• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Skytown
Dark Samus
Rundas....

Oh...wait not that MP3...my bad...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
1. Coin Launcher from Brawl
2. Multi Man Melee 1 from Melee
3. Otherworld from FFX on the Midgar stage because that would be hype AF.

Andyomon00

Smash Apprentice
NNID
andtomon00
3DS FC
0301-9874-0642
Final Boss(phase 2) - Splatoon

J-E-N-O-V-A - Final Fantasy 7

Battle! Lorekeeper Zinnia - Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Burruni

Smash Hero
1)
The song that should've been part of our 3rd Party DLC.

2)
The song that SHOULD be part of our 3rd Party DLC.

3)
Even if Inklings don't get in, I want this song.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
If you could get 3 songs in this game, what would it be?
This is a tough call, but if I had to narrow it down...

1) Battle! Champion Steven! (Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire)

2) Battle! Team Magma/Team Aqua Leader! (Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire)

3) Adventure's End (Mario and Luigi: Dream Team)

And because it was tough to narrow it down to three, here's my honorable mention: Moonstruck Blossom

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Damn, only three?
1.) M. Bison's theme from Super Street Fighter IV. That song is too hype to not be in this game.
2.) Rundas' battle theme from Metroid Prime 3. Rundas himself needs to be in, too.
3.) Either Miracle Matter's theme, The Strongest Knight in the Galaxy, or Revenge of the Enemy.

Honorable mention goes to Battle! Team Flare Boss from X and Y.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Lucas and Roy are not niche in Japan.

The store down the road from me sells MOTHER 2 capsules, and Fire Emblem Fates sold just as well as Smash AFAIK.

Also Lucas and Roy were heavily requested before they was announced.
Yes, they are. Fates hasn't even surpassed half a million, probably because they butchered the format. They were highly requested because they were Smash veterans. Their own games barely reached a million units, outside of the small gaming community, no one cares. Ask any Fire Emblem fan (a real one, like me), Roy is one of the worst lords ever. His popularity is solely from Smash

By the way, Mother 3 sold around .4million in Japan. If you think that's popular, there's not much else to say, but it's not. It's called a flop. Sakurai adds those characters to appeal to niche fans, it's because of him we see those characters. Anyone else would never touch them. It's a good thing, but don't make it anymore than what it is; good fortune

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yes, they are. Fates hasn't even surpassed half a million, probably because they butchered the format. They were highly requested because they were Smash veterans. Their own games barely reached a million units, outside of the small gaming community, no one cares. Ask any Fire Emblem fan (a real one, like me), Roy is one of the worst lords ever. His popularity is solely from Smash

By the way, Mother 3 sold around .4million in Japan. If you think that's popular, there's not much else to say, but it's not. It's called a flop. Sakurai adds those characters to appeal to niche fans, it's because of him we see those characters. Anyone else would never touch them. It's a good thing, but don't make it anymore than what it is; good fortune
Dude, just take your negativity somewhere else. As a Roy fan, i'm a fan of his Smash appearance along with his FE6 appearance regardless of whatever his stats are. I didn't even find him all that bad in the game contrary to what others say. I found him to be a great character and that's all that matters.

Lucas is still a very popular veteran fan with a huge fanbase. The logic of "if they weren't in Smash, no one would like them" is stupid because that can apply to so many different characters. Their in Smash whether you like it or not.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Dude, just take your negativity somewhere else. As a Roy fan, i'm a fan of his Smash appearance along with his FE6 appearance regardless of whatever his stats are. I didn't even find him all that bad in the game contrary to what others say. I found him to be a great character and that's all that matters.

Lucas is still a very popular veteran fan with a huge fanbase. The logic of "if they weren't in Smash, no one would like them" is stupid because that can apply to so many different characters. Their in Smash whether you like it or not.
Excuse me? I didn't mean hurt your feelings. Its reality. They are popular because of Smash Bros., that is the truth, and yes, it goes for many of the characters in the game

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
If you could get 3 songs in this game, what would it be?
This is pretty tough... Hmm...

FF2 - Battle Theme A

Zelda: Skyward Sword: Koloktos/Moldarach

Donkey Kong Country Returns - Fear Factory Returns

Burruni

Smash Hero

Fates hasn't surpassed half a million yet BECAUSE IT'S ONLY RELEASED IN JAPAN SO FAR and the third path hasn't happened yet.
Y'know how much Awakening sold in Japan? 0.52 mil, barely surpassing that threshold and behind heralded as an utter massive success for the series.
Give the game a bit of time but it's certainly going to sell well. And the format is far from butchered. FE2 is butchered.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Excuse me? I didn't mean hurt your feelings. Its reality. They are popular because of Smash Bros., that is the truth, and yes, it goes for many of the characters in the game
Why does it matter where they have there popularity from? Does that somehow make them inferior to other characters?

And what about :4falcon:&:4jigglypuff:?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It should be pointed out that if using sales as an argument, Fates sold around the same amount of physical copies as Awakening did in Japan, with the difference being the time it took to do so; hell, it's about to surpass Awakening's performance there, and in a much shorter time frame.

Awakening sold 455,268 copies in Japan during 2012, making it one of the year's bestsellers there. Between April 19th 2012 and February 4th 2013(JP and US release dates for Awakening), there's a little over 9 months. This is barring the amount of DLC sold in Japan.

Famitsu currently reports 456,274 copies of Fates sold between both versions, making it a Top 5 bestseller in Japan. This number is only bound to grow in the time frame when the Western versions of Fates are released in February, in about 2 months. And Fates itself has only been out for 5 months.

Apart from "butchered" being highly subjective to a fan, no, Fates is by no means a failure in Japan, neither was Awakening, and anyone who tries to impose that belief with the facts presented needs a reality check.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm sorry but...starting another argument when things have quieted down don't get defensive when someone calls you negative...let's all try to talk about things without starting another heated discussion....

What's past is past...what's done is done...don't worry be happy....

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Fates hasn't surpassed half a million yet BECAUSE IT'S ONLY RELEASED IN JAPAN SO FAR and the third path hasn't happened yet.
Y'know how much Awakening sold in Japan? 0.52 mil, barely surpassing that threshold and behind heralded as an utter massive success for the series.
Give the game a bit of time but it's certainly going to sell well. And the format is far from butchered. FE2 is butchered.
We were discussing Japan, not the other territories. Once it reaches North America, it will sell more, but it is highly unlikely to surpass 1.5 million units throughout its lifetime, and that is being generous. Even with three versions, it still can't beat half-a-mil in Japan, where the series is most popular. Have you forgotten that there was an entire Fire Emblem game released on DS that wasn't even localized in North America?

Why does it matter where they have there popularity from? Does that somehow make them inferior to other characters?

And what about :4falcon:&:4jigglypuff:?
Don't change the narrative. We were discussing their popularity based off of their source material, in which they were not exactly popular. Smash Bros. made them popular. Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff came from highly successful games before their inclusion in Smash Bros.

I'm sorry but...starting another argument when things have quieted down don't get defensive when someone calls you negative...let's all try to talk about things without starting another heated discussion....

What's past is past...what's done is done...don't worry be happy....
Don't pigeon hole me, I'm responding to a post in this thread, I'm not the one being defensive

This is an example of someone being defensive: "Dude, just take your negativity somewhere else. As a Roy fan, i'm a fan of his Smash appearance along with his FE6 appearance regardless of whatever his stats are"

It should be pointed out that if using sales as an argument, Fates sold around the same amount of physical copies as Awakening did in Japan, with the difference being the time it took to do so; hell, it's about to surpass Awakening's performance there, and in a much shorter time frame.

Awakening sold 455,268 copies in Japan during 2012, making it one of the year's bestsellers there. Between April 19th 2012 and February 4th 2013(JP and US release dates for Awakening), there's a little over 9 months. This is barring the amount of DLC sold in Japan.

Famitsu currently reports 456,274 copies of Fates sold between both versions, making it a Top 5 bestseller in Japan. This number is only bound to grow in the time frame when the Western versions of Fates are released in February, in about 2 months. And Fates itself has only been out for 5 months.

Apart from "butchered" being highly subjective to a fan, no, Fates is by no means a failure in Japan, neither was Awakening, and anyone who tries to impose that belief with the facts presented needs a reality check.
Fates has two versions, which means there is probably dual purchasing, much like Pokemon. I never said Fates was a failure, neither was Awakening. Awakening sits at 1.73 million units sold as of today, which is respectable, but nothing remarkable. We keep ignoring the fact that Nintendo was going to discontinue the series due to poor performance, which motivated the developers to make Awakening as top quality as possible, which they did, it was a great game. They aesthetics they chose and who they chose to cater to in order to increase its popularity is up for debate on another forum

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
We were discussing Japan, not the other territories. Once it reaches North America, it will sell more, but it is highly unlikely to surpass 1.5 million units throughout its lifetime, and that is being generous. Even with three versions, it still can't beat half-a-mil in Japan, where the series is most popular. Have you forgotten that there was an entire Fire Emblem game released on DS that wasn't even localized in North America?

Don't change the narrative. We were discussing their popularity based off of their source material, in which they were not exactly popular. Smash Bros. made them popular. Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff came from highly successful games before their inclusion in Smash Bros.

Don't pigeon hole me, I'm responding to a post in this thread, I'm not the one being defensive

This is an example of someone being defensive: "Dude, just take your negativity somewhere else. As a Roy fan, i'm a fan of his Smash appearance along with his FE6 appearance regardless of whatever his stats are"
There it is again...

Just gonna butt in and remind everyone the ignore function is a very useful feature especially if you don't like getting infractions.

Alternatively, never replying leaves them nothing to reply to and makes it impossible to continue the subject in the first place. aaaaand butting back out.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What? I don't even...

FE6 is one of the best selling FE games of all time in Japan and Mother 3 remains extremely popular to this day.

And no, :4jigglypuff:was hardly relevant in any PKMN game. Her popularity comes from the Anime and mostly Smash Bros. :4falcon:has the bulk of his popularity from Smash Bros despite being popular before that. Both characters are more associated with Smash Bros then they are to their respective games.

Just gonna butt in and remind everyone the ignore function is a very useful feature especially if you don't like getting infractions.

Alternatively, never replying leaves them nothing to reply to and makes it impossible to continue the subject in the first place. aaaaand butting back out.
I might just have to do this. This discussion isn't really going anywhere.

Last edited:

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
So it's almost December 1st when do you guys expect the smash Nintendo direct? Date predictions?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So it's almost December 1st when do you guys expect the smash Nintendo direct? Date predictions?
I was hoping for December 6th though it looks like that might not happen now due to no announcement happening today.

Hopefully it happens within the next 2 weeks.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
There it is again...
I'm going to ignore you because you just respond to my posts with these belittling and condescending replies

What? I don't even...

FE6 is one of the best selling FE games of all time in Japan and Mother 3 remains extremely popular to this day.

And no, :4jigglypuff:was hardly relevant in any PKMN game. Her popularity comes from the Anime and mostly Smash Bros. :4falcon:has the bulk of his popularity from Smash Bros despite being popular before that. Both characters are more associated with Smash Bros then they are to their respective games.

I might just have to do this. This discussion isn't really going anywhere.
Captain Falcon is associated with Smash Bros. now, but in the first Smash Bros., F-Zero was a super popular franchise. Jigglypuff was added due to her popularity in the anime, her continued appearance in Smash Bros. is obviously a tradition now.

This is just more proof of users on the forum ganging up on one user and acting condescending. All I did was reply to someones post about Roy and Lucas' popularity in Japan because I had a different opinion, then boom, twenty users kicking sand in my face

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Next week seems likely to me. Worth noting is that Smash U's year anniversary for Japan is this Sunday; probably means nothing but the presentation happening a day or so before or after that day wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst

Somehow, I think the guy you're responding to might know a little more about what's popular in Japan and what isn't than you do.

Don't ask how, it's just a hunch.

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
"All that we know is that we do not know"
-Einstein probably

:023:

We can argue how niche Roy and Lucas are, but it really doesn't matter. They're veterans and they are already in the game. We don't know how "popular" they are or how popular they would be if they were newcomers.

Also SuperNintendoDisney SuperNintendoDisney welcome to forums. If you say something a lot of people disagree with, a lot of people are going to respond to you. It's a discussion.

Don't make this about agenda or politics. Sure, Smashboards has a lot of common views. That's why you're getting flooded with contention, because they don't agree with you. (Also only 3 users here are directly disagreeing with your point)

The only reason Aetheri Aetheri called you out is because you said "sorry to hurt your feelings". This is called baiting, regardless of whether it's intentional or not. Not to mini-mod or anything, but we really don't need another Geno fiasco.

Troykv

Smash Master
And some times I wonder why I don't discuss things... And then I remember that my most wanted (and the only chatacter that I'm really interested) has that problem called sales that makes any argument invalid.

It's okay.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
And some times I wonder why I don't discuss things... And then I remember that my most wanted (and the only chatacter that I'm really interested) has that problem called sales that makes any argument invalid.

It's okay.
I mean, it didn't stop Ike. Any characters merits should be up for discussion, honestly.

I'd love to discuss the pros and cons of Micaiah, though I don't know if here is the place, so I'll wait!

Burruni

Smash Hero
Micaiah:

+ Pure Mage for Fire Emblem
+ Light Magic
?+ Mild popularity

- One of the biggest flops off the series.
- :4myfriends: covers her games
-:4feroy: already is FE DLC for this game.
- Fire Emblem is a series already in question of too much of expansion
- "Protags on the Month" will be more prioritized. Tiki and Anna are basically the only characters that stand on re-ocurrance.
- Mary Sue who causes a lot of arguments amongst the community. Worseso than :4feroy:.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
And that's a problem. If most SMRPG fans aren't in the Smash, that means he doesn't have much support to be in Smash. You might have better luck in getting him into Mario games.

Timing is crucial, you know. A VC release will at least give rise to a temporary round of support.

I was referring to the Smash fanbase. Geno isn't really popular among Smash fans any more.

Nintendo and Square Enix are out of touch with the fans because they've forgotten about Geno? Really now?

I'll have to ask you to explain this stance.

:231:
I can keep talking about this but I got a massage from a friend tells me that I should walk away from this Geno discussion.
So I will stop this Geno discussion right now.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
In my honest opinion, I think were good with FE characters for DLC. No offense to anyone that supports these characters for DLC.

Here's a question for y'all, what Nintendo series do you think has the best chance of getting another character as DLC? Both a veteran and a newcomer.

For me, I would say Star Fox for a veteran character (Wolf) and Donkey Kong for a newcomer (K. Rool)

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
In my honest opinion, I think were good with FE characters for DLC. No offense to anyone that supports these characters for DLC.

Here's a question for y'all, what Nintendo series do you think has the best chance of getting another character as DLC? Both a veteran and a newcomer.

For me, I would say Star Fox for a veteran character (Wolf) and Donkey Kong for a newcomer (K. Rool)
I dunno. I could see Wolf since he's a vet, but if DLC newcomers are based on popularity, I feel another LoZ rep has a better chance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom