• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Generic Tournament Name #2 (Road To Papa) Brawl + Melee - April 20th, 2013 - Gainesville, FL

Ereth

Murda Bidness
In conjunction with Papa Mink's Come To Papa mini circuit
(http://smashboards.com/threads/come-to-papa-iv-turning-point-july-20th-2013-orlando-fl.334853/)
I will be continuing the GTN series as a Road To Papa.

Also, Hungrybox will be running melee if you chaps are interested.

-You will be competing for seeding points at Come To Papa IV on July 20th.

-We will also be accepting donations for CTP IV, to help it potentially become the largest national tournament Florida has seen in a long time.

Doubles Registration: 11:00
Doubles Begins: 11:30
Singles Registration: 11:00
Singles Begins: Immediately After Doubles

Door Fee: $5 (Portion of door fee will be going to the pot of Come To Papa IV, so we will not be waiving door fees for setups. That being said, please bring setups still)
Depending on the price of the venue the door fee may have to be raised, I'll try my best to keep it at $5 though

We are going to need some collapsable tables for the venue considering they only have 3, so if you can bring one please say so.

Singles
Pro Bracket $10
Amateur Bracket $5

Doubles $10 or $20 per team. I'll take a vote
Double MK banned

Payout: 60/30/10

-Brawl

Rules:

3 stocks
8 minute time limit
Items are set to “Off” and “None”
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape glitch and Extended Cape glitch are banned.
There is a ledge grab limit of 40 for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the ledge grab limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their ledge grab limit, then this rule is ignored.
The act of stalling is banned.
If time runs out, the winner of the match will be the one called out by the game. If it goes to Sudden Death, then it is determined by percentage. If the percentage and/or both players die at the same time as a result of a suicide move, a one stock 3 minute tie break match is held. Ledge grab limits are reduced to 13 for Meta Knight and 18 for all other characters.
The only other exception to this is the game ending from a Bowser or Ganondorf suicide tactic, where the initiator of the move wins.

Conduct
In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the tournament organizer. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral (players are not in combat), the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player is in a death situation (chain grabs, grab releases, jab-locks to a KO move, etc) and pauses while such situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If a player unpause before the tournament organizer reaches the station, the player that unpaused loses a stock.
Users of the Wii Remote must take out the Wiimote's batteries. If problems persist due to the Wiimote, the owner of the Wiimote may be disqualified.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.

Starter
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino PLaza
Frigate Orpheon

-Melee

Rules:
Singles
4 stock
8 minute time limit
No items
Team attack is ON
Pause is set to OFF
Wobbling is ALLOWED up to 250%
Peach bomber STALLING is banned
Soul Stunner glitch is BANNED
Master Hand is banned too, gtfo
Daves Modified stupid rule(Can't go back to the stage you previously won on, unless agree'd upon)
Matches determined by stocks then % if need be
Double blind if needed, request a TO

Stages:
Singles Neutral:
-Yoshi's
-Final Destination
-Dreamland
-Fountain of Dreams
-Battlefield
Singles Counterpicks:
-Pokemon Stadium

Doubles Neutral:
-Yoshi's
-Final Destination
-Dreamland
-Pokemon Stadium
-Battlefield
Doubles Counterpicks:
-DK64

Facebook event: https://m.facebook.com/home.php?__u...ser_joined&ref=m_notif&__user=100000829022864

Food- This venue is literally 3 minutes from all the food you could want to eat, there is also a pizza place, a wok n roll, and a california chicken grill in the plaza.

If you need help getting here, need housing, or something else my number is 321-604-6135

Ereth

Murda Bidness
I need setups!

Brawl setups
1. Ereth
2. Apple Bottom
3. DR3W
4. DewDaDash
5. KDB
6. Jazz

Melee setups
1. Fizzi
2. Rosss
3. Hungrybox
4. Eikelmann

jeck95

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3840-5508-5042
Yes! Perfect timing for a tournament

Ereth

Murda Bidness
Also if you need housing it can probably be arranged. I can't house that many people (2-3 at most), but I'm sure someone might not mind.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Will likely be here. Anything can happen. Anyone wanna team? U know what to expect if u team with me. :)

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Maybe North Korea won't blow us up and we can still attend this?

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Ill probably be there for melee. Don't know who else from jax can go yet.

If I go ill bring a full set up.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Hey everyone! I'm kinda new to tourny's and was wondering a few things.
1. I plan on heading there with a buddy, and we would probably need housing so if someone could point us in a nice direction that would be great. XD
2. Would we pay when we got there, or is it in advance?

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Ill bring a setup like last time with epic ignorant music like usual.

With that said, i want to say I think this will be my last tournament. I hope to see everyone that matters here.

YOOO this is at gamersHQ? I can literally just walk here from my place, how awesome xD

Ereth

Murda Bidness
Hey everyone! I'm kinda new to tourny's and was wondering a few things.
1. I plan on heading there with a buddy, and we would probably need housing so if someone could point us in a nice direction that would be great. XD
2. Would we pay when we got there, or is it in advance?
This is the best place to ask people for housing. Try Apple Jelly or DewDaDash. Also you pay when you walk into the venue.

Ereth

Murda Bidness
lol its only 3 dollars... Its expensive to do this and I want to help increase the pot bonus of CTP IV

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
lol I'm already helping the pot by attending. Looks like my nephew aint going. :denzel:

EDIT: Whats the name of that Doughnut Shop near Dylan's house? I'm not googling right.

Ved

Smash Cadet
So as usual I will be driving to this, and if you are from Jville and need a ride I can give one. First come first serve.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
doubles hype aaahhhh ***** youll gag

Probs not doin singles

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
Ill bring a setup like last time with epic ignorant music like usual.

With that said, i want to say I think this will be my last tournament. I hope to see everyone that matters here.

YOOO this is at gamersHQ? I can literally just walk here from my place, how awesome xD
You're going to walk there with a whole set-up? Nice.
Pretty hype for this :D

Top Bottom