• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I unfortunately never got around to playing Super Mario Sunshine back in the day and is the only main Mario platformer I haven't played (well, that and NSMB2 on 3DS, but I don't give a crap about that one), so a Sunshine remake or remaster on the Switch would be insta-buy for me.

And yes I would totally be down with halo on Switch. (still waiting for Reach on PC too, dammit)

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
It’d be odd to see a remake of sunshine although I certainly wouldn’t oppose of it.

I think though it’s more likely a sunshine dlc for odyssey.

My question is how far would they go with it? Would it be substantial like xc2 ‘s dlc? Or laughably bad like botw’s?
I NEED an XC2 tier Odyssey expansion.
Odyssey was so fun, but too short. I need more kingdoms.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, considering we're reaching the 2-year mark from Odyssey's initial release, I too am less inclined to believe this would be a simple DLC addition to the base game. I'm actually wondering, like-- it'd certainly be a heck of a thing if they started working on a big DLC project, but then it just turned into some bigger thing that they felt could be better captured as its own standalone thing.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love how no one entertains the idea of a Sunshine sequel. Mario going on vacation and getting into another new adventure on the Island.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Would love Master Chief in Smash, and the Master Chief Collection on the Switch. Also, Chief is owned by Microsoft, not Bungie. What Frank O'Connor, Phil Spencer, and the rest of 343i/Microsoft may be relevant. But not Bungie, since they do not own the rights to Halo(just developed H1-3 and Reach).

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
If it weren¨t for the fact that the Dynasty esk PErsona 5 game and upgraded version of P5 was announced in February, I doubt P5 is coming to Switch, The other three on the other hand, with everything that has floated around the last months, I could see happen
I forgot to comment about the Persona thing. They did the exact same thing with the Crash N. Sane Trilogy and the Spyro Reignited Trilogy. It isn't impossible for them to get a game over a year after other consoles do because both those games are examples of that.

Who am I kidding? Atlus would never give us the actual Persona 5 on Switch... Right?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I forgot to comment about the Persona thing. They did the exact same thing with the Crash N. Sane Trilogy and the Spyro Reignited Trilogy. It isn't impossible for them to get a game over a year after other consoles do because both those games are examples of that.

Who am I kidding? Atlus would never give us the actual Persona 5 on Switch... Right?
To be fair Atlus IS hearing fans’ demand to bring P5(R) to other platforms like PC, Xbox One and especially Switch. Power shouldn’t be an issue if the Switch can run friggin’ Witcher 3 either.

now if you’ll excuse me I’ll be in the corner crying for a Persona 4 Golden PC/PS4/XBOne/Switch port cause I refuse to buy a dead portable system for $200 just for one or two games at this time

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Imagine if Nintendo actually is teasing a Mario x SpongeBob crossover.

Watermelons in BFBB, and the pineapple. It’s happening :pikachu:
Spongebob Squarepants confirmed for Smash!

Honestly, considering we're reaching the 2-year mark from Odyssey's initial release, I too am less inclined to believe this would be a simple DLC addition to the base game. I'm actually wondering, like-- it'd certainly be a heck of a thing if they started working on a big DLC project, but then it just turned into some bigger thing that they felt could be better captured as its own standalone thing.
I would be thrilled over the hills for a Mario Sunshine sequel. :colorful:

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
To be fair Atlus IS hearing fans’ demand to bring P5(R) to other platforms like PC, Xbox One and especially Switch. Power shouldn’t be an issue if the Switch can run friggin’ Witcher 3 either.

now if you’ll excuse me I’ll be in the corner crying for a Persona 4 Golden PC/PS4/XBOne/Switch port cause I refuse to buy a dead portable system for $200 just for one or two games at this time
Just get a pstv for $60-$50. It's tiny, portable, and cheap. That's how I did it.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Not to mention that the game runs on PS3 hardware. Like, if the Switch can't run a PS3 game we're all doomed.

Dan

Smash Lord
I see what you did there. :laugh:

Edit: But to answer your question? I don't know. I never played Bianco Hills.
lol. I remember playing that level at Iggle Video (now there's a throwback) before the game was out and being blown away by the tight rope physics. Apparently IGN was too:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
lol. I remember playing that level at Iggle Video (now there's a throwback) before the game was out and being blown away by the tight rope physics. Apparently IGN was too:

All **** I forgot the name of that level and mistaken it as a game when you brought it up. Now I feel like a idiot. :facepalm:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
All this Sunshine talk, and subsequent video footage up above, is making me want to revisit my copy of the game for the.. .who knows, really. Umpteenth time? I miss me my summer fun classic.

Dan

Smash Lord
All this Sunshine talk, and subsequent video footage up above, is making me want to revisit my copy of the game for the.. .who knows, really. Umpteenth time? I miss me my summer fun classic.
I too have had a desire to play the game recently but my brother took our copy to his place... I guess there's something in the water... the GameCube water.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I too have had a desire to play the game recently but my brother took our copy to his place... I guess there's something in the water... the GameCube water.
I mean, I'll be real - when you look at games like Pikmin, Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker, etc, and their for-real actual Gamecube Water? Nintendo had that stuff down to a science. Water, general particle effects -- man. Gamecube was just a good generation to me. I really wish more people could have the chance to experience that stuff.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Just get a pstv for $60-$50. It's tiny, portable, and cheap. That's how I did it.
Uh, Vita TV’s have become somewhat of a collector’s item and have shot up to the $150-$200 range. As a Vita collector, I’ve lamented not picking one up for cheap for ages because, holy ****, these things have shot up in price. You’re much better off just buying a straight Vita nowadays lol

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Uh, Vita TV’s have become somewhat of a collector’s item and have shot up to the $150-$200 range. As a Vita collector, I’ve lamented not picking one up for cheap for ages because, holy ****, these things have shot up in price. You’re much better off just buying a straight Vita nowadays lol
or I could just wait for a Vita emulator to be fully developed

Which will take... seven more years...

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You guys do realize you're in the Geno thread, right?

Come on, don't use that kind of thinking. Send your wishes to Geno! Maybe he'll give you a Vita! :drflip:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Other than Mario, Bowser, and Peach, which Smash Fighter do you think Geno would get along with the most.

Hardmode: Can not be Rosalina or any other Mario fighter

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Other than Mario, Bowser, and Peach, which Smash Fighter do you think Geno would get along with the most.

Samus, easily. He and Samus would jive so well. The two of them fighting Ridley side-by-side would be so sick.

I also definitely see Geno having sass-offs with Kazooie. They'd get along swimmingly.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman

Kirby seems like a good fit. Not only do both Geno and Kirby relate to the stars in various ways, but I imagine Kirby could easily remind Geno of another short, floaty, round, puffy friend from the good old days...

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I bought one new last year for $50. You must be looking in the wrong places.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Where’d you get yours from?
Amazon. There were a bunch of cheap options. eBay is probably more expensive. You can get the system, the controller (a PS3 controller works) and P4 Golden for like $100-$120. Plus then you have access to other gems on PSN for pretty cheap.

Edit: Holy crap I just checked the price. Did they just skyrocket in the last year? Because I just got one for that price last August. Nevermind I guess. Sorry.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Hmmm... I could see Geno and Pit getting along. Working with higher authorities and what not. But I agree with Ovaltine Ovaltine Geno and Kazooie would have the biggest sass off in the decade! Now I need Geno in Banjo's backpack yelling at Kazooie.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Amazon. There were a bunch of cheap options. eBay is probably more expensive. You can get the system, the controller (a PS3 controller works) and P4 Golden for like $100-$120. Plus then you have access to other gems on PSN for pretty cheap.

Edit: Holy crap I just checked the price. Did they just skyrocket in the last year? Because I just got one for that price last August. Nevermind I guess. Sorry.
Yep, they absolutely skyrocketed at some point in the past year. Plus, the Vita TV could never really play all of the catalogue of games, so it was a niche product to begin with. It was one of those things I thought I could wait on to get super low clearance wise in store... and then they were just gone altogether from stores and going for over $100 on Ebay/Amazon.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord

Come on, don't use that kind of thinking. Send your wishes to Geno! Maybe he'll give you a Vita! :drflip:
As soon as I read this, I knew exactly what I had to do
psvita.png
Part of me really wants to fully redraw this with Gaz in place of Midoriya and Geno in place of All Might, but I'm also really busy with school so if anyone wants to take that idea, you're more than welcome to :p

MisterMike

Smash Champion

If Geno's giving me a Vita for my support of him I'm chucking his mahogany ass into a bonfire.

Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie, because all four of them are the true NEVEREVERs.

Freduardo

Smash Champion

Pit and him have very similar jobs, so there could be a bond there. Mega Man and him have similar Pinocchio vibes.

And obviously Little Mac, who gets along with everyone because he’s just a nice guy.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I, personally, feel like Geno would feel a bit out-of-place at first and would be generally confused at all of Mario's new friends. I think he'd get along with Kirby first and maybe get a little confused by the Inklings and Joker, since they're way more modern than he is.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

Him and Mega Man would get along very well and I could see him getting along with R.O.B. too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom