• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I don't think so TBH. Konami might be a crappy company and whatnot but Snake in Smash is something fans really want to see so personal feelings should be put aside for that.
Cosidering they LET Geoff call them out, I don't think they care what any fans think, or their reputation in the Video Game industry, anymore.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You mean like Kojimas personal feelings that just got trampled on? Yeah, Konami doesn't care about Kojimas feelings, they could care less about the feelings of Smash Bros. fans, Hahaha
They might not care but they wouldn't turn down the offer of making a lot of $$$ with Snake in Smash again.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
They might not care but they wouldn't turn down the offer of making a lot of $$$ with Snake in Smash again.
Probably not. But there's also the case of Sakurai wanting to go to a company that's causing his friend pain.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Snake's chances really took a hit, so assuming he is out of the running, Wolf and Inkling have he best chances for the remaining DLC fighters. Even so, I like the Inklings, but don't want them to be the ballot winner. The Inklings are a character that would have become a newcomer inevitably, I was hoping the ballot winner would be someone that would not have gotten chosen otherwise. I understand that character might be Cloud, but I feel like a Nintendo character should have been chosen. Cloud could be the ballot winner for third party newcomers and the Nintendo character could be the winner for first party newcomers. Does anyone agree? I would still be super satisfied with Wolf, Cloud and Inkling though, but that fourth surprise Nintendo ballot winner would be awesome

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Snake's chances really took a hit, so assuming he is out of the running, Wolf and Inkling have he best chances for the remaining DLC fighters. Even so, I like the Inklings, but don't want them to be the ballot winner. The Inklings are a character that would have become a newcomer inevitably, I was hoping the ballot winner would be someone that would not have gotten chosen otherwise. I understand that character might be Cloud, but I feel like a Nintendo character should have been chosen. Cloud could be the ballot winner for third party newcomers and the Nintendo character could be the winner for first party newcomers. Does anyone agree? I would still be super satisfied with Wolf, Cloud and Inkling though, but that fourth surprise Nintendo ballot winner would be awesome
I could see that. I think Inklings may win in that scenario though.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't want the Inklings personally for reasons you guys might already know.

I really want Isaac in but i'm unsure about his chances in the game. K. Rool as well but i'm more confident in his chances. Wolf coming back is a must for me personally.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am not sure who has the "best chance" to be one of the remaining DLC fighters myself. I thought I had an idea prior to Cloud's reveal, but that was the moment that I realized that I had no clue whatsoever and even if I did, anything can change (I am not insinuating that Chrom is likely, I just used the quote... Promise).

As for your question. I believe on the Nintendo Minute (post-Direct) it was confirmed that Sakurai wanted Cloud after he witnessed the Final Fantasy VII remake. That is just hearsay as I have yet to confirm it. But, well, it came from the Cloud thread. I am not sure why they would lie about it. They hate when anyone implies that Cloud could have been the ballot winner, ha ha.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I was working and dealing with a flat tire for 2 hours after that.

What did Konami pull THIS time that's worse than "Erotic Violence?"

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Reasons why Cloud isn't the Ballot winner...

-Cloud (and the Midgar stage, and Chocobo Mii hats) were almost complete based on his reveal trailer...Which was shown a month after the end of the Ballot...

-Cloud was barely mentioned anywhere (cept for that one SourceGaming poll for Japan, which is just one poll that had him at like 18th place or something)...Not doubting that he had a decent amount of votes but certainly not enough to make him the 'winner'...

-I also don't think that Sakurai is going to take characters from the ballot's suggestions before it ends because why set a Ballot that runs for almost a year and start picking characters from it before everyone gets a chance to vote? (Which would also mean that if he was taken from the Ballot before it's end that he wouldn't be the winner since you can't choose a winner before voting has ended)

-also...it makes no sense to reveal the winner when there are obviously more DLC on the way...

-finally...we still don't know what the true purpose of the Ballot is...is it really looking for a clearcut winner? or is it merely asking for suggestions?

We won't likely know anything about it until the upcoming broadcast...

---

Also wasn't it already established ages ago that Konami were a bunch of *****? I didn't really see such a move (as ****ty as it was) changing Snake's chances personally, Konami has been doing **** like this for the past few years...but pretty sure Konami (as well as Kojima) still wants Snake in Smash...so in the end it's really up to Sakurai...(which pretty much is the case for almost any character to begin with)

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
I know y'all talking about something else, but I just wanted to give my 2 cents on the Miis.

The problem with the Mii fighters is that they don't even appeal to the people who they are supposed to appeal to. I have a friend who desperately wants Goku in Smash and literally no one else. All he cares about is Goku. He will only get a 3DS to play Smash with me if Goku gets in. I tried telling him he could make Goku a Mii fighter, and his reaction was a resounding "meh". He doesn't care about or want a Mii Goku. He want's the "real Goku".
Y'know, I almost want Goku just so I can play Smash with my friend again... we used to play Melee and Brawl all day, everyday. Now he won't touch Smash unless it has Goku... I don't know what happened to him.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Something I want to say quickly about Inklings. I don't get why people think they'll be held off for the next game. The fans want Inklings and asked for them NOW. Splatoon is crazy popular NOW. Why wait 6 years, more than enough time for the franchise to potentially be forgotten and die, instead of making them DLC now? I take business classes at my high school so I can at least say I'm informed on this situation. Just wanted to let that out

Burruni

Smash Hero
Something I want to say quickly about Inklings. I don't get why people think they'll be held off for the next game. The fans want Inklings and asked for them NOW. Splatoon is crazy popular NOW. Why wait 6 years, more than enough time for the franchise to potentially be forgotten and die, instead of making them DLC now? I take business classes at my high school so I can at least say I'm informed on this situation. Just wanted to let that out
Because Nintendo hates money.
Especially its new President who can keep a reign on Sakurai's choices to some extent who has primed his resume off of his incredible success in terms of business, was able to see the faults in theWii from pre-launch, etc etc....

They are no guarrantee, but the closest reason for "can't" instead of "won't" is if Territor-ink is too much for 3DS.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Because Nintendo hates money.
Especially its new President who can keep a reign on Sakurai's choices to some extent who has primed his resume off of his incredible success in terms of business, was able to see the faults in theWii from pre-launch, etc etc....

They are no guarrantee, but the closest reason for "can't" instead of "won't" is if Territor-ink is too much for 3DS.
I just think people who claim the Inklings will simply be saved for next time have no clue what they're talking about

I'm specifically talking about the 'won't' scenario

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Because not having Inklings in this game means more space for another character to get in the game when the former is a shoe in already to appear.

Would really bother me if it did happen. The Inklings would also be the first DLC character that I won't buy. The only other characters that I can think of that I wouldn't buy are Shovel Knight and Shantae.

Serell

Smash Apprentice
If Splatoon is forgotten and dead with no sequels in 6 years, Inklings don't deserve to be in Smash.
Making video games isn't just about money. It's an art. If Sakurai thinks Inklings aren't good enough for his masterpiece, they aren't happening no matter how much money they would make.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If Splatoon is forgotten and dead with no sequels in 6 years, Inklings don't deserve to be in Smash.
Making video games isn't just about money. It's an art. If Sakurai thinks Inklings aren't good enough for his masterpiece, they aren't happening no matter how much money they would make.
You're misinterpretting me words. I'm not saying Sakurai thinks they are unworthy, I'm talking about how Sakurai won't go 'They can be done in the next game, not going to do them'. 6 years is a long time, a lot can change
Because not having Inklings in this game means more space for another character to get in the game when the former is a shoe in already to appear.

Would really bother me if it did happen. The Inklings would also be the first DLC character that I won't buy. The only other characters that I can think of that I wouldn't buy are Shovel Knight and Shantae.
Except Inkling demand is high NOW. I absolute hate Inklings too, but logically, Splatoon getting a character isn't farfetched in the slightest, strike while the iron is hot, y'know?

Serell

Smash Apprentice
You're misinterpretting me words. I'm not saying Sakurai thinks they are unworthy, I'm talking about how Sakurai won't go 'They can be done in the next game, not going to do them'. 6 years is a long time, a lot can change

Except Inkling demand is high NOW. I absolute hate Inklings too, but logically, Splatoon getting a character isn't farfetched in the slightest, strike while the iron is hot, y'know?
Maybe he wants to wait and see if Splatoon has any staying power, gets any sequels and etc? That would be why he would hold off on Inklings. Right now, Splatoon is doing great. Let's see how long it can stay great. Let's see if they can become "worthy"

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Maybe he wants to wait and see if Splatoon has any staying power, gets any sequels and etc? That would be why he would hold off on Inklings. Right now, Splatoon is doing great. Let's see how long it can stay great. Let's see if they can become "worthy"
Except A: People want Inklings NOW to the point they were a highly requested character before the game was even released, and B: Sakurai intends this to be his last game

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Except A: People want Inklings NOW to the point they were a highly requested character before the game was even released, and B: Sakurai intends this to be his last game
A lot of people also want Goku. That's not happening, no matter how much money he would make, because it would ruin the work of art that is Smash Brothers and be the equivalent of "selling out." There is so much more to video games and art that you won't learn in a Business class. I'm not Sakurai, I don't know if he deems the Inklings worthy or unworthy, but that would be a perfectly legitimate reason. If this is his last game, he's going to want to leave it perfect.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yo.

Probs means nothing.

But.

Skip to 11:05.

Dude's calling Nintendo's like customer service.

Fanbase: "Did he just, call up slowly, and confirm Wolf?"

Last edited:

KingDooburu

Smash Rookie
My Theory is that the colours behind the text in the most recent Nintendo Direct are from one picture that includes all DLC characters to be announced in December. So I contrasted the colours and changed the background to white.

First King K. Rool, the obvious green and yellow are right up his alley.

Second Wolf, this is a bit of a stretch but is my best guess for the darker blue.

Third Shovel Knight, you can't miss his iconic light blue.

Finally Shantae, the skin tan and purple are a dead give away.

What do you guys think? Have any better guesses?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
A lot of people also want Goku. That's not happening, no matter how much money he would make, because it would ruin the work of art that is Smash Brothers and be the equivalent of "selling out." There is so much more to video games and art that you won't learn in a Business class. I'm not Sakurai, I don't know if he deems the Inklings worthy or unworthy, but that would be a perfectly legitimate reason. If this is his last game, he's going to want to leave it perfect.
Goku: anime character
Inklings: Highly requested and successful NINTENDO character
If adding a popular Nintendo character in a Nintendo fighting game is 'selling out', I don't want to live on this planet anymore

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Just so everyone is aware, Splatoon did win Best Multiplayer Game and Best Shooter. Take a second to consider how many shooters are released all the time. I can understand the argument that the 3DS wouldn't be able to properly handle ink spreading, but saying that the game isn't noteworthy enough for Smash representation just tells me how blatantly you're ignoring its success. Splatoon is the hottest thing for Nintendo right now, and there's no doubt that they're gonna keep capitalizing on it. DLC has been all about releasing what people want the most, especially when you look at characters like Ryu and Cloud. Inklings might not be a gaming icon, but neither were Lucas nor Roy. They were re-added because people sorely wanted them. And they might have veteran status, but Inklings have, "This game blew people out of the water," status.

I suppose this argument would have some merit if Goku weren't, y'know, a manga/anime character first and foremost. :p

Serell

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post
Goku: anime character
Inklings: Highly requested and successful NINTENDO character
If adding a popular Nintendo character in a Nintendo fighting game is 'selling out', I don't want to live on this planet anymore
Inklings: Highly requested Nintendo character from a brand new IP that's been out maybe a year and has not had any sequels. Yes, they're popular NOW, but it's perfectly legitimate reason to want to wait and see if they can STAY popular.

Just so everyone is aware, Splatoon did win Best Multiplayer Game and Best Shooter. Take a second to consider how many shooters are released all the time. I can understand the argument that the 3DS wouldn't be able to properly handle ink spreading, but saying that the game isn't noteworthy enough for Smash representation just tells me how blatantly you're ignoring its success. Splatoon is the hottest thing for Nintendo right now, and there's no doubt that they're gonna keep capitalizing on it. DLC has been all about releasing what people want the most, especially when you look at characters like Ryu and Cloud. Inklings might not be a gaming icon, but neither were Lucas nor Roy. They were re-added because people sorely wanted them. And they might have veteran status, but Inklings have, "This game blew people out of the water," status.

I suppose this argument would have some merit if Goku weren't, y'know, a manga/anime character first and foremost. :p
A better example would be Ridley. Though, the problem isn't that Ridley is unworthy, it's that he is a boss character. Sakurai thinks a playable Ridley would ruin his art, so it's not happening. IF (if) Sakurai thinks Inklings would ruin his art, they aren't happening. It's not all about money. Make all the arguments you want to make about Inklings being worthy, I'm not arguing that they are unworthy, I am saying if Sakurai deems them unworthy, that is a perfectly legitimate reason why he would not add them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
That's why Sakurai didn't add characters like :4robinm::4greninja: because he wanted to see if they had staying power over the years...oh wait...

Let's also look at:4ryu::4cloud:...yes, both are iconic characters in gaming, but it isalso very likely that their iconicism wasn't the only factor in their inclusion...Ryu's home series has Street Fighter V which is set to release next year, as well as Cloud set to appear in 3 (possibly 4) new games, the biggest one being the FFVII remake...Relevance plays a big role in a character's inclusion...Splatoon as an IP was a success right now with still more DLC being added, it outsold Smash (let that sink in) and possibly even helped save the Wii U from being a total flop...sure they are from a new IP that hasn't had years to establish itself...but they are still VERY popular and VERY relevant...and they are owned by Nintendo so no third party negotiations needed...

Sakurai's not going 'save' a character for the next game, especially if he sees potential in said character...because to be honest that's a pretty dumb reason to not add a character into the game...Let me remind you that Sakurai doesn't intend to make another Smash game (sure he's said that for every game of the series and we are sitting at the fourth of the series and he's still at the helm, but this game especially is really taking a toll on him)

Burruni

Smash Hero
A better example would be Ridley. Though, the problem isn't that Ridley is unworthy, it's that he is a boss character. Sakurai thinks a playable Ridley would ruin his art, so it's not happening. IF (if) Sakurai thinks Inklings would ruin his art, they aren't happening. It's not all about money. Make all the arguments you want to make about Inklings being worthy, I'm not arguing that they are unworthy, I am saying if Sakurai deems them unworthy, that is a perfectly legitimate reason why he would not add them.
W-r-o-n-g.
Sakurai doesn't think a Playable Ridley would ruin his "art" of Smash.
We have two interviews to prove this.
After Brawl, his response to Ridley as a fighter was: "It may be impossible, but if we managed it he'd probably be a bit slow. Would that be okay?" before letting out a bit of a laugh.

To elaborate his reasoning in line with that, after this game, he said, in his own words, that Ridley is a menace and a boss in Metroid. He, in the amount that he either worked on or at least ran through the idea through his mind with various levels of mental implimentaion, that Ridley's intimidation would be ruined if crammed into the confines of a fighter.

Ridley isn't playable because Sakurai believes it'd ruin RIDLEY, not Smash.

Inklings have already been playable. So THAT is moot. Edit: Their identity are in their playable status in turf wars and combat in Octo Valley spraying ink and controlling territory with it using a wide variety of weapons. The only part of this that may get "stifled" is in the ink terrain control, if the 3DS strains with it. :snake:, :4megaman:, and :4pit: alone show the ease of having a character switch between weapons across their moveset.

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
That's why Sakurai didn't add characters like :4robinm::4greninja: because he wanted to see if they had staying power over the years...oh wait...

Let's also look at:4ryu::4cloud:...yes, both are iconic characters in gaming, but it isalso very likely that their iconicism wasn't the only factor in their inclusion...Ryu's home series has Street Fighter V which is set to release next year, as well as Cloud set to appear in 3 (possibly 4) new games, the biggest one being the FFVII remake...Relevance plays a big role in a character's inclusion...Splatoon as an IP was a success right now with still more DLC being added, it outsold Smash (let that sink in) and possibly even helped save the Wii U from being a total flop...sure they are from a new IP that hasn't had years to establish itself...but they are still VERY popular and VERY relevant...and they are owned by Nintendo so no third party negotiations needed...

Sakurai's not going 'save' a character for the next game, especially if he sees potential in said character...because to be honest that's a pretty dumb reason to not add a character into the game...Let me remind you that Sakurai doesn't intend to make another Smash game (sure he's said that for every game of the series and we are sitting at the fourth of the series and he's still at the helm, but this game especially is really taking a toll on him)
The difference is those two characters are from established series.

Also, again, I'm not going to to argue about Inklings being worthy or not. I was just saying that there are perfectly legitimate reason why Sakurai would hold off on adding them. You may think it's unlikely Sakurai will hold off or not, I don't care.

W-r-o-n-g.
Sakurai doesn't think a Playable Ridley would ruin his "art" of Smash.
We have two interviews to prove this.
After Brawl, his response to Ridley as a fighter was: "It may be impossible, but if we managed it he'd probably be a bit slow. Would that be okay?" before letting out a bit of a laugh.

To elaborate his reasoning in line with that, after this game, he said, in his own words, that Ridley is a menace and a boss in Metroid. He, in the amount that he either worked on or at least ran through the idea through his mind with various levels of mental implimentaion, that Ridley's intimidation would be ruined if crammed into the confines of a fighter.

Ridley isn't playable because Sakurai believes it'd ruin RIDLEY, not Smash.

Inklings have already been playable. So THAT is moot. Edit: Their identity are in their playable status in turf wars and combat in Octo Valley spraying ink and controlling territory with it using a wide variety of weapons. The only part of this that may get "stifled" is in the ink terrain control, if the 3DS strains with it. :snake:, :4megaman:, and :4pit: alone show the ease of having a character switch between weapons across their moveset.
The point was that it would ruin something, either his or someone else's art.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Well... I'm unsure about Inkling's chances with all these things. But personally, I don't want them as DLC (or at least as the Ballot Character)... Why? Because, while I agree that would make sense put them NOW because the absurd popularity... I just... don't want them to take the possible time from other characters that doesn't have a really shiny future... Unlike the Inklings.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The point was that it would ruin something, either his or someone else's art.
The only thing Ridey would ruin in Sakurai's image of Ridley
Inklings: Highly requested Nintendo character from a brand new IP that's been out maybe a year and has not had any sequels. Yes, they're popular NOW, but it's perfectly legitimate reason to want to wait and see if they can STAY popular.
Let's just ignore how Splatoon has not only outsold Smash U iirc but is also one of Nintendo's best selling IPs in the last decade

My Theory is that the colours behind the text in the most recent Nintendo Direct are from one picture that includes all DLC characters to be announced in December. So I contrasted the colours and changed the background to white.

First King K. Rool, the obvious green and yellow are right up his alley.

Second Wolf, this is a bit of a stretch but is my best guess for the darker blue.

Third Shovel Knight, you can't miss his iconic light blue.

Finally Shantae, the skin tan and purple are a dead give away.

What do you guys think? Have any better guesses?
The colors in that dont mean anything. It's just a big rainbow of random colors. They were just added to make the text less bland

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well... I'm unsure about Inkling's chances with all these things. But personally, I don't want them as DLC (or at least as the Ballot Character)... Why? Because, while I agree that would make sense put them NOW because the absurd popularity... I just... don't want them to take the possible time from other characters that doesn't have a really shiny future... Unlike the Inklings.
Yeah I'm pretty torn on the Inklings too, on one hand they've been doing really well and should get in at the height of popularity, but on the other, I want some characters that maybe don't have as much popularity to get in. Though if Inklings do get in they should have Octoling alts (and maybe Callie and Marie alts as well). Honestly Inklings should be like a bonus character like just being added for their surge in popularity and not affecting ballot and preballot characters at all.

Serell

Smash Apprentice
The only thing Ridey would ruin in Sakurai's image of Ridley

Let's just ignore how Splatoon has not only outsold Smash U iirc but is also one of Nintendo's best selling IPs in the last decade
I'm not arguing chances. You obviously think they have high chances. Cool. I was just bringing up a reason why they may not be added. You may think my reasoning is small and unlikely to affect Sakurai's decisions. I wasn't arguing about it being likely, I was just saying that they may be a factor.

A perfectly legitimate reason for not adding a character, despite how much money they would make, is ruining the art of the game. Does Sakurai find Inkling worthy? I don't know. Argue all you want about Inkling having high chances, I'm not really into arguing about character chances anymore.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm not arguing chances. You obviously think they have high chances. Cool. I was just bringing up a reason why they may not be added. You may think my reasoning is small and unlikely to affect Sakurai's decisions. I wasn't arguing about it being likely, I was just saying that they may be a factor.
'From now on, it will be fanservice'
Inklings have a very high appeal and incedible demand, 'saving them for next game' isn't a genuine factor, but something made by people who are desperate for their most wanted characters, scared Inklings would get more priority than them

DBZHedgy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1736-4241-7885
Inklings have a very high appeal and incedible demand, 'saving them for next game' isn't a genuine factor, but something made by people who are desperate for their most wanted characters, scared Inklings would get more priority than them
Well, I mean arguably there have been plenty of characters that he's saved for next time.
Pac Man, Villager, Miis?

I don't knock the idea that the Inklings can be added, in fact, that's probably more likely, but it also isn't out of the question to hold them back until later. Unlikely, but not out of the question.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
el oh el if you think inklings or anything else you've said here has as much fanservice draw as ****ing cloud mother****ing strife and ryu. you either weren't alive in the '90s or you drank yourself into amnesia because that ***** was MASSIVE. he was the master chief of RPGs and no one, I repeat no one came close. ff7 was lightning in a bottle and the sheer hype level and impression it made back then has yet to be duplicated on any front. inklings aren't even a faint blip on the radar compared to the likes of them. every 3rd party is a goddamn legend. megaman, sonic, pac-man, ryu, cloud. there is no one on the planet who plays games who can't identify those five, period. they have tropes made after them in media they haven't even been in. they are the literal origin and most recognized of their design choices. the charging arm cannon? megaman. pills here? pac-man. kung-fu man? ryu. BFS? cloud. the biggest war of quality in the history of video games? sonic.

also remember, the ballot isn't necessarily guaranteed to generate a character. y'all forgetting that brawl ballot that everyone was tooting about. everyone figured if they voted hard enough megaman/ridley/geno/whoever would get in and sakurai went 'lol thx for data' and tossed r.o.b. in our faces(and goddamn did i fall in love that day). that ballot might be used for smash 5, but no reason to think that's coming in now. it's the equivalent of that little suggestion form you get from manufacturers from time to time asking 'how'd we do, and do you want anything else'?

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Let me try to make things clear.

You say Character A will make a lot of money. Because they will make a lot of money, it would be stupid not to add them.

I say video games are an art that can't focus solely on money. If Character A would ruin the piece of art, despite making a lot of money, it is not a good idea to add them.

I'm not specifically attacking the Inklings, just your idea that money is the only thing that matters. I'm also not saying that Inklings would ruin Smash. I'm saying that if Sakurai thinks Inklings or whatever character would ruin his game, he's not going to add them despite the money because he is a true artist. Maybe Sakurai thinks they are worthy, maybe not, I'm not attacking the Inklings or arguing chances.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well, I mean arguably there have been plenty of characters that he's saved for next time.
Pac Man, Villager, Miis?

I don't knock the idea that the Inklings can be added, in fact, that's probably more likely, but it also isn't out of the question to hold them back until later. Unlikely, but not out of the question.
Pac-Manwas because Sakurai couldn't think of moves, Villager and Miis were because the Villy and Miis being in a fighting game was deemed as unfitting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom