• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Looking at the list of leaked spirits I've noticed a couple of things.

First, a bunch of Link and Zelda incarnations. The fact that Alfonzo replaces Conductor Link regardless of which Link is on the screen would seem to point to the attitude that such a thing would be impossible in a scenario where Spirits deconfirm characters.

Second, and most important, is the existence of this View attachment 179926 guy right here. This Spirit is called Pit (Original). Unlike the Links, unlike all of K. Rool's costumes and every other naysaying opinion we have to contend with regarding Spirits, this is the exact same character as the Pit we have in the game. There's no alternate timeline stuff going on in the Kid Icarus universe--Pit is Pit.

This opens up an avenue where a character's original art, let's say for example an isometric render from the 90s, can have its own Spirit alongside the modern design for a character with no conflicts.

From this point forward I don't want to see anyone saying Spirits deconfirm characters until the day they remove Pit from the game.
But then how can we get pity by indirectly claiming the devs are snubbing us?

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Well, Verge can't deny or approve the people that say Geno isn't the Square rep because if he does, then he's going to be getting Square employees in trouble. It's an answer if he either denies or approves, and that means it'll still get an employee or two in trouble. He knows he's being observed by Square employees, so all he can do right now is sit back and watch without saying a word. Verge did mention Geno and gave a small hint about him, so think about that.

However, PolarPanda PolarPanda doesn't want us trusting insiders at the moment, and I'll take his word.
Lol. I got ahold of some info from Verge. He doesn't think Geno is deconfirmed, but he's pretty sure he's not in. I'll post the gist here, but I'll try and find a more private way of doing it. One second.

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Yeah this is still something that really perplexes me that a lot of people more or less stopped talking about. Who the hell else could Sakurai been referring to with this toy other than Geno? The only other reasonable thing I can think of is Inkling but even then their guns aren't that good of a match to the toy.
Maybe it was a custom robo rep? I really want RAY 01 In!

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Okay. Here's what I will do. I'm not sharing these DMs.

Sephiroth, Crono, and DQ characters are the 3 he heard most. The DQ characters include Erdrick, Luminary who is the DQ11 protagonist, and Slime. He only heard Slime from 1 person. That's 5 of the characters right there. Geno is the sixth. He's heard Geno but he was told to "not take him too seriously". The seventh character, Sora, he said "was told to him as NOT in the game". If Geno was deconfirmed, he would have said the same thing he did with Sora. So, in total, the names are:

-Sephiroth
-Crono
-DQ reps
-Geno
-Sora (who is NOT in)

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Well I certainly wouldn't buy Sephiroth, that's for sure.

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
Okay. Here's what I will do. I'm not sharing these DMs with everybody, I will share them with a few trusted members like Fatmanonice. DM me and I may share them with you only if I trust you enough. But I will, however, tell you the list of characters Verge mentioned.

Sephiroth, Crono, and DQ characters are the 3 he heard most. The DQ characters include Erdrick, Luminary who is the DQ11 protagonist, and Slime. He only heard Slime from 1 person. That's 5 of the characters right there. Geno is the sixth. He's heard Geno but he was told to "not take him too seriously". This sounds like bias, personally. The seventh character, Sora, he said "was told to him as NOT in the game". If Geno was deconfirmed, he would have said the same thing he did with Sora. However, ofc, it seems like his bias puts him on iffy terms with Geno, but it's still noteworthy that he's heard Geno. Which matches my source. So, in total, the names are:

-Sephiroth
-Crono
-Erdrick
-Luminary (Dq11)
-Slime
-Geno
-Sora (who is NOT in)
Thanks again for providing another piece of info.

And, well, that's what I expected tbh. I'm surprised that Crono was mentioned the most from his sources, considering that SE probably doesn't remember him. Also I agree with you on how Verge acts biased towards Geno, but that's old news and what really matters is that he actually mentioned him more than once.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, this PM might be the evidence that could potentially hint Geno is the Square rep.

D

Deleted member

Okay. Here's what I will do. I'm not sharing these DMs with everybody, I will share them with a few trusted members like Fatmanonice. DM me and I may share them with you only if I trust you enough. But I will, however, tell you the list of characters Verge mentioned.

Sephiroth, Crono, and DQ characters are the 3 he heard most. The DQ characters include Erdrick, Luminary who is the DQ11 protagonist, and Slime. He only heard Slime from 1 person. That's 5 of the characters right there. Geno is the sixth. He's heard Geno but he was told to "not take him too seriously". This sounds like bias, personally. The seventh character, Sora, he said "was told to him as NOT in the game". If Geno was deconfirmed, he would have said the same thing he did with Sora. However, ofc, it seems like his bias puts him on iffy terms with Geno, but it's still noteworthy that he's heard Geno. Which matches my source. So, in total, the names are:

-Sephiroth
-Crono
-Erdrick
-Luminary (Dq11)
-Slime
-Geno
-Sora (who is NOT in)
Maybe he was told to "not take Geno too seriously" because Geno is the Square Enix rep...

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Maybe he was told to "not take Geno too seriously" because Geno is the Square Enix rep...
More likely, he was told that by someone who thought it wouldn't happen. All of those names aside from Sora are equally likely probably, but he was told Geno less because everyone sleeps on Geno.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
So Crono, Erdrick, Geno, Luminary, Sephiroth or Slime.

Erdrick/Luminary/Slime would add the next big 80s Japanese game franchise.
Sephiroth/Crono would help complete the GameFAQs Noble Nine.
Geno would make Smash fans the most happy.

To be honest, I'm pretty okay with all the possible outcomes but Geno followed by Crono are who I want the most. Though I still think Erdrick is the most likely.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord

-Sephiroth
-Crono
-Erdrick
-Luminary (Dq11)
-Slime
-Geno
-Sora (who is NOT in)
Wait, don't taking him too seriously? That could be "Take it calmly" :4pacman:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Why do you say that? Square just put out the PC port this year. It's also been ported to basically every platform imaginable.
Not really? It’s certainly been ported a bit more recently, but “PS1, PS3, DS, Wii, mobile, and PC” isn’t exactly “every platform imaginable”, especially in more recent years.

HMpoweredMan

Smash Cadet
To be honest, I'm pretty okay with all the possible outcomes but Geno followed by Crono are who I want the most. Though I still think Erdrick is the most likely.
I'd love to have Crono in but there are way too many 'Sword Guy ™️' in smash. Too much Fire Emblem rep spoiled it for the rest of the sword guys. Geno would give use a more unique playstyle although for Crono to be done right his final smash would have to include other party members for a triple tech. I suppose Lumaire could be his final smash. A lightning magic caster would be cool to see though. His B could be Lightning 1 but that's basically Pickachu's Down B. his Over B could be cyclone. His up B could be a warp that if held down would be delayed. Something like entering a time portal and when held for a moment and appearing later. I don't know how else you could implement a time travel ability. They could do something with his doppelganger too.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If Dragon Quest was more prominent on Nintendo systems and had more presence outside of Japan and didn't have all the legal BS surrounding it, I'd be more inclined to believe that possibility. The fact that only Geno and Mallow spirits made it into Ultimate alongside Cloud tells me that is all Nintendo and Sakurai were negotiating for DLC purposes.

Robertroid

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to have Crono in but there are way too many 'Sword Guy ™️' in smash. Too much Fire Emblem rep spoiled it for the rest of the sword guys. Geno would give use a more unique playstyle although for Crono to be done right his final smash would have to include other party members for a triple tech. I suppose Lumaire could be his final smash. A lightning magic caster would be cool to see though. His B could be Lightning 1 but that's basically Pickachu's Down B. his Over B could be cyclone. His up B could be a warp that if held down would be delayed. Something like entering a time portal and when held for a moment and appearing later. I don't know how else you could implement a time travel ability. They could do something with his doppelganger too.
But maaaan, Crono's Up-B screams Spincut! :C

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Out of all of those Square-Enix characters, I would want Geno the most. But I would be satisfied with Sephiroth as well, and maybe his inclusion would open the door for other 3rd party villains I want like Dr. Eggman and M. Bison to join the fray. I think if Square-Enix were actually willing to give us Sephiroth, then Sega and Capcom would be more than willing to give us Dr. Eggman and M. Bison.

My theory is still it's either going to be DQ or Geno.
I believe that too.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I'd be super stoked about Crono, Chrono Trigger is one hell of a game. Sad to hear that Neku hasn't been thrown around (even though that's completely what I expected). I'm not really convinced that it's anyone other than Geno though.

Potatu

Smash Apprentice
Lmao Sephiroth, doesn't seem worth it. He'd bring 1 or 2, 3 max songs. Compared to the others, Geno seems like an open door. I would welcome Crono with open arms if Geno doesn't make it.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord

-Sephiroth
-Crono
-Erdrick
-Luminary (Dq11)
-Slime
-Geno
-Sora (who is NOT in)
First off - THank you for this information. So basically there is 6 out or 7 since Sora is a flat out no. All im sure all are good characters im sure they are anyone who has played with Final Fantasy or any other Square games. However, due to everything thats leading up to this point with Geno's inclusion and the situation that we currently understand with Square it really just points to Geno. I know this a Geno thread and i want Geno in so bad but another FF character to be honest I dont see happening if they are being this way with Cloud then... but you know Square can really surprise us and give his more than we are expecting maybe its wishful thinking. Well not far from VGA guys and thats a possibility IF we even get something announced for DLC for smash. Again just a waiting game ugh.. But for Banjo im all for it. :D

Robertroid

Smash Apprentice
Oops... I'm sorry about that. I wasn't thinking about that being a spoiler when I posted. I should have just kept my mouth shut.
Haha, don't worry, not big deal. I should expect getting stuffed with spoilers while wandering in this forum. Also I'm not thaaaaat fan of Marx as a character (but I do think he could be an awesome fighter)
Still, let's try to keep spoilers as is, please. Probably we are just a few, but I wanna enjoy at least a bit of a surprise from this awesome game, that's why I'm not reading any spoiler tags besides Geno ones. I just can't resist them "orz

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I think we're down to DQ rep or Geno, as most of us have previously thought.

Crono is similar to Geno in "obscurity" (the same people who would call Geno obscure would call Crono obscure) and came out around the same time as Geno in the same genre of game. The difference is that Crono doesn't have near the support Geno does so adding him wouldn't make much sense. Geno and Crono have all the same things going for them except that Geno is much more demanded in Smash.

It's going to be a DQ character or Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom