• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe General Super Mario Discussion Thread - "It'sa Me, Mario!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
☯ But Super Mario Land is no where near the best Mario game... unless you mean Super Mario Land 2. =3
"This year." :awesome:

Train more then. I didn't have trouble with anything in that game, besides trying to figure out that stupid password when I was 12. I didn't get past that part for about 4 years since I lost access to the game. Then, I looked online :)
fff, screw the password, how about one of those obstacles to get the password?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

EDIT: speaking of the obstacle from hell, around that area there is a lone Dry Bones that has another Dry Bones, 2 Greapers, and that skeleton guy standing behind what I believe is the combination of a tombstone and a cuckoo clock with him. Around that guy is a Shaman that sells you items. If Mallow has a high enough Magic stat, Thunderbolts will be killing off all 5 of those enemies in one hit, giving you 22 Exp. each battle. That place is the single greatest level-grinding spot in the game, no contest.

UberMario

Smash Master
I got stuck AFTER Nimbus Land, I couldn't figure out where to go next. XD

I should really get back and complete SMRPG.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I had such a gut feeling Terywj was going to be Peach! I know the character selection is comepletly random, but I couldn't imagine anyone else being Peach, not that it's bad or anything, Peach is my 3rd favorite Mario character :3

I also thought you would been Luigi and UberMario would have been Bowser. I was wrong with those though :p

Yeah, I tend to stalk Mafia games sometimes :p
Lol I would have liked a luigi role :3

UberMario

Smash Master
Only the Royal Family is allowed here,
You don't look Royal, but your with the Prince,
Go on ahead and enjoy yourselfs,
But be careful not to fall off.
I'm sorry, it's been a while and I mixed up the order in my head, I've already beaten
Monstro Town, Barrell Volcano (where you fall to), have six stars, summoned the Air Force troopa, etc. I just need to remember what to do to activate the bridge . . . . .

And that maze took me at least 5-10 minutes to figure out. :/

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Once you conquer Barrel Volcano and beat the Axem Rangers, go back to King and Queen Nimbus. They'll give access to the Royal Bus, which is the only way to get to Bowser's Keep.

Srs question: How many of you actually got 30 and 100 Super Jumps in one go? Don't lie.

justaway12

Smash Master
LOL, I'm not even going to try 100, I think the most I got was in the twenties. :S

I actually didn't have much trouble with the maze, it was a bit annoying at first, but I got the hang of it eventually.[/

UberMario

Smash Master
Same here, I don't know why, but I always seem to screw up after 21, I never got the Geno Whirl cheat to work either . . . . .

@Sonic: Thanks, I'm pretty sure I never went back to them, so that's where I'll go back to first the next time I play the game.

What are some of your favorite SMPRG tunes, guys?

My top 13 (in no particular order):

-Bowser Battle (SMB3 remix)
-Forest Maze
-Midas River
-Boss Battle
-Here's Some Weapons
-Star Hill
-Bowser's Castle (This was later remixed into Mario Party)
-Booster's Theme
-Barrell Volcano
-Smithy Battle
-Yoster Island
-Tadpole Pond

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The Super hit was intentionally programed, otherwise there wouldn't have been any need to program Geno's victory taunt to go off when the timed hit is used.

UberMario

Smash Master
Is it really a glitch? I thought it was purposely put in the game, I mean, isn't that the reason why it doesn't work on bosses (except Exor).

But yeah, it couldn't work for me too :(
I didn't say it was a glitch. lol

It's definitely intentional, but it was obviously put in as a secret game breaker that'd take forever (or the internet) to find out about. However, the fact that it works on Exor IS a glitch, I've heard that they forgot to actually code the game to interpret him as a boss or something like that, so the ultimate Whirl works on him because it treats him as a normal enemy.

justaway12

Smash Master
Oops, I thought you said I could never get that Geno glitch to work :S But that's what I get for being on multiple forums at the same time :S

And yeah, I know that Exor thing was a glitch though xD

I actually have a question, if Peach uses mute on any boss, will it work? Because, you know that undead dragon thing? I forgot the name but he starts of as a normal dragon, then turns into a skelton. I remeber casting mute and it working, but not for Smithy.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I doubt it working on Exor is a glitch though. The method of attack on Exor is different than with other bosses, as you have to take his eyes and Neosquid out before you can focus on the tip of Exor. I think that unique method is why Exor is the sole boss Geno Whirl can work.

I never use Mute, lol. Group Hug and Come Back, and sometimes Psych Bomb, are all I use out of Peach's specials.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Haha, Happy Christmas guys.

Mario Jinglebell Rock tune:

"Okidoki Mama mia Yippie Wa-hoo!"
Mario calls to deck the halls.

Went to the Castle just for some fun
And now the Kingdom's party has begun.

So kart there through chilly air and have a good time
Everyone's feeling fine.

Bowser's being good and wow that's wonderful news:

That is Mario's, That is Mario's roooooock.

/nerd.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Merry Christmas... playing Mario Ice levels today will make your life even better. =D

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Everything that I needed, but not necessarily all that I wanted. But I'm good with what I got. 8D

All I need is a Dazzle and DKCR and my hoard is "perfect."

justaway12

Smash Master
I got Cologne from my mom, Cologne from my dad and Cologne + Shower Gel from Santa :S
My sister bought Mario's 25th anniversary but she left it in Hull and my parents are going to buy me DK Country returns tommorow or the day after, they're also gonna give me money.

It was a good day over all though, so I'm not complaining. =)

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I have come to get help.

I am bad at Mario Kart, and I mean real bad. Here is the proof.

After watching some of that can anyone tell me what I need to do to get better? What am I doing wrong?

Also sorry for the lag, my new computer is not doing real well with online play :(.

BSP

Smash Legend
DS lite and some Money. Satisfied.

For your mario kart:

The biggest one: Don't let CPUs get a lead. In 64, once they get a lead, there is pretty much no catching them.

-Don't run into the back of other races with toad. He's light, and you'll most likely spin out. Plus, it slows you down regardless.

-Cut through terrain that slows you down when you have a mushroom or star if you can. Like on Luigi cuircuit, when you use a star on a turn, go right next to the inner wall. It gives you a good boost over the others. On the desert, cut through the sand.

-When you're in first, always go for the item boxes. You either get defense from red shells, or something to mess up the people behind you, ensuring that you maintain or increase your lead

-Holding items behind you is a good idea. People have to go beside you to pass, and you can hit them if you're holding a red shell.

-Work on your control. Crashing into walls and going off road really slows you down.

-On the beach, use stars and shrooms to jump into that tunnel, or cut through the water. Also, don't worry about the ramps. Just stay on the ground. I might be thinking of MKW too much, but more air time than necessary usually isn't good.

-Don't rapid fire red shells. Don't fire two shells on someone right in front of you. One will usually do it.

-Press B after hitting a banana to stop yourself from spinning out. You'll see a music note from doing it right.

I haven't played 64 in a while, but that's what I would do. You can't do anything about approaching CPUs in 64 except use red shells. They will always catch up, and there's nothing you can do about it lol

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
On Koopa Troopa Beach in MK64, you can jump on the ramp that leads to the tunnel without using a mushroom. You just gotta get enough boost from mini-turbos.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
On Koopa Troopa Beach in MK64, you can jump on the ramp that leads to the tunnel without using a mushroom. You just gotta get enough boost from mini-turbos.
I was pretty sure you could do this at 100 CC+ (so then 150 as well). I've done it before. No boosts, no mini-turbos.

BSP

Smash Legend
I wouldn't know. The drifting in 64 was so awkward, I didn't worry about it.

Ok, random disconnections in MKW really suck. It's a garunteed -300 points if you're in the 9000. I'll take losing to people better than me, but those random DCs....and guests.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ One thing I hope the Mario Kart 3DS does better is against people that disconnects and rank points than Mario Kart Wii. Hope that Mario Sports Mix have a much better online.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Please pardon the noob questions in advance. I do not know a lot about Mario Kart as one can tell.

I wouldn't know. The drifting in 64 was so awkward, I didn't worry about it.

Ok, random disconnections in MKW really suck. It's a garunteed -300 points if you're in the 9000. I'll take losing to people better than me, but those random DCs....and guests.
What is drifting? Is it akward because of the controls? If so I am not using a nintendo 64 controller (I am using a X-box USB controller), so mabey it will not be as bad for me?

What are mini-turbos?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Mario Ice levels in the Original Mario Kart? I LOVE THEM. THE MUSIC SO GOOOOD.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Please pardon the noob questions in advance. I do not know a lot about Mario Kart as one can tell.

What is drifting? Is it akward because of the controls? If so I am not using a nintendo 64 controller (I am using a X-box USB controller), so mabey it will not be as bad for me?

What are mini-turbos?
I think drifts and mini-turbos are the same thing. While turning a corner, press and hold your R button and move back and forth. In MK64, you'll see "eeeee" coming from the wheels. Keep pressing left and right until it is red and release. You should hear your character make a sound if you did it right.

UberMario

Smash Master
@DragoonFighter on MK: Your character shouts in MK64 when they do a mini-turbo after a powerslide. These are vital in racing.

@BSP: When they are uncatchable, it's actually a bug in the game. What happens is there are always two ai that are better than the others in each cup (which characters they are is randomized, or maybe the ai itself is), for some reason, the slower ai were programmed to catch up to either a player or a stronger ai. If you take out both strong ai and let the weaker ai pass at this point, (Try at Wario Stadium's jump, it's extremely easy) they think they are a lap down, and try to catch up with the end of the pack. Interestingly, if you let more than one by, (You CAN get all five weaker ai to do this, trust me, I've done it. :p) they'll all cluster to the very same position, so they'll change positions rapidly (like, 5th can become 1st in half a second, and then keep shuffling until the end). If you're really good at powersliding, you can actually "draft" them around the track, which causes the rest of the ai to go insane and actually try to get lapped. I've lapped half the field this way at Kalimari Desert [you can exploit the first train by making the front two ai get hit by it, and then proceed to follow a weaker ai while they're in the air], it's hilarious to watch because they're moving slower than a driver at 50cc. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom