• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GENESIS July 10th-12th. ALL NEW INFO ON THE FIRST PAGE! TWITTER INFORMATION!! 7/7/09

Race

Smash Lord
watching melee the whole time makes me wanna quit brawl forever. . .especially mango vs armada

Miztik

Smash Master
i didnt leave my memory card in my gamecube...i think i left it in the hotel tho =( if not it fell out of my pocket or idk

im sorry to hear you lost your controller, andre lost his too

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
i was gonna upload all my vids on viddler since that is what my site is linked to, but since viddler is being a pain in the *** i'm gonna up them on youtube just so everyone can see them faster.

sets to expect:

kage vs bladewise
kage vs lovage
darc vs shizwiz
romeo vs darkrain
pink shinobi vs cactuar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrbxkYrnMYE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQMi3nTPwlw
romeo vs linguini

and the rest of my set with armada.

shoutouts later.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
mew2king you need to sleep in your own hotel room next time

hogging the bed so two of us had to sleep on the floor was not cool

you're lucky the guy who bought the hotel room didnt kick you out

you also did some disgusting things which i dont feel like talking about in public, but seriously, do that on your own time.

and you dont **** west coast like you said you do. you lost to zhu.

and i dont wanna hear or see you say that you're better than mango ever again. you were saying that during the entire night and we were pretty sick of it.

bbb

Smash Champion
shout outs:

Admiral Peepants: keep on truckin

Pierre and the rest of france: I will probably get in fights with people bad mouthing france for the rest of my life due to you guys being so cool

The Great Brendan: you drunk ******

JTB: I potemkin bustered your ***

Nealdt pro: I punched you in the face, haha, get ****ed

hungry box: you seemed really cool but we only chilled briefly

scott: you so crazy

light pole in the parking lot: my car got ***** by you

Robert Dollars: thanks for signing my pants

Festizzio: baby's first beer

Super Rad Brian: you da best

Ender Paul: love you too bro

M2K: you mad

Silent Jeff: I didn't get to see you play enough, you're still a G though

Mom: get me

Zhu: being your number one fan payed off, ****en ****

chokanator: you were there and you didn't say hi?!? you jerk

armada: good ****

ramada: thanks for breakfast

scamp: we need to chill more often

Boback: nice tournament

anyone I forgot: it was (probably) nice seeing you

Shroomed

Smash Master
i didnt get to play armada =(

or dashiawia

i wanted to play coulbol more

playing chops is fun

darkrain beat me pretty bad, im CG'ing next time

cactuar is too smart

i still suck, sigh

some brawl ppl r cool, most arent tho
(from my experience)

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Stop exaggerating, guys. "Seven discs" is just a complete lie. There were at least 20 Wii's with Brawl discs available throughout the tournament.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Stop exaggerating, guys. "Seven discs" is just a complete lie. There were at least 20 Wii's with Brawl discs available throughout the tournament.
Then I misunderstood, but I still remember there being complaints about what festizzio said. something like that

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
yes and we moved setups around depending on the current need, the tournament was incredibly well run, i have no complaints.

and so what if they did? an equal amount of melee and brawl was present at all times, i dont see the harm in that

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
At one point on Friday or Saturday, they had 23 full setups for brawl, which felt really weak to me for such a big tournament.

Not to mention they started throwing together dumb crews (Australia featuring a Mexican. Seriously?), and they didnt even finish singles afaik.

Felt like the Brawl community didnt support their game.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
neither melee nor brawl finished crews, and by the end we had 16 setups for melee and brawl. you could say the same thing about the melee community O.o the only real difference is that melee was faster and thus can get way more stuff done then brawl with equal setups and times.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Play with a 5 minute timer.

I think...
I don't know.
I want to say something witty, but I can't right now. My brain's not working.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
neither melee nor brawl finished crews, and by the end we had 16 setups for melee and brawl. you could say the same thing about the melee community O.o the only real difference is that melee was faster and thus can get way more stuff done then brawl with equal setups and times.
I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but what i see is that if tvs were taken away from melee, then you can't say "you could say the same thing about the melee community".
IIRC, there were a handful of GCs laying around being unused for melee.
I know for a fact that my tv was moved to brawl, and my GC was left unused, though that may have had no real impact - I'm just pointing it out.
I'm not trying to argue anything really - I just want to know what exactly happened. I know the tournament was well run given the circumstances.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well guys, the reality is that even if 70% of the 32 reliable TVs were brought by Melee people, that's STILL not enough for a good 290 person tournament. So it's fair to say "oh Brawl kidz didn't step it up lolz" but in reality the (NorCal?) Melee community didn't do much better.

Top Bottom