• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Still curious on what people think of this. lol
Since I started the Tifa support thread in the Character Social Group (and having a lot of fun writing up a moveset for her) she's easily becoming one of my most wanted characters...truth is I always wanted her in Smash as much as I did Cloud way back when...(maybe even moreso)

Burruni

Smash Hero
But Cream is literally the Daisy of the Sonic series :(
Nah. Cream wasn't made because Sonic Advance 2 needed a token girl for Sonic to rescue at the end.
She at least was also a major part of Heroes before she was kinda crammed into spin-off exclusivity, but to be fair MOST games past Heroes limited any usage of Sonic characters besides Sonic and Tails. The further from core you were, the less you were brought up.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
All these people wanting Lyn. Heh, I'm proud of you all. Now play FE7 to appropriate her even more and fall in love with mighty Hector with big stronk axe
I wanted Lyn after playing FE7. Hector's pretty up there in my favourite lords too.

:231:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So i was thinking, what if we did get a second character from Namco, SEGA, or Square? But we can only have one out of this selection. (Because Ballot choices and all that)
I'd like to see Bayonetta, honestly; her other appearances show that there aren't any problems with toning her down, she'd have a ton of options as far as moves go (as opposed to characters like Pac-Man and Cloud, who are great choices, but have basic attacks that are fairly generic due to limitations from their games), and Bayonetta 2 is a fantastic Wii U exclusive that never really got the attention that it deserved.

If I'm going for likely options, I feel like a Dragon Quest character would be the most likely given how ridiculously popular it is (in Japan, at least; it might be more popular elsewhere if they actually released the games). Not sure who, since I'm not overly familiar with the franchise.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Still curious on what people think of this. lol
I'd be like: yay!!!!
No idea who I'd want from Bandai-Namco...I think Pac is enough imo. But for the other two I would go for Bayonetta & Lara Croft as there movesets would be amazing once the guns issues are resolved, which is slightly harder in Lara's case.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'd like to see Bayonetta, honestly; her other appearances show that there aren't any problems with toning her down, she'd have a ton of options as far as moves go (as opposed to characters like Pac-Man and Cloud, who are great choices, but have basic attacks that are fairly generic due to limitations from their games), and Bayonetta 2 is a fantastic Wii U exclusive that never really got the attention that it deserved.

If I'm going for likely options, I feel like a Dragon Quest character would be the most likely given how ridiculously popular it is (in Japan, at least; it might be more popular elsewhere if they actually released the games). Not sure who, since I'm not overly familiar with the franchise.
Slime or the protagonist of Dragon Quest VIII seem like the ones Sakurai would consider.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If there were Assist Trophy Promotions - My picks would be:
Takamaru, Ghirahim, Ashley, and Waluigi.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I've only stated I'd like to see Midna playable, but really, these are on my 'please promote I beg thee' list:
Midna, Ghirahim, Waluigi and Dark Samus.

Quick Prediction: The presentation will air on the 18th.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So we pretty much talked about Characters, Stages, Mii Cosutmes, and Hypothetical Alts here.

What do you guys hope to see as far as Game Modes are concerned?

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I've only stated I'd like to see Midna playable, but really, these are on my 'please promote I beg thee' list:
Midna, Ghirahim, Waluigi and Dark Samus.
All four are awesome choices.
Slime or the protagonist of Dragon Quest VIII seem like the ones Sakurai would consider.
Why the protagonist from VIII? Was that the latest DQ game?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I had a thought for all the Ridley supporters, what if he got his own mode as DLC where you could play as him in 4-Player matches on select stages?

So I had a thought for all the Ridley supporters, what if he got his own mode as DLC where you could play as him in 4-Player matches on select stages?
No.

Not only is that illogical he clearly is not meant to be controlled and is made for pyrosphere. They gave him ooze that was invented for smash he is so ingrained with pyrosphere

His smash gimmick (for whatever reason) is that and becoming an ally. Being controlled makes that pointless. And even then his moves wouldnt make sense for a controller because he has no normal movement.

The less weird Ridley decisions we get the better. Especially one that would require so much work no one would use.

Troykv

Smash Master
All these people wanting Lyn. Heh, I'm proud of you all. Now play FE7 to appropriate her even more and fall in love with mighty Hector with big stronk axe
I would be more supportive with other female FE Characters (I'm just neutral with almost all the viable cast) if I wasn't already supporting Micaiah.

But I think would be a fun Character with her speedy swordsman style.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'll throw my hat in the ring for future 3rd parties.

First thing we need to agree on...3rd parties need to be significant characters. I can't really see Sakurai suddenly taking a significant dip in caliber of the characters without a reason. I would say that it will take a few more characters until we get to that point however. Like at least 3 per each company, so not any time soon.

Because we should (in my honest opinion) be viewing 3rd parties on a case by case basis, and not a "all companies need equal 'reps'", I don't feel like SEGA needs another character from a series that isn't Sonic. None of them really stand out on the caliber of whoever else we've gotten.

Sure there's Bayonetta, but I wouldn't really put her on the level of the others just yet.

Capcom I feel could get another Street Fighter character like Chun Li, but I COULD see a Resident Evil character like Leon. What his moveset would consist of I don't know. But Resident Evil is a significant gaming franchise.

Namco I feel like would get Heihachu because he was considered to begin with. Tekken is an opposing fighting franchise to Street Fighter, so that would be a matchup in itself.

Square... I could see Lara Croft or a Dragon Quest character. Those are two standout franchises. They could definitely make a moveset for Lara without the guns. I mean really, despite what people say about the reboot, it seems to me like the bow and arrows are becoming a staple weapon for her. They could substitute that and make a pretty cool moveset.

Konami can give Snake, Simon...who else is notable besides Bomberman maybe? I hate their guts as a company but I value the characters, because this is a character game. It might sound dumb, but I don't want to hold a companies actions against a character.

Ubisoft could be Rayman, or any of the Assassin's Creed characters. Ezio is probably the standout.

Beyond that, I'm struggling to think of 3rd parties that have significant characters. I mean I would DIE if I saw Master Chief or Kratos join Smash. I just don't see it happening because of obvious reasons.

More or less this points out that there are plenty of good 3rd party choices before getting TOO crazy with the picks.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'd have kept Dr. Mario too for the same reason. Plus, he has the Tornado and the drill dair, so he's not a complete clone.

For the second one, I'd have done Dark Pit, but with a divekick dair, the Gemini Orbitars as a down B (difference is only aesthetic) and make his moves much stronger, but also laggier than Pit's. I'd have also given more horizontal knockback to the Electroshock Arm while still keeping it somewhat diagonal.

As for the third one, I'd have kept Lucina, but made her much faster, allowing her to be a sword version of Sheik.

In other words, I don't mind those three, but I feel like more effort could've been made to make them feel different.
Here's what I'd do for super simple changes

:4drmario: -
Throwing Pills stall him in the air
He throws Pills over-head instead of throwing them out like Mario does

Less landing stiffness than Mario, If he's not going to be as fast let him react quicker instead.

:4darkpit: -
Striking Flight is the Default ^B

Runs Slower
Weaker than Pit on the Ground

Has Better Air Movement
Stronger than Pit in the Air

:4lucina: -

Iai Counter is the default vB

Change Every instance of "Counter" to "Instinct" because Lucina can't learn Counter and Instinct sounds cool

and for a few more complicated things

:4lucina: -
:4miisword:'s Dash Attack
:4sonic:/:4zss:'s DAir Attack

Grab Attack is changed so she equips her mask and headbutts opponents
:4link:'s Grab Throws
Change Final Smash so it uses :4link:'s Dash Attack animation, it starts out like Marth's but she leaps and swings the sword down so it ends like Roy's ... with an explosion

:4darkpit:-
Give him:4shulk:'s Back air and Forward Smash but he uses the D.Pit Staff so it has as much range as the Monado without the beam of light
:4ryu:'s Dash Attack, because giving someone a flying kick to the gut was one of the first things he did

Take the bracelet off his left arm and give him a Virdi Arm

Change his final smash to the Lightning Chariot which would be a fancy Dragoon but with a bigger radius and Pegasus

:4drmario:-
Change Final Smash, it's got the same giant pills but they rain from a bout a'la Brawl!PK Starstorm
Exchange Large Pill with a Cold-Medicine Custom that is pretty much just Luigi's Ice ball custom.
Forward Smash, Shocking Cape, The Ol'One-Two, change all their elements to Ice, Doctor's have cold hands you know

Man I have been wanting to get all of these off my chest for awhile now

Gimmick

Smash Ace

First thing we need to agree on...3rd parties need to be significant characters. I can't really see Sakurai suddenly taking a significant dip in caliber of the characters without a reason. I would say that it will take a few more characters until we get to that point however. Like at least 3 per each company, so not any time soon.

Because we should (in my honest opinion) be viewing 3rd parties on a case by case basis, and not a "all companies need equal 'reps'", I don't feel like SEGA needs another character from a series that isn't Sonic. None of them really stand out on the caliber of whoever else we've gotten.

Sure there's Bayonetta, but I wouldn't really put her on the level of the others just yet.

Capcom I feel could get another Street Fighter character like Chun Li, but I COULD see a Resident Evil character like Leon. What his moveset would consist of I don't know. But Resident Evil is a significant gaming franchise.

Namco I feel like would get Heihachu because he was considered to begin with. Tekken is an opposing fighting franchise to Street Fighter, so that would be a matchup in itself.

Square... I could see Lara Croft or a Dragon Quest character. Those are two standout franchises. They could definitely make a moveset for Lara without the guns. I mean really, despite what people say about the reboot, it seems to me like the bow and arrows are becoming a staple weapon for her. They could substitute that and make a pretty cool moveset.

Konami can give Snake, Simon...who else is notable besides Bomberman maybe? I hate their guts as a company but I value the characters, because this is a character game. It might sound dumb, but I don't want to hold a companies actions against a character.

Ubisoft could be Rayman, or any of the Assassin's Creed characters. Ezio is probably the standout.

Beyond that, I'm struggling to think of 3rd parties that have significant characters. I mean I would DIE if I saw Master Chief or Kratos join Smash. I just don't see it happening because of obvious reasons.

More or less this points out that there are plenty of good 3rd party choices before getting TOO crazy with the picks.
Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Nathan Drake, Spyro (eh...), Doom Guy (eh...), etc.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace

I would actually be down for playing as Lara Croft in all honesty, her and Rayman I think would be be big deals to get in the game, especially Lara.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Glad to see more Heihachi consideration. And honestly, i see we share a lot opinions on the subject. lol

D

Deleted member

Hope the brocdcast is soon, the final DLC character shall soon be known.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Looking at all of our current clones, of varying levels, and the one I foresee coming, here are the tweaks I'd do to make them more differentiated.

Melee Clones
:4ganondorf:
  1. Warlock Punch tweaked: Faster animation, damage drastically reduced at fist, but launches an orb at the size & travel speed of fully charged Power Shot, Shadow Ball, or Aura Sphere of dark magic which does massive shield damage. Inspired by the HW combo finisher.
  2. D-Tilt mirrors :4samus:'s animation, with a rupturing of dark magic at the fist.
3. F-Smash is Warlock Trust.

:4falco:
1. Final Smash is changed to Arwing. Reskin of :4zss:'s.
2. Fire Bird has a blue flame.
Honestly Falco's a perfect balance for himself imo for core moveset.

:4feroy:
1. Dancing Blade is three actions, more extreme variance on the follow ups.
...That's it. Roy's got enough to feel totaly different.

:4drmario:
Honestly Dusty did it right. He SHOULD be very similar to Mario but with a slight but clear variance.

Brawl Clones

:4tlink:
1. Down+B is now Bombchu. Still drawn like Bombs. Can't explode in hand or at all until they hit the ground and start moving. Functions like :4bowserjr:'s Mechakoopas.
2. Down Smash changed to :4shulk:/:4feroy:'s with the Skull Hammer.

:4lucas:
1. Side+B is PM's version of PK Freeze instead of PK Fire Burst.
2. Neutral B is changed to PK Ground, which charges up a boulder that Lucas can aim up and down to some degree before fire out. What :4bowserjr:'s Cannon should've done.

:wolf:
1. Neutral B comes out quicker, "machete" comboes into the blast.
2. Reflector doesn't have as strong of a damage multiplier, but launches the projectile at a higher speed.

Smash 4 Clones

:4darkpit:
1. Has the weight and damage multiplier to his general kit that Doc has to Mario.
2. Striking Flight is the default.
3. Paw Pad Orbitars which heal.
4. Tweaked Grab & Throw kit with Viridi Palm. F-Throw is now akin to :4mewtwo:'s. B-Throw is :4ryu:'s with one follow up projectile.

:4lucina:
1. Side Special is the charged launch of :4miisword:. Mirrors her father's fighting style and how she actually dropped in the Two Falchions cutscene.
2. Slightly more speed than Marth. Makes up for her lack of the power of the tipper better than just the balanced blade.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Brawl Clones

:4tlink:
1. Down+B is now Bombchu. Still drawn like Bombs. Can't explode in hand or at all until they hit the ground and start moving. Functions like :4bowserjr:'s Mechakoopas.
Yeah, no thanks. Bombs are the best tool in Toon Link's entire move set, and I wouldn't like if they changed that.
Although, I will say that having Bombchus as a custom would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yeah, no thanks. Bombs are the best tool in Toon Link's entire move set, and I wouldn't like if they changed that.
Although, I will say that having Bombchus as a custom would be greatly appreciated.
I honestly don't play Tink.
My bad.
Just one means of getting him more differentiated.
I want at least one of his specials to be more varied, and it seemed better to go Bomb than Bow, as Boomerang already has its difference.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
development's gotta end sometime. peeps want to work on different ****. been a little over a year of support so i still think it's cloud + pichu + wolf and we call it there. who's even left that's feasible and not already-represented? icies are dead and not coming back. ivy/squirts are repped by charizard. no one that's an AT or a Mii Costume is in the running. ridley is lol, i still can't believe people are holding out for that *****. you could wager anyone with an existing amiibo is out of the running, too. so that's a lot of mother****ers dead in the water. the ballot isn't even guaranteed to give anything aside from opinion, that's literally it.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My bad.
I want at least one of his specials to be more varied, and it seemed better to go Bomb than Bow, as Boomerang already has its difference.
Deku Leaf up special...When grounded he blasts the Deku Leaf causing a wind box that pushes foes away, while in the air a whirlwind lifts him upwards

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Count me in the lyn bandwagon club. She was the first lord to be brought over to the states and had two chances to be made playable and yet was axed in favor of being an assist trophy. I hope she gets the little Mac treatment from sakurai one day.
Fire Emblem VII just needs to be remade. It and Path of Radiance are my favorite games in the franchise. Outside of Shadow Dragon, I feel like these games should be rereleased again and again as time goes on as long as the franchise keeps going. This being said, I think this is the only way Lyn would be considered for the future.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
development's gotta end sometime. peeps want to work on different ****. been a little over a year of support so i still think it's cloud + pichu + wolf and we call it there. who's even left that's feasible and not already-represented? icies are dead and not coming back. ivy/squirts are repped by charizard. no one that's an AT or a Mii Costume is in the running. ridley is lol, i still can't believe people are holding out for that *****. you could wager anyone with an existing amiibo is out of the running, too. so that's a lot of mother****ers dead in the water. the ballot isn't even guaranteed to give anything aside from opinion, that's literally it.
It's be really awful if they ended it off with Wolf and Pichu, that's like the antithesis of a bang. I expect at least 2 more newcomers after Cloud.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
My bad.
I don't want him to be differentiated though. The thing is that people who main Toon Link play him because they like the way he is already. I know a lot of Toon Link mains, and I've never seen or heard one of them say that they wanted one of his moves replaced. This is probably the reason Sakurai doesn't usually change character's move sets between games and tries to keep them similar because this applies to every character (Even Ganondorf, unfortunately). I think most people who want something about the clones/semi-clones changed in the next Smash don't realize that there's a larger audience who wouldn't appreciate those changes due to already being accustomed with how their favorite character works.

I'll even give you an example of what I mean. When Toon Link was first revealed there weren't any pictures of him using his Boomerang. Believe it or not, I was actually nervous that they had changed the move in some way that I wouldn't like, and it was a relief to me when I finally saw a picture of him in Smash Run using it. I didn't want an important move changed because I was worried that he wouldn't feel like the character I loved in Brawl. I was actually more preoccupied with wanted him to not be changed rather than vice versa.

I like Sakurai's policy on trying to keep characters as similar to their previous iterations as possible. It's fine when a move is changed due to making a character work better in the newest iteration of Smash (Sheik, Zero Suit, and Pit), but I don't think any veteran should have a move changed just for the sake of it. That's just my opinion though. Excuse me for rambling. Sometimes when conversing about a topic that's important to me I tend to go on for longer than I need to.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
It's be really awful if they ended it off with Wolf and Pichu, that's like the antithesis of a bang. I expect at least 2 more newcomers after Cloud.
I figure it ends on Cloud + Pichu + Wolf. Maybe do the release date shenanigans where it's like 'oh, date of availability? how's TODAY?' and everyone's generally happy. Then Sakurai's signoff and shutdown.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
development's gotta end sometime. peeps want to work on different ****. been a little over a year of support so i still think it's cloud + pichu + wolf and we call it there.
Mind explaining why Pichu (of all characters) is the amoung the last DLC which apparently won't include any Nintendo Newcomers...a bit of a dull choice compared to other characters don't you think?

who's even left that's feasible and not already-represented?
Pretty much anyone with a large amount of support or noticeable iconicism in gaming...feasibility is not what Sakurai plays by, we all learned this when Cloud was added to the Roster...

Based on 'your' criteria below...there's still Isaac, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Krystal, Impa, Tetra...perhaps even list third party characters like Banjo & Kazooie, Snake, Tails, Bayonetta, Shantae (lol), Rayman, amoung others that got some substantial support from on the ballot...

Sakurai may even throw another iconic yet barely mentioned character at us...but all of the above listed are faaar better choices for DLC than one of the least liked and least requested veterans that wasn't even considered to return in Brawl...other veterans that were considered for Brawl, HAVE returned in this game...

ivy/squirts are repped by charizard.
No. Charizard reps Charizard...He is not Pokemon Trainer, nor is he a representative for other pokemon who are not only their own characters/fighters but completely unique to any other character within the current roster...I don't think either of them are coming back either, but if Sakurai decides to add one or both of them, he's not going to reject them simply because of another character that's already in the roster that plays nothing like them...

no one that's an AT or a Mii Costume is in the running.
While AT's are understandable, no where was it stated that they are not viable for DLC...DLC is different than the base roster afterall...As someone who supports AT characters I'm not holding my breath, but it is still something to consider...none of them are serious candidates but neither was Cloud who everyone thought was impossible...AT's are one step away from playability afterall...

As for Miis Costumes.... :4link::4samus: exist as both fighters and Mii Costumes...and since a fighter will likely play completely different to the Mii's there really is no reason to think otherwise that characters can't co-exist as playable characters and Miis...Remember when :4metaknight:'s Mask was revealed and everyone thought he was deconfirmed?
Miis are meant to be custom characters, nothing more nothing less...characters like Chrom, and Isabelle for example are likely added as consolation, but mostly everything else is just more for the player to work with...

ridley is lol, i still can't believe people are holding out for that *****.
Wait...who says Ridley's still in the running? I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that the odds are astronomically low that Ridley will make an appearance after Sakurai made it clear that he's not going to add him...Yes there are still loyal supporters, but they all pretty much accepted that it isn't his time...anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional...

you could wager anyone with an existing amiibo is out of the running, too. so that's a lot of mother****ers dead in the water.
I'm sorry, but this is also a baseless argument...If the amiibo isn't part of the Smash line it doesn't mean that one can't be made for it...Mario (has half a dozen different amiibos), Luigi, Yoshi, DK, Bowser, arguably Link, Megaman, etc have amiibos both in and out of the Smash lineup, why can't other characters have as well? Just because the Splatoon amiibos were made first doesn't mean they can't be made for the Smash line-up either...

the ballot isn't even guaranteed to give anything aside from opinion, that's literally it.
So you think we are not getting anything from the ballot simply because it isn't a guarantee? I get that Sakurai and co will have to move on, but it isn't out of the question for them to work on other characters for the first half of next year before calling it quits either...
Everyone's entitled to their opinions but you're basing your's a bit much on simple fan theories that weren't stated otherwise by Sakurai or Nintendo...to which the only real confirmed precedent is 'No manga characters'...

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
Mind explaining why Pichu (of all characters) is the amoung the last DLC which apparently won't include any Nintendo Newcomers...a bit of a dull choice compared to other characters don't you think?
Pichu's a melee vet, Wolf's a brawl vet, and last time we got a 3rd-party character surprise it was the same little combo(Ryu + Roy + Lucas). Plus, Pichu'd be piss-easy to make, even if tweaked. My vote's for Krystal personally, but she has zero chance of getting in. In fact, she's not even in Zero period! She's out for good. gg no re

Pretty much anyone with a large amount of support or noticeable iconicism in gaming...feasibility is not what Sakurai plays by, we all learned this when Cloud was added to the Roster...
Kay, let's expand on what I meant when I said 'represented'. I meant genre as well as game. Cloud defines RPGs. Ryu defines fighting games. Sonic defines platforming and the Nintendo/SEGA rivalry. Megaman defines action games. Pac-Man defines arcades. What other genre-defining 3rd parties exist for unrepresented genres? Only ones I can think of are maybe the Daytona Hornet(Daytona USA, driving sim, was a fighter in Virtua Fighter), Master Chief/Doomguy(Halo/DOOM, first-person shooter, MC was a fighter in DOA), maybe James Raynor(Starcraft, real-time-strategy). **** if I know, but that's what I'm seeing. And lol if you think Snake has a chance in hell of returning, that ***** as dead as disco with the dramabomb at the VGAs. Press F y'all, we got a corpse on our hands.

Based on 'your' criteria below...there's still Isaac, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Krystal, Impa, Tetra...perhaps even list third party characters like Banjo & Kazooie, Snake, Tails, Bayonetta, Shantae (lol), Rayman, amoung others that got some substantial support from on the ballot...
Cloud shut the door on Isaac about as loud as could be done, son. Bandana Dee isn't iconic enough and Sakurai probably feels okay with the Kirby Trio. Dixie's a second-banana to a second-banana in a series that is getting no play this year. See above for Krystal. Impa and Tetra again have the problem Dixie has, they're support to the support. Tink effectively closed them out too. Does Tetra even show up in Triforce Heroes? Hyrule Warriors isn't enough to get folk in Smash, that's for sure, and Tetra as we know her may be dead now 'cause Cel-da knows who she really is so welp. At least they kept retconning Sheik into future games despite the bull****.

Sakurai may even throw another iconic yet barely mentioned character at us...but all of the above listed are faaar better choices for DLC than one of the least liked and least requested veterans that wasn't even considered to return in Brawl...other veterans that were considered for Brawl, HAVE returned in this game...
Aw c'mon son, think about what you just wrote. ".. iconic.." ".. barely mentioned.." Those words are in the same sentence describing the same thing. Cloud is a big get, despite whatever folk may think about him, because it's a huge show of an olive branch between two companies that diverged on really bad blood. Sakurai probably figures this is big enough that he can squeak in the other two in the package and sign off having done good. It's been over a year now, the team wants to move on to different ****.

No. Charizard reps Charizard...He is not Pokemon Trainer, nor is he a representative for other pokemon who are not only their own characters/fighters but completely unique to any other character within the current roster...I don't think either of them are coming back either, but if Sakurai decides to add one or both of them, he's not going to reject them simply because of another character that's already in the roster that plays nothing like them...
He's gonna be lookin' at what kind of representation as a whole exists across the entire game dawg. Genwunners already got their big get with Mewtwo, and J-puff, Pika and Char pick up the rest of the G1 slack. Hell, Pichu even has a reasonable claim as representative of Baby Pokemon in G2.

While AT's are understandable, no where was it stated that they are not viable for DLC...DLC is different than the base roster afterall...As someone who supports AT characters I'm not holding my breath, but it is still something to consider...none of them are serious candidates but neither was Cloud who everyone thought was impossible...AT's are one step away from playability afterall...
Not gonna happen for a very simple reason, it influences too much code. Can the AT of a former-AT DLC character show up during play? Who decides if it's possible or not? Will they be easily distinguishable? Remember, AT's are much lower-poly and FPS than playable characters, so there's actually a lot of work to make an AT into a full character. Sorry bruh, but Lyn is staying dead(as she should, **** FE).

As for Miis Costumes.... :4link::4samus: exist as both fighters and Mii Costumes...and since a fighter will likely play completely different to the Mii's there really is no reason to think otherwise that characters can't co-exist as playable characters and Miis...Remember when :4metaknight:'s Mask was revealed and everyone thought he was deconfirmed?
The difference here was that they were known to exist at the time and weren't absent from the roster when the Mii stuff was uncovered(Meta-Knight is debatable, but that's another example of the whole ZSS mentality of 'lol she's cut BUT WAIT NOPE' Sakurai pulled in I think the E3 2014 Event?).

Miis are meant to be custom characters, nothing more nothing less...characters like Chrom, and Isabelle for example are likely added as consolation, but mostly everything else is just more for the player to work with...
Yeah, consolation that we're not getting them. K. Rool, Inklings, Chrom(who's a FS, might I add), Dunban(sp? Never played Xenoblade), Isabelle(also an AT), nothing so far has hinted that we're getting anything that's already represented in the game(aside from possible vets, ala Mewtwo, Lucas, maybe Wolf).

Wait...who says Ridley's still in the running? I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that the odds are astronomically low that Ridley will make an appearance after Sakurai made it clear that he's not going to add him...Yes there are still loyal supporters, but they all pretty much accepted that it isn't his time...anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional...
I can't name a name but ****ers pop in now and again and try the whole cheeky 'something BIG this way approaches' or whatever bull****.

I'm sorry, but this is also a baseless argument...If the amiibo isn't part of the Smash line it doesn't mean that one can't be made for it...Mario (has half a dozen different amiibos), Luigi, Yoshi, DK, Bowser, arguably Link, Megaman, etc have amiibos both in and out of the Smash lineup, why can't other characters have as well? Just because the Splatoon amiibos were made first doesn't mean they can't be made for the Smash line-up either...
Just like Shovel Knight, eh? Hell, Mario was represented first on his Smash amiibo and then got his generic amiibo.

So you think we are not getting anything from the ballot simply because it isn't a guarantee? I get that Sakurai and co will have to move on, but it isn't out of the question for them to work on other characters for the first half of next year before calling it quits either...
That's damn near two years of support on a fighting game. Granted it's a big title, but only MMOs get that kinda support. **** outta here with that nonsense. I don't think even SF4 got two years of support outside of rereleases(Super and Ultra).

Everyone's entitled to their opinions but you're basing your's a bit much on simple fan theories that weren't stated otherwise by Sakurai or Nintendo...to which the only real confirmed precedent is 'No manga characters'...
Just sayin' what I've been seein'.

Last edited:

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
This looks interesting:

Hopefully Smash related.
My apologies if this has been posted already, I skimmed the previous three pages and didn't see it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom