• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh neat, Crono’s a Spirit? I guess that disconfirms him for DLC, but that was always a long shot and I’m glad to see him acknowledged.
I don't think he is outright deconfirmed, but Geno does have better chances, since he isn't a spirit, but they already have the rights to him. It is nice seeing him acknowledged though

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>tweet from a person that probably unironically wants everyone's wants to be disconfirmed Thanos-style

If he wanted to insult an entire fanbase, he could have just have saved time and didn't waste his breath by just posting this. The jerk. :glare:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Raises DQ’s chances quite a bit knowing that Armor Project is involved, but I still think that the composer and its general unpopularity outside Japan will be that series’ undoing.

Still, we haven’t actually seen a Geno Spirit yet, so there’s still a good amount of hope left.
I mean, they negotiated for just a JPEG which they've done with WayForward and Ubisoft too. I don't think it changes too much. Plus, it's literally the only confirmed Square Enix spirit so they're definitely few and far between.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Oh neat, Crono’s a Spirit? I guess that disconfirms him for DLC, but that was always a long shot and I’m glad to see him acknowledged.
I don't know if spirits necessarily confirm that characters won't be playable - that's like saying that stickers from Brawl, or ordinary trophies from every game but the original, confirm that characters can't be included, even as DLC.

At any rate, it's great to see them acknowledging Chrono Trigger, and Square-Enix series in general. I was concerned that Square-Enix would get the short end of the stick due to their stubbornness.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
The Crono spirit has been confirmed fake anyways, it's a well-done photoshop job. Back to square one.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't know if spirits necessarily confirm that characters won't be playable - that's like saying that stickers from Brawl, or ordinary trophies from every game but the original, confirm that characters can't be included, even as DLC.

At any rate, it's great to see them acknowledging Chrono Trigger, and Square-Enix series in general. I was concerned that Square-Enix would get the short end of the stick due to their stubbornness.
After Rayman and Shantae, I now believe that if they went out of their way to contact third-parties just to include jpegs of them, it’s because they’re consolation prizes.

The Crono spirit has been confirmed fake anyways, it's a well-done photoshop job. Back to square one.
Aw/Yay

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
1542742641558.png

Someone posted this as proof that it was fake. I'm assuming this is showing off the picture's layers? In this view, a lot of the elements look like they were copy and pasted in, giving them a weird 3D effect.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 178775

Someone posted this as proof that it was fake. I'm assuming this is showing off the picture's layers? In this view, a lot of the elements look like they were copy and pasted in, giving them a weird 3D effect.
Dang it, looks like it's back to SE being impossible to deal with for even the little things.

Kind of a pity that Spirits mode made it easier for people to make their own fake stuff, so now it'll get harder to tell what's in the real life and what's just a fantasy.

Last edited:

djgwiz

Smash Apprentice
The significantly more highlighted areas show where stuff was photoshopped in. Check Crono's art and the "Crono Series" "Crono" fonts compared to other fonts.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
So, I think someone brought up that Dracula is Simon/Richter's boss in Classic, right? I so, I'm assuming Wily will be Megaman's Classic mode boss.

Also, assuming Geno makes it in, I wonder what his boss would be. I giant R.O.B or giant grey Megaman perhaps?
Knowing how Square is very stingy, all we could probably get from Geno would be his SMRPG stage and music tracks. If we do have a stage hazard with his stage, that’ll definitely be his boss. Depending on what stage he’ll be getting, I’m gonna guess his stage hazard/boss will be:

Forest Maze - Bowyer
Smithy’s Factory - Smithy
Vista Hill - Exor

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Knowing how Square is very stingy, all we could probably get from Geno would be his SMRPG stage and music tracks. If we do have a stage hazard with his stage, that’ll definitely be his boss. Depending on what stage he’ll be getting, I’m gonna guess his stage hazard/boss will be:

Forest Maze - Bowyer
Vista Hill - Exor
If we get music, it'll most likely be the Shimomura originals.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
If we get music, it'll most likely be the Shimomura originals.
I think it’s guaranteed that we’ll be getting a Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms remix. Yoko’s done many soundtracks for the Mario RPG series, so I’m pretty sure she’d be willing to do remixes for Geno’s stage. Even if Square does own the soundtrack, it’s cheaper and easier to get than Final Fantasy’s soundtracks. If Yoko owns the SMRPG tracks, then Sakurai or Nintendo shouldn’t have any problem getting SMRPG soundtrack/remixes from her.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think it’s guaranteed that we’ll be getting a Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms remix. Yoko’s done many soundtracks for the Mario RPG series, so I’m pretty sure she’d be willing to do remixes for Geno’s stage. Even if Square does own the soundtrack, it’s cheaper and easier to get than Final Fantasy’s soundtracks. If Yoko owns the SMRPG tracks, then Sakurai or Nintendo shouldn’t have any problem getting SMRPG soundtrack/remixes from her.
I am pretty sure she owns them. She still whips out remixes of SMRPG tracks whenever she does albums, along with KH songs and other RPG music.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I was sooooo sure this Crono spirit was fake.

Editing a screenshot of spirit battle is even easier than a character... So honestly , IF we don't have a TRUSTABLE video proof of a Geno spirit , don't bother with it. Be careful.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I am pretty sure she owns them. She still whips out remixes of SMRPG tracks whenever she does albums, along with KH songs and other RPG music.
Good, very good. If Geno is our Square rep, we’re in for some good treats. Expect to see:

Happy Adventure, Delightful Adventure!
Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms (OG and Remix!)
Fight Against Monsters (OG or Remix)
Fight Against a Somewhat Stronger Monster (OG or Remix)
Fight Against an Armed Boss (OG or Remix)
Fight Against Smithy (OG or Remix)
Fight Against Smithy, Who Likes Transforming (OG or Remix)
Slope
The Sword Descends and the Stars Scatter (Medley)
Let’s Go Down the Wine River!
Bowser’s Keep (Remix)
Weapons Factory (OG or Remix)

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Took this from the general thread. Does it mean anything? We know now there are Square Enix Spirits at least with Chrono being found.
This is actually fake, BTW.
EDIT: I didn't reload and never noticed everybody else already pointed out it's fake. TY guys.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master

Forest Maze - Bowyer
Vista Hill - Exor
I'd love it if Smithy and his first phase battle theme were in Smash Ultimate, but yeah with stingy Square is I can't say I'm not exactly holding my breath on it.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
View attachment 178775

Gotta say, Roy as the Crono stand-in was a great idea.

Dang it, looks like it's back to SE being impossible to deal with for even the little things.

Kind of a pity that Spirits mode made it easier for people to make their own fake stuff, so now it'll get harder to tell what's in the real life and what's just a fantasy.
Nice reference.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
So, I think someone brought up that Dracula is Simon/Richter's boss in Classic, right? I so, I'm assuming Wily will be Megaman's Classic mode boss.

Also, assuming Geno makes it in, I wonder what his boss would be. I giant R.O.B or giant grey Megaman perhaps?
I don't think playable fighters count as bosses, at least I hope they don't, I'd be very underwhelmed if anyone just had a fight against a modified playable character at the end of classic mode when other characters get Galleom, Master Hand, Dracula, Giga Bowser, Ect.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Man, for a sec I was about to go crazy on social media and tell everyone the news. Thanks for the confirmation that the Crono Spirit is fake. XD
Would've been pretty cool though, ngl.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Honestly, while the last couple weeks have proven that Nintendo is relatively bad at managing final reveals, the longer this mystery goes on the more it’d honestly feel insane(in a bad way, of course) if Geno just turns out to be a Spirit.

Nearly three years ago, Geno’s Mii Costume got its own trailer in the middle of the big final Smash 4 direct, and a couple months later, Sakurai had that now-famous interview.

Clearly, if Geno is just a Spirit, the correct procedure should have been to directly show off his fight for a few seconds during the final Direct, complete with his costume, since precedence indicates that he has quite a notable fanbase surrounding him.

The incorrect procedure would be to briefly show him as part of a screenshot on a menu option, linked to one of the only characters in the roster who is literally known for seeing the future. And then completely hide his existing costume in all possible appearances, while making it unclear if that menu appearance even deconfirms him as a character.

I think it’s worth reiterating the point about the menu thing, actually: We have not seen Geno’s icon specifically chosen for any of the lobby footage. We have just seen the menu option with him on the screenshot, but there has been zero recorded Ultimate footage so far where someone deliberately chose Geno anything, or saw the option to do so.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Honestly, while the last couple weeks have proved that Nintendo is relatively bad at managing final reveals, the longer this mystery goes on the more it’d honestly feel insane(in a bad way, of course) if Geno just turns out to be a Spirit.

Nearly three years ago, Geno’s Mii Costume got its own trailer in the middle of the big final Smash 4 direct, and a couple months later Sakurai has that now-famous interview.

Clearly, if Geno is just a Spirit, the correct procedure should have been to directly show off his fight for a few seconds during the final Direct, complete with his costume, since precedence indicates that he has quite a notable fanbase surrounding him.

The incorrect procedure would be to briefly show him as part of a screenshot on a menu option, linked to one of the only characters in the roster who is literally known for seeing the future. And then completely hide his existing costume in all possible appearances, while making it unclear if that menu appearance even deconfirms him as a character.

I think it’s worth reiterating the point about the menu thing, actually: We have not seen Geno’s icon specifically chosen for any of the lobby footage. We have just seen the menu option with him on the screenshot, but there has been zero recorded Ultimate footage so far where someone deliberately chose Geno anything, or saw the option to do so.
Oh didn't even think of that

Geno was on Shulk, who can see into the future

*WINK* *WINK*

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Oh didn't even think of that

Geno was on Shulk, who can see into the future

*WINK* *WINK*
Someone else brought it up in this thread a few days ago as more of a conspiracy theory, but the longer things go on without seeing anything else Geno, the more suspicious it gets.

Edit: Also, hey, I’m still missing from the supporters list.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Someone else brought it up in this thread a few days ago as more of a conspiracy theory, but the longer things go on without seeing anything else Geno, the more suspicious it gets.

Edit: Also, hey, I’m still missing from the supporters list.
Me too, thanks

DIY

Smash Apprentice
A quick side note to Geno potentially being a spirit: On the Smash Wiki page, the number of spirits found has increased to 578 and Geno is still nowhere to be seen. We're approaching the final 100 spirit stretch, it seems.

Also another quick side note, Paper Bowser was also taken off the list of spirits in Mario's page by someone and he was also seen as a token in the Smash video Nintendo posted recently. I don't know if it means anything but considering he hasn't been seen as an actual spirit yet, but it could be further evidence to support the common belief that tokens are not the same as spirits.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
A quick side note to Geno potentially being a spirit: On the Smash Wiki page, the number of spirits found has increased to 578 and Geno is still nowhere to be seen. We're approaching the final 100 spirit stretch, it seems.

Also another quick side note, Paper Bowser was also taken off the list of spirits in Mario's page by someone and he was also seen as a token in the Smash video Nintendo posted recently. I don't know if it means anything but considering he hasn't been seen as an actual spirit yet, but it could be further evidence to support the common belief that tokens are not the same as spirits.
We confirmed that they’re not the same a few pages ago. The Zero, Moon, and Kremling tokens are different from their Spirits.

Me too, thanks
Also, the user ”erdrpika” pledged support a few pages ago as well, don’t want to miss anyone.

Last edited:

DIY

Smash Apprentice
We confirmed they’re not the same a few pages ago. The Zero, Moon, and Kremling tokens are different from their Spirits.

Oh, I was checking all the recent pages on the thread but I guess I must have missed the comment on the tokens. I knew about the Kremling token being different but I didn't know that Zero and Moon was also discovered to be different as well. Thanks for letting me know!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wasn't sure about a DLC supporter list. This was really the first Geno thread to really even have a supporter list. The others sort of did but never updated the list after the first day.

If I add one, I won't be able to do it today

I made sure to make a supporter list because I really thought he was going to get in this time.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I wasn't sure about a DLC supporter list. This was really the first Geno thread to really even have a supporter list. The others sort of did but never updated the list after the first day.

If I add one, I won't be able to do it today

I made sure to make a supporter list because I really thought he was going to get in this time.
Why separate them? It seems likely enough that we’ll get a definitive answer within a month or two, if not a couple weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom