• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I know that I've brought up Hoopa before, but since you can now get one at North America, I've had some thoughts about it...

Hoopa

The player normally plays as Hoopa Confined. While in its Confined appearance, Hoopa is a short fighter, and it's also very lightweight (weight is between that of Mewtwo and Jigglypuff). Despite this, however, Hoopa possesses a good deal of disjointed attacks, and its range is boosted even further with its loops. As a result, while it is a small target, Hoopa's reach can be deceptively large. Hoopa is also quite mobile in the air, but it's quite floaty as well, which, when combined with its very low weight, makes it quite easy to send flying.

Standard Special: Shadow Ball
Hoopa charges up a shadowy orb. It does charge faster than Mewtwo's Shadow Ball, but it delivers multiple hits, instead of one strong hit. The more the orb is charged, the more damage it can deal per hit, along with traveling even further.

Side Special: Hyperspace Hole
Hoopa throws one of its loops forward. If it hits anyone, Hoopa will instantly teleport and hit the target hard. The attack is unblockable, but the loop doesn't move very fast, which makes it possible to avoid the attack altogether. If the loop doesn't hit anyone, Hoopa will have to wait 5 seconds before it can use the move again.

Up Special: Teleport
Hoopa uses its loops to warp from one place to another. The move can also grab opponents who are near Hoopa, taking them with it. When Hoopa reappears, anyone who was caught in the move will be sent flying, but the move's knockback isn't necessarily powerful. Teleport's range is comparable to that of Pikachu's Quick Feet custom special move.

Down Special: Magic Coat
Hoopa shields itself with a barrier that reflects projectile attacks. Reflected projectiles will deal 1.1x more damage than normal, but it has no effect against direct attacks.

Final Smash: Hoopa Unbound

Upon acquiring a Smash Ball, Hoopa can use it to transform into Hoopa Unbound. Unlike Hoopa Confined, Hoopa Unbound is a gargantuan, whose size rivals that of Giga Bowser. Additionally, its attack power increases drastically, and it becomes impervious to flinching. However, Hoopa Unbound can still take damage from attacks, and it's also less mobile than Hoopa Confined.

Despite these drawbacks though, Hoopa Unbound's reach is quite large, and its special moves have also been altered to some extent. The duration of the Final Smash is short, however, lasting up to 20 seconds, and it gets shortened even further if it takes any damage. Hoopa Unbound reverts back to Hoopa Confined once the Final Smash ends.

Hoopa Unbound's Shadow Ball fires as many as 6 Shadow Balls, with each one dealing 5% damage per hit. The orbs don't need to be charged, as they're automatically fired upon the move's execution.

Hyperspace Hole changes into Hyperspace Fury, and it has a much bigger range. Hoopa Unbound's attack upon catching any opponents with Hyperspace Fury is even more destructive in that it delivers heavy knockback that can easily KO even the heaviest fighters in the game, but only after their current damage is at 50% or higher. However, as a drawback, Hyperspace Fury greatly shortens the duration of the Final Smash by 10 seconds whenever it hits anyone; you can do at least two Hyperspace Fury attacks before Hoopa Unbound reverts back to Hoopa Confined.

Hoopa Unbound's Teleport operates the same way as with Hoopa Confined's version, but it can send grabbed opponents flying even further than Hoopa Confined's version. However, the move's travel distance is much shorter for Hoopa Unbound, due to its size.

Magic Coat also operates the same way as with Hoopa Confined's version, but any projectiles that are reflected by Hoopa Unbound's version will deal 1.5x more damage than normal.
I made a Hoopa thread before in the old character discussion threads.

The concept of storing items, or attacks in another 'dimension'.
Plus a portal fighter is a unique gimmick.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
If we're talking about xd music there's the cipher peon theme https://youtu.be/AL6ktH4S-1s
Or its final boss music https://youtu.be/V-qmnkfjrB0
awwwh man, I wanna play it again

Do we even have representation from the Coliseum games?

I feel like Mt battle could have been a fun stage but as far as I know we have nothing from those games. Which is unfortunate because they were awesome. (Totally not biased towards double battles)
As far asI know there zero PokemonXD representation at all in Smash

Last edited:

Gimmick

Smash Ace
You know for some reason I honestly forgot that the Metroid Franchise existed until I saw a :4zss: amiibo at Game Stop today...

Anyway, I do feel like some of the DLC discussion has gone a bit over-board. I'll admit that I'd really like to see Master Chief in smash, but the chances of him actually appearing are extremely unlikely. He's literally irrelevant to Nintendo. Has he had an impact on gaming? Yes, but him and the game he appears in have never came to a Nintendo consoles. The same can't be said for Cloud who's series pretty much originated on Nintendo consoles. Not only that, but Cloud has made at least 5 appearances on Nintendo consoles as a cameo or playable character. I don't know where got this nonsense that Cloud's never appeared on a Nintendo console. So in all honesty, while seeing characters like Kratos, Master Chief, and so on would be neat, it's just not as realistic as many would like to think.

I also think that people need to be prepared for what's about to come. Obviously not every character is going to make it in, and I honestly see a lot of salt being generated when character A didn't get in, but character B did. I'd love to see Sub-Zero, Tiki, Yarn Yoshi, Lora Croft, and quite a few others. However, I'm aware of the likelihood of these characters so I'm not setting my expectations to an extreme level.

Though, TBH, I'd pretty salty if we get mii costumes for characters from companies not yet represented in the game. Oh god, a Snake and Scorpion mii costume...

Anyway, in terms of stages I'd like to see...

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
No not wrath of the reset bomb.

"Reset bomb forest" is the song that plays in KIU's land section of the stage that appears in Smash Bros (The Reset Bomb Forest obviously). Link

Wrath of the reset bomb is the song that plays for the next chapter, titled "Wrath of the Reset Bomb." It plays at the Reset Bomb Depot. Link

THIS is the song that plays on the reset bomb forest stage. Link

The song "Rest Bomb Forest" that is played in the Reset Bomb Forest area, does not appear on the stage called "Reset Bomb Forest." Instead the song from the next chapter plays.

With "Reset Bomb Forest" being my favorite song in KIU, i'm not exactly happy it missed out on an easy opportunity.
:o

I actually did not realize this. I'm ashamed of myself as a KI fan. ;.;

But tbh, I'm happy with the KI representation in generally so it's OK. More! I demand more! :p

Last edited:

Alice Margatroid

Doll Judgement
3DS ---> Wii U:

Arena Ferox

Brinstar

Corneria

Wii U ---> 3DS:

Temple (I know it's impossible, but I think it would be cool.)

Skyworld

Gamer

:o

I actually did not realize this. I'm ashamed of myself as a KI fan. ;.;

But tbh, I'm happy with the KI representation in generally so it's OK. More! I demand more! :p
Yeah I obsess over the most random of things.
When video game music meets the area of my most wanted for Smash I suppose it isn't that :083: I notice something i've never seen someone bring up.

You can never have enough KI content because it is all so perfect. Especially the music ;)

Also now I want to play the 2 Coliseum games even though I cant. Thanks guys -_-

Last edited:

predator_21476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
predator_21476
awwwh man, I wanna play it again

As far asI know there zero PokemonXD representation at all in Smash
We need some content from the colosseum/ xd Pokemon games. Even if it's only music because those games have amazing music.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Let's change the subject for now.

Stages. Name three 3DS stages you'd like to see be on the Wii U, and vice versa. That's a decent change of pace.
3DS stages on Wii U:
- Magicant
- Mute City
- Gerudo Valley

Wii U stages on 3DS:
- Wii Fit Studio
- Lylat Cruise
- Pyrosphere (possibly with Ridley removed, similar to how Gaur Plain doesn't have Metal Face)

I'd also like to have Delfino Plaza, Pirate Ship, Luigi's Mansion, Halberd, Skyworld and Kongo Jungle 64. Most of the Brawl stages I liked the most are in the Wii U version, which I don't have yet.

And I'm fairly sure that the 3DS could handle most of those, except maybe Pirate Ship, given the DLC is Wii U only.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wii U stages on 3DS:
- Wii Fit Studio
- Lylat Cruise
- Pyrosphere (possibly with Ridley removed, similar to how Gaur Plain doesn't have Metal Face)

I'd also like to have Delfino Plaza, Pirate Ship, Luigi's Mansion, Halberd, Skyworld and Kongo Jungle 64. Most of the Brawl stages I liked the most are in the Wii U version, which I don't have yet.

And I'm fairly sure that the 3DS could handle most of those, except maybe Pirate Ship, given the DLC is Wii U only.
Pirate Ship isn't on the 3DS as swimming in not in that version. I think Wii Fit Studio might have to remove the mirrors to work.

:231:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I suppose the 3DS isn't getting the Midgard Stage then...
Given the amount of detail they put into it, I wouldn't expect it in its full glory, at least. The 3DS will get something though, that's for sure.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Devil's Advocate: Let the water act as pits, as it does for Paper Mario and Tortimer Island/
If they wanted, they would already have done that, I think. I do think that's a fairly obvious way to port it. Maybe they're unwilling to compromise?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hey guys what if Yu from Persona 4 were a playable character in Smash? :awesome:

Burruni

Smash Hero
If they wanted, they would already have done that, I think. I do think that's a fairly obvious way to port it. Maybe they're unwilling to compromise?

Just spouting theoreticals.
Honestly, the only stage I "miss" jumping from 3DS to WiiU was/is Gerudo Valley.

Edit:
Hey guys what if Yu from Persona 4 were a playable character in Smash? :awesome:
Was on a Nintendo console for Persona Q. The "Cloud Strife" of SMT/Persona. A series that already has crossovers with Nintendo.

But, as I've stated. Jack Frost for Atlus. #HeeHeeHo.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Devil's Advocate: Let the water act as pits, as it does for Paper Mario and Tortimer Island/
Angel's Advocate? Those stages (Paper Mario and Tortimer's Island) are 3DS original stages and therefore they are not balanced against another version of the game. If you were to make the water act as a pit in "Pirate Ship" it would be fundamentally different across both versions and negate the intent of re-releasing the stage in the first place.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
facts? nope there is no proof that this would be impossible to happen, it wouldnt hurt if we get 2 characters from square enix.
SMRPG character = represent Nintendo history
FF/TR/DQ/CT character = represent Square enix history
I think we can still get Geno, its not really impossible after all, Cloud is like what Square-enix is about or the head of it, while Geno is the Nintendo's part of Square-enix or what Square and Nintendo teaming up together for the first time.
I really dont think 1 square-enix character is enough, because we are missing the Nintendo's part of the company and Square-enix is a huge comapny.
You didnt read my post if you think you are responding to it correctly, or that I anywhere said Geno is impossible.
I asked if you would try to find a common ground regarding undeniable facts surrounding Geno's case. To admit to the clear understanding that should be a given- things such as only one third party company having a second character in Smash so far.
Things such as him being a third party, you get no opinion toward (at least not one that matters or is relevant, we all know you are pro-Geno at any cost).

Your denial and refusal to come to a common ground on simple facts is enough reason to just move the conversation onward, because when there is one with whom another cannot reason, we are simply yelling at each other, and that is futile.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Guys I think the 3DS can handle Midgar.

It has a lot of very busy stages, and Midgar only had one summon active at a time.
The very worst that will happen is, the water summon and laser summon (don't know names) will be cut, but I think they will stay.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Guys I think the 3DS can handle Midgar.

It has a lot of very busy stages, and Midgar only had one summon active at a time.
The very worst that will happen is, the water summon and laser summon (don't know names) will be cut, but I think they will stay.
The water summon is Leviathian, and the laser summon is Bahomut.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So I suppose the 3DS isn't getting the Midgard Stage then...
It should say on the Smashbros site Cloud and Midgar are listed with other DLC...just with TBA...

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

3DS is getting Midgar; even the DLC page says so. If anything, 3DS may just get a really neat Battlefield/less summons.

Angel's Advocate? Those stages (Paper Mario and Tortimer's Island) are 3DS original stages and therefore they are not balanced against another version of the game. If you were to make the water act as a pit in "Pirate Ship" it would be fundamentally different across both versions and negate the intent of re-releasing the stage in the first place.
We've already seen discrepancies with stages like Boxing Ring and Guar Plains.

It's not out of the question to change things for either version.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Call it bandwagoning, but I think a Rythem Heaven character would be perfect for this (Doesn't need to be Chorus Kids either). A moveset where you can time your specials accordingly to a certian beat for stronger hits would be pretty cool. Add in some related moves from Rythem Heaven minigames and I think this could be an interesting character. The question is WHICH character would be fit this idea the best?

Even then, I still think a Rythem Heaven stage would be nice to see. Kinda surprised one didn't appear (I'm not sure if there was data within the game suggesting one was planned however, ala the Dr. Mario stage).
As long a you have options for the speed, this could work.
Without options for the Rhythm, the attacks become very predictable.
Perhaps all attacks could be delivered in 3 time signatures, and it is only last frame that the character has a tell. It would make for a unique character, and contradict the predictability.
Or, just the faster you hit it, if the rhythm is there, the faster the move. This just seems too much like Ryu.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Do we even have representation from the Coliseum games?

I feel like Mt battle could have been a fun stage but as far as I know we have nothing from those games. Which is unfortunate because they were awesome. (Totally not biased towards double battles)
The Smash games in general never really acknowledge the Pokémon spinoffs for some reason. The most we've gotten is a few trophies like that Zero-One trophy in Melee to rep Pokémon Snap.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The Smash games in general never really acknowledge the Pokémon spinoffs for some reason. The most we've gotten is a few trophies like that Zero-One trophy in Melee to rep Pokémon Snap.
Pokemon Snap- the biggest disappointment in the Wii U launch.
And follow through.

I mean really, Nintendo, it's the saddest decision you've made, to have a handheld camera as a gimmick for a new system, and then not have the quintessential camera game made from it.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
The distinction you are not making is dlc compared to the main game. The main game can have niche characters included because people are buying the game not that character. Dlc characters have to sell on their own merits and Geno does not have enough merits to make it worth there time to make him. He's not an icon which is important for a third party character
Wait. Does this apply to first party characters as well, or not? Lucas and Roy are about as niche as you can get, but they are first parties. Also, are Pokémon first party characters?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Wait. Does this apply to first party characters as well, or not? Lucas and Roy are about as niche as you can get, but they are first parties. Also, are Pokémon first party characters?
Lucas and Roy are also veteran characters, meaning they're much less of a gamble to sell as DLC, especially since they have fanbases already who wanted them.

Pokemon is an interesting thing, because Game Freak isn't technically a Nintendo company...but Pokemon is a Nintendo property, so they are first-party characters.

Morbi

Scavenger
Again, characters such as Lucas and Roy are not niche at all... In a Smash specific context. Secondly, veterans and newcomers are treated quite differently. As for Pokemon, I believe they are second party as they are technically owned by GameFreak... or the Pokemon Company. I cannot recall.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Lucas and Roy are not niche in Japan.

The store down the road from me sells MOTHER 2 capsules, and Fire Emblem Fates sold just as well as Smash AFAIK.

Also Lucas and Roy were heavily requested before they was announced.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Lucas and Roy are also veteran characters, meaning they're much less of a gamble to sell as DLC, especially since they have fanbases already who wanted them.

Pokemon is an interesting thing, because Game Freak isn't technically a Nintendo company...but Pokemon is a Nintendo property, so they are first-party characters.
Again, characters such as Lucas and Roy are not niche at all... In a Smash specific context. Secondly, veterans and newcomers are treated quite differently. As for Pokemon, I believe they are second party as they are technically owned by GameFreak... or the Pokemon Company. I cannot recall.
Lucas and Roy are not niche in Japan.

The store down the road from me sells MOTHER 2 capsules, and Fire Emblem Fates sold just as well as Smash AFAIK.

Also Lucas and Roy were heavily requested before they was announced.
Oh. Alright. Thanks for clearing that up.

SwordOfSeals

Smash Cadet
I never thought I'd find a subject of debate more monotonous and futile than the Ridley shadow theories.

Talking about Geno somehow manages to be a thousand times worse. It's the exact same tired points repeated by the exact same guy over and over and over again. It doesn't matter how many times they get shot down, they just repeat the same crap again.

"blah blah blah SMRPG is important blah blah blah I want Geno and so do some other people blah blah blah he could represent Mario RPGs as a whole blah blah blah there's other niche/irrelevant characters in Smash blah blah blah"

That's a very unrealistic amount of content.

The trophies, especially. Keep in mind that Ryu, who is the best basis for comparison on what Cloud (and any other potential third party DLC characters) will be getting, only got one other trophy related to his series outside of his fighter ones (Ken).

He was popular. Back during the Brawl speculation days, he was unquestionably one of the most wanted characters among the Smash community.

Nowadays though? His fanbase has taken one of the biggest nosedives of any popular Brawl pick. His support is hardly noteworthy anymore.
I do agree on the trophies and the amount of Mii costumes being a little unrealistic this is kinda what I would dream to be in the game lol, because I was debating whether to add a lot of final fantasy VII content in my prediction. But I do not agree on it being "very unrealistic" because your not really in the position to really say that as we been proved many times things are never impossible though it is your opinion. But in terms of Stage music and potential Mii costumes I put in the prediction it seemed the most unique and fitting. Yes I do believe the "amount" of content I put in my prediction was a essesive, but hey I'm not Sakurai, but it would be cool if he went out with bang like that to almost plz everyone IMO. But what do you think of the overall prediction precise the amount of content I added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom