• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
We are seriously talking about Steve from Minecraft. I repeat, Steve from Minecraft

Times have changed :4cloud:

Last edited:

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
but banjo would be moderately received. people would literally go insane if Chief got in. plus, it makes sense from selection patterns. Chief(arguably, i say Doomguy's the best choice) represents FPSes and is one of the most iconic members of the genre.
So this is how we add characters now? Shock factor?

Actually, I would love Doom Guy in Smash. Not Master Chief or Steve, sorry

Alice Margatroid

Doll Judgement
We are seriously talking about Steve from Minecraft. I repeat, Steve from Minecraft

Honestly.. I hate to be that guy but, just because we can put someone in Smash, does that really mean we should..? I'm all for more characters believe me, and I probably would end up buying/playing him. But I can't help but wince at the thought of him actually making it in.

Morbi

Scavenger
but banjo would be moderately received. people would literally go insane if Chief got in. plus, it makes sense from selection patterns. Chief(arguably, i say Doomguy's the best choice) represents FPSes and is one of the most iconic members of the genre.

OKAY FINE but they're still uniformly trained. John could easily swipe moves from Nicole. btw nicole is canon in DOA, it's funny. XD
I agree that Chief would be better received as more people have a personal connection with him; however, at the same time, I cannot help but feel as though he would have more backlash than most third-party characters because he basically represents the polar opposite of Nintendo. Do not get me wrong, that is reason enough to include him and add to the already staggering diversity, but I feel as though a lot of Nintendo exclusive fans would be disappointed.

Banjo would sort of have the opposite effect but to a lesser extent and that is precisely why I find him to be ideal. But I am not opposed to Chief. I believe that he is a great idea!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Yeah times have changed, and they only got worse :4cloud:

I can't believe it has come down to this. Honestly, I want this final Direct to come as soon as possible.

I believe I'll be satisfied with Wolf and anything from not-Minecraft.

Holy ****

Morbi

Scavenger
We've also talked about Mickey Mouse, Scorpion, Lara Croft, Master Cheif. . .etc. etc.

Life goes on.
I suppose that the difference is that this coincides with a "big" Nintendo announcement presumably a week or two prior to a Smash specific presentation.

Last edited:

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
:4cloud: "the reunion is at hand. it may bring fear. it may bring joy. but let us embrace whatever it brings."

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'll take Waluigi over literally anything you guys have been suggesting the last couple of pages.

Go ask around how much I 'love' Waluigi around these parts

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
I agree that Chief would be better received as more people have a personal connection with him; however, at the same time, I cannot help but feel as though he would have more backlash than most third-party characters because he basically represents the polar opposite of Nintendo. Do not get me wrong, that is reason enough to include him and add to the already staggering diversity, but I feel as though a lot of Nintendo exclusive fans would be disappointed.
Actually, Master Chief would be as much a heel in Smash as Sonic would've been had he made it into Melee.
Maybe it doesn't line up timewise, but imagine the reaction! That would've been hot off the heels from SEGA getting out of hardware, etc.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Server maintenance is being done right now, I can't smash online :(. in fact the nintendo network page won't even come up when I try to check the status... was this maintenance scheduled? Wonder if this means that Cloud will be coming soon?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah times have changed, and they only got worse :4cloud:

I can't believe it has come down to this. Honestly, I want this final Direct to come as soon as possible.

I believe I'll be satisfied with Wolf and anything from not-Minecraft.

Holy ****
And then watch as Mickey Mouse becomes the next newcomer.

Morbi

Scavenger
Server maintenance is being done right now, I can't smash online :(. in fact the nintendo network page won't even come up when I try to check the status... was this maintenance scheduled? Wonder if this means that Cloud will be coming soon?
I do not want to be crass, but the Nintendo Direct was indication enough that Cloud will be coming soon. I doubt it was scheduled, otherwise, I probably would have read quite a few "get ready for DLC" posts. It may have been though. Regardless, I cannot wait.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Mickey isn't happening as DLC. The ballot explicitly stated that as long as it was a video game character, any character suggestion would be considered.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And then watch as Mickey Mouse becomes the next newcomer.
You are not very good at making people feel better.

Even though Mickey Mouse is still better than Blockhead Avatar.

How about, you know... Some characters from Nintendo maybe? I know it seems far fetched, but there might still be some chance.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
I do not want to be crass, but the Nintendo Direct was indication enough that Cloud will be coming soon. I doubt it was scheduled, otherwise, I probably would have read quite a few "get ready for DLC" posts. It may have been though. Regardless, I cannot wait.
actually I'm more just wondering about the network, the mention of cloud was just to stay on topic

Mobes

NNID
MobesMobes
Fellas, Mickey Mouse has been in some good-*** video games.
It's probably real REAL far-fetched, but don't forget the Mouse has some moves.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You are not very good at making people feel better.

Even though Mickey Mouse is still better than Blockhead Avatar.

How about, you know... Some characters from Nintendo maybe? I know it seems far fetched, but there might still be some chance.
Look at this point people are going to vouch for everyone and their grandmother. It'd be no different if Undertale was put on Wii U, or Five Nights at Freddy's. People are always going to latch onto the next craze and act like they deserve to be in Smash. It's been like this since the announcement of Smash 4.
It's just how speculation is. Sure it's not nice to hear, but I can't ignore it either.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Some of you are looking and speculating way too much into this, I want that Broadcast now so you guys can stop being so paranoid. Like really this is taking it way too the deep end, to the point where were its about Steve from Minecraft really?

Morbi

Scavenger
Look at this point people are going to vouch for everyone and their grandmother. It'd be no different if Undertale was put on Wii U, or Five Nights at Freddy's. People are always going to latch onto the next craze and act like they deserve to be in Smash. It's been like this since the announcement of Smash 4.
It's just how speculation is. Sure it's not nice to hear, but I can't ignore it either.
I am guilty of this, well, not grandmother, but grandfather. Cranky Kong. I still, in a weird way, find him to be the most likely Donkey Kong representative for various legitimate reasons. However, it all started because a Donkey Kong character was sort of a "craze" for awhile.

Mobes

NNID
MobesMobes
I am guilty of this, well, not grandmother, but grandfather. Cranky Kong. I still, in a weird way, find him to be the most likely Donkey Kong representative for various legitimate reasons. However, it all started because a Donkey Kong character was sort of a "craze" for awhile.
You reminded me, I'd very much like a new Donkey Kong stage based on the DKC trilogy of games that, like what I wrote about me wanting a new Metroid stage, should stay out of the general settings of previous Donkey Kong stages.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I would gladly take Cranky Kong over Steve.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Well, looks like my wish sort of came true

RIP playable onion duck ;_;
WHAT?! I was just scrolling down to say the same thing in a matter of words XD

Farfetch'd is one of my all time favorite pokes even though I'm not a huge fan of birds in general. He's the hero we all need and deserve but don't know it yet.
#Fetch4Smash
#DuckHuntHate
#Onionboyz

That being said, congrats on getting some playable form of Sceptile Sceptile4Smash Sceptile4Smash
He's not my favorite but I respect him and picked him in my last play through. He would definitely be a fitting member to the smash roster. Here's hoping for you one day.

Maintenance grr. I wanted to send more people to the Shadow Realm in FG :c

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Steve isn't on the level of other third parties? Quite the opposite. Ryu, Cloud, Megaman and Snake aren't household names. Sonic was at least. Minecraft is the third best selling game ever. After Cloud no amount of "doesn't fit with Nintendo" will mean jack. We have plenty of avatars already, another won't hurt. Minecraft has been "flavor of the week" for several years now.

Really now, they're not going to announce Cloud and explode the internet and then tell us another character is coming while our expectations are shattered and then give us Dixie Kong. The hype backlash would be immense.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
Steve isn't on the level of other third parties? Quite the opposite. Ryu, Cloud, Megaman and Snake aren't household names. Sonic was at least. Minecraft is the third best selling game ever. After Cloud no amount of "doesn't fit with Nintendo" will mean jack. We have plenty of avatars already, another won't hurt. Minecraft has been "flavor of the week" for several years now.

Really now, they're not going to announce Cloud and explode the internet and then tell us another character is coming while our expectations are shattered and then give us Dixie Kong. The hype backlash would be immense.
You think that Minecraft Steve has reached the iconic status of Ryu, Mega Man, Sonic and Pac Man?

Mobes

NNID
MobesMobes
You think that Minecraft Steve has reached the iconic status of Ryu, Mega Man, Sonic and Pac Man?
Dude, absolutely. Just because you don't fug with Minecraft on the regular doesn't mean Steve isn't instant recognizable by millions of people. We're talking millions here.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Didn't I just say Minecraft was better known then all of our current third parties? If I had said Cloud or Ryu before their announcements I would've gotten the same exact reaction from this topic. Or five FE reps.

You shouldn't have expectations at this point. It's gotten to the point where any video game character is possible. How likely they are, on the other hand, is pretty much based on Sakurai's whim. Steve checks every box people have made up, though.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
This is almost certain not to happen for DLC, but in the next Smash game. I feel like SEGA and Nintendo are definitely on good terms and I feel like they'll add more Sonic characters in Smash 5. Seven of them would be alts for Sonic and they would be: Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Silver, Blaze, and Metal Sonic. Then an actual newcomer could possibly be Eggman.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
WHAT?! I was just scrolling down to say the same thing in a matter of words XD

Farfetch'd is one of my all time favorite pokes even though I'm not a huge fan of birds in general. He's the hero we all need and deserve but don't know it yet.
#Fetch4Smash
#DuckHuntHate
#Onionboyz

That being said, congrats on getting some playable form of Sceptile Sceptile4Smash Sceptile4Smash
He's not my favorite but I respect him and picked him in my last play through. He would definitely be a fitting member to the smash roster. Here's hoping for you one day.

Maintenance grr. I wanted to send more people to the Shadow Realm in FG :c
Well I don't particularly care for 'Dux', but the concept behind basically a bird that is also a sword user (kinda) would've made for a pretty interesting fighter...

Either way Sceptile is definitely hype when it comes to Pokken...Still waiting for Scizor!!!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So, amidst all the immense speculation, weird character choices, and impatience for the Smash Broadcast, I have a question for you all.

What are you most grateful for since DLC started back in April? It could be anything DLC related; Characters, Stages, and Mii Costumes.

For me personally, it would be the inclusion of both :4mewtwo:& :4feroy:in the game. Both characters were among my 2 most requested characters to return to Smash Bros before the game was released and I was very happy to have both back. :younglinkmelee: I also wanted to see return but that ship has sailed unfortunately. Stage wise, i'm happy to see all the N64 stages return in the game. Hope to see Melee stages get some love in the future though (Poke Floats plz Samurai).

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
hahaha i'm never going to get anything i want from dlc so it literally matters zero to me. fun quirks maybe, but my wanted characters are dead in the water so **** it.

SonicMario

Smash Master
This is almost certain not to happen for DLC, but in the next Smash game. I feel like SEGA and Nintendo are definitely on good terms and I feel like they'll add more Sonic characters in Smash 5. Seven of them would be alts for Sonic and they would be: Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Silver, Blaze, and Metal Sonic. Then an actual newcomer could possibly be Eggman.
I agree that in Smash 5 that Sonic could definitely get another rep. But all those characters simply as alts? That'd be disrespecting their individual talents on a huge level. I feel it'd be Sonic, Tails, and maybe Knuckles too if they had Sonic go the Kirby franchise route between Melee & Brawl (One character for the two games they're in first, 3 in the 3rd game they're in)

So, amidst all the immense speculation, weird character choices, and impatience for the Smash Broadcast, I have a question for you all.

What are you most grateful for since DLC started back in April? It could be anything DLC related; Characters, Stages, and Mii Costumes.

For me personally, it would be the inclusion of both :4mewtwo:& :4feroy:in the game. Both characters were among my 2 most requested characters to return to Smash Bros before the game was released and I was very happy to have both back. :younglinkmelee: I also wanted to see return but that ship has sailed unfortunately. Stage wise, i'm happy to see all the N64 stages return in the game. Hope to see Melee stages get some love in the future though (Poke Floats plz Samurai).
:4cloud: damn he look good. Plus it forced me to buy FF7 which is great. Admittedly what it did to speculation sucks pretty hard.

That Viridi mii cosume and Roy come pretty close though >_>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom