• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So he could actually go into more detail about things to the journalists there and take questions. Got to get them interested enough to ask.
Not to mention the private conference was still a part of E3 it's not like he decided to have a Private conference on a completely random day to reveal him.
Good point, but he's also the same guy who "revealed" Roy and Ryu 2 days before E3 2015 even started!

If he had waited, those who weren't spoiled by the leaks would've lost their **** at that E3, but he didn't...

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yes, but did they actually HAVE some big stuff in the main event?

Sure, we could play Star Fox U, but everything else wasn't really THAT big...
The biggest thing there was disappointment.
But Nintendo seemed to think Star Fox looking like crap, Skylanders partnership, shoving Mario down our throats and Discount Republic Commando were big enough. It's on them for making the decision to separate the Smash stuff from the main event. Would rather have had the Smash broadcast in place of "MARIO! MARIO! MARIO! MARIO! MARIO!"

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
I think it was better that they revealed him when they did, actually; revealing him then basically meant that they were saying that he could not be a ballot pick because of how finished he was. If they'd waited to reveal him until now, then we'd really be panicking about him being a possible Ballot pick.
You're not wrong, but what if a veteran was reveal last Direct with the implication that the December direct would contain all the ballot information... and still have the Cloud reveal out of nowhere at TGA?
We spent 5 months without a Direct and Cloud was the perfect way to show that despite the lack of Iwata, Nintendo is still more than capable to deliver hype directly to us.
Absolutely, and I don't know if Nintendo cares that much about TGA in the grander scheme of things.. but continuing from the quote above, it felt that there was no chance there wasn't going to be any type of Smash news at the last direct. Not to say you could've known about Cloud, but Smash news was almost guaranteed however you look at it.

I'm not saying it was a ****-up to reveal Cloud last time.. but that announcement gets the hype however it is revealed. If you want to dominate TGA, that would've been a sure-fire way to do so.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
The spoken issues here isn't "wtf why did they put in Miis," it is moreso "The Miis had more to offer as fighters than a very limited implimentation of the 'build-a-fighter' idea."
Honestly, the whole build-a-fighter thing could have been much better if we had the option to utilize every other character's specials for the Miis. Like, the Mii's abilities already aren't unique to them, with Sword Miis having the spinattack like (Toon) Link and gunner Miis having Charge shots like Samus. If Miis were simply going to borrow moves from other characters, then they should have been given the option to utilize EVERY characters moves in their specials, with a few exceptions of course, like Kirby's inhale

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I have to agree with Miis and Custom Moves having a lot of wasted potential. There should have been a shop for Custom Moves like there was for trophies. Unlocking them all was a real chore, and if Custom Moves were going to be used in tournaments, think of all the places that would have to take time unlocking them all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It would be cool, but eh who knows it could happen doubt it but interesting all the same.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Here's a fun method for speculating for DLC I made yesterday:

This has a point system where you list charatcers based on their likeliness.
There are four categories each with a minimum/maximum number of characters you can place:

Likely
(3-7 characters; 2.5 points each)
Characters who you think are almost guaranteed to get in.
On the Fence
(5-15 characters; 2 points each)
Characters you think are good choices, but are uncertain about.
Hope and Pray
(5-15 characters; 1 point each)
Characters you feel have low chances, but you could still see happening. Anything is possible (not really)!
I'll Eat My Words If I'm Wrong
(5+ characters; video game characters only; -1 point each; +2 if none are shown; limit to 1 "deconfirmed" character)

Characters you are almost certain are not getting in or simply characters you don't want to get in. Please try to have characters that have some form of a reasonable design; I don't want to see a million Monitas lol.
-
There's also a category called Fever Dream where you call characters either on or not on your list. If they get in, you'll get 2 points added to your character. If they aren't on the list you will simply receive 2 points. Characters from your list are limited to your "Hope and Pray" category. (Limit 25 characters max)

Characters that are frequently added in the "Likely" category will receive only .5 points, but 5 points will be awarded if your character was not mentioned by any one else in their list (characters can be mentioned in fever dream).

Feel free to reply if you like.

My list:
Likely: Inkling, K Rool, Dixie, Wolf, Snake

On the Fence: Isaac, Sora, BWD, Rayman, Paper Mario, Toad

Hope and Pray: Phoenix Wright, Impa, Wonder Red, Young Link, Ray MK III, Midna, Krystal, Sceptile, Squirtle, Ivysaur,
Bomberman, Lip

I'll Eat My Words: Jibanyan, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Pichu, Banjo-Kazooie, Ice Climbers

Fever Dream: Wonder Red, Ray MK III, Lyn, Scizor, Mickey Mouse, Tabuu, Linkle, Waluigi, Phosphora, Magnus, Lip

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I want Shovel Knight in because he's from a series, with charm, adventures, and hilarity, he's also one of my 8 favourite characters brave, strong, and Intellegent. Got tons of moveset potential from using his shovel bladeto relics and would be a grand addition, don't know of his chances but we'll see.
Nope. Not a series. One game. It's the reason why he is part of only 3 characters I DO NOT want to join Smash. I feel despite his relatively high sales ect I don't believe it is enough for that particular indie character & some elements from it's games in smash in other forms such as trophies.

I support Shantae as she had a relatively long-term impact.
Hey hey, more input the merrier. And Timeshift Stones could be a neat concept. I imagine they would act like Shulk's Vision attack in a way.
Actually it's how I envision Bayonetta's Witch Time to work, instead of a counter attack, when countering it would put the countered player into a temporary clock-item like slowed down state. Except in Impa's case, it may be used as projectile. (or not. I'm guessing. Haven't played LoZ SS.)
Mii Fighters were by far the worst newcomers in Smaash 4 imo
Nah. Personally it's Duck Hunt Duo. Yh they are unique, but it doesn't mean I like or enjoy that uniqueness.
I dislike playing against them, especially when people online spam those particualrily annoying projectiles. Playing as them is only mildly enjoyable to me. But that's just me.

Only thing with Mii Fighters I dislike , is the lack of an option to allow your Mii's to have a chance of being randomly selected when having CPU's/Player(s) to have random characters.

More variety and more options are only welcome.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Shovel Knight might not be a series yet but it's gotten more support from its developers than pretty much any AAA game.
Came out last year.
Has an all-new campaign with Plague Knight as playable this year.
Will have two new campaigns for King Knight and Spectre Knight after that.

The only games that have gotten this much post-release support in a long time incidentally are Nintendo games.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

There are four categories each with a minimum/maximum number of characters you can place:

Likely
On the Fence
Hope and Pray
Characters you feel have low chances, but you could still see happening. Anything is possible (not really)!
(5+ characters; video game characters only; -1 point each; +2 if none are shown; limit to 1 "deconfirmed" character)

Characters you are almost certain are not getting in or simply characters you don't want to get in. Please try to have characters that have some form of a reasonable design; I don't want to see a million Monitas lol.
-
There's also a category called Fever Dream where you call characters either on or not on your list. If they get in, you'll get 2 points added to your character. If they aren't on the list you will simply receive 2 points. Characters from your list are limited to your "Hope and Pray" category. (Limit 25 characters max)

Characters that are frequently added in the "Likely" category will receive only .5 points, but 5 points will be awarded if your character was not mentioned by any one else in their list (characters can be mentioned in fever dream).

My list:

Hope and Pray: Phoenix Wright, Impa, Wonder Red, Young Link, Ray MK III, Midna, Krystal, Sceptile, Squirtle, Ivysaur,
Bomberman, Lip

I'll Eat My Words: Jibanyan, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Pichu, Banjo-Kazooie, Ice Climbers

Fever Dream: Wonder Red, Ray MK III, Lyn, Scizor, Mickey Mouse, Tabuu, Linkle, Waluigi, Phosphora, Magnus, Lip
This seems like fun.
Likely: I don't really feel like anyone is all too likely other than Wolf and even then it's not a guarantee :p.
On the Fence: Dixie, K. Rool, Waddle Dee, Inklings, Capt. Toad, Magolor and Paper Mario.
Hope and Pray: Dark Matter, Pichu, Snake, Sceptile, Cranky Kong, Rayman, Impa, Ganon, Tails, and Dr. Eggman.
I'll eat my words: Isaac, Geno, Banjo-Kazooie, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Sami, Andy, Clefairy, and Bayonetta.
I don't really feel like they have much of a chance, either their too small to make it, their franchise is dead, they have no future, or their simply too controversial to be a sound business decision.
Fever Dream: Jirachi, Dark Matter, Delphox, Waluigi, Pichu, Ganon, Dr. Eggman and Cranky Kong.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Shovel Knight might not be a series yet but it's gotten more support from its developers than pretty much any AAA game.
Came out last year.
Has an all-new campaign with Plague Knight as playable this year.
Will have two new campaigns for King Knight and Spectre Knight after that.

The only games that have gotten this much post-release support in a long time incidentally are Nintendo games.
I'd argue with The Binding of Isaac. Original and Rebirth. Periodic updates with bits o more content added and rebalancing and then one utterly massive update. Wrath of the Lamb literally putting all they could into the Flash file and now Afterbirth, supposedly, adding about 60% more items ontop of the pool atop of 2 new characters, a number of new boses, 1 major superboss, an entire new game mode, etc.

In terms of from the creators.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'd argue with The Binding of Isaac. Original and Rebirth. Periodic updates with bits o more content added and rebalancing and then one utterly massive update. Wrath of the Lamb literally putting all they could into the Flash file and now Afterbirth, supposedly, adding about 60% more items ontop of the pool atop of 2 new characters, a number of new boses, 1 major superboss, an entire new game mode, etc.

In terms of from the creators.
Well, the Binding of Isaac has been around a lot longer than Shovel Knight.
If that game stopped getting updates and Shovel Knight's all rolled out, they'd be on about the same level.

(TBH I forgot about that game because I'm not really...a fan of it)

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well, the Binding of Isaac has been around a lot longer than Shovel Knight.
If that game stopped getting updates and Shovel Knight's all rolled out, they'd be on about the same level.

(TBH I forgot about that game because I'm not really...a fan of it)
This is true.
That said I'm not holding any belief whatsoever in Butt-Butt but you know that I'm as avid aginst him now as I was Ridley for the main disc.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Likely
On the Fence
Hope and Pray

-

My list:

Bomberman, Lip

You get bonus points for adding Midna!!!
I'm half lazy and on my phoneso I'll add the bare minimum...

----

Likely: Wolf, Inkling, K Rool

On teh Fence: Snake, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Krystal, Impa

H&P: Midna, Lara Croft, Banjo & Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot, Tails

Word noming: Dark Samus, Ridley, Shantae, Ashley, Waluigi, Sora

Fever Dream: Midna, Dark Samus, Tifa, Weavile, Ridley, Impa, Lara Croft, Crash Bandicoot, Banjo & Kazooie, Yoshimitsu, Krystal, Sceptile, Zoroark, Tai' Fu (play station oldie)...etc...
Edit: adding Ganon and Skull Kid to Fever Dream forgot about them...

Last edited:

nedskii-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nedskii
Switch FC
6236-0030-3158
Wait. Sorry if this was already topic but there was much said...
Chances of the broadcast and releases tonight during the game awards?

Likely
On the Fence
Hope and Pray

-

My list:

Bomberman, Lip

I hope I understood this right.

Likely: Wolf, K. Rool, Inkling
On the fence: Bandana Dee, Isaac, Dixie Kong, Snake
Hope and pray: Captain Toad, Paper Mario, Impa, Krystal, Chibi-Robo, Squirtle, Ivysaur
I'll eat my words: Geno, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Young Link
Fever dream: K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Wolf, Captain Toad, Black Mage, Bomberman, Ganon, Ridley, Gengar, Kamek, Meowth

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Wait. Sorry if this was already topic but there was much said...
Chances of the broadcast and releases tonight during the game awards?
Chance of release tonight highly unlikely. If anything maybe the air date and time for the Direct.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
I hope I understood this right.

Likely: Wolf, K. Rool, Inkling
On the fence: Bandana Dee, Isaac, Dixie Kong, Snake
Hope and pray: Captain Toad, Paper Mario, Impa, Krystal, Chibi-Robo, Squirtle, Ivysaur
I'll eat my words: Geno, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Young Link
Fever dream: Captain Toad, Black Mage, Bomberman, Ganon, Ridley, Gengar, Kamek, Meowth
You're good. Just keep in mind you can put characters already in the other four categories into fever dream. Fever Dream is simply bonus points.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Hmm... I see we're back to talking about Shovel Knight... you know what I dislike? When some people pettily detracts by calling him "Shovelware Knight."

Burruni

Smash Hero
Hmm... I see we're back to talking about Shovel Knight... you know what I dislike? When some people pettily detracts by calling him "Shovelware Knight."
Oh. It's a very good game.
A. Very good indie game.
By that merit, Quote should get in because he has the history.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm sorry I laughed.

I'm personally against against indies joining the fray yet, but Shovel Knight is a good game.

:231:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom