• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe General Super Mario Discussion Thread - "It'sa Me, Mario!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMario

Smash Master
Yes, sometimes I even got 4-time combo'd lol . . . . . , then I found that there's an AT for cancelling out landing lag from the impacts:
You can drive in reverse as soon as you land by pressing down and B, usually it's enough to stop a car combo, but otherwise it's only useful in battle.

BTW, I've sometimes seen the white cars merge into a lane that already has a vehicle. XD

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Wow, I played Paper Mario (two chapters) and then practiced smash bros melee, and then did homework. Lol, now I need my sleep xD

Will play more paper mario today. (Thousand year door)

Let's discuss Paper Mario. : D

justaway12

Smash Master
Funny you should mention that actually, I just finished Paper Mario TTYD, the shadow queen was tough, luckily, I had like 3 Ultra Shrooms and 3 Jammin' Jellys, I beat her on my first try too, it was super close though. At the start of the battle, I got a shine sprite bingo and a mushroom bingo, unfortunatly, when I needed them, I couldn't get them, I think I probably got it once maybe. =(
I'll was waiting to finish until I voted in for my favorite partner in the Paper Mario thread, I still can't decide :S

I started a new file on my Paper Mario a long time ago too, but I kept it on hold for some reason :S

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
It took a few Jelly Ultras for me to beat the Shadow Queen in Thousand Year Door.

Also, I love
going into the locker at the X-Naut Fortress and become 8-bit.

BSP

Smash Legend
Yink's still listed in the forum leaders section.

BTW, on PM : TTYD Won't you always get a shine Bingo from your first three attacks? Just start charging up, get threee hits in, then get fully refreshed

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Yink...

Why are you not a Moderator?
I stepped down. I'm too busy with class now...but I'll still make sure to post in here. Because I want to make sure you guys are happy here.

yeah! what happened to that?
Read above. I'm sorry for not mentioning it to you guys.

Yink's still listed in the forum leaders section.

BTW, on PM : TTYD Won't you always get a shine Bingo from your first three attacks? Just start charging up, get threee hits in, then get fully refreshed
Not anymore I'm not haha.

BSP

Smash Legend
Aww....We still like you though. Good luck with classes and everything!

Can anyone confirm my auto matic shine bingo when you're fighting the shadow queen in phase two?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Funny you should mention that actually, I just finished Paper Mario TTYD, the shadow queen was tough, luckily, I had like 3 Ultra Shrooms and 3 Jammin' Jellys, I beat her on my first try too, it was super close though. At the start of the battle, I got a shine sprite bingo and a mushroom bingo, unfortunatly, when I needed them, I couldn't get them, I think I probably got it once maybe. =(
I'll was waiting to finish until I voted in for my favorite partner in the Paper Mario thread, I still can't decide :S

I started a new file on my Paper Mario a long time ago too, but I kept it on hold for some reason :S
YEah that battle is awesome. I remember actually finishing it... but I erased ALL the files and started anew. I will play more today. : D I finished chapter 2, haha. Now I'm going to level up koops!

Btw for now, tier list of my partners:

Top:

Koops

Mid:
Goombella

**** tier:

Flurry.

I use koops for enemies in groups. Goombella for enemies I need to jump on ALOT.

It took a few Jelly Ultras for me to beat the Shadow Queen in Thousand Year Door.

Also, I love
going into the locker at the X-Naut Fortress and become 8-bit.
Yeah me too.

Oh and I love doing a moon walk with mario! (especially in the moon base!)

*just Dash dance a little and he'll do it*

I <3 badges sooo much

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
well she reminds me of fatso (but with boobs [fatso put on lipstick though... D:]... and he's better than she is. (jk)

and I love yoshi. <3 and... AND MIZ MOUZE OMG

I heard Paper Mario discussion!

I'm currently doing my 7th rerun of PM64. I have to say though, Bow is like, the best thing ever, along with Parakarry and Bombette. And Flower Fields is like the worst chapter ever.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

I'm currently doing my 7th rerun of PM64. I have to say though, Bow is like, the best thing ever, along with Parakarry and Bombette. And Flower Fields is like the worst chapter ever.
Sadly I never played PM64 : [[[[[[[

But awesome!

I might be doing like my 5th run of PM TTYD : ]

BSP

Smash Legend

Flower Fields has Giant Bees, Both types of Dayzees, and....it's just annoying.

That being said, I still like the chapter even though Mario takes damage really fast there.

pickle962

Smash Lord
I'm having a blast with M&L PiT:) I'm currently at Star Hill , oh and I have the Ulti free badge...(call me a cheater if you want...) I like how ignorant Mario and Co. are to the fact that something's....not right with the Cobalt Star...(if I recall, the babies seem to notice something about it, well Baby Luigi that is)....In fact, if you go to tv tropes and type in Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, they have a trope related to that...

Patinator

Smash Champion
I don't like PM64's sixth chapter either. It's kind of boring, gloomy, bland... the boss always gives me fits. Travelling back and forth across bland land, running from evil bees... not very fun. :s

BSP

Smash Legend
Speaking of TV tropes, Mario kart 64 has the most blatent rubber band AI i've ever seen. You can't get a lead in that game lol

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm having a blast with M&L PiT:) I'm currently at Star Hill , oh and I have the Ulti free badge...(call me a cheater if you want...) I like how ignorant Mario and Co. are to the fact that something's....not right with the Cobalt Star...(if I recall, the babies seem to notice something about it, well Baby Luigi that is)....In fact, if you go to tv tropes and type in Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, they have a trope related to that...
I loved that game! I'm actually in my first playthrough of Bowser's Inside Story at the moment, and I'm not sure what to think of it to be honest.

UberMario

Smash Master
Speaking of TV tropes, Mario kart 64 has the most blatent rubber band AI i've ever seen. You can't get a lead in that game lol
I know. lol They can move faster than golden mushroom speed, they were only two-thirds-of-a-lap behind me on RR when I did the shortcut each lap. lol

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
can you believe that I don't have Mario Kart Wii?! I was thinking of getting it. I only played it once at a Gamestop when it barely came out. How's the online? The same like Mario Kart DS with the hackers? lol

--

Yeah, the CPU's are the best. They somehow catch up after using a star or the golden mushroom. Have you guys ever heard of the DK BOOST?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ BiS should had been longer. )=

☯ I love the gameplay, and puzzles, but didn't enjoy how many mini games they had, though I felt that there wasn't enough mini games in the previous Mario & Luigi games.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
So guys, I decided to dust off my GBA SP, and I was playing Mario Kart: Super Circuit. I cannot power slide to save my life.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
can you believe that I don't have Mario Kart Wii?! I was thinking of getting it. I only played it once at a Gamestop when it barely came out. How's the online? The same like Mario Kart DS with the hackers? lol

--

Yeah, the CPU's are the best. They somehow catch up after using a star or the golden mushroom. Have you guys ever heard of the DK BOOST?
The online is OK, except for the fact that you have to wait forever between races. :urg:

Also, if you want to compete for time trials online, that is where you'll find the hackers.
There are some levels where the world record is around .003 seconds. It really put me off of it.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Yeah. If I'm playing Mario Kart Wii Time Trials I'm going offline or sharing records with friends.
Me too. It's more fun with actual friends, anyways. :)
Not that I was ever good at time trials.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
In Double Dash, if you start a mini-turbo and you hit a wall, it doesn't go away. It makes life easier.

BSP

Smash Legend
I couldn't powerslide in 64 at all. I went flying all over the track trying to control that thing.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Playing Super Circuit competitively is possibly the most competitive if your the type to play with items off. Since you can add Triple Mushroom like in Time Trials during VS mood.

UberMario

Smash Master
☯ Playing Super Circuit competitively is possibly the most competitive if your the type to play with items off. Since you can add Triple Mushroom like in Time Trials during VS mood.
I agree, the lap times are INSANE in MK:SC (it's like a full 100cc [in comparison with the other Mario Karts] above what is listed]. I mean look at these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3BBtEU_iJE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVdLCPwCpB4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re6eui11v9Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPcuAYkE6bU&feature=related

The funny thing is, I can snake on Toad's Turnpike 64, but never knew you could snake in MKSC. XD

I should try that.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I like Double Dash better than mario kart wii. : ]

And the original is da bess!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I just can't get used to SMK. It's too slow for me. :p

Also, Rainbow Road on GBA is hell easy. You can get under a minute using the bouncing rails :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom