• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
I know that this was settled hours ago... But I can't ignore it...

Uh no, that was Sakurai on characters that have no importance to their respective franchises, in which he listed a generic Waddle Dee, Baby Peach, and Dry Bones. Bandana Dee is very important to his franchise, and has proved that he's not just your typical filler player-4 character. In other words, there's more then meets the eye.
You can make that argument for literally every single minor character from every single franchise. Bandana Dee is an auxiliary character. Kirby, Dedede and Meta Knight are the major characters of the Kirby series. Bandana Dee is just as important as Cranky or Funky Kong are in the Donkey Kong series, or Midna in the Zelda series, they are auxiliary characters

@Morbi isn't wrong at all actually...
I don't put much stock into these fan polls, they poll a tiny minuscule fraction of the Smash fan base and mean absolutely nothing. I'm saying that as a fan of Geno, but I don't throw these polls in everyone face and tell them how popular Geno still is, but 95% of the users in this thread would have you believe he isn't popular anymore or a highly requested character (even though he is still popular with classic Nintendo fans who aren't as vocal anymore since they have jobs and are real people now who don't have the time to carry on in the internet)

In fact, you're only being biased and basing things off of what you think, so if you're going to act like that, I suggest you leave. (And about when you said Xenoblade doesn't need another character...I disagree in that area too)
You telling me I'm biased and then you go ahead and vomit up one of your own biases that Xenoblade should get another fighter? Xenoblade barely sold one million units and the sequel doesn't look like its going to do much better. Xenoblade is not a popular franchise regardless of what people have you believe. Its a C list Nintendo franchise at best. You are the one who needs to get out of here with that entitled childish logic, calling others out for being biased but exempting yourself from acting biased. Everyone has their own opinions and if saying their opinions means they are biased then you need to learn social skills 101, kid. At this point I could care less for being modded if every time someone gets their feelings hurt by something I said because I don't sugar coat it for all these thin skinned teenagers

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Have we figured out what Sakurai could have meant when he Tweeted this after the last Nintendo direct?

"We're going to meet a fairly difficult request, but Why?
For more information, you will learn in the Smash Bros. special program of December delivery schedule."

Maybe it is a incorrect translation?

Last edited:

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
[/spoiler]

Feel free to reply if you like.

My list:
Likely: Inkling, K Rool, Dixie, Wolf, Snake

On the Fence: Isaac, Sora, BWD, Rayman, Paper Mario, Toad

Hope and Pray: Phoenix Wright, Impa, Wonder Red, Young Link, Ray MK III, Midna, Krystal, Sceptile, Squirtle, Ivysaur,
Bomberman, Lip

I'll Eat My Words: Jibanyan, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Pichu, Banjo-Kazooie, Ice Climbers

Fever Dream: Wonder Red, Ray MK III, Lyn, Scizor, Mickey Mouse, Tabuu, Linkle, Waluigi, Phosphora, Magnus, Lip
Dude, a lot of your Hope and Pray or Fever Dream characters have way better chance that you think, at least for the next Smash game. I know its your list, but Linkle is a trerribad character and choice, personally, and adding more Kid Icarus characters is going overboard on such a minor series, it would be a slap in the face to fans of other series. You listed almost everyone with a decent chance, who else do you think they will choose? Plus, Sora and Rayman should be in the Fever Dream section, they have more legal hurdles than 95% of the people you listed in Fever Dream. Overall, this list is chill and logical, and most important, fair (minus Kid Icarus)

I'll reciprocate:

Likely: Inkling, Wolf
On the Fence: K Rool
Fever Dream: Geno, Banjo-Kazooie

Last edited:

DBZHedgy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1736-4241-7885
Have we figured out what Sakurai could have meant when he Tweeted this after the last Nintendo direct?

For more information, you will learn in the Smash Bros. special program of December delivery schedule."

He was talking about Cloud when he said that

Well the words are wrong as hell

Most people seem to agree it means CLoud was the difficult request. Some people believe this emans Cloud was a ballot character.

I dont want any of the indies in smash really. Shantae is meh and some of her fans are. . .eghh. Haven't played Shovel Knight

There is one Indie character I want though. . . but her game isn't out and wont be for 2 years probably >_> RIP Ajna for smash.

D

Deleted member

True but he'll establish himself hopefully Shovel Knight gets in one day!

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
He was talking about Cloud when he said that
Aha so it was only a translation error..

Then the real translation is probably something like this:

"We have now met a fairly difficult request, but why?
For more information, you will learn about it in the Smash Bros. special program that is scheduled to be delivered in December."

Then it makes more sense :p

EDIT: Nvm saw that you linked the correct translation A Distant Demon A Distant Demon thx.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
You can make that argument for literally every single minor character from every single franchise. Bandana Dee is an auxiliary character. Kirby, Dedede and Meta Knight are the major characters of the Kirby series. Bandana Dee is just as important as Cranky or Funky Kong are in the Donkey Kong series, or Midna in the Zelda series, they are auxiliary characters
Bandana Dee has been playable twice recently, and in Rainbow Curse Dedede and Meta Knight weren't playable while Bandana Dee is, I don't think he's intended to be a reserve, more or less the 4th main/major character, if he wasn't that I doubt he would be prioritized over the likes of Dedede and Metty.

Also, could anyone bother explaining how things like this are possible? I was just messing around on Google trends and decided to see how K. Rool and Dixie stack up to my favorites and Cloud, but to my shock, they weren't high up at all. You'd think K. Rool would be dominant due to his campaigns but he's only just barely able to make a scratch, what's up with that? I get that it has nothing to do with the ballot, but I'm really just absolutely shocked at how this is even possible? Are Jirachi, Jigglypuff and Cloud really that much bigger than the DK duo in pop culture? o-O

Last edited:

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee has been playable twice recently, and in Rainbow Curse Dedede and Meta Knight weren't playable while Bandana Dee is, I don't think he's intended to be a reserve, more or less the 4th main/major character, if he wasn't that I doubt he would be prioritized over the likes of Dedede and Metty.

Also, could anyone bother explaining how things like this are possible? I was just messing around on Google trends and decided to see how K. Rool and Dixie stack up to my favorites, but to my shock, they weren't high up at all. You'd think K. Rool would be dominant due to his campaigns but he's only just barely able to make a scratch, what's up with that? I get that it has nothing to do with the ballot, but I'm really just absolutely shocked at how this is even possible? Are Jirachi, Jigglypuff and Cloud really that much bigger than the DK duo in pop culture? o-O
Thats putting way too much stock in the character, at one point Gooey had a huge following and a lot of support. Does that mean we should ignore those fans who at one time wanted that character as a Kirby representative? This recent mantra or thought process of adding characters to Smash Bros. based on recent popularity or flavor of the month is whack

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Here's a fun method for speculating for DLC I made yesterday:

This has a point system where you list charatcers based on their likeliness.
There are four categories each with a minimum/maximum number of characters you can place:

Likely
(3-7 characters; 2.5 points each)
Characters who you think are almost guaranteed to get in.
On the Fence
(5-15 characters; 2 points each)
Characters you think are good choices, but are uncertain about.
Hope and Pray
(5-15 characters; 1 point each)
Characters you feel have low chances, but you could still see happening. Anything is possible (not really)!
I'll Eat My Words If I'm Wrong
(5+ characters; video game characters only; -1 point each; +2 if none are shown; limit to 1 "deconfirmed" character)

Characters you are almost certain are not getting in or simply characters you don't want to get in. Please try to have characters that have some form of a reasonable design; I don't want to see a million Monitas lol.
-
There's also a category called Fever Dream where you call characters either on or not on your list. If they get in, you'll get 2 points added to your character. If they aren't on the list you will simply receive 2 points. Characters from your list are limited to your "Hope and Pray" category. (Limit 25 characters max)

Characters that are frequently added in the "Likely" category will receive only .5 points, but 5 points will be awarded if your character was not mentioned by any one else in their list (characters can be mentioned in fever dream).

Feel free to reply if you like.

My list:
Likely: Inkling, K Rool, Dixie, Wolf, Snake

On the Fence: Isaac, Sora, BWD, Rayman, Paper Mario, Toad

Hope and Pray: Phoenix Wright, Impa, Wonder Red, Young Link, Ray MK III, Midna, Krystal, Sceptile, Squirtle, Ivysaur,
Bomberman, Lip

I'll Eat My Words: Jibanyan, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Pichu, Banjo-Kazooie, Ice Climbers

Fever Dream: Wonder Red, Ray MK III, Lyn, Scizor, Mickey Mouse, Tabuu, Linkle, Waluigi, Phosphora, Magnus, Lip
Likely:
Wolf, Inkling, Maybe Dixie

On the Fence:
K Rool, Impa, Krystal, Bandana Dee, Isaac

Hope and Pray:
Tetra, Chibi-Robo, Elma, Lara Croft, Dark Samus, Ridley, Rayman, Sceptile, Corrin, Squirtle, Ivysaur

I'll eat my words:
Shovel Knight, Shantae, Geno, Pichu, Young Link, Banjo

Fever Dream:
Knuckles, Lyn, Brittany, Midna & Wolf Link, Skull Kid

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Thats putting way too much stock in the character, at one point Gooey had a huge following and a lot of support. Does that mean we should ignore those fans who at one time wanted that character as a Kirby representative?
Gooey support was never that big, and to be honest he isn't the biggest Kirby character from that era who's not in the game, don't see why adding Bandana Dee over him could be that big of a mistake since Bandana Dee's bigger overall anyway (KSS, KSSU, RTDL, KTD, and KRC vs KDL2 and KDL3). Although if we were to randomly ban Bandana Dee since his popularity is too new or something, wouldn't Dark Matter, who is both important to the plot and the series's essence as a whole, still be a logical choice to both satisfy older fans of the series and represent the series accordingly?

This recent mantra or thought process of adding characters to Smash Bros. based on recent popularity or flavor of the month is whack
I agree with you, I'd much rather get characters based on their importance to their franchise, their lasting popularity(characters that don't just fade away), and history.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Gooey support was never that big, and to be honest he isn't the biggest Kirby character from that era who's not in the game, don't see why adding Bandana Dee over him could be that big of a mistake since Bandana Dee's bigger overall anyway (KSS, KSSU, RTDL, KTD, and KRC vs KDL2 and KDL3). Although if we were to randomly ban Bandana Dee since his popularity is too new or something, wouldn't Dark Matter, who is both important to the plot and the series's essence as a whole, still be a logical choice to both satisfy older fans of the series and represent the series accordingly?

I agree with you, I'd much rather get characters based on their importance to their franchise, their lasting popularity(characters that don't just fade away), and history.
Why are we even arguing? All I see here is that we agree, but my point was that I rather have new series added to Smash Bros., rather than adding to series who already have fighters, since the viable major characters from each series are more or less present

DBZHedgy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1736-4241-7885
Why are we even arguing? All I see here is that we agree, but my point was that I rather have new series added to Smash Bros., rather than adding to series who already have fighters, since the viable major characters from each series are more or less present
This basically

Not to sound bitter about characters having support or anything, but it just seems a little selfish to want a character from a series that's already pretty well represented I.E. Paper Mario, Impa, Bandana Dee, Daisy, etc etc. when they could add in a flagship character from a completely absent series.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
This basically

Not to sound bitter about characters having support or anything, but it just seems a little selfish to want a character from a series that's already pretty well represented I.E. Paper Mario, Impa, Bandana Dee, Daisy, etc etc. when they could add in a flagship character from a completely absent series.
See there is a problem with this mindset as well...

Is it really selfish if the person in question legitemately likes the character and thinks they'd be an awesome fighter?...That's the thing...fans of a certain franchise are more likely to be more attached to the characters from said franchise...
So I'm a Zelda fan...but its selfish for me to want a character from the Zelda franchise despite the fact that I love said character and think they'd make an amazing fighter?...

This were the whole 'reps' issue comes into play...'They have reps, so they don't need any more'...

I agree that some other series like Golden Sun, Custom Robo, etc. could use a bit more attention, but I don't necessarily think they should be added JUST for the sake of exposure...

Last edited:

DBZHedgy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1736-4241-7885
See there is a problem with this mindset as well...

Is it really selfish if the person in question legitemately likes the character and thinks they'd be an awesome fighter?...That's the thing...fans of a certain franchise are more likely to be more attached to the characters from said franchise...
So I'm a Zelda fan...but its selfish for me to want a character from the Zelda franchise despite the fact that I love said character and think they'd make an amazing fighter?...

This were the whole 'reps' issue comes into play...'They have reps, so they don't need any more'...

I agree that some other series like Golden Sun, Custom Robo, etc. could use a bit more attention, but I don't necessarily think they should be added JUST for the sake of exposure...
Almost anyone could become an amazing fighter in Smash Brothers.
Look at Captain Falcon. The dude barely gets out of his car in his games and he's a monster in hand-to-hand combat.

I'm not saying that you don't deserve to have your favorite character in, but I mean, there should be a little leeway to how much a series gets exposure compared to others that have little to none. Otherwise, Sakurai could make the whole roster just from Pokemon, Zelda and Mario franchises alone.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Am I the only person who dislikes Etika?
No.
As much as I like his reactions, they always seem as though they're staged.
But who am I to judge. I mean, we'll probably be doing the same thing during the broadcast.
Also, he thinks Goku has a chance.
What even.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Almost anyone could become an amazing fighter in Smash Brothers.
Look at Captain Falcon. The dude barely gets out of his car in his games and he's a monster in hand-to-hand combat.

I'm not saying that you don't deserve to have your favorite character in, but I mean, there should be a little leeway to how much a series gets exposure compared to others that have little to none. Otherwise, Sakurai could make the whole roster just from Pokemon, Zelda and Mario franchises alone.
No. But you said 'it seems a little selfish'...

This is what I'm referring to...
'why add this character when you can add someone else?'...because someone else doesn't really interest me as much as the former'...

No.
As much as I like his reactions, they always seem as though they're staged.
But who am I to judge. I mean, we'll probably be doing the same thing during the broadcast.
Also, he thinks Goku has a chance.
What even.
Embellished/exaggerated would be the proper term, not staged since he does Livestream his reactions...

The dude can be entertaining at times, and while he is entitled to his opinions, they can be very questionable at times....

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I don't put much stock into these fan polls, they poll a tiny minuscule fraction of the Smash fan base and mean absolutely nothing. I'm saying that as a fan of Geno, but I don't throw these polls in everyone face and tell them how popular Geno still is, but 95% of the users in this thread would have you believe he isn't popular anymore or a highly requested character (even though he is still popular with classic Nintendo fans who aren't as vocal anymore since they have jobs and are real people now who don't have the time to carry on in the internet)

You telling me I'm biased and then you go ahead and vomit up one of your own biases that Xenoblade should get another fighter? Xenoblade barely sold one million units and the sequel doesn't look like its going to do much better. Xenoblade is not a popular franchise regardless of what people have you believe. Its a C list Nintendo franchise at best. You are the one who needs to get out of here with that entitled childish logic, calling others out for being biased but exempting yourself from acting biased. Everyone has their own opinions and if saying their opinions means they are biased then you need to learn social skills 101, kid. At this point I could care less for being modded if every time someone gets their feelings hurt by something I said because I don't sugar coat it for all these thin skinned teenagers
There is so much wrong with this post I can't even begin. It's full of ignorance, controdictions, bias, trying to make yourself have more authority by calling someone else names, and wrong use of words. Bandana Dee has proved he's not the Blue Toad of the Kirby franchise, Cranky is the original Donkey Kong, Funky has appeared in every major DK game since Country, Midna not being important to her own franchise was an arguement proven farce by her having an Amiibo, and if fanpolls aren't reliable, how the flying **** do you know if Isaac is more requested then BDee!? And then there's the fact that Xenoblade is an established franchise in Smash, not to mention the ass-loads of appearances that Fiora has been making, not to mention the recent release of X would make her an exellent cross-promotion. (Also just a fun little thing, my friends know who both Bandana Dee and Fiora are, but not Ray MK III or Takamaru) And your last part only made you look worse. I respect your opinion and all, but what you did wasn't right, I'm not even sure if I can trust that you know what the word biased means anymore. :/

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

'why add this character when you can add someone else?'...because someone else doesn't really interest me as much as the former'...

Embellished/exaggerated would be the proper term, not staged since he does Livestream his reactions...

The dude can be entertaining at times, and while he is entitled to his opinions, they can be very questionable at times....
Yeah. Exaggerated was the word I was forgetting.
Even if it is exaggerated, it IS entertaining.
I mean, he was throwing paper around when he saw Cloud was revealed.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Sorry if I sounded harsh everyone, I just wanted to get that out of the way is all.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
There is so much wrong with this post I can't even begin. It's full of ignorance, controdictions, bias, trying to make yourself have more authority by calling someone else names, and wrong use of words. Bandana Dee has proved he's not the Blue Toad of the Kirby franchise, Cranky is the original Donkey Kong, Funky has appeared in every major DK game since Country, Midna not being important to her own franchise was an arguement proven farce by her having an Amiibo, and if fanpolls aren't reliable, how the flying **** do you know if Isaac is more requested then BDee!? And then there's the fact that Xenoblade is an established franchise in Smash, not to mention the ***-loads of appearances that Fiora has been making, not to mention the recent release of X would make her an exellent cross-promotion. (Also just a fun little thing, my friends know who both Bandana Dee and Fiora are, but not Ray MK III or Takamaru) And your last part only made you look worse. I respect your opinion and all, but what you did wasn't right, I'm not even sure if I can trust that you know what the word biased means anymore. :/
This post reeks of angry fourteen year old angst. I'm not going to bother explaining why Xenoblade is a low tier Nintendo franchise. You obviously don't know what having "star power" is, or understand the difference between "main character" and "auxiliary character". You can tell us all you want how popular you think Fiora is or how much you want it in Smash Bros., the fact is that it's an unknown, unpopular character in the greater scheme of things. Just because a character got its own thread on Smash Boards doesn't mean it's popular, just a vocal minority. Xenoblade barely sold a million units, sales are the best way to gauge popularity, therefore Xenoblade can't be as popular as you make it out to be, especially not an auxiliary character in an already less popular game

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
This post reeks of angry fourteen year old angst. I'm not going to bother explaining why Xenoblade is a low tier Nintendo franchise. You obviously don't know what having "star power" is, or understand the difference between "main character" and "auxiliary character". You can tell us all you want how popular you think Fiora is or how much you want it in Smash Bros., the fact is that it's an unknown, unpopular character in the greater scheme of things. Just because a character got its own thread on Smash Boards doesn't mean it's popular, just a vocal minority. Xenoblade barely sold a million units, sales are the best way to gauge popularity, therefore Xenoblade can't be as popular as you make it out to be, especially not an auxiliary character in an already less popular game
Guess who's already in the game boy? :4shulk:Not to mention the series is a spiritual continuation of FF VII, and guess who's in the game? :4cloud:Fiora has every right to appear in the game. Also, tell me where you have these sales numbers, I'd really love to know.

Edit: Wait, there's a simpler way out...

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Guess who's already in the game boy? :4shulk:Not to mention the series is a spiritual continuation of FF VII, and guess who's in the game? :4cloud:Fiora has every right to appear in the game. Also, tell me where you have these sales numbers, I'd really love to know.

Yes there is a simpler way out, stop replying, you're just adding fuel to the fire...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yes there is a simpler way out, stop replying, you're just adding fuel to the fire...
I honestly just want him to stop with his additude, as it's incredibly annoying and ignorant, but I'll just ignore him, as it's the best thing to do in a situation like this.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman

Check vgchartz.com for a rough estimate. What did you think it sold? Ten million? Welcome to reality, you really do sound like a child, who packs up their toys and goes inside when they are mad. Fiora wasn't even chosen to appear in Shulks Final Smash, shows just how much Sakurai thinks of her "relevancy"

Your passive aggressive, condescending, "holier than thou" attitude is wearing thin, welcome to my ignore list

Last edited:

Halifax?

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WhataTreeBark
After watching the VGAs...

Snake isn't coming back cause Konami is ****ing crazy dude.

Last edited:

DBZHedgy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1736-4241-7885

It doesn't have to do with interest, if that were the case I'd be clamoring for another Mother main, but I'm not because that would be unfair to the franchises that have no reps and plenty of supporters, like I said. Ness and Lucas are very much enough for the Mother series, and likewise, or arguably even more so for the Mario series, Pokemon series, Zelda series, and Fire Emblem series (but everybody already talks about that one already :p) etc etc. How isn't that selfish?

"My character should be in because he/she would be really cool even though other potential fighters from different series could be just as cool or even more cool, but y'know, mine should still be in because who the heck cares about the other franchises that aren't repped amirite?" I played this up for satire, but you get what I'm saying right?

(Note. I hate the rep argument. Ill play devils advocate)
If we're using the reps argument. Then Xenoblade is really not that big. Xenoblade getting a second character after being so niche would be strange. With much bigger series and characters existing, Xenoblade gettign a second character any time soon would be weird

Plus Fiora isn't that popular to begin with. And I like her

Melia is a better choice anyway

How isn't that selfish?
because it's a video game and people can want what they want. Wanting something else just because other people didnt get what they want is stupid

Even then. We play as characters. Not reps

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Guess who's already in the game boy? :4shulk:Not to mention the series is a spiritual continuation of FF VII, and guess who's in the game?
uhhh

Pretty sure that Xenoblade Chronicles is a spiritual successor to Xenogears and Xenosaga, as Monolith Soft is comprised of the people that made those games

Not to mention, y'know, borrowing assets and concepts from those series and everything else

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It doesn't have to do with interest, if that were the case I'd be clamoring for another Mother main, but I'm not because that would be unfair to the franchises that have no reps and plenty of supporters, like I said. Ness and Lucas are very much enough for the Mother series, and likewise, or arguably even more so for the Mario series, Pokemon series, Zelda series, and Fire Emblem series (but everybody already talks about that one already :p) etc etc. How isn't that selfish?

"My character should be in because he/she would be really cool even though other potential fighters from different series could be just as cool or even more cool, but y'know, mine should still be in because who the heck cares about the other franchises that aren't repped amirite?" I played this up for satire, but you get what I'm saying right?
ok so I'll support a ""character"" I don't actually care about because 'muh reps' got it...

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
"Roy's going to be revealed at the FE anniversary concert guys! It makes sense!"
You wouldn't believe how widespread this thought was before Roy ended up getting revealed in June. Literally everyone believed that Roy was getting revealed at the event. Only me and a handful of people said he was getting revealed at E3 and people thought there was no way that was going to happen.

Welp, Snake is officially out of the running.
I don't think so TBH. Konami might be a crappy company and whatnot but Snake in Smash is something fans really want to see so personal feelings should be put aside for that.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
(Note. I hate the rep argument. Ill play devils advocate)
If we're using the reps argument. Then Xenoblade is really not that big. Xenoblade getting a second character after being so niche would be strange. With much bigger series and characters existing, Xenoblade gettign a second character any time soon would be weird

Plus Fiora isn't that popular to begin with. And I like her

Melia is a better choice anyway

because it's a video game and people can want what they want. Wanting something else just because other people didnt get what they want is stupid

Even then. We play as characters. Not reps
The selfish part comes in to play when someone responds to an idea like "well, these series already have fighters in the game, a new series can bring fresh stages and music and fighters" with a post like "what? No, because all the characters from my favorite franchise deserve to be in the game first even though the series had three and four fighters already, it's underrepresented still"

I don't think so TBH. Konami might be a crappy company and whatnot but Snake in Smash is something fans really want to see so personal feelings should be put aside for that.
You mean like Kojimas personal feelings that just got trampled on? Yeah, Konami doesn't care about Kojimas feelings, they could care less about the feelings of Smash Bros. fans, Hahaha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom