• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I understand Cloud broke a couple of barriers
Cloud broke no limits, however.

He actually follows all the criteria Sakurai has set for third-parties.

The reason we think he broke limits that didn't even exist in the first place is because NO ONE expected him in Smash.

Why did no one expect him?

Well, there's the whole "he's on PlayStation" thing, but it's also the fact that we thought third-parties had to be close to Nintendo in some way (despite Ryu already being evidence of how flawed that mindset was).

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Y'know what, what you can do, I can do as well:

Perry the Bloody Parasol should be a character in Smash Bros.

Perry the Parasol is the chance to represent the pinnacle of the Mario series that is Super Princess Peach.
Since Peach can't represent this game because she's actually a recurring character, we need Perry the Bloody Parasol to represent the game.

As for Fire Emblem, Azura is the only choice.
Unless Anna gets an Archer moveset.

Then Anna is the only choice,

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Cloud broke no limits, however.

He actually follows all the criteria Sakurai has set for third-parties.

The reason we think he broke limits that didn't even exist in the first place is because NO ONE expected him in Smash.

Why did no one expect him?

Well, there's the whole "he's on PlayStation" thing, but it's also the fact that we thought third-parties had to be close to Nintendo in some way (despite Ryu already being evidence of how flawed that mindset was).
Ryu is sorta close to good ol' Ninty. The later installments of Street Fighter may not come to Nintendo, but you have Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Project X Zone and it's sequel, and there's Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, along with whatever games were re-released for download (if any, I'm not actually sure). We may not associate Ryu with Nintendo, but he's there, in the back corner, holding a cup of water.

I personally enjoy the idea of Knuckles being in Smash, granted I'd prefer Tails, but I feel Knux has a better chance.

Argos

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I wish that we'd talk about more one-off side characters from decades old games rather than just keep bringing up Geno. Sure, Agahnim, for example, stands no chance, but it would still be fun to discuss him, think over what his moveset would be and his and his game's place in Nintendo's history. But we keep getting dragged down into circular ten-page slap-fights (something I'm not innocent of either).

(Plus A Link to the Past is clearly more important than Super Mario RPG, but that's neither here nor there)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The following characters may make some money: Geno, Optimus Prime, Goku, Ronald McDonald, James Bond, guy from One Piece, Batman, Superman, Captain freaking Planet. All that said...
I want to address something regarding sales.

There are sales of immediacy, and there are sales on longevity. The latter is the sign of a brand, and the former, a product.
Nintendo is a brand, and the DLC are products of the brand. The hope is that by improving immediate sales, the longevity of sales for the brand as a whole will increase. This does not always happen, as quality is the main point of the brand, and quantity is the main point of a product.

If Nintendo only cared about a single product, we would have 200 costumes for SSB, each, for a dollar (I'm looking at you, boy of sack), and make bank to those who wanted each. If Nintendo only cared about a single product, the DLC characters would be Bayonetta, Lara Croft, and Ivy from Soul Calibur.

If Nintendo were not concerned with the longevity of their reputation, we would not have seen as elaborate of DLC as we have- Super Luigi U was an entire game in itself. Mario Kart 8 offered a 50% boost to the game, with characters and courses seen to be better than the base game itself. Nintendo has enough money to not worry about the 40k a single character may have over another- they care about sustaining their brand. This means backing long term support of fans, not just quick sales.
We can bicker about how they may achieve this, but not about the notion that an immediate sale is not the goal of the company. That is factually and comprehensibly incorrect, and any time sales are brought into the spectrum, we must reappropriate this notion into the end-goal.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Honestly, I wish that we'd talk about more one-off side characters from decades old games rather than just keep bringing up Geno. Sure, Agahnim, for example, stands no chance, but it would still be fun to discuss him, think over what his moveset would be and his and his game's place in Nintendo's history. But we keep getting dragged down into circular ten-page slap-fights (something I'm not innocent of either).

(Plus A Link to the Past is clearly more important than Super Mario RPG, but that's neither here nor there)
What about a one-off character from a decade old game that is actually pretty dam relevant right now and is going to be featured in two (possibly three, fingers crossed) games coming out next year and is now featured on an upcoming amiibo as well...

I feel like there is some decent moveset potential from Satan/Super Satan

:troll:
(For the record his name is Orcos and yes this is KI OM&M)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What about a one-off character from a decade old game that is actually pretty dam relevant right now and is going to be featured in two (possibly three, fingers crossed) games coming out next year and is now featured on an upcoming amiibo as well...

Preach it.
Also, I am going to reinstate that this might be one of the most popular first-party Nintendo characters not yet playable.
Like, maybe top 5.

If you don't count Pokemon at least.

Y'know what, what you can do, I can do as well:

Perry the Bloody Parasol should be a character in Smash Bros.

Perry the Parasol is the chance to represent the pinnacle of the Mario series that is Super Princess Peach.
Since Peach can't represent this game because she's actually a recurring character, we need Perry the Bloody Parasol to represent the game.

As for Fire Emblem, Azura is the only choice.

Perry could just be Peach's Up B.

Also, Anna's default class in Fire Emblem Fates is bows-only. So it would actually sense for her to have an archer moveset. :)

Argos

Smash Apprentice

In terms of impossible 3D Zelda supporting characters I'm a Skull Kid man all the way, but Midna has retained her popularity a lot more than I would have expected. Had assumed it would all fade away once Skyward Sword was out.

I was gone for a couple of hours... and this thread has gained at least three new pages... and most of the new posts are part of an argument about a character that appeared in one game 20 years ago...

Wow.

Anyway, I don't want accidentally to drag the thread back into that argument, so here's a question:

During pre-SSB4, did you guys actually guess that a certain character would be revealed on a certain day?

Only one that I guessed was King Dedede. I also (kinda) got Diddy Kong right, but only after he wasn't revealed on the day of Tropical Freeze's Japanese release (which was my original prediction).

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Geno Boost Geno Boost

How does SMRPG represent Nintendo history in any way?

All I see is the fact that Ninty and Squeenie made a game together, which isn't worth a Smash slot, if you ask me.

Mii Costume? Maybe.

Character slot? I heavily doubt it.

Of course, Geno would be a really fun character, but unless Nintendo buys him back, I doubt that it'd happen. At least not in Smash 4.
SMRPG was the reason why both mario paper and mario & luigi RPGs seires exist and the game was made when square and nintendo teamed up for the first time and they freinds now, also SMRPG has released alot of toys wich means Nintendo did care about that game outside of video game community, it deserve to get an original character from that game in smash, i can say more but it will take a wall of text so this is just a small explanation because i dont have alot of time, having mii costume would be fine but i rather see a forgotten character who gets revived in the best way.

they could add him anytime since square-enix has opened the door so they dont need to buy him (i prefer them buying the SMRPG characters to fix all the problem of those characters being obscure).
Then just add Black Mage who has appeared in more Mario games then Geno.
We are already have Cloud who takes the whole final fantasy franchise, i really would prefer having Black mage over Cloud because of his Nintendo history, also Geno had 3 appearence in Mario franchise (it does counts MLSSS and Super Mario-kun) so this is more than Black mage.
The history you mention is a very minuscule one. SMPRG is just one game among the plenty of critically acclaimed Mario games, and one that isn't remembered all that much, unfortunately.

Think of a person who got into gaming in the Wii era, which arguably make up a large portion of the current Nintendo fans. Will he recognise Geno? Most likely not.

Will he recognise Cloud? There's a pretty good chance he will - Square Enix has made sure to promote him, there's a remake on the horizon and his game was a killer app. Same for others.

For the sake of argument, let's say Geno doesn't need to be of the level of Sonic or Pac-Man, as he originated in a Mario game. Being a Mario character, he should be able to attract a good number of Mario fans, right? Except that most won't recognise him (again). Your average Mario gamer will readily recognise Rosalina, Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. though, as Nintendo promotes them and they continue to play important roles in current Mario games.

Like it or not, Geno's appeal is rather limited - he will only attract people who have played SMRPG, and they form a very small subset of the current Mario fanbase, and mostly older gamers, who will likely move on from gaming in a few years.

:231:
it doesnt matter the number of games, SMRPG is remembered alot just like eathbound and chrono trigger and it has a huge fanbase.

Yes he could because SMRPG was in the wii VC console plus Geno was big in the internet at that time especially in the brawl days so Nintendo fans from that genenration are still able to recognise him (but mostly from the internet side).

He is one of the most popular forgotten Mario character there is alot of people that would recognize him (from the internet) also the popularity doesnt matter since we get some unpopular characters in smash, plus if Geno was added into smash he may come back in Mario games and make him bigger character, because having him in smash would bring some attention and interest for Nintendo to use him in more Mario games.

There is more than 2.8 million who played SMRPG so this is a huge number, SMRPG has huge fanbase and it continues to grow we have 2 goals just like the King k. rool fans:
Step 1: get him in smash.
Step 2: get him back in mario games.

I was gone for a couple of hours... and this thread has gained at least three new pages... and most of the new posts are part of an argument about a character that appeared in one game 20 years ago...

Wow.

Anyway, I don't want accidentally to drag the thread back into that argument, so here's a question:

During pre-SSB4, did you guys actually guess that a certain character would be revealed on a certain day?

Only one that I guessed was King Dedede. I also (kinda) got Diddy Kong right, but only after he wasn't revealed on the day of Tropical Freeze's Japanese release (which was my original prediction).
I guessed Shulk would be revealed for the Japan only direct. Admittedly it was not out of logic but out of luck. I also assumed Duck Hunt would be announced behind closed doors in NA at the same time so my theory was wrong even if a part was right :/

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If Sakurai is going to get Nintendo into a binding contract to add a character from another company, he better ****ing pick good ones. Characters that have gaming history to them, or are in fact notable include:
Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
Master Chief (Halo)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
Heihachi (Tekken)
Spyro
Crash Bandicoot
Marcus Fenix (Gears of War)

There are others, but not only does the character present something unique, but the series THEMSELVES represent gaming history.

MGS-Stealth genre and cinematic narrative
Halo-modern pinnacle of FPS, which has completely taken off
God of War- hack and slash, story of epic proportions
Gears of War- pinnacle of 3rd person shooters (arguable)
Uncharted and Tomb Raider- Top of the adventure/puzzle solving class
Spyro and Crash- platforming
Tekken - 3D arena for a fighter, same with Soul Caliber

It's not just a character, but a series. Indie's don't have that really, Geno doesn't have that, MANY 3rd parties don't have that.

As interesting as Chief or Kratos would be in Smash, I doubt they'll happen because they're owned by competing companies. That said...

I'd actually be pretty interested in Lara Croft.

Argos

Smash Apprentice
Ryu is sorta close to good ol' Ninty. The later installments of Street Fighter may not come to Nintendo, but you have Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Project X Zone and it's sequel, and there's Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, along with whatever games were re-released for download (if any, I'm not actually sure). We may not associate Ryu with Nintendo, but he's there, in the back corner, holding a cup of water.

I personally enjoy the idea of Knuckles being in Smash, granted I'd prefer Tails, but I feel Knux has a better chance.
Any particular reason you feel that way? I would think it would be easier to use Sonic as a base for Tails without screwing up the character, Knuckles has tools like digging and gliding that would take more time to implement, plus I've always seen Tails as the official sidekick of the franchise.

(Also, I hope this is my last point on Geno but being "one of the most popular forgotten Mario character" is really, really weak argument. Does not being remembered now in and of itself constitute a reason to add them?)

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
It's not impossible, no.

But some things are just so unlikely that they can reasonably be written off as such.

You can deny it all you want, but there are numerous barriers blocking his entry. The chance of him getting picked for the game in spite of them all is not good. At all. "But Geno could represent (insert nonsensical theme here)!" doesn't change a thing.

Nope, he's as likely as every other character.

Assuming "every other character" are third party owned characters from a series that already has the most reps of any series and still has multiple other potential candidates who are more recognizable.

The only other characters I can think of that are comparable to Geno in terms of barriers blocking their entry are the CD-I Zelda characters. That probably seems like a joke comparison or me just being a jerk, but if you really think about it, it's actually true.
Nice try, but Geno is still popular after 20 years from that one minor appearance, not many other characters who have that honor, and Smash is for the fans

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
SMRPG was the reason why both mario paper and mario & luigi RPGs seires exist
Sure, he's the reason behind Paper Mario (the first one was, in fact, supposed to be SMRPG2), but how is that relevant in gaming as a whole?

SMRPG has done nothing that could make it iconic in 2015. The 90s? Sure, it was a thing then, but now, it's basically a fossil.

Plus, it's just a Mario version of Final Fantasy, which makes sense, since Squeenix and Nintendo made this game together, but it offers no gaming history...

and the game was made when square and nintendo teamed up for the first time and they freinds now,
Yes, they may be buddies now, but a few years ago, Nintendo straight up hated them and didn't want to be involved with them anymore.

Why? Final Fantasy 7 being PlayStation-exclusive, of course!

So, basically, Cloud isn't just some random addition, he's basically both companies' way of burying the hatchet.

Plus, he's a huge icon in the RPG genre, so adding him is the equivalent of hitting two Chocobos with one Blade Beam.

also SMRPG has released alot of toys wich means Nintendo did care about that game outside of video game community,
It's a Mario game! Of course, they'd advertise it everywhere!

they could add him anytime since square-enix has opened the door so they dont need to buy him (i prefer them buying the SMRPG characters to fix all the problem of those characters being obscure).
Square may have opened the door, but that doesn't mean Sakurai wants to go through said door...

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I would have never guessed before that Geno would be one of the most controversial figures in Smash Bros. Defiantly not as controversial as a certain purple dragon but pretty controversial to say the least.

In other news, i'm pretty bummed that we didn't get the announcement of the December Presentation today. I was hoping that we would get the announcement today and that we would get the presentation on December 6th. That either means that the presentation will be happening on the 13th or the 20th or we're going to get lucky and the presentation will end up being on the 3rd.

The only problem I have with the 3rd is that i'm going to be at College when that happens. Kinda awkward watching Directs in the library with a bunch of people going about and being pretty loud. Not only that but the Wi-Fi for viewing live streams is absolutely garbage (lags like crazy) without having to set the quality to the lowest one possible where it's almost like watching pixels. I might just get frustrated and have to watch the Presentation when I get back home because of that and it's not as hype when you don't watch the Presentation live.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It's quite literally not possible to argue Geno is on par with the likes of Cloud and the others. I like Geno and think he'd be fun in Smash. However, to separate my liking to Geno and the ACTUALITY of the situation, he is most certainly not up to par with who we have. He simply isn't.

The argument isn't that Geno is a good character. The argument is that he doesn't stack up with genre defining characters like Sonic, Ryu or Cloud. He simply doesn't, and I've yet to see a convincing argument otherwise.

Clearly, this argument is going nowhere...i'd still be open to discussion about Lara Croft.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
it doesnt matter the number of games, SMRPG is remembered alot just like eathbound and chrono trigger and it has a huge fanbase.

Yes he could because SMRPG was in the wii VC console plus Geno was big in the internet at that time especially in the brawl days so Nintendo fans from that genenration are still able to recognise him (but mostly from the internet side).
Geno was big, and mostly on the internet forums, yeah. We're not the majority of the Nintendo fans, you know that? And how many Brawl era Geno fans are still around and actively supporting him, may I ask?

As for your comparison, EarthBound and Chrono Trigger are still promoted more than SMRPG. Nintendo made a huge deal of EarthBound coming to the Wii U VC, and Square Enix was selling Chrono Trigger DS for $6 on Black Friday, just last week. SMRPG isn't even on the Wii U VC outside Japan.

He is one of the most popular forgotten Mario character there is alot of people that would recognize him (from the internet) also the popularity doesnt matter since we get some unpopular characters in smash, plus if Geno was added into smash he may come back in Mario games and make him bigger character, because having him in smash would bring some attention and interest for Nintendo to use him in more Mario games.
Again, was.
Name an unpopular character who has been added as a DLC, in any game. You won't find them - DLC sells on mass appeal, which Geno lacks.

There is more than 2.8 million who played SMRPG so this is a huge number, SMRPG has huge fanbase and it continues to grow we have 2 goals just like the King k. rool fans:
Step 1: get him in smash.
Step 2: get him back in mario games.
Chrono Trigger sold 5.3 million units (source, scroll down). So, shouldn't that make Chrono just as deserving, if not more, than Geno?

SMRPG never had a 'huge' fanbase. Being released very late into SNES's lifespan, with Super Mario 64 dropping in just four months later, it couldn't develop one. It gained a following from Geno's rise during pre-Brawl, but after Brawl released with (big surprise) no Geno and not even a mention of SMRPG (outside the chronicles, I suppose), most of the fanbase simply crumbled.

Geno's popularity during Smash 4's speculation era has been lukewarm at best. Nintendo and Sqaure's attitudes towards him just drive in the point that they've simply forgotten him and see no merit in reviving him.

And I haven't even touched on the point that Mario has enough characters in the game already.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Clearly, this argument is going nowhere...i'd still be open to discussion about Lara Croft.
Definitely one of the third party characters I'd LOVE to see (the others being Snake's return, Crash, and Maxwell). Hugely important and iconic, and has had quite a few games on Nintendo systems to boot. The dual pistols would probably be an issue sadly, seeing as how they're so tied to her character. I mean yeah, she's got other awesome stuff like the climbing axe, her bow and various arrow types, and could use close quarter combat and acrobatic kicks and jumps, but the pistols are almost as much of characters as she is.

I don't really find any more third parties likely for this go-around, but I'd love to get Lara in Smash.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, unless you count Smash, I guess Roy could be one of them, but he already had veteran status...
Roy had mass appeal. Besides Melee, he was also a DLC character in Awakening, and there were map packs pitting him and Ike (which were named 'Smash Brethren')

Both Melee and Awakening were top sellers, and Roy had strong support in Japan, to boot.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Certainly.
One of the most influential video game icons not present in Super Smash Bros.
Has plenty of experience on Nintendo.

Her biggest issues are her most iconic weapon being dual pistols, and not being particularly requested.

OK, so I'm going to randomly throw together a list of iconic characters that I think are feasible for Smash Bros.:

- Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
- Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
- Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
- Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
- Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
- Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, I AM a Sagittarius...

You know what'd be nice? DLC tracks. Granted, they're most likely never happening, but imagine getting about, 10 new, unremixed tracks for a single dollar. I'd like that. It'd also correct Sakurai's biggest mistake ever. YOU CAN'T SAY IT'S STREET FIGHTER WITHOUT GUILE'S THEME! YOU CAN'T! Chun-Li's theme would be nice too

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Additionally, FE6 was one of the best selling FE games in the series history. Also responsible for reviving interest in the series at a time where it almost went under.

You know what'd be nice? DLC tracks. Granted, they're most likely never happening, but imagine getting about, 10 new, unremixed tracks for a single dollar. I'd like that. It'd also correct Sakurai's biggest mistake ever. YOU CAN'T SAY IT'S STREET FIGHTER WITHOUT GUILE'S THEME! YOU CAN'T! Chun-Li's theme would be nice too
I really want the Coin Launcher theme back from Brawl as a Menu theme. That theme was awesome

Also want the Multi Man Melee 1 theme back on the Battlefield stage

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
*looks at Source Gaming's article about third-parties*

HOLY ****! YOU'RE RIGHT!!!

All that Sakurai said was no manga characters (which includes Goku), but he didn't say a thing about non-video game characters...

But is it because he's letting those characters join or because he thinks it's too obvious to say "video game characters only"?
Oh so it doesn't necessarily need to be a video game character...
But requires a history with video games...

Hmm I'm beginning to think Hatsune Miku might be more probable, in my mind, than I once gave the character credit for.
Not that my opinion matters in the grand scheme of things, nor does it actually impact the real odds or chances of a character getting in.

But I can't help but wonder...

I know she originally began as an interactive voice software, but isn't a video game just that, an interactive software?
What defines a video game?

Furthermore, if the current trend of DLC is any indication (which it may very well not) they have all been the face of a genre, Ryu for fighting Cloud for JRPG, well isn't Miku the face of the Rhythm genre? Maybe she fits the bill?

If we are to believe Gematsu maybe at one point a Rhythm heaven character was going to be included, but held back for the face of the genre, being Miku.

Okay, i've gone too far now.

My tinfoil hat is gettin rusty.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Chrono Trigger sold 5.3 million units (source, scroll down). So, shouldn't that make Chrono just as deserving, if not more, than Geno?
You silly man.

Chrono ain't deserving to someone who wants Geno first, because who cares that Chrono Trigger was more notable, right?

It's what being a fan does to one. Especially being a tunnel-visioned fan.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Thracia didn't bomb THAT bad, not to mention I remember hearing Seisen no Keifu was popular. Awakening's more realistic as FE sold like **** for the past 4 games
FE4 sold great no doubt about it. FE5 on the other hand didn't for whatever reason and the series was in limbo before Melee and FE6.

Awakening was also responsible for reviving interest in the series though at a different point of time.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
FE4 sold great no doubt about it. FE5 on the other hand didn't for whatever reason and the series was in limbo before Melee and FE6.

Awakening was also responsible for reviving interest in the series though at a different point of time.
Thracia was late in the SNES lifespan iirc, so that's the problem. Not to mention a short hiatus isn't that bad
I really want the Coin Launcher theme back from Brawl as a Menu theme. That theme was awesome
shouddaquotedkappa
No. No Coin Launcher theme as a menu theme. Instead, we deserve Coin Launcher to come back as a whole

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

I never understood why we never got that theme in the menu.

It needs to be there and...maybe bring the mode back as G Launcher? :lol:

Also want the Multi Man Melee 1 theme back on the Battlefield stage

That would be perfect! I love that song! ♪

But it already has Multi-Man Melee 2, so I want it on FD :)

Last edited:

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
It's for all the fans. Not the little echo chambers all over the internet.
Congrats, you just ruled out every single possible newcomer that isn't a Pokemon or a Mario character. The people who wanted Palutena, Robin and Shulk? Echo chambers, characters from niche games with barely any notability and recognition to the mainstream. The reality is that the only Nintendo newcomers left to add come from the C List of Nintendo All Stars, like Bandana Dee. So you have no point by acting like a broken record by repeating over and over about echo chambers and Geno. Geno is popular, he is highly requested amongst fans, stop trying to diminish these facts, he has been a topic of discussion for 20 YEARS

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Thracia was late in the SNES lifespan iirc, so that's the problem. Not to mention a short hiatus isn't that bad

shouddaquotedkappa
No. No Coin Launcher theme as a menu theme. Instead, we deserve Coin Launcher to come back as a whole
I doubt they would bring it back though lol. I would be content if they just brought back the theme as a menu theme.
I never understood why we never got that theme in the menu.

It needs to be there and...maybe bring the mode back as G Launcher? :lol:

That would be perfect! I love that song! ♪

But it already has Multi-Man Melee 2, so I want it on FD :)
Wouldn't fit on FD IMO. It's a Battlefield track so naturally it should be on Battlefield. Pretty disappointed it wasn't in the vanilla game so here's hoping it makes it's way in to the game somehow.

Also love the intro part of the theme for some reason.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Wouldn't fit on FD IMO. It's a Battlefield track so naturally it should be on Battlefield. Pretty disappointed it wasn't in the vanilla game so here's hoping it makes it's way in to the game somehow.

Also love the intro part of the theme for some reason.
Multi-Man Melee 2 was a FD track and look where it is!

Plus, Multi-Man Melee 1 is a PERFECT fit on FD. Even more than the Battlefield we have in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Congrats, you just ruled out every single possible newcomer that isn't a Pokemon or a Mario character. The people who wanted Palutena, Robin and Shulk? Echo chambers, characters from niche games with barely any notability and recognition to the mainstream. The reality is that the only Nintendo newcomers left to add come from the C List of Nintendo All Stars, like Bandana Dee. So you have no point by acting like a broken record by repeating over and over about echo chambers and Geno. Geno is popular, he is highly requested amongst fans, stop trying to diminish these facts, he has been a topic of discussion for 20 YEARS
Holy **** you cannot make arguments at all. You called Japan's most requested character an echo chamber full of niche. Geno isn't popular, and my patience with you is done, I'm going to go full Hideki Kamiya now

Im not going to talk about music dlc because the last time i made a slightly large music post im pretty sure everyone ignored it >_>

I will however repost one of my opinions on menu music. I feel it is too limited

So am I the only one a little dissapointed by the menu music selection? the actual songs are great but we only have smash menu songs.

When there are other menu songs to choose from from other series it's a little dissapointing they aren't there.
I would never let the menus play anything but this for instance
And there are plenty of other options from other games that do or do not come from menus

TLDR. We need menu themes from non-smash games to play during menus

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Multi-Man Melee 2 was a FD track and look where it is!

Plus, Multi-Man Melee 1 is a PERFECT fit on FD. Even more than the Battlefield we have in Smash 4.
Well, IDK I guess.

Getting back those 2 themes are much more important than which stage they would play on lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom