• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe General Super Mario Discussion Thread - "It'sa Me, Mario!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Come on people, you must join this game - It will be super fun

1.) Acrostic
2.) Grump
3.) Sephiroths Masamune
4.) Glyph
5.) Terwyj
6.)
7.)
8.) Vanderzant (Experienced Player)
9.) J (Experienced Player)

@Mods: Erm, hope I'm not asking too much but is it possible you could like hype up the title a bit? perhaps some CAPS for emphasis? Sorry but people are waiting for this to start
Nah nah I got you. :p Hype pizza coming your way!

X1-12

Smash Champion
Hmmm, well, how in-depth is the game? Do you need to be there every day? Also, what, exactly, is the objective and how do you obtain it?
Its as in depth as you want it to be, some players spend hours reading the thread others don't, and still can play the game well. You're expected to post every 48 hours but if on one or two occasions you don't thats fine, or if you pre-warn me of an absence i'll allow for that. I think this paragraph sums up the general game play:

Mafia is a game of deception. The core of the game is revolved around Mafia and Town. Town generally has a larger majority of players, and many more 'power roles' as we call them, to aid them in their victory of exterminating all of the Mafia. Along with these powers and large numbers, they can choose to kill someone they think is mafia once every Day Phase. The only problem is, they don't know who's town or not. Mafia on the other hand, knows their accomplices, and are able to kill one townie every Night Phase. Their drawback is simple, they are clearly outnumbered by town. Ah! I forgot to mention! The game works in Day and Night phases, just like real life. During the Day time, the town as a whole (this includes mafia) discuss amongst themselves who should be killed (or whether they should kill at all). During the night while everyone sleeps, the mafia discuss amongst themselves who shall suffer a taste of hot lead.

Essentially it is the Town's job to root out the Mafia and agree to lynch them, whereas the Mafia have to remain hidden and kill off the townies, reducing the numbers until they have total control.

UberMario

Smash Master
Its as in depth as you want it to be, some players spend hours reading the thread others don't, and still can play the game well. You're expected to post every 48 hours but if on one or two occasions you don't thats fine, or if you pre-warn me of an absence i'll allow for that. I think this paragraph sums up the general game play:

Essentially it is the Town's job to root out the Mafia and agree to lynch them, whereas the Mafia have to remain hidden and kill off the townies, reducing the numbers until they have total control.
But, then wouldn't they know who's a Mafia member if someone announced who was killed off at night?

X1-12

Smash Champion
In the Day, town all agree and vote on a player to lynch, this player is removed from the game and their alignment (town or mafia) revealed. During the Night, the Mafia will send me a private message with who they want to kill, and then at the start of the next Day that player will be announced to be dead, and their alignment will be announced publicly. The game will slowly shrink in size until the mafia are all eliminated, or the mafia have killed off enough town so they can control the votes.

Town has to root out the mafia by looking at inconsistencies, or just looking at posts and thinking what people's motives are. Asking questions helps pin people and you can get them stuck in a corner where you may be able to catch them in a lie

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ranmaru, I'll help you out - provided I'm not on a different team as you haha.
Ok lol. Sure, I'll play. How often should we check the thread? Like, daily so that we do something of importance for that day? or just as often as the thread is hit up?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Check it when you can, if you think you'll be able to read and post every day then thats great, if not then every other day or whatever is fine. Its recommended you subscribe so you know what's happening and you can read what everyone else is saying.

UberMario? are you gonna join? if so it'll be full and we can start

1.) Acrostic
2.) Grump
3.) Sephiroths Masamune
4.) Glyph
5.) Terwyj
6.) Ranamru
7.)
8.) Vanderzant (Experienced Player)
9.) J (Experienced Player)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Mhmmm, I already have it subscribed. I use my UserCp all the time. Haha. : P

UberMario

Smash Master
I suppose I will, X1, I just hope I don't screw up the game for whatever team I'm with. lol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok, would you like me to put a link in the first post of this thread then? (when you finish it)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, ok. Sorry to hear that, we will wait. : ]

§leepy God

Smash Master
I guess everyone is too busy looking at the Mario Mafia thread now. xD

Mario Sports mix looks sweet to own, for Basketball and Dodgeball mostly, still not sold on Volleyball and Hockey. ^_^;

X1-12

Smash Champion
Not really conclusive that you are doing so, but just a reminder, don't talk about the game anywhere outside the game thread, unless you are given permission in your PM

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He didn't you were Tery, he was just reminding us. Yeah, we won't. :]

justaway12

Smash Master
Yeah, but unfortunatly, I don't see too many people here anyway xP

Good luck to you too! TBH, I always considered you a Mario board "member", I mean, you do post the third most in this thread, maybe you're not as dedicated to as you are with Pokemon and K-pop, but I do see you around :p

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yeah, but unfortunatly, I don't see too many people hear anyway xP
"Hear"? I'm going to assume that was supposed to be "Here", haha.

justaway said:
Good to you too!
Lolnope. Doesn't look like anything is going to be able to help me.

justaway said:
TBH, I always considered you a Mario board "member", I mean, you do post the third most in this thread, maybe you're not as dedicated to as you are with Pokemon and K-pop, but I do see you around :p
Ehh. I have a different view as that I need to actively contribute to a subforum or forum to be viably considered a member.

Edit - Wait I actually have the third most posts in this thread. What the Christ. This place needs more activity. :c

UberMario

Smash Master
Well, it's not as dead as you imply, you yourself have over 150 posts here, I have 190, and Justaway has over 220. :) Yink has over a 100 here too, and I'm sure there are some other people that frequent here aswell.

justaway12

Smash Master
OMG, my grammer is such fail xP
This is why I normally edit my posts soo many times xP

And yeah, it's a shame, I hardly see anyone posting :S Not a lot to talk about I guess, it's used to be somewhat active, but now a days, I'm lucky to see like, one post in one day :S

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well, it's not as dead as you imply, you yourself have over 150 posts here, I have 190, and Justaway has over 220. :) Yink has over a 100 here too, and I'm sure there are some other people that frequent here aswell.
There's a difference between high amount of posts in a social thread and high amounts of posts in certain specific threads, however. Some boards have the former, some have the latter, and some have both.

And then there's the terms of the activity, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom