooo
I agree hugely when it comes to Banjo, at the very least. I don't see him making any returns outside of his own series, and even then, his series is dead in the water. With the way Rare is, too, there's not much of a chance for a great comeback. Even with the outcry, Rare is not what it used to be. Unless they outsourced to, like, Retro Studios, it ain't happening, and the chance of that is nigh impossible. Outside of Smash, my hopes for Banjo are nil.

When it comes to Geno and Mallow, though, I have to respectfully disagree. Not only is there the possibility of Square, Nintendo, and maybe AlphaDream coming together to make a game starring them again, but there is also the idea of Square making more Mario sports crossovers. Back in the day, I don't think they realized Geno's popularity, but now that they're going as far as potentially using him as leak bait, I think they're finally aware. If we get a new Fortune Street or Sports Mix game of some kind, I'd be shocked if Geno and Mallow, at least the former, didn't make it in after all of this hubbub. We wouldn't even have to worry about DLC in this case either, given it'd be Square developing it.

Kart and Tennis is more unrealistic, I agree. That being said, they at least made some small strides with fan favorites, such as including Pauline in Aces. I'm a Pauline fan, and that was a pretty darn big deal to me. Geno and Mallow, however, are third parties, which makes it that much more difficult. It's not out of the question... but it is more unlikely than a new SMRPG-type effort or a Square-developed crossover.

At the very least, Mario ain't dying as a series any time soon, and Square and Nintendo have finally made some amends. Unlike Banjo, they at least have the ability to do something if and only if they respond to fan outcry. Banjo doesn't even have that feasibility.

Ingenious!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2810-4113-1684
Switch FC
SW 8436 9508 1692
My icon is changed. Full res here.

Geno loves ducks.
THAt PFP, its so pure im going to cry I still bow to your art superiority *bows*. and speaking of Geno dreams, I once had a dream where Me, Geno and Mallow went camping. Had a good time and Mallow caught a big cheep cheep, it was nice...

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I agree with Geno, but I think Microsoft is bound to do an actual Banjo-Threeie down the line. They’re getting way savvier about what gamers actually want (as seen with Battletoads returning), and Banjo is still a huge deal.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The other night, I had an unrelated Smash reveal that was hard to make out, except for an unusually sinister Panther Caroso trying to grievously injure Fox at the level of his hip, right above the boot for one of his legs.

Well, it's an improvement from the "clockwork Wario boss battle" match dream.

The guy doesn't even work at Platinum anymore. We can't even be sure on that yet.
Maybe there's some top secret details he wasn't made privy to, so who knows…

I agree with Geno, but I think Microsoft is bound to do an actual Banjo-Threeie down the line. They’re getting way savvier about what gamers actually want (as seen with Battletoads returning), and Banjo is still a huge deal.
That'd be nice. Plus revivals don't even need the original devs for those to happen, as Monster Boy, Windjammers, ToeJam & Earl and Streets of Rage prove.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Does anyone have the post where Polar said her source mentioned two fan favorites?

I just want to know if this is legit or not.
I was thinking about this too. Not exactly sure when it was said about fan favorites. I only know of the allegedly there were water cooler talks about Geno in early November but that hasn't really showed up since then.

The two fan favorites thing is new to me.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I wish I had more Smash dreams or cool dreams in general.

Lately my dreams have just been weird, meh, or I just have no dream at all. Rarely my dreams have a dark scene in them, like something you'd find from a low-budget horror movie or weird horror-parody, sometimes worse; it doesn't turn into a nightmare, I just eventually wake up wishing the dream didn't occur. Lately that hasn't happened though, just more "meh" and nothing, or at least nothing I can remember.

I remember having a dream nearly every night; during the Smash 4 speculation cycle, I wasn't really here much save for some posts on the Ice Climbers thread and a thread where you just posted funny images related to Smash 4, mainly based off of the "Pic of the Day" posts by Sakurai; however, I did see different information here and there, including the Gematsu leak, and I had a dream with Pac-Man, a character I really like. For some reason it started out as some Minecraft playtime with a bunch of cats running around in the game, but then it switched to me seeing a picture of the classic Pac-Man shape as the Pic of the Day image.

I don't remember exactly what the image in my dream was, but the Pic of the Day image that was uploaded to the Smash 4 site on the day Pac-Man was revealed seemed like it may have been very close, if not exact; but to be fair, Pac-Man's classic shape is rather generic.

D

Deleted member

If we're talking dreams, I had a dream two nights back about Banjo being revealed for Smash. So it was E3 and it was Nintendo's Presentation everything was being shown off (I forgot what all was shown off) but near the end there was a trailer for Banjo in Smash and as they were talking about it they revealed Steve and Master Chief as a Mii costume and Assist trophy respectively.

Then right before the Presentation was finishing up they revealed Banjo-Threeie was coming to the Switch as an Exclusive, the team behind it was Playtonic and Rare with a release date of September 21st 2019, I remember tearing up cause I was so happy then I got so excited I woke up. I wish that dream would come true, with an Additional SMRPG Remake in the style of the LA Remake and Geno in Smash of course.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Least fun characters to play against (updated):
1) Diddy Kong
2) Diddy Kong
3) Diddy Kong
4) Diddy Kong
5) Diddy Kong

I just lost 700,000 GSP to a Diddy Kong over the course of several matches. He vastly outclassed me, and he's probably the worst matchup against Roy. You can't combo because he's too short so my sword misses every time, he has combos you literally can't escape from, and he always keeps you in the air so he can just punish everything you do with bananas or grabs or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom