• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe General Super Mario Discussion Thread - "It'sa Me, Mario!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Mario Mafia!

Hello Mario boards, I'm here to tell you that I will be running a newbie-level Mario themed Mafia game, and I invite you all to join. I can see your first question already: What is Mafia?

Mafia is a game of deception. The core of the game is revolved around Mafia and Town. Town generally has a larger majority of players, and many more 'power roles' as we call them, to aid them in their victory of exterminating all of the Mafia. Along with these powers and large numbers, they can choose to kill someone they think is mafia once every Day Phase. The only problem is, they don't know who's town or not. Mafia on the other hand, knows their accomplices, and are able to kill one townie every Night Phase. Their drawback is simple, they are clearly outnumbered by town. Ah! I forgot to mention! The game works in Day and Night phases, just like real life. During the Day time, the town as a whole (this includes mafia) discuss amongst themselves who should be killed (or whether they should kill at all). During the night while everyone sleeps, the mafia discuss amongst themselves who shall suffer a taste of hot lead.

[collapse=Power Roles? What's that?]Power roles are special abilities that certain players will get, for example the Tracker allows one players to find out who, if anyone, a certain player visited each Night. The Jailkeeper keeps someone locked up each Night, so they can't use any abilities, but also can't be harmed that Night. These roles are often kept hidden to stop mafia from killing people off.[/collapse]
Resources
Newbie Guide
Rules
Roles

[collapse=Special Notes: Please Read]You should treat this game as a commitment, you will generally be expected to post atleast once every 72 hours, If you will not be able to do this then please do not join the game
You must have Private Messages turned on in order to play this game, as you will need to communicate with the Game Moderator (me)
Have fun! Full rules will be up during the games confirmation stage
[/collapse]

If you would like to play this game, post here or PM me, One of you may even get a shiny dice postbit for it! This particular game is for 9 players, and I am looking for 6 people from the Mario community to sign-up, who will be joined by 2 experienced players to help you on your way.

Note to Mods: Is it possible to temporarily change the name of this thread to "Social Thread & Mario Mafia Sign-ups Thread"? I've been told I have to gather support through social threads and not through a new thread. Also I have checked with DGames and this is OK.

Signups:
1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.) Glyph (already asked to be in this game)
8.) Vanderzant (Experienced Player)
9.) J (Experienced Player)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Oh man, it has been such a long time since I've played Mafia. And by long time I mean roughly 3 months. But then again I'm an unconventional Mafia player - I don't play the same way the "standard" Mafia is played in DGames - so I'll probably sit out.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Oh man, it has been such a long time since I've played Mafia. And by long time I mean roughly 3 months. But then again I'm an unconventional Mafia player - I don't play the same way the "standard" Mafia is played in DGames - so I'll probably sit out.
/in

I've never played forum board mafia before, even though I have played it on irc. I also lurk the DG from time to time. I think it should be fine Tery, considering that this is a 'newbie-level' game and if there are any grievous errors in play style, it will be covered by more experienced players.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Hey, Marioheads.

That's very true; part of the Newbie Game experience is about learning how to play Mafia in general, but it's also about learning how DGamers play Mafia. You could always try out this one game and see if you like it.

X1, I actually came in here to save an /in for a friend, if that's alright. He should be here shortly to /in for himself.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
/in

I've never played forum board mafia before, even though I have played it on irc. I also lurk the DG from time to time. I think it should be fine Tery, considering that this is a 'newbie-level' game and if there are any grievous errors in play style, it will be covered by more experienced players.
I guess compared to DGames I play an extremely unconventional style Mafia. I'd rather not join and then end up disliking how it's played, which by leafing through past Mafia games I already have a feeling I won't, so. Just saving spots for others who want to play. ^^

X1-12

Smash Champion
X1, I actually came in here to save an /in for a friend, if that's alright. He should be here shortly to /in for himself.
Make sure he come's here and /ins, and says he's your friend so I stop saving a spot

Signups:

1.) Acrostic
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.) Glyph

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
X1 that sig is hilarious. Iirc, mines pretty funny too. I never see them because dGames doesn't show 'em.

Anyway, I'm excited to play in the newbie game :). Small/open set ups are my favourite! It'll be fun, I promise!

X1-12

Smash Champion
=[ This is filling up slow..

C'mon guys only 4 spots left!

@Mods: Is it possible to change the thread name to "Super Mario Discussion Thread & Mario Mafia Sign-ups!" or something of the like

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I would join, but my comp is still dead, if it's still not filled up by the end of the week, (when my charger is supposed to come in the mail.) I'll join.

EDIT: I'll join now, I'm pretty sure it wont start untill after that anyways.

X1-12

Smash Champion
This is going slow =[ Opening invites to the general public now so it wlll fill faster. If you want to get in, say now! 2 spaces left - Tell your friends!!

1.) Acrostic
2.) Grump
3.) Sephiroths Masamune
4.) Glyph
5.)
6.)
7.)

Grump

Smash Apprentice
/in :D

Had no idea this was even available until I was pointed here. Can't wait for it to fill up ^^

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
=[ This is filling up slow..

C'mon guys only 4 spots left!

@Mods: Is it possible to change the thread name to "Super Mario Discussion Thread & Mario Mafia Sign-ups!" or something of the like
My bad I didn't know what was going on with that. xD Let me know if you would like me to edit it further then already edited. : ]

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
C-C-C-C-Combo breaker!

In other news, I can't wait to be done with college apps. Then I'll be home free~~

And then I told X1 that I would play if absolutely needed. Lol.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Come on people, you must join this game - It will be super fun

1.) Acrostic
2.) Grump
3.) Sephiroths Masamune
4.) Glyph
5.) Terwyj
6.)
7.)

@Mods: Erm, hope I'm not asking too much but is it possible you could like hype up the title a bit? perhaps some CAPS for emphasis? Sorry but people are waiting for this to start

UberMario

Smash Master
I'd join, but I don't know how to play a mafia game and I don't want to screw over whatever team I end up with. :(

UberMario

Smash Master
Hmmm, well, how in-depth is the game? Do you need to be there every day? Also, what, exactly, is the objective and how do you obtain it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom