• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
returning to Midgar stage, in the 3ds Midgar could work like Unova Pokemon League, the summons in the background and hazards could work like Reshiram's Fusion Flase or Zekrom's Fusion Bolt
Edit: I would like to see Wolf and Snake (with Shadow Moses Island) as veterans and I will be fulfilled:)

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I dunno. I could see Wolf since he's a vet, but if DLC newcomers are based on popularity, I feel another LoZ rep has a better chance.
Eh? Why do you say that?

Not that I don't think it can happen. I just don't see any LoZ characters with a big chance of getting in the game.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Eh? Why do you say that?

Not that I don't think it can happen. I just don't see any LoZ characters with a big chance of getting in the game.
Perhaps I'm wrong but I always viewed LoZ as the more popular franchise and therefore had the more popular characters, aside from Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
well... Impa, Midna, Lana, Linkle, another villian...
Good choices for Smash though I highly doubt any of them could make it in. Maybe Impa but even then i'm not to sure about.

The only LoZ characters I can see getting in (in the next Smash Bros game) are Tetra, Young Link (Melee + MM moveset), and Beast Ganon.

Perhaps I'm wrong but I always viewed LoZ as the more popular franchise and therefore had the more popular characters, aside from Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong.
IDK about that. There really isn't many LoZ characters that have a good chance for DLC IMO where as DK has K. Rool, a huge fan favorite and to a much lesser extent, Dixie Kong.

That's not to say LoZ can't have hype newcomers though. Maybe Smash 5 will finally give us one.

Last edited:

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
I hope to see Lana as DLC she is a unique and original character from LoZ and she has a lot of potential moves, but is hard to think a new iconic character for LoZ saga:/

All the LoZ characters drastically dropped in popularity as Smash 4 pre-release went on.

Midana and Ghirahim goth got AT'd (Unfortunately as I still think Midna is an awesome choice)
Impa had more and more people jump off the bandwagon with her deconfirmation until her less than stellar state now where she is barely mentioned.
Lana really never had popularity to begin with but it naturally dropped as HW hype died out.
Same for a WW character (Toon zelda/Tetra)
Pretty much every non-pig ganondorf incarnation died out when Brawl dorf was confirmed.
Tingle is Tingle

So little ballot support for a LoZ character is interesting TBH with how big of a franchise it is. At least we have one or two flourishes of Ganon support now and again.

Banette

Smash Cadet
I like this idea - three songs it is:
  • Earthbound/Mother 2 - Pokey means Business!: I'm surprised it isn't in the game already with its popularity - a mind-blowing track because of the extreme contrast to all other music in the game.
  • Pokémon Gold/Silver - Sprout Tower/Burned Tower/Tin Tower (mix): something representing the feel of the generation 2 games, instead of yet another battle theme.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Title theme, preferably with other memorable (Majora's Mask) compositions mixed in, akin to what was done with Song of Storms in Super Smash Bros. Brawl (the popular Deku Palace and Stone Tower Temple themes represent the game fine as well, if those appeal to you more): there's more to Zelda than those twenty main theme remixes.

I've always thought that if we were to get a LoZ Newcomer it would have to be Vaati since iirc he's the only recurring villain in the series besides Ganon and it's honestly surprising that he doesn't even have a trophy in Smash.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I still definitely support either of my top Legend of Zelda picks making it in, being Tetra or Toon Zelda. I'm just not all that vocal about it, especially nowadays. I guess I feel my signature does the job of getting across the fact that I support them.

I'm sure that the Zelda franchise made up a decent chunk of the ballot though. I think it's just that talking about all the possible different Zelda characters just sort of died out around here. Outside these boards, I've still seen plenty of people say they voted for a Zelda character. Not that I'm necessarily expecting it, but it would be interesting to know what character from that franchise Sakurai would choose for DLC at this point considering how divisive the topic can be.

And here are my three song picks.
3. Splatoon Final Boss Theme (Squid Sisters)
2. Molgera Battle
1. What I'm Made Of

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I didn't know smash was not a nintendo stuff..... And I'm asking if they will show the smash presentation that day....
See, what TBW tried to say is that despite Nintendo content supposedly coming at the VGAs, Smash is not a guarantee.

And if it were being shown at the VGAs, it would have been announced for it by now. So the presentation is likely not being shown there.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I didn't know smash was not a nintendo stuff..... And I'm asking if they will show the smash presentation that day....
What they mean is that there's no "guarantee" that New Nintendo Stuff = New Smash Stuff.
If you don't see Sakurai retweet anything about it, there won't be Smash news there. However, not everything he retweets correlates to Smash.
Ergo; we don't have reason to believe that the stuff shown at the VGA or whatever is going to include the Smash presentation coming this month.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Troykv

Smash Master
Micaiah:

+ Pure Mage for Fire Emblem
+ Light Magic
?+ Mild popularity

- One of the biggest flops off the series.
- :4myfriends: covers her games
-:4feroy: already is FE DLC for this game.
- Fire Emblem is a series already in question of too much of expansion
- "Protags on the Month" will be more prioritized. Tiki and Anna are basically the only characters that stand on re-ocurrance.
- Mary Sue who causes a lot of arguments amongst the community. Worseso than :4feroy:.
This was expected and unexpected xDU (expected the Pros/Cons, unexpected see an answer xDU)

But I have a little question.

What exactly is considered a Flop? Something below a million worldwide?

In my honest opinion, I think were good with FE characters for DLC. No offense to anyone that supports these characters for DLC.

Here's a question for y'all, what Nintendo series do you think has the best chance of getting another character as DLC? Both a veteran and a newcomer.

For me, I would say Star Fox for a veteran character (Wolf) and Donkey Kong for a newcomer (K. Rool)
I support the characters that I really want... But I understand your opinion and the people wanting something different.

And... Star Fox has Wolf (the "ultimate shoo-in"); otherwise the only franchise that I think has a really good chances with Newcomers is Donkey Kong.

Burruni

Smash Hero
This was expected and unexpected xDU (expected the Pros/Cons, unexpected see an answer xDU)

But I have a little question.

What exactly is considered a Flop? Something below a million worldwide?

I support the characters that I really want... But I understand your opinion and the people wanting something different.

And... Star Fox has Wolf (the "ultimate shoo-in"); otherwise the only franchise that I think has a really good chances with Newcomers is Donkey Kong.
The console games took considerably more to produce and manage than the handheld ones (edit: this kind of dynamic has pretty much always been the case for handheld consoles, and in fact the lack of a gap in production effort for PSP and ESPECIALLY Vita games to PS2/3 and now PS3/4 that lead them to be the struggle and flop of consoles that they were), especially the jump in cost for voice acting to be included as it was.

The fact that they, then, sold less than the GBA titles and I think even the DS remake(s) or Marth's games made them, comparatively, flops. Financially, an unsuccesful experiment hoping to capture the console market with the series as FF4/5 were some of the best selling before Awakening, looking at Japan's sales of course.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's a shame that Ike's games didn't attract much sales, it was understandable for PoR as the Gamecube was struggling, but RD shouldn't have sold that less.

I wish they got remade for the 3DS or the NeXt handheld. Japan majorly favours handhelds to consoles. Both games have a solid story and gameplay, and shouldn't have trouble selling.

:231:

It's a shame that Ike's games didn't attract much sales, it was understandable for PoR as the Gamecube was struggling, but RD shouldn't have sold that less.

I wish they got remade for the 3DS or the NeXt handheld. Japan majorly favours handhelds to consoles. Both games have a solid story and gameplay, and shouldn't have trouble selling.

It would probably be cheaper to buy the NX and both Radiant games than buying them off the internet for their original consoles :/

Which is a shame because I (and the world) need more FE exposure.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
IDK about that. There really isn't many LoZ characters that have a good chance for DLC IMO where as DK has K. Rool, a huge fan favorite and to a much lesser extent, Dixie Kong.

That's not to say LoZ can't have hype newcomers though. Maybe Smash 5 will finally give us one.
I don't think they have a good chance either to be honest.
Especially King K. Rool, I can't see any first-party newcomers happening besides Inklings.
Dixie Kong is possible due to be being easier to make and being more known in the grand scheme of things.

Considering that they are semi-clones...I wonder if we could get Wolf and Dixie Kong after the main DLC characters are finished.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
An HD remake of PoR&RD would definitely bring back faith in the direction the series is taking, at least it will for me. Considering they go for at least ~$130+ together disk-only (if you get lucky on ebay, more realistically ~$160+) and the recent surge of newbies to the franchise, they're just begging for it (just like HD F-Zero GX with online).

Seeing the best villain of the series get in as a Mii Costume definitely brought things full circle if you were around for the 2011 and older Smash 4 threads. I'd still take BK or Caeda over Robin any day. lol

On the topic of costumes though, I'm still waiting for my Knuckles Brawler and would hope to see a Lighting/Sephiroth Swordfighter.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
An HD remake of PoR&RD would definitely bring back faith in the direction the series is taking, at least it will for me. Considering they go for at least ~$130+ together disk-only (if you get lucky on ebay, more realistically ~$160+) and the recent surge of newbies to the franchise, they're just begging for it (just like HD F-Zero GX with online).

Seeing the best villain of the series get in as a Mii Costume definitely brought things full circle if you were around for the 2011 and older Smash 4 threads. I'd still take BK or Caeda over Robin any day. lol

On the topic of costumes though, I'm still waiting for my Knuckles Brawler and would hope to see a Lighting/Sephiroth Swordfighter.
Burger Knight...that brings me back. Things were so much simpler then. :laugh:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If you could get 3 songs in this game, what would it be?
1.) F-Zero GX - Theme of Captain Falcon
2.) Xenoblade Chronicles X - Uncontrollable
3.) Fire Emblem Awakening - Don't speak her name!

Honorable mentions: Moonstruck Blossom from Kirby Triple Deluxe, Emptiness And from The World Ends With You, Guile's theme from Street Fighter, Black Tar from Xenoblade X, Saber's Edge from Final Fantasy XIII //ACTIVATES FLAMESHIELDS

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Lemmie bring this up again since it was overshadowed by....other things...

But assuming we get an Adventure Mode or Smash Run added to the Wii U...what enemies would you guys want to see added?

Some I would like to see...
Ing Warrior
Space Pirate/Zebesian
Skulltulla
Mothula
Poe
Revanant/Entombed Risen
Fighter Risen
Myrmidon Risen
Lancer Risen
Chocobo
Slime
Rattata
Geodude
Zubat

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Super Mario: Hammer Bros, Shy Guy, Legend of Zelda: Red Moblin, Pokemon: Machamp. For enemies.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Super Mario: Hammer Bros, Shy Guy, Legend of Zelda: Red Moblin, Pokemon: Machamp. For enemies.
Both the Hammer Bro and Shy Guy are already in Smash Run...Hammer Bro can even be summoned as an assist trophy...

Moblin's would be cool...
Machamp?...maybe as a boss type enemy like Darknut...I guess it'd be cool..

Last edited:
Reposting mine because it the rest of the subject got reposted

Smash Run enemies
Klump (DKC)
Aparoids (Star Fox)
:034:
Irridescent Flint/Glint beetle (assuming we don't already have one) (pikmin)
something from pac man world
mechon (xenoblade)
new age retro hippe (Earthbound)
Those little rice bowl enemies from Indivisible

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
My choice of songs;
Forgive me pls if the DK one is already in the game - I'm not sure.
Remember when we actually doubted the possibility of getting any third-party character for Smash 4 DLC before Ryu was leaked?

Good times.
lol certainly not me.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
It does seem weird that Zelda is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises and yet it didn't get a single character added to this Smash. The last Zelda newcomer we got was Toon Link who is pretty much just a different incarnation of Young Link... Call me crazy, but I could possibly see Sakurai pulling a complete "Wha?!" and giving us Linkle as a newcomer. She would be like Pikachu-Libre from Pokken Tournament in that even though she would just be another Link, she would have her own unique moveset due to wielding crossbows instead of yet another sword.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Now that it's December, I'd like to refresh you on the third-party rules.
1. Must have originated as a videogame character
So no Goku, Doramon, or Spongebob, okay? Plus all the licencing issues involved with them.
2. Must have contributed something to videogame history
Basically it's this sort of situation, without A, B wouldn't have existed, so they need to have done something for their genera like the other third-parties.
3. No firearms
However this can easily be fixed.
And finally...
4. Indie characters are allowed
Commander Video's trophy basically confirms this, however there's not many indies that have effected video game history, so we'd probably only get one (If any).
And those are the official rules to third-party characters, but I'll add one that isn't official...
Must have been on a Nintendo console at least once.
I mean it makes sense considering all the others have, but if you beg to differ that's okay.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It does seem weird that Zelda is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises and yet it didn't get a single character added to this Smash. The last Zelda newcomer we got was Toon Link who is pretty much just a different incarnation of Young Link... Call me crazy, but I could possibly see Sakurai pulling a complete "Wha?!" and giving us Linkle as a newcomer. She would be like Pikachu-Libre from Pokken Tournament in that even though she would just be another Link, she would have her own unique moveset due to wielding crossbows instead of yet another sword.
Zelda has run out of recurring characters to add (except Vaati, but Nintendo has forgotten him.)

If any of the past villains like Midna, Ghirahim or even Ganon have a proper appearance in later games, I can see them being added. Same goes for Linkle.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Now that it's December, I'd like to refresh you on the third-party rules.
1. Must have originated as a videogame character
So no Goku, Doramon, or Spongebob, okay? Plus all the licencing issues involved with them.
2. Must have contributed something to videogame history
Basically it's this sort of situation, without A, B wouldn't have existed, so they need to have done something for their genera like the other third-parties.
3. No firearms
However this can easily be fixed.
And finally...
4. Indie characters are allowed
Commander Video's trophy basically confirms this, however there's not many indies that have effected video game history, so we'd probably only get one (If any).
And those are the official rules to third-party characters, but I'll add one that isn't official...
Must have been on a Nintendo console at least once.
I mean it makes sense considering all the others have, but if you beg to differ that's okay.
Inb4 one of these 'official' rules gets broken...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom