• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argos

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 85229

Here's an interesting chart (not made by me) categorizing characters based on what system they made their debut in. Notice how we don't have any characters from the Wii U and only one DS character (Lucario).
Really interesting when the DS is the most successful Nintendo console of all time, though I assume a lot of that is due to a lot of the DS market moving over to mobile and not having a lot of overlap with Smash fans.

Just quickly looking through the DS library these seem to be the best selling new IPs on the system:

1. Nintendogs
2. Brain Age
3. Big Brain Academy
4. Professor Layton
5. Tomodachi Collection
6. English Training
7. Cooking Mama
8. Flash Focus
9. Style Savvy
10. Art Academy

So yeah, a good amount of "casual" (not meant as an insult, btw) games without prominent main characters - the two titles named after a single character are Layton and Cooking Mama, neither by Nintendo. It's going to be difficult to represent the era with characters, though obviously not impossible.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I think the only thing stopping more Pokémon from getting in is TPC itself. It's so stubborn when it comes to regulating how other companies use their Pokémon. You'd think they'd be happy with their characters receiving more exposure, but they refuse to let Yoshi's Woolly World costumes function with Pokémon amiibos and they didn't allow the Pokémon costumes in SMM to have their own sound effects. It's just ridiculous.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Oh you didn't get the joke, Cloud did Break the limits for him to be in Smash, You know like doing nothing special Nintendo history and then being added In Nintendo all stars, it's just like breaking the wall.
Alright then, using your arbitrary rule Cloud is actually more important to Nintendo history than Geno. He's appeared in:

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (GBA)
Kingdom Hearts: reCoded (DS)
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (3DS)
Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS)

That's more games than Geno ever will be.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I still really hope like Scorpion is the guy that comes in as the next huge surprise. I think him or subzero, Banjo & Kazooie, Spyro, or Crash would be like the few characters that would fall into a similar place as cloud where everyone recognizes them but no one would suspect them to be in smash

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Alright then, using your arbitrary rule Cloud is actually more important to Nintendo history than Geno. He's appeared in:

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (GBA)
Kingdom Hearts: reCoded (DS)
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (3DS)
Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS)

That's more games than Geno ever will be.
You are going so far I don't want to continue talking about this because it would make the thread goes upside down.
I just made a joke that's it...

Argos

Smash Apprentice
I still really hope like Scorpion is the guy that comes in as the next huge surprise. I think him or subzero, Banjo & Kazooie, Spyro, or Crash would be like the few characters that would fall into a similar place as cloud where everyone recognizes them but no one would suspect them to be in smash
The problem with Mortal Kombat characters is that it's pretty much a non-entity in Japan, iirc. Never say never, of course.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm sorry but are we really comparing Geno to Cloud now?

Ok...

-Cloud has had a starring role in his game and has had many supporting roles and cameos in other games since then including Tactics and Kingdom hearts; Geno was a supporting character in a spin-off title...
-He is still pretty dam relevant as he is featured in three upcoming games being Dissidia, Explorers, and the much anticipated FFVII Remake, whereas Geno hasn't had a solid appearance in more over 20 years...
-arguably the face of the Final Fantasy franchise which is the pinnacle of RPG games and one of gaming's biggest franchises (selling more than 110 million games worldwide, FFVII has sold more than 9 million; SMRPG has sold more than 2 million), -remember 'Nintendo' games such as Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Earthbound, and even SMRPG would probably not exsist if it weren't for Final Fantasy...
-:4myfriends:there is a reason Ike was chosen to be the 'Sephiroth' in Cloud's trailer...Great Aether = basically a Fiery Omnislash...weird some other characters have similar Final Smash's :4link::4tlink::4greninja::4miibrawl::4robinm:...
-One of the most iconic video game swordsmen of all time next to Nintendo's own Link, as a result he is essentially the Sonic to Link's Mario...a large fraction of video gamers will recognize the Buster Sword, that in of itself is a big deal...
-Cloud is MUCH MUCH more popular
-Cloud has still appeared in more games on Nintendo consoles than Geno

-and last but not least....:4cloud: <---Geno doesn't have one of these :troll:...

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Have there ever been characters revealed to coincide with games or anniversaries? Because if so, Pokémon's 20th anniversary is coming up soon and Star Fox Zero is right around the corner.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Have their ever been characters revealed to coincide with games or anniversaries?
Most of them did.

Little Mac was on the same day as Punch-Out!! (not the same year)

ZSS was around the same day as Zero Mission, iirc. (not the same year)

Villager was the same week as New Leaf. (unless you're Japanese)

Toon Link was around the same time as Wind Waker HD.

And the list goes on...

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If we were going to get another fighting character, Sakurai would not have billed Ryu as 'the fighting icon.'
I absolutely think Scorpion could work (and while Ed Boon may want Scorpion in, I could easily see Sakurai going with the other half of the mascot, Sub Zero, for a more cartoony vibe, as which gore can definitely be read), but I see his issue being with what we have already gotten. Only due to Sakurai's wording, nothing more and nothing less.

Most of them did.

Little Mac was on the same day as Punch-Out!! (not the same year)

ZSS was around the same day as Zero Mission, iirc. (not the same year)

Villager was the same week as New Leaf. (unless you're Japanese)

Toon Link was around the same time as Wind Waker HD.

And the list goes on...
...does the list go on?
I don't know how something like ZSS could possibly count. At that point, a Mario character being revealed at any point is relevant to either a new release, new marketing campaign, previous release, a rerelease, etc...

I feel as though the question was directly related to big events (series origin) or directly tied promotion to a new release.
And if it was not meant that way, then it doesn't actually make any sense, for the reasons stated above, and more.

I do think the idea of Master Chief getting in is a complete joke. I get that he's an icon, but even though FF7 was a Sony exclusive for a long time, the Final Fantasy series in general has had a very, very strong presence with Nintendo. On the flipside, Halo has always been almost exclusively on XBox consoles, and has had absolutely nothing to do with Nintendo- Bungie has NEVER had anything to do with Nintendo, either, so it's not like they're a buddy-buddy third party company to them. Sonic was the original rival to Mario but has since been very involved with Nintendo, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Ryu have all had a plethora of games on Nintendo's systems over the years; and even Metal Gear has a couple of its main games on the Gamecube and 3DS. The first 6 Final Fantasy games were all on Nintendo systems, have had remakes and ports to the GBA and DS, and many spin-offs later on too. I don't really get after how looking at all of that, people think Master Chief is the next logical step. To me, it makes most sense for Nintendo to add gaming icons that have something to do with them.
There is this recurring statement that Sonic's important to Nintendo because he was the rival.
I'm not sure if most of those who spout this fact are aware of what it actually means.
It means that Sonic was around to take sales away from Nintendo and over to Sega, which had its own systems at the time.

There is absolutely no difference between this and what Master Chief signifies today, none. The only thing we have now is perspective that Sega lost. To claim a 'rivalry' makes Sonic somehow a Nintendo-worthy character, but that this is the fault of someone like Master Chief, ignores the facts.

...this post is not just a response to you, Amberloo, but to all those who say that Sonic's rivalry is what makes him important to Nintendo. It's a misappropriation of what happened in the 90s.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I don't get why OR/AS only got a few measly trophies as representation in Smash. You'd think it would have gotten more. And "being too new" doesn't make sense either when Yoshi's Woolly World got an entire stage.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
For fun, these are my third party characters.
-Scorpion
-Lara Croft
-Banjo Kazooie
-Rayman
-Bomberman
-Spyro

(And I still want Layton and Mama).
Other than Snake's inclusion, this is actually a much simpler list than I thought I would have.
Tails would be great, I would understand S.Belmont, and I personally would love Crash. But they arent on par with the ones above, to me. I'd like Agumon, but I just cannot fathom that as an option, particularly in the way I would want him.

Okay, I also think that Master Chief, Minecraft Steve, and Angry Birds, would make great characters.
So now its... a pretty long list. But the six above are the ones for me, likely with Agumon next in my line of personal taste.

This also hinges on many other conversations. In part, let's talk about WB and Sony. Both are synonymous with being on-screen titans. (Microsoft, too, with computers and phones, has its own niche outside of Nintendo). In this world where Nintendo may be aiming to get tv series and movies, onto smartphones and theme parks... its not really out of the question that they are looking beyond the systems that are carried by the name of the brand. Universal, Disney, Sony, WB... these arent at all related to gaming alone. (Nintendo, to me, is the most pure gaming titan, for this reason, but that is another point).

*Sorry for double if this is one, phones are rough.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I don't get why OR/AS only got a few measly trophies as representation in Smash. You'd think it would have gotten more. And "being too new" doesn't make sense either when Yoshi's Woolly World got an entire stage.
They missed the opportunity to put in some sweet OR/AS music too, but Pokemon representation has always been meh imo
Music selection is weak overall for Pokemon, and I really really wished that Nintendo/Sakurai would consider Music DLCs to alleviate it

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Cloud: One of the most wellknown and beloved characters in all of gaming, and pretty much revolutionized RPGS, becoming the face of RPGs himself
Geno: The second least popular playable character who was an unimportant side character in a game Europe didn't get until another ten years
If anyone here legitimately thinks Geno would have been a smarter choice, please, grow the **** up out of your anti-'Nintendo kerechturs' shtick. Geno means absolutely nothing, the only noteworthy thing is that he was popular back in Brawl. And he's now only got a shred of said popularity. Cloud has always been one of gaming's most popular characters. who, by the by, is also the main character and most popular character in the most requested GAME! The FFVII remake! Saying Geno should be alongside Cloud is an absolute insult to the Final Fantasy franchise, which had it's beginnings with Nintendo and still has been with Nintendo. I also want to argue this. What would make a game sell better. A character that hasn't been recognized in over 20 years with a smidge of popularity, or one of the most popular gaming characters period? If you still think Geno would be better, please, have some dignity

Geno Boost

Smash Master
First of all Geno and Cloud both represent something completley different and they have different situations.
SMRPG = represent Nintendo history
FF/CT/DQ/TR = represent Square-enix history
Geno is in the same level as the Nintendo characters he doesnt need to be huge or anything like that because Geno whole history was only with Nintendo, also he would be counted as Mario rep and not a 3rd party because he doesnt belong to the 3rd party characters if his history shows that he has only been with Nintendo games/franchise.
also SMRPG is important in Nintendo history i still dont understand why people call him "one side character from 1 game" if he is going to represent something important in Nintendo history, remeber Duck hunt dog? he wasnt the main character, the hunter was, but Duck hunt was not added because he is "one side character from 1 game" but he was rather added to represent something important in Nintendo history, same goes for Geno.
it doesnt matter if the character was obscure or how many the character games appeared in as long as there is something special behind the character wich is the game itself.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
First of all Geno and Cloud both represent something completley different and they have different situations.
SMRPG = represent Nintendo history
FF/CT/DQ/TR = represent Square-enix history
Geno is in the same level as the Nintendo characters he doesnt need to be huge or anything like that because Geno whole history was only with Nintendo, also he would be counted as Mario rep and not a 3rd party because he doesnt belong to the 3rd party characters if his history shows that he has only been with Nintendo games/franchise.
also SMRPG is important in Nintendo history i still dont understand why people call him "one side character from 1 game" if he is going to represent something important in Nintendo history, remeber Duck hunt dog? he wasnt the main character, the hunter was, but Duck hunt was not added because he is "one side character from 1 game" but he was rather added to represent something important in Nintendo history, same goes for Geno.
it doesnt matter if the character was obscure or how many the character games appeared in as long as there is something special behind the character wich is the game itself.
First of all, I'm only replying to this because ignored members still pop up on Watched Threads.
Geno is a side character who isn't important, he's not even close to the level of Goombas, Cuccoos, Bronto Burts or even Thardus.
SMRPG might be considered important to Nintendo history. But Peach already represents it, and Geno isn't important, so he had no impact on that. First party and third party characters, something that applies to Geno because ALPHADREAM DOESN'T ****ING OWN HIM, simply can't compare to eachother, so stop bringing up retro characters. Retro characters represent something not in Smash, SMRPG already has 3 of it's 5 playable characters, with some Smash moves likely taking inspiration from the game, most notably with Peach. With DLC, it DOES matter if the character's obscure or not, as DLC needs to sell well, and having something obscure, AKA, something almost nobody knows, is an extremely high risk.
Also, FF DOES represent SMRPG. Kulex and FFIV's boss theme were in the game, and had the initial Final Fantasy not been such a major success, SE wouldn't exist, meaning no FFVII or SMRPG.
Also, before you try crying Geno is owned by Mario again and that Alphadream owns him, let me tell you this so get the earwax out of your ears, because you keep pretending not to hear this. Alphadream only said they'd LIKE to use Geno again. Saying that Alphadream OWNS Geno is the exact same as saying Tecmo Koei owns Star Wars because they'd LIKE to make a Star Wars Musou. The guy at Alphadream was only asked because he was SMRPG's director. Good day

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Yeah, we totally need a brand new character for each Mario game.

Can't wait for Il Piantissimo to reppity-represent Sunshine.
Oh and don't forget about Bowser's Inside Story, we totally need Broggy the Block Dog to represent that game.
Rosalina repping all Galaxy Games is wrong, we need a seperate DK Rap Rep for the second game. Dino Piranha Dinos the fight.
Yoshi's Cookie was also important, Mario and Yoshi don't rep that at all we need a seperate Yoshi Cookie to represent this master piece.
Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix needs a rep as well Dancer Waluigi for Smash gUyz.

EDIT: GUYZ WE NEED THE RABBIT FROM MARIO 64 BECAUSE IT WAS A MASTERPIECE AND DESPITE THE ENTIRE MAIN CAST BEING IN SMASH ALREADY WE ALSO NEED THE RABBIT FOR ARBITRARY REASONS TO REP THE GAME.
MARIO ALREADY HAS ALL OF HIS MOVESET DERIVED FROM THIS GAME BUT WE NEED THE RABBIT TO REP IT

Super Mario RPG already has a rep, three to be exact.
Mario, Peach (who has most of her moveset derived from SMRPG) and Bowser.

No reason to give SMRPG its original character when it already has its main character, and it's not Geno.
It's Mario.
Stop pretending SMRPG was Geno's game.

Super MARIO RPG.
MARIO is the main character, and he's in the game already.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah, we totally need a brand new character for each Mario game.

Can't wait for Il Piantissimo to reppity-represent Sunshine.
Oh and don't forget about Bowser's Inside Story, we totally need Broggy the Block Dog to represent that game.
Rosalina repping all Galaxy Games is wrong, we need a seperate DK Rap Rep for the second game. Dino Piranha Dinos the fight.
Yoshi's Cookie was also important, Mario and Yoshi don't rep that at all we need a seperate Yoshi Cookie to represent this master piece.
Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix needs a rep as well Dancer Waluigi for Smash gayz.

Super Mario RPG already has a rep, three to be exact.
Mario, Peach (who has most of her moveset derived from SMRPG) and Bowser.

No reason to give SMRPG its original character when it already has its main character, and it's not Geno.
It's Mario.
Stop pretending SMRPG was Geno's game.

Super MARIO RPG.
MARIO is the main character, and he's in the game already.
Not to meantion Geno could be taken out of the party, not Mario

Geno Boost

Smash Master
First of all, I'm only replying to this because ignored members still pop up on Watched Threads.
Geno is a side character who isn't important, he's not even close to the level of Goombas, Cuccoos, Bronto Burts or even Thardus.
SMRPG might be considered important to Nintendo history. But Peach already represents it, and Geno isn't important, so he had no impact on that. First party and third party characters, something that applies to Geno because ALPHADREAM DOESN'T ****ING OWN HIM, simply can't compare to eachother, so stop bringing up retro characters. Retro characters represent something not in Smash, SMRPG already has 3 of it's 5 playable characters, with some Smash moves likely taking inspiration from the game, most notably with Peach. With DLC, it DOES matter if the character's obscure or not, as DLC needs to sell well, and having something obscure, AKA, something almost nobody knows, is an extremely high risk.
Also, FF DOES represent SMRPG. Kulex and FFIV's boss theme were in the game, and had the initial Final Fantasy not been such a major success, SE wouldn't exist, meaning no FFVII or SMRPG.
Also, before you try crying Geno is owned by Mario again and that Alphadream owns him, let me tell you this so get the earwax out of your ears, because you keep pretending not to hear this. Alphadream only said they'd LIKE to use Geno again. Saying that Alphadream OWNS Geno is the exact same as saying Tecmo Koei owns Star Wars because they'd LIKE to make a Star Wars Musou. The guy at Alphadream was only asked because he was SMRPG's director. Good day
Geno is important side character in SMRPG, most of the story focus around him because the seven stars is the main quest in SMRPG and they have huge connection to Geno to collect them all and help him.
Peach doesn't rep SMRPG because she wasn't created in that game, also I already know Geno is not owned by alphadream why are you repeating this million times?
It doesn't matter, Geno does contain huge hype he has been the most requested square Enix character since brawl and he is still popular since 2006 and he never appeared in the newest generation of gaming, even if some people wouldn't recognize they would still buy him because they would be interested on his moveset and he is a type of fighter that we never got in smash.
FF doesn't represent SMRPG because they are both completely different games it's not a squel of anything.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Geno is important side character in SMRPG, most of the story focus around him because the seven stars is the main quest in SMRPG and they have huge connection to Geno to collect them all and help him.
Peach doesn't rep SMRPG because she wasn't created in that game, also I already know Geno is not owned by alphadream why are you repeating this million times?
It doesn't matter, Geno does contain huge hype he has been the most requested square Enix character since brawl and he is still popular since 2006 and he never appeared in the newest generation of gaming, even if some people wouldn't recognize they would still buy him because they would be interested on his moveset and he is a type of fighter that we never got in smash.
FF doesn't represent SMRPG because they are both completely different games it's not a squel of anything.
1. So what?
The Wind Fish is an important side character in Link's Awakening as well.
But SMRPG, just like Link's Awakening, is not an important game.

But SMRPG does not need a special newcomer outside the party members we already have in the game.
Just because Mario has more games under his belt doesn't mean he doesn't rep Mario RPG.
He reps it as much as he reps Super Mario Galaxy and as much as Yoshi's Safari.

Heck, Super Mario 64, one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time did not a rep according to your silly rule.
Super MARIO RPG is not this holy grail that does not have sufficient representation with half of the party appearing in this game.

Smash Bros. does not need Geno to rep SMRPG, just like it doesn't need Dino Piranha to rep Super Mario Galaxy 2, like it doesn't need Yoshi Cookie to rep Yoshi's Cookie, like it doesn't need Il Piantissimo to rep Sunshine and like it doesn't need Rabbit to rep Super Mario 64.

They're all far from the main character and those games have enough representation by having the damn main cast in Smash.

Subjective chatter about having hype for a dead character blablabla

Pidgey can also have a moveset that has never been seen before, not a reason at all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
By the way, @SmashChu I know the only reason you said it should have been Geno is your anti-Non Nintendo bias, but something I want to point out. You said Geno wound be better for Nintendo fans. Europe didn't get SMRPG for over a decade, so that's an entire continent with Nintendo fans who may not even know Geno, not to mention a better SE suggestion would be an actual Final Fantasy character, as Cecil, Bartz and Terra are all fairly popular protagonists who were on Nintendo consoles. And the final thing I want to point out...Considering FF started on Nintendo and became very successful, it's very safe to assume that Nintendo fans decided to get a PS1 back in the day for FFVII, so Cloud would also be popular among Nintendo fans

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
When will you get the memo?
Every character has a different motive that relates to Smithy.
They've taken over Bowser's Keep - Bowser's motive
They're a threat to the Muishroom Kingdom - Mario and Peach's motive
They're a threat to Nimbus land - Mallow (who by extension wanted to get to Nimbus Land because that's where his real family is)
Geno's the only one that gives a damn about the Star Road.

Peach uses the Frying Pan as one of her smash attacks and her Final Smash is a reference to one of her special moves.
Why do you keep repeating the same drivel about how "important" Geno is?

*Most requested in your own little echo chamber.
Not appearing in the current generation of the gaming is a point against him.
Only people that'd buy him are completionists and Geno fans. Anyone else would not buy him because he's obscure. DLC has to sell. Geno will not sell.
:4rob:Moveset:4fox: is:4falcon: not:4duckhunt: an:4wiifitm: argument:4pacman:.

Final Fantasy is a (J)RPG. So is Super Mario RPG. SMRPG also had Culex as a secret boss who was a reference to the Final Fantasy series.
Cloud is THE (J)RPG character meaning he encompasses all (J)RPGs like Ryu is THE Fighting game character.

The best Geno can get is a Mii costume.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
1. So what?
The Wind Fish is an important side character in Link's Awakening as well.
But SMRPG, just like Link's Awakening, is not an important game.

But SMRPG does not need a special newcomer outside the party members we already have in the game.
Just because Mario has more games under his belt doesn't mean he doesn't rep Mario RPG.
He reps it as much as he reps Super Mario Galaxy and as much as Yoshi's Safari.

Heck, Super Mario 64, one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time did not a rep according to your silly rule.
Super MARIO RPG is not this holy grail that does not have sufficient representation with half of the party appearing in this game.

Smash Bros. does not need Geno to rep SMRPG, just like it doesn't need Dino Piranha to rep Super Mario Galaxy 2, like it doesn't need Yoshi Cookie to rep Yoshi's Cookie, like it doesn't need Il Piantissimo to rep Sunshine and like it doesn't need Rabbit to rep Super Mario 64.

They're all far from the main character and those games have enough representation by having the damn main cast in Smash.

Subjective chatter about having hype for a dead character blablabla

Pidgey can also have a moveset that has never been seen before, not a reason at all.
I am not saying that anyone should rep the game I am saying an original [playable character from the game (like dark pit)/Villan (like koopalings)/character that made huge rule in the game (like palutena)] should rep the game, if those type of characters weren't in the game then the character that we already have does rep the game, so Mario 64 is already repped by Mario himself because there isn't other original characters that were huge in the game other than Bowser and Peach but SMRPG has Geno wich was an original character who played huge in the game wich means SMRPG isn't repped yet.

Pidgy Wouldn't interest people as much as Geno would.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I am not saying that anyone should rep the game I am saying an original [playable character from the game (like dark pit)/Villan (like koopalings)/character that made huge rule in the game (like palutena)] should rep the game, if those type of characters weren't in the game then the character that we already have does rep the game, so Mario 64 is already repped by Mario himself because there isn't other original characters that were huge in the game other than Bowser and Peach but SMRPG has Geno wich was an original character who played huge in the game wich means SMRPG isn't repped yet.

Original characters?
DONUT STEEL CONFIRMED!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I see the Geno fans are in denial again.
Honestly, it's not the Geno fans. If someone likes Geno, that's fine, more power to you! If you think Geno would be a better choice, isn't owned by SE and pretend he's bigger than he actually is, that's where it's wrong. Likewise, if one fan of K.Rool said Sakurai needs to kill himself for not adding him, it's not wise to group all of the K.Rool fans as that kind of person. It's a vocal minority, which is odd for a character that has next to no popularity these days. Hell, a friend of mine who likes SMRPG said he'd buy every DLC character, outside of Geno despite the fact he likes the guy in SMRPG

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

*By your self-crafted rule that only applies to Geno because you want it to be.

Good day

And nobody can resist Pidgey

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Technically, nobody debuted there, as Sheik is Zelda and Ganondorf is a Ganon incarnation
This is why we need banjo kazooie.

On the Geno subject just cause he's in my name I should probably say something, imo his chance was in Brawl as a left field choice and as a chance to bring back his character and possibly renew good faith between square and nintendo. this was in the days when we thought brawl would have a roster the size of smash 4 and snake had everyone thinking up crazy outlandish characters that might be in the game and we all got disappointed. Geno scored high on a japanese poll back in those days and that was where most of his backing comes from but that poll is long dead and now if we get a geno mii costume i'll be shocked and ecstatic but I'm in no way holding my breath and if geno gets anything in smash it'll be a nod to his hype during the brawl days but he's not happening now. If smash ballot had happened for brawl geno would be shovel knight status, highly requested out there character but probably wont happen. cloud was clearly the better square choice even if personally I don't care about cloud much while if it HAD been Geno I'd be maining him, fact remains it should be cloud and it is cloud, he represents square far better than geno.

I'd still love to see geno in this game in some way and i'd love to see him revived maybe in mario kart or something, maybe getting geno back will be part of this cloud deal or might result from a better nintendo/square relationship who knows but he was never the right rep from square for smash, he was just the hype rep from brawl speculation days.

also not to sound like a jerk and i base this on just a feeling from the way people used to talk about certain characters but i feel the age level of your average person on this site has changed since those days and far less smash fans are older and appreciate mario rpg the way the average smash fan did during the brawl days. of course the time between when mario rpg and other retro games were released and how long it's been since they got any recognition has changed as well and that of course seems to not help there likelihood... K Rool is avoiding this even in just having the mii costume and the copyright of his name renewed, whether or not he becomes a dlc character his fan base has saved him from the oblivion of forgotten characters who have been gone for "too long".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom