• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ew...

Also, How are your stage choices so bad?

I kid, I kid
Kinda
One reason: ♪I'm bad, I'm bad, I'm really really really bad!♪
I was watching shofu's Japan Time podcast. Somebody said the Brawl theme playing meant that Tabuu was going to be a newcomer.
Plz noh
Tabuu was bland as **** and is a Marx ripoff in terms of his fight, not to mention the only good thing about him was his boss theme.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
One reason: ♪I'm bad, I'm bad, I'm really really really bad!♪

Plz noh
Tabuu was bland as **** and is a Marx ripoff in terms of his fight, not to mention the only good thing about him was his boss theme.
He was a ham sandwich in terms of personality, yes, but I think the concept of him was interesting. Though I don't see how he could be playable without being completely and retardedly broken.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
He was a ham sandwich in terms of personality, yes, but I think the concept of him was interesting. Though I don't see how he could be playable without being completely and retardedly broken.
Ham sandwiches have more personality, especially as 'hammy' could be considered part of a personality
Just take his moves and make him a heavy hitter, nerf him. It's not THAT hard to make characters most known for their boss fights playable and balance them

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ham sandwiches have more personality, especially as 'hammy' could be considered part of a personality
Just take his moves and make him a heavy hitter, nerf him. It's not THAT hard to make characters most known for their boss fights playable and balance them
Unless they happened to be named Ridley....according to Sakurai...

DLC talk, eh? *reads thread title* I'm so dumb! :facepalm:

Anyway, what would you guys want as stages for DLC?

I'd personally like a Bowser stage, a Wii U-exclusive Splatoon stage, some stages that were planned before being scrapped and a bunch of stages from the other versions as free DLC.
Bowser's Castle, either Gangplank Galleon or The Flying Krock, Fountain of Dreams and Poke Floats.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Yeah it is. You can't just take a boss character and make them weaker.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Obviously there's more than that, but it's easy to make a moveset out of his Smash moves and a little creativity
Have you ever made a game?
In which case Sakurai could use a few lessons from Ed Boon in making boss characters into playable characters.
The Mortal Kombat guy? If I had to take a gander, I'm sure Shao Khan, or whoever is the boss for MKX, was specifically made to be a playable character, then a boss.

Tabuu wasn't. Sakurai could turn Tabuu into a playable character, but would have to come up with an entirely new moveset.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Have you ever made a game?
Tabuu wasn't. Sakurai could turn Tabuu into a playable character, but would have to come up with an entirely new moveset.
Yes
I think there's a miscommunication. Tabuu's moves in his boss fight could be altered for Smash purposes. Bullet Rain could be a Side Smash like Mii Gunner or a special. Obviously, the moves would need to be toned down to all hell, but it's possible

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Yes
I think there's a miscommunication. Tabuu's moves in his boss fight could be altered for Smash purposes. Bullet Rain could be a Side Smash like Mii Gunner or a special. Obviously, the moves would need to be toned down to all hell, but it's possible
"Tone down to all hell" That's the problem. The moves have to be toned down a **** ton, that's not easy. At least with other fighting games that let you play the boss, their playability was kept in mind, so toning down Oni from USFIV or Shao Khan from MK isn't hard at all. Tabuu was never meant to be played, toning him down is not as easy as removing a few things and a "bit of creativity"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
"Tone down to all hell" That's the problem. The moves have to be toned down a **** ton, that's not easy. At least with other fighting games that let you play the boss, their playability was kept in mind, so toning down Oni from USFIV or Shao Khan from MK isn't hard at all. Tabuu was never meant to be played, toning him down is not as easy as removing a few things and a "bit of creativity"
That doesn't mean it can't be done though, Tabuu has moves which a fighter could easily fit having. If anything, the only difficulty is figuring what playstyle Tabuu would have and what his stats would be, a moveset is pretty easy, I'm half asleep and I already came up with all specials and a grab

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
That doesn't mean it can't be done though, Tabuu has moves which a fighter could easily fit having. If anything, the only difficulty is figuring what playstyle Tabuu would have and what his stats would be, a moveset is pretty easy, I'm half asleep and I already came up with all specials and a grab
It can be done, but saying it's easy is wrong. Making ideas is easy, actually implementing them isn't.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I can't imagine making Tabuu a moveset and programming it would be any bit harder to implement than say, Rosalina or Shulk
Less the programming, more the design aspect. You can't just look at Tabuu and say nerf him to make him playable. His moves have to actually flow together and make a cohesive character. Perhaps it already does, but I've yet to see evidence of that.

Rosalina's moves were designed to work well with Luma
Shulk's moves were designed to work well with the monado.

Toning down Tabuu may or may not lead to a cohesive character, and in the likely case that it doesn't is where it really gets hard.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Less the programming, more the design aspect. You can't just look at Tabuu and say nerf him to make him playable. His moves have to actually flow together and make a cohesive character. Perhaps it already does, but I've yet to see evidence of that.

Rosalina's moves were designed to work well with Luma
Shulk's moves were designed to work well with the monado.

Toning down Tabuu may or may not lead to a cohesive character, and in the likely case that it doesn't is where it really gets hard.
I actually love making movesets, and if I can make 6 moves in few minutes when half asleep, it shows it CAN be done, though the tilts would be rather tricky. Not impossible though

D

Deleted member

Inklings coming or not.... I'd love an Inkopolis stage.
I love them, their so charming, lively, and and fierce, they'd be great, I hope the Inklings get in, and an Inkpolis stage that moves around to Bluefin Depot, Arowana Mall, and Flounder Heights would be great. Inklings have so much variety in their moveset with the Splattershots, Splat Rollers, Splat Chargers ECT. Plus the ink guage could go down and refill and they could hide in their ink. I hope the Inklings come though!

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I love them, their so charming, lively, and and fierce, they'd be great, I hope the Inklings get in, and an Inkpolis stage that moves around to Bluefin Depot, Arowana Mall, and Flounder Heights would be great. Inklings have so much variety in their moveset with the Splattershots, Splat Rollers, Splat Chargers ECT. Plus the ink guage could go down and refill and they could hide in their ink. I hope the Inklings come though!
What about the chocolate starfish subway tunnel?
That'd make a good stage.

D

Deleted member

What about the chocolate starfish subway tunnel?
That'd make a good stage.
Not a big Splatoon fan eh? Ah that's okay. But a chocolate subway tunnel sounds yummy. Where can I order one?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Even more of a reason why they should be in. But hey they'd be an awesome addition. We'll see who gets in though.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The ink gimmick is very clever.

I could see them splatter ink with the weapons, which would keep some ink on the ground, then crouch over said ink on the ground to refill the tank.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm sure the 3DS could handle the Inklings but that's just me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I think Sakurai could at least try.
Never said he couldn't.
I'm just saying it may hold them back.
It's just a matter if a special/specials which apply a terrain change can work on 3DS.
I can't think of any stages with differing terrain types, other than "water," with Tortimer Island, Wuhu Island, and Pirate Ship... alongside upcoming Midgar during Leviathan's summon.

Edit: Danger Zones; in Great Cave Offensive, Master Fortress and custom stages.
But are the Ice Platforms from Brawl back in Smash 4 custom stage making? Or in the pool for Mario Maker platforms?

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
A territorial Ink mechanic for zoning like we've never see before can't work on 3DS.
That's the biggest one that can hold water at this point.
How do you know it can't work? People keep using this as an argument against the Inklings but they don't have anything to back up the claim...the ink mechanic is a bit different than say Nana's AI...

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
I say Inklings would be perfect for Smash 5. I'm sure the NX can handle them.
Inklings will indeed become a newcomer sooner or later, why vote for them?

Edit: Maybe the 3DS can handle the Inklings, but Ice Climbers were cut from this specific reason, possibly even the Chorus Kids as well. Not to mention Zelda and Sheik were separated from each other, same with Samus and ZSS. This is most likely because of the 3DS limitations.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
How do you know it can't work? People keep using this as an argument against the Inklings but they don't have anything to back up the claim...the ink mechanic is a bit different than say Nana's AI...
Dude.
I'm an Inkling supporter.
I'm saying that the ink factor is pretty much the ONLY argument that has capability of being feasile.
Too New,
Mii Costume,
would be held for smash 5,
Those are ones from the past which have all but been dropped to now.
I'm not TRYING to compare it to AI {edit: of up to 4 (or 8) close-following and input mimicing 60fps characters}, specifically.
I'm talking about a theoretical CHANCE of there to be strain on 3DS RAM to always be handling the application of Ink as a terrain over platforms and walls, especially with over-ride of 4 Inklings all in a free-for-all.

That's the only feasible reason why they "can't" happen at this point.

Edit:
I say Inklings would be perfect for Smash 5. I'm sure the NX can handle them.
Inklings will indeed become a newcomer sooner or later, why vote for them?

Edit: Maybe the 3DS can handle the Inklings, but Ice Climbers were cut from this specific reason, possibly even the Chorus Kids as well. Not to mention Zelda and Sheik were separated from each other, same with Samus and ZSS. This is most likely because of the 3DS limitations.
A) "Why vote for them?" Because they're big nintendo characters that people want to play? They don't have a major reason to not be included now.

B) Ice Climbers were cut because of the RAM not being able to handle the AI partner, even with turned off gravity to tax the engine. :4bowserjr:'s body and mech being technically two entities working as one was barely done in time.

C) Zelda/Sheik, Samus/ZSS, and Charizard-Pokemon Trainer are because transformation characters required the system to always have 2 or even 3 entire character's data for moveset and whatnot on hand ready for RAM in any given slot. Too much for the system to handle.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Dude.
I'm an Inkling supporter.
I'm saying that the ink factor is pretty much the ONLY argument that has capability of being feasile.
Too New,
Mii Costume,
would be held for smash 5,
Those are ones from the past which have all but been dropped to now.
I'm not TRYING to compare it to AI {edit: of up to 4 (or 8) close-following and input mimicing 60fps characters}, specifically.
I'm talking about a theoretical CHANCE of there to be strain on 3DS RAM to always be handling the application of Ink as a terrain over platforms and walls, especially with over-ride of 4 Inklings all in a free-for-all.

That's the only feasible reason why they "can't" happen at this point.
My bad misread your post...

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I heard namco is gonna add their dragon ball heroes original character Beat.

I heard this from some guy on the internet, he seemed trustworthy though.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I heard namco is gonna add their dragon ball heroes original character Beat.

I heard this from some guy on the internet, he seemed trustworthy though.
Well...then I guess it must be true...

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
On the subject of boss battles, I've been thinking how nice it would be to have a character in that acts like a boss. As in, fighting them feels like a boss battle from a platforming game. They could have either great mobility or poor mobility. They'd be able to summon weak enemies. Their attacks would be strong and have insane range, in exchange for leaving them wide open.

SonicMario

Smash Master
On the subject of boss battles, I've been thinking how nice it would be to have a character in that acts like a boss. As in, fighting them feels like a boss battle from a platforming game. They could have either great mobility or poor mobility. They'd be able to summon weak enemies. Their attacks would be strong and have insane range, in exchange for leaving them wide open.
Well in a way Brawl Dedede was this (When he could spawn Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos). Smash 4 changed it so that he could only throw Gordos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom