• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GENESIS July 10th-12th. ALL NEW INFO ON THE FIRST PAGE! TWITTER INFORMATION!! 7/7/09

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Well guys, the reality is that even if 70% of the 32 reliable TVs were brought by Melee people, that's STILL not enough for a good 290 person tournament. So it's fair to say "oh Brawl kidz didn't step it up lolz" but in reality the NorCal Melee community didn't do much better.
But melee actually finished :D.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
A good 290 person tournament deserves two rounds of pools for Melee. That couldn't happen because there weren't enough TVs, even if all 70% of the TVs were given to Melee. (NOT SAYING THAT 70% WERE BROUGHT BY MELEE PEOPLE, SO DON'T ****ING QUOTE ME LIKE A *****; IT'S JUST THE PREVIOUS EXAMPLE.)

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Everyone dropped the ball. No Johns.

Except for the TOs

and the food people

edit: NOT GOOD ENOUGH JR NOT GOOD ENOUGH lol

Miztik

Smash Master
how about next time no brawl? i like where this is going already

hahaha

but honestly brawl could have finished if they'd got through pools on sat instead of having to finish like 4 or 5 sunday morning. Why were they trying to do crews and pools at the same time?

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Sheridan was even telling me about an hour long debate he had about the brawl rule set.

Im not trying to bash Brawl or anything, but it really seems like melee was run smoother, and faster. Of course that could be Melee bias.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha, thanks, I just don't like people needlessly trashtalking either community. Can't we all just get along? <3

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
but honestly brawl could have finished if they'd got through pools on sat instead of having to finish like 4 or 5 sunday morning. Why were they trying to do crews and pools at the same time?
Yeah, the two pools that didn't finish on Saturday hurt because we couldn't prepare the singles bracket on Saturday night like we did with Melee :(. That sucked. The hour-plus discussion on Larry vs. Dojo was the real reason why we didn't finish Sunday, though. It was just ******** in general.

SuperRad

Smash Master
i just got back
and this tournament *****.

i
****ing
love
everyone

boback, neal, champ, sheridan, azn_lep, justine, german, dan, bobby, jen, zori, miles, pocky, ender, samurai panda and anyone else that stepped it up to get this thing ran and to make it as awesome as it did i'm glad to say that YOU ****ING DID IT.

I want to do big shoutouts so I'll do it in another post.

If you weren't at Genesis, you better have a **** good reason.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Larry *****ed to the TOs that Dojo won by "AIR PLANKING".
AKA running away onstage while jumping.
He tried to get him DQ'd.
So a bunch of SBR people rewatched the match and had a long discussion about who should win.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Fyi, any further bashing of Brawl, Melee and/or their respective communities will result in a 2 point troll infraction and the closure of the thread. Keep it civil.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Long story short: after an 8 minute match, both players had 2 of 3 stock left. For about 6 minutes Dojo basically ran from Larry using MK's multiple jumps and airdodges. Some players felt this was stalling. Others did not. Blah blah blah, lots of argument, lots of money on the line, YOU'RE JUST BIASED CUZ IT'S A WEST COAST PLAYER, more stupidity, bring in instant replay, 90 minutes later I'm still waiting on a decision.

The real tragedy here is that I was dragged away from the second Mango vs. Armada grand finals set to take part in the discussion. I missed the last game, the crowd surf, the money toss, everything :(.

Miztik

Smash Master
wow that really sucks for larry =(

also

the last match was what i felt like Armada "giving" up sadly i think the first set just broke his confidence =(

festizzio

Smash Champion
as long as it was larry who was playing brawl it's ok

i'll only watch brawl if he's playing. or typh's pokemon trainer.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Cus he realized he can't past a balloon that makes all the right choices.

Good **** Mango, I really wanted you to win since you are WC but its even better that you didn't let some european player come from out of nowhere and beat every good player without losing a set :D.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Hey miz! How did sunday go?
also, dont know of any memorable moments that day. other than mango getting in some sweet rests and this larry dojo stalling debate(which, imo, should be allowed if it isnt listed as a banned stalling technique in the rules). It sucks, but as long as brawl is still a developing tourney game, stuff like has to go on to better get a grasp at what need to be cemented in the rule set

Miztik

Smash Master
Hey miz! How did sunday go?
also, dont know of any memorable moments that day. other than mango getting in some sweet rests and this larry dojo stalling debate(which, imo, should be allowed if it isnt listed as a banned stalling technique in the rules). It sucks, but as long as brawl is still a developing tourney game, stuff like has to go on to better get a grasp at what need to be cemented in the rule set
Sunday was amazing sucks you couldnt make it or did you make it back and i didnt see you?

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
I didn't. After getting back to sac I passed out asleep on my hand til 1:30 pm w/ knuckle poking into eye socket+ my contacts in my eyes. Bad Combo) wasnt too pleased with myself that day. looking foreword to the next big tourney near sac. Supposedly theres gonna be a decently big tourney like 3 blocks from my place (a step above a biweekly, a step below a regional). So I'll be practicing. Will check the modesto updates, as well

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
no 7 discs on the first day is not a lie. ppl had to go back to the hotel to get more. i just think most of the brawl players didnt understand how big of a tourney this would be. i mean, compared to the melee community who has had 7 years of experience in organizing tourneys.

Also, I'm making a picture montage right now of thsi. Too good.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
no 7 discs on the first day is not a lie. ppl had to go back to the hotel to get more. i just think most of the brawl players didnt understand how big of a tourney this would be. i mean, compared to the melee community who has had 7 years of experience in organizing tourneys.
lol

neal was a TO

pretty sure

he would know

also

he's neal

Top Bottom