• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Top 10 Newcomers?
1: King K. Rool
2: Isaac
3: Inklings
4: Krystal
5: Rayman
6: Shantae
7: Phoenix Wright
8: Someone from Final Fantasy
9: Waluigi
And just to fill in a tenth place Wonder Red.
(I'll once more say that I often have difficulty establishing a true top 10 list, but Top 3 are definitely my most wanted. Everyone else I know will bring a lot of hype, especially Phoenix Wright for me)

In regards to Pokémon - on the idea of Pokémon Trainer returning but with a 'Stand' mechanic where he calls out Pokémon when he needs to, I think it'd be feasible in the next generation of Smash with a stronger processor. I'm fine with Pokémon for now, especially now that Mewtwo is back.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
1. Inklings
2. Krystal
3. Isaac
4. Nah (from FE, yes that's her name, from my profile pic)
5. Phoenix Wright (with Edgeworth alt)
6. Shantae
7. K. Rool
8. Wolf
9. Ajna
10. Any of my other favorite FE characters (that's right, I don't care if we already have like a million of them)

My heart breaks when I make these lists, because I know a lot of them don't have a snowball of a chance of getting in.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Top 10 Newcomers
1) Krystal
2) Sceptile
3) Ridley
4) Midna (With Wolf Link or Twili Wolf)
5) Knuckles
6) Zoroark
7) Inkling
8) Banjo & Kazooie
9) Isaac
10) King K. Rool

Alice Margatroid

Doll Judgement
I feel bad because the only character on my wishlist is Wolf and his chances are phenomenally good at the moment, I hope you guys get something at least slightly satisfactory with the next bundle.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
1. Ray 01/MK III
2. Chibi Robo
3. Lyn
4. Ephraim
5. Inkling
6. K. Rool
7. Dixie Kong
8. Ridley
9. Black Mage
10. Bandana Dee

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
1. Shovel Knight
2. Rayman
3. Wolf
4. Pichu
5. King K. Rool
6. Ridley
7. Isaac
8. Ray MKII
9. Sheriff
10. Zant/Midna/Skull Kid/Young Link/LITERALLY ANY ZELDA CHARACTER

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
Top 10 newcomers since everyone else is doing it

1. Sceptile
2. Rayman
3. Bandana Dee
4. Impa
5. Krystal
6. Shadow
7. Cia
8. Zoroark
9. Gardevior
10. Tie between K.rool and Waluigi

I also want :wolf: and :snake: back.

Kind of sad that most of these don't have much of a chance.

Last edited:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
We talking Indivisible Ajna? because I just finished the beta for the second time and I would LOVE this.
Yesssss, somebody knows who I'm talking about ^_^

I know it's not confirmed whether the project is a go yet or not, but her character would fit SO well in Smash. If her game makes it then I would take her over a hundred Shantaes or Shovel Knights.

Yesssss, somebody knows who I'm talking about ^_^

I know it's not confirmed whether the project is a go yet or not, but her character would fit SO well in Smash. If her game makes it then I would take her over a hundred Shantaes or Shovel Knights.
Yeah I pledged $30 (first time ever backing crowd funding) because the game looks so amazing. Too bad we'll be lucky to get it on PC, let alone Wii U /NX meaning Ajna is totally ineligible. I want a Zebei AT super bad. Why did I change my avi away from him. EDIT screw it we're going back.

You guys should all support Indivisible by the way. Metroidvania RPG with an awesome art style.

Last edited:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Yeah I pledged $30 (first time ever backing crowd funding) because the game looks so amazing. Too bad we'll be lucky to get it on PC, let alone Wii U /NX meaning Ajna is totally ineligible. I want a Zebei AT super bad. Why did I change my avi away from him. EDIT screw it we're going back.

You guys should all support Indivisible by the way. Metroidvania RPG with an awesome art style.
Exact same situation for me. I've never backed an Indie game before, but I played the prototyped and loved both the game and Ajna's character (I've got a soft spot for tomboy characters). Gave $30 to the cause, and will probably give it more in the future. I, too, encourage all of you guys to try the Indivisible prototype, you won't regret it!

Anyways, as to not derail the thread with my Indivisible fanboyism, here's a couple of questions for all of you. Realistically, what are you expecting/predictions from the Nintendo Direct this year? How many DLC characters do you think they'll announce, and do you think we'll get any more stages (for example like what happened last direct, where we got a new stage paired with Ryu)?

D

Deleted member

Top 10 Newcomers?

10.Krystal.
9. Professor Layton
8. Daisy
7. Rayman
6. Bandana Dee
5. Inkling.
4. Shovel Knight.
3. Shantae
2. Isaac
1. King K. Rool.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Not a wish list but for me a list of over due characters who've long deserved to be a fighter. Note that Ridley is my all time favorite.

10 - ?
9 - ??
8 - ???
7 - Sukapon
6 - Takamaru
5 - Ganon
4 - Ridley
3 - K Rool
2 - Toad
1 - Dixie

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Anyways, as to not derail the thread with my Indivisible fanboyism, here's a couple of questions for all of you. Realistically, what are you expecting/predictions from the Nintendo Direct this year? How many DLC characters do you think they'll announce, and do you think we'll get any more stages (for example like what happened last direct, where we got a new stage paired with Ryu)?
I'm expecting all three DLC characters to be announced, along with a stage or two.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I honestly think Ninty's going to release 4 characters at once since it's been so long, not sure on how many they'd reveal at first, but because of that I'd guess 4 or 3, along with that I'd expect around two new stages and at least one returning stage to go along with them.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
1- K. Roll
2- Isaac
3- Inkling
4- Andy
5- Bomberman
6- Banjo n Kazooie
7- Simon Belmont
8- Ridley
9- Rayman
10- Sceptile

That's all folks.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
1. King K.Rool
2. Isaac
3. Impa
4. Dixie Kong
5. Wolf
6. Blastoise (**** yeah)
7. Cranky Kong / Lanky Kong
8. Anthony Higgs
9. I Don't Care
10. Anymore At This Point

richy90

Smash Rookie
10) Waluigi
9) K. Rool
8) Krystal
7) Ridley
6) Impa
5) Bayonetta
4) Wolf
3) Ivysaur
2) Arcanus/Alex (GS)
1) Isaac/Matthew (GS)

All of them very plausible choices besides my personal craving, Alex. Reasons:
-We need more villains. And not just big and clumsy villains.
-We lost an ice character (Ice Climbers), and only have Greninja as a water one. A Mercury adept can fix that. Weaponless, just water currents turning ice when attacking. You know it's cool.
-He could have a Piers skin and I'll be even more happy.

Last edited:
Exact same situation for me. I've never backed an Indie game before, but I played the prototyped and loved both the game and Ajna's character (I've got a soft spot for tomboy characters). Gave $30 to the cause, and will probably give it more in the future. I, too, encourage all of you guys to try the Indivisible prototype, you won't regret it!

3 three characters, all newcomers (hopefully), each paired with a new stage. And maybe some info on the next dlc wave.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Everyone put in your predictions!!! (Nothing is an applicable answer if you really want to be that guy.)

Mine is Chibi Robo.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm that guy; anything can happen and nothing is certain.

If Metroid gets a semblance of content in the event Smash gets something shown I'll be a happy man.

And of course...I still hope any of Sylux, Snake, King K. Rool or Rayman make it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm that guy; anything can happen and nothing is certain.

If Metroid gets a semblance of content in the event Smash gets something shown I'll be a happy man.

And of course...I still hope any of Sylux, Snake, King K. Rool or Rayman make it.
Best am hoping for is a Anthony Higgs Gunner costume. Ever since seeing Mii Gunners, I want this to happen extremely badly.

ALSO, it seems that the 4chan rumor is turning out to be legit now! According to the leaker, we'd get 6 characters, and 3 will be available from the get-go. I don't remember much else from the leak, except from release dates, Twilight Princess and Mario Sunshine HD remakes, and a tribute to Iwata somewhere in the Direct, but am definitely looking out for it!

Btw, I think one of the 3 innitial characters is going to be Wolf.

Last edited:

Joseppo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yosemite_JIT
Finally! The time has come!
Seriously, it was about damn time for this Direct, it's been nearly half a year without any info.
I don't even know how I survived this long with this drought of news.

richy90

Smash Rookie
My prediction is 2 characters get announced:
- Last pre-ballot character (Wolf)
- One from the ballot winners. (K.Rool?)
And a last announcement saying that we can expect a few more characters from the ballot, and maybe be teased (Isaac?)

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Honestly, I really don't like the idea of the ballot character (if it's only one) being a veteran. If we're getting a fan-voted character, let it be somebody we haven't had before; have some of the veterans be additional DLC like in the Royu situation, but I don't want the DLC to be almost entirely veterans; that's really uncreative and it's sort of boring.

I'd be happy if we got K.Rool and Wolf, personally.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
It's crazy how none of the info has been leaked yet. I don't know what to do with myself since I don't know what I'm getting ahead of time lol. This is uncharted territory for Smash 4.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
If it's one character, my bet is on Inkling.

If it's two characters, my bet is either Wolf and Inkling or Wolf and K. Rool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom