• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GENESIS July 10th-12th. ALL NEW INFO ON THE FIRST PAGE! TWITTER INFORMATION!! 7/7/09

Celph

Smash Journeyman
but in all seriousness norcal's top 10 is a lot better as a whole than socal's....
ur gaps between the skill level of ur players is so large
it's funny how all of norcal is just bandwagoning on in saying this when so many have no idea how to even evaluate skill, one, and two, are judging off the smallest of sample sizes

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
it's funny how all of norcal is just bandwagoning on in saying this when so many have no idea how to even evaluate skill, one, and two, are judging off the smallest of sample sizes
Nah. We're actually pretty **** sure that Norcal's top 10 is better.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Lol I seem to recall you losing to Mike Y and BTZO at that same tournament...only that was in the Singles bracket not some crew battle lol. No Johns son, I could watch my whole family get butchered and I'd still have enough composure left to not lose to those two guys. =P

Zoap, if I go to like just 1 biweekly each voting period and win it, would that give me top-10?

King Out
id like2 c that

i had outside smash

problems that day

but it doesnt matter 2 norcal

cause all there gonna say is

no johns u lost 2 btzo

lol noobs

Celph

Smash Journeyman
what samples are you judging from P?
i agree with you, i would just like to know.
:)
how many of norcal's top 10 has played socal's?

the only people who really have an idea of what they're talking about are:

lunin
kfc
phil
hmw

there may be one or two more but i'm not really looking at the list. anyway, i think most of those guys have played most of our players for more than just a couple of matches. kfc played me and fly in tourny, and i money matched kfc thrice; lunin played everyone and is the smartest norcalian; phil and hmw stayed around for a couple of days and got a good idea of what socal is capable of.

and even then they don't know our skill level very well. so many noob norcalians judged me off my set v shroomed and sethlon, for example, but how many people saw me dissect him the next time we played? fly beat falcomist; i beat HMW, and beat phil and him in teams, and sheridan and lunin in teams. that's what we're capable off when we're at our standard level of play.

the farther off in the future this occurs the better chance socal has, because we're definitely gonna get better more quickly than norcal is.

basic rule of thumb: if you're gonna get ***** by anyone on the PR, you prolly shouldn't post your opinions about how good (or not good) they are. that means you choknater and naota and the bunch of other norcalers who aren't good enough to make a name for themselves past the shroomed level

MaNg0

Smash Hero

the only people who really have an idea of what they're talking about are:

lunin
kfc
phil
hmw

there may be one or two more but i'm not really looking at the list. anyway, i think most of those guys have played most of our players for more than just a couple of matches. kfc played me and fly in tourny, and i money matched kfc thrice; lunin played everyone and is the smartest norcalian; phil and hmw stayed around for a couple of days and got a good idea of what socal is capable of.

and even then they don't know our skill level very well. so many noob norcalians judged me off my set v shroomed and sethlon, for example, but how many people saw me dissect him the next time we played? fly beat falcomist; i beat HMW, and beat phil and him in teams, and sheridan and lunin in teams. that's what we're capable off when we're at our standard level of play.

the farther off in the future this occurs the better chance socal has, because we're definitely gonna get better more quickly than norcal is.

basic rule of thumb: if you're gonna get ***** by anyone on the PR, you prolly shouldn't post your opinions about how good (or not good) they are. that means you choknater and naota and the bunch of other norcalers who aren't good enough to make a name for themselves past the shroomed level
now thats some celph motivation

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I think people feel Socal doesnt have that much depth because of the skill gap between 3 and 4. However I feel Socal has some **** good players.

However in regards to this:

I dont know if I can judge you guys by your teams perfomance, as Phil and Brandon tend to sandbag in teams (they love their double jiggs on brinstar). Not to mention myself and The___Cheese beat you and Tofu in a teams MM. Myself and King Gerudo also beat you at the previous quakfest.

But I will agree that Socal does seem to be improving faster than Norcal over all. Even though some of our players (KFC and Shroomed come to mind) are doing **** good.

Miztik

Smash Master
then dont get ur hopes anthony, cuz it looks like that doll is gonna stay with me forever =P
lol thats fine with me i wouldnt mind losing that bet cuz it means norcal wins but if i do win that bet sounds like a win to me....so im ina win win situation haha

Lmao i think celph is too young to know who i am.
you do know Celph is P right?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
maybe you should money match me for exorbitant prices so i can find out?
Sure, why not.

OH SNAP LMAO!!!!!

I GOT MINDGAMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daaayyyyummmmm

i remember someone told me P is gonna make an accout to make ppl think he is a noob

hella worked

hey P

let's MM

Celph

Smash Journeyman
I think people feel Socal doesnt have that much depth because of the skill gap between 3 and 4.
Honestly neither does NorCal after... well, Pink Shinobi.

Right now, 2-10 is better than the majority, and possibly all, of 4-10. But they're not THAT much better, and we're improving so quickly. Norcal is at a really high, but not obscenely high, level of play, but one that we're also rapidly approaching. We're the one with too many tournaments to even go to. Our top 5 is going to be beastly very soon.

I dont know if I can judge you guys by your teams perfomance, as Phil and Brandon tend to sandbag in teams (they love their double jiggs on brinstar).
I doubt they were sandbagging when it was for a shot at 3rd place and they're representing their region. They didn't do double Jiggs. Fox and Doc both matches.

I played them in team friendlies so much the next two days, so I'm pretty sure I can be safe in saying they weren't sandbagging.

Not to mention myself and The___Cheese beat you and Tofu in a teams MM.
Which just attests to how much better we get. We went from losing to random (but good) Norcal team to beating two of your best teams. That also attests to the power of home advantage.. which goes back to my point of Norcal randoms judging off small sample sizes.

Myself and King Gerudo also beat you at the previous quakfest.
Good ****, but I probably don't have to convince you that leans heavily to the side of fluky.

Even though some of our players (KFC and Shroomed come to mind) are doing **** good.
KFC was always good

The King

Smash Ace
id like2 c that

i had outside smash

problems that day

but it doesnt matter 2 norcal

cause all there gonna say is

no johns u lost 2 btzo

lol noobs
Therein lies the point. Everyone has a bad day here and there, johns aside. Yours was Sunday; mine was on the day of the crew battles.

I'm gonna stay out of the norcal vs socal debate since I haven't seen you guys play in years lol. Though here's a thought, let's have a "2 alternates" system like the FC3 crew battles had. So for instance, if Socal sends in P, we can just have Bootleofwater as an alternate to mop up.

King Out

MaNg0

Smash Hero
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

i still dont c why u guys

think u can win so easy

haha socal isnt that bad

LOL

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Honestly neither does NorCal after... well, Pink Shinobi.

Right now, 2-10 is better than the majority, and possibly all, of 4-10. But they're not THAT much better, and we're improving so quickly. Norcal is at a really high, but not obscenely high, level of play, but one that we're also rapidly approaching. We're the one with too many tournaments to even go to. Our top 5 is going to be beastly very soon.
Yeah, thats number one reason I think Socal is going to catch up to us. They have so many freakin tournaments, and we struggle to host ours.

I doubt they were sandbagging when it was for a shot at 3rd place and they're representing their region. They didn't do double Jiggs. Fox and Doc both matches.

I played them in team friendlies so much the next two days, so I'm pretty sure I can be safe in saying they weren't sandbagging.
I see, I see.

Which just attests to how much better we get. We went from losing to random (but good) Norcal team to beating two of your best teams. That also attests to the power of home advantage.. which goes back to my point of Norcal randoms judging off small sample sizes.
Im going to just throw this out there (and prolly be hated cuz of it) but me and Casey arent some random Norcal team. Honestly, I think we're on the same level as Lunin and Hyuga, or slightly ( just slightly) under them. Now im fairly certain neither Norcal or Socal agrees with me, but im just saying what I think.
Good ****, but I probably don't have to convince you that leans heavily to the side of fluky.
Aww, you congratulated me. You're like my second favorite Socalian now.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Lmao, what does that even mean?

I've seen Zoap play once in tournament, and he camped my best friend. <3

I've never actually payed attention to Macdizzle play, but I know hes a very funny/nice person.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dsmashers ahahaha

where u at alan

jk man lets play

i lost to shroomed in MM and i main ice climbers, u'll probably beat me

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
That wasnt funny Bobo, that was insulting.

When I tell you to post something FUNNY, it should be funny!

No cookies for you.

NoCforU.

Top Bottom