• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Im not going to talk about music dlc because the last time i made a slightly large music post im pretty sure everyone ignored it >_>

I will however repost one of my opinions on menu music. I feel it is to limited

So am I the only one a little dissapointed by the menu music selection? the actual songs are great but we only have smash menu songs.

When there are other menu songs to choose from from other series it's a little dissapointing they aren't there.
I would never let the menus play anything but this for instance
And there are plenty of other options from other games that do or do not come from menus

TLDR. We need menu themes from non-smash games to play during menus
I've always wanted some Soulcalibur menu music in Smash Bros. That is the stuff of LEGENDS.
EX.
**** yes.

EDIT: I accidentally listed to this song loop like six times while grabbing this link to this video.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Any particular reason you feel that way? I would think it would be easier to use Sonic as a base for Tails without screwing up the character, Knuckles has tools like digging and gliding that would take more time to implement, plus I've always seen Tails as the official sidekick of the franchise.

(Also, I hope this is my last point on Geno but being "one of the most popular forgotten Mario character" is really, really weak argument. Does not being remembered now in and of itself constitute a reason to add them?)
Really I'd prefer Tails over Knuckles, but I feel Knuckles is a more wanted/expected character. Whenever I mention Tails in Smash most people follow up with "What would he do?" Whereas with Knux they already have an idea. So I guess it's not so much Knuckles having a better chance, but being the more expected character among fans.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Really I'd prefer Tails over Knuckles, but I feel Knuckles is a more wanted/expected character. Whenever I mention Tails in Smash most people follow up with "What would he do?" Whereas with Knux they already have an idea. So I guess it's not so much Knuckles having a better chance, but being the more expected character among fans.
> what would Tails do

There is like an extensive library of games featuring Tails doing things.
He'd make an easy Sonic semi-clone, but he could be a lot than that.

He's got giant mechs and laser guns, flight, tail attacks, etc.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
Holy **** you cannot make arguments at all. You called Japan's most requested character an echo chamber full of niche. Geno isn't popular, and my patience with you is done, I'm going to go full Hideki Kamiya now
Your patience? Lmao, ok, you are obviously a pathological liar if you think Palutena was a most requested character anywhere in the world. Kid Icarus: Uprising sold a whopping .36 million units in Japan, that's not even a drop in the bucket, it's NOTHING. No one in Japan even cares about Palutena, except, oh I don't know, vocal minorities and echo chambers who influence silly magazine polls? Get over yourself

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Congrats, you just ruled out every single possible newcomer that isn't a Pokemon or a Mario character. The people who wanted Palutena, Robin and Shulk? Echo chambers, characters from niche games with barely any notability and recognition to the mainstream. The reality is that the only Nintendo newcomers left to add come from the C List of Nintendo All Stars, like Bandana Dee. So you have no point by acting like a broken record by repeating over and over about echo chambers and Geno. Geno was popular, he was highly requested amongst fans, stop trying to diminish these facts, he has been a topic of discussion for 20 YEARS
First party characters added on to the main roster =/= Third Party DLC character
DLC has to sell on it's own, you need to consider the wider audience. With the main roster you get a load of other modes shipped with it. You can pander more to the echo chambers there.

If popular means "Has delved deep into the pits of Tartarus after Brawl" then yes, Geno is "popular." The term you're looking for is "was" not "is." The majority of people that wanted him in Brawl have since moved on with their lives. Support is but a mere husk of it's former self.

That 20 years of discussion sure did him some good right? Oh wait. It's just made him and his fans the butt of many jokes in the Online Smash community.

predator_21476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
predator_21476
Congrats, you just ruled out every single possible newcomer that isn't a Pokemon or a Mario character. The people who wanted Palutena, Robin and Shulk? Echo chambers, characters from niche games with barely any notability and recognition to the mainstream. The reality is that the only Nintendo newcomers left to add come from the C List of Nintendo All Stars, like Bandana Dee. So you have no point by acting like a broken record by repeating over and over about echo chambers and Geno. Geno is popular, he is highly requested amongst fans, stop trying to diminish these facts, he has been a topic of discussion for 20 YEARS
The distinction you are not making is dlc compared to the main game. The main game can have niche characters included because people are buying the game not that character. Dlc characters have to sell on their own merits and Geno does not have enough merits to make it worth there time to make him. He's not an icon which is important for a third party character

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If there was non-smash Menu music...then I would only ever have Zelda & Kid Icarus ones.
A Distant Demon A Distant Demon already posted the glorious KI U Viridi Menu theme, so for Zelda something like Windwakers or Twilight Princess' title themes would be godly as well.

- -
edit:
I am actually ignoring anything to do with Geno for the rest of my life from this post on. I'm too tired of Geno.
/rant

Carry on.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
> what would Tails do

There is like an extensive library of games featuring Tails doing things.
He'd make an easy Sonic semi-clone, but he could be a lot than that.

He's got giant mechs and laser guns, flight, tail attacks, etc.
Which is why I'd love him in Smash. But alas, people think Knux is the better choice, which I can't blame them Knux is cool and I wouldn't mind adding him, I just feel Tails is more interesting.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I was wondering. If newcomer series were to get Smash Run enemies, who would be for Streetfighter??
Having a bunch of Chun Lee's or M. Bison's or Kens or whoever running around would be weird.

Only thing I can think of is have the break the car minigame appear in some of those doors you can enter but that's not an enemy...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Which is why I'd love him in Smash. But alas, people think Knux is the better choice, which I can't blame them Knux is cool and I wouldn't mind adding him, I just feel Tails is more interesting.
I don't really think I have seen anyone say that.
I for think Tails is a waaaay better choice.

Tails is an important, almost symbolic character for the Sonic series. Having Knuckles over him would be really lame and odd.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
By the by, if anyone here genuinely wants Geno, don't pretend like he's actually possible, only then can I respect you. And everyone wants the RNGoddess' respect, right? If not, get crit skrb
You know who'd be a perfect fit? M. Bison.
I'd personally rather have Chun Li, she's also one of gamings most iconic women. Granted, gender means nothing, but I prefer kicking things than Psycho Crusher

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I was wondering. If newcomer series were to get Smash Run enemies, who would be for Streetfighter??
Having a bunch of Chun Lee's or M. Bison's or Kens or whoever running around would be weird.

Only thing I can think of is have the break the car minigame appear in some of those doors you can enter but that's not an enemy...
Street Fighter could be unique in that aspect then. It's better than nothing at all.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A decent amount of Knuckles' popularity comes from his memetic status, and the Sonic's NA team has also embraced it.

I'd take Eggman and Tails before him though.

:231:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As it's been said, there's a big difference between adding a lesser-known Nintendo-owned character in the base game, and releasing a virtually unknown irrelevant third party character as DLC.

DLC has to stand on its own and sell. With the base game, more risks can be taken, so to speak, because the game itself is guaranteed to sell. DLC is not. You can't compare Geno's situation to that of, say, Palutena or Shulk.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
As it's been said, there's a big difference between adding a lesser-known Nintendo-owned character in the base game, and releasing a virtually unknown irrelevant third party character as DLC.

DLC has to stand on its own and sell. With the base game, more risks can be taken, so to speak, because the game itself is guaranteed to sell. DLC is not. You can't compare Geno's situation to that of, say, Palutena or Shulk.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sakurai mention Geno being a peculiar request or something like that back in the brawl days? In comparison to Shulk and Palutena, who Sakurai claimed had very high demand, being called 'peculiar' isn't exactly a good thing

I feel like having a bunch of Dan Hibikis running around would make sense because Dan

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sakurai mention Geno being a peculiar request or something like that back in the brawl days? In comparison to Shulk and Palutena, who Sakurai claimed had very high demand, being called 'peculiar' isn't exactly a good thing
I don't remember him ever mentioning Geno actually.

Then again I'm not sure if something just recently came to light, so who knows?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't remember Sakurai ever having said anything about Geno.

Or someone would have mentioned it in the so many pages of arguments.

:231:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't remember him ever mentioning Geno actually.

Then again I'm not sure if something just recently came to light, so who knows?
In that case Sakurai never mentioned him. Someone lied to me and is gonna die :evil:
I feel like having a bunch of Dan Hibikis running around would make sense because Dan
Dan Hibiki would be the next true mind ****ing DLC character, as he's an absolute joke

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman

Is Geno possible? Yes. Is Geno highly likely for DLC? No. Are the users of this forum doing their best to ridicule and downplay his popularity because (much like Ridley, K Rool and Waluigi) threatens some other character from appearing? Definitely

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
By the by, if anyone here genuinely wants Geno, don't pretend like he's actually possible, only then can I respect you. And everyone wants the RNGoddess' respect, right? If not, get crit skrb

I'd personally rather have Chun Li, she's also one of gamings most iconic women. Granted, gender means nothing, but I prefer kicking things than Psycho Crusher
Bison kicks things. Three of his most famous moves are Head Stomp, the stupid sliding move that everyone spams and Scissor Kick.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I feel like Geno discussion should temporarily be officially discontinued. This is like the 3rd wave of infractions and after an entire day there isnt much more to say. . .

EDIT i have worse timing than i thought.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Bison kicks things. Three of his most famous moves are Head Stomp, the stupid sliding move that everyone spams and Scissor Kick.
Yeah, but those are scrub tier kicks unlike Chunners
You just HAD to spoil the surprise, huh? :glare:
If it was genuine I'd laugh my arse off. I may think Geno's already rotting away in the Void because Exdeath was pissed, but I don't like misinformation being spread

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I feel like Geno discussion should temporarily be officially discontinued. This is like the 3rd wave of infractions and after an entire day there isnt much more to say. . .
There should be auto-warnings every time someone posts the word "Geno"

After all, we all know that it'll just happen again if someone does...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Let's change the subject for now.

Stages. Name three 3DS stages you'd like to see be on the Wii U, and vice versa. That's a decent change of pace.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Yeah, but those are scrub tier kicks unlike Chunners
Not really. Double Knee Press is pretty damn good, and do I even need to bring up the slide? Hell, Knee Press Nightmare is both of them in one move. Doesn't get anymore God-tier than that.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Stages. Name three 3DS stages you'd like to see be on the Wii U, and vice versa. That's a decent change of pace.
3DS -> Wii U
  • Gerudo Valley
  • Corneria
  • Magicant
  • Mute City
  • WarioWare, Inc.
  • Reset Bomb Forest
  • Balloon Fight
  • Pac-Maze
I know what you're gonna say. "That's 8 stages, not three!"
Well, I just like 3DS stages a lot and want to see them on Wii U :lol:

Wii U -> 3DS
  • Smashville
  • That Animal Crossing stage from Brawl
  • Duck H- Oh wait! :lol:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

3ds -> Wii U = Arena Ferox, Reset Bomb Forest, Mute City
Wii U -> 3ds = Pilotwings, Gamer, Kalos Pokemon League

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Not really. Double Knee Press is pretty damn good, and do I even need to bring up the slide? Hell, Knee Press Nightmare is both of them in one move. Doesn't get anymore God-tier than that.
...I simply prefer Chun Li and I personally think Chun Li is the best character in fiction when it comes to kicking things. Considering my love for KR, that's quite the feet...Er, feat

Magicant, Pac-Maze and Pictochat 2. I miss the Pictochat stage in Brawl

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

I'd personally like to see Lumiose City, Corneria, and Gerudo Valley for the Wii U, and for the 3DS I'd like Town&City ,Smashville, and Wuhu Island.

3ds to wii u
Reset bomb forest
Magicant
Yoshis island

Pac maze and mute city are super tempting though
Wii u to 3ds
Smashville (legal bois)
Town and city
Duck hu-OH WAIT
Skyloft

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As for me,

3DS>Wii U

- Arena Ferox
- Pac-Maze
- Magicant

Prism Tower gets honorable mention.

Wii U>3DS

- Smashville
- Pac-Land
- Pilotwings

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
...I simply prefer Chun Li and I personally think Chun Li is the best character in fiction when it comes to kicking things. Considering my love for KR, that's quite the feet...Er, feat
But Chun-Li doesn't kick with her arms crossed...
And what about Sagat? He doesn't kick, but he'd be good, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom