• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Legend of Zelda Rep Support Thread

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, so I’ve been listening to a fair amount of the music in Ultimate and correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems that Ganon/dorf’s Theme is conspicuously absent? That seems like a pretty glaring omission!

I think it does crop up a little in some tracks but there isn’t a track like Vs Ridley, Dark Pit’s Theme or something along those lines, which seems odd as Ganon/dorf is one of the most well known villains in gaming... It’d make sense if we had something like Ganon’s Tower from OoT, I think.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hey guys, so I’ve been listening to a fair amount of the music in Ultimate and correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems that Ganon/dorf’s Theme is conspicuously absent? That seems like a pretty glaring omission!

I think it does crop up a little in some tracks but there isn’t a track like Vs Ridley, Dark Pit’s Theme or something along those lines, which seems odd as Ganon/dorf is one of the most well known villains in gaming... It’d make sense if we had something like Ganon’s Tower from OoT, I think.
the theme is still there in the brawl version of song of storms, and we do have a ganon battle theme

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
the theme is still there in the brawl version of song of storms, and we do have a ganon battle theme
I can only find the Calamity Ganon and I personally wouldn’t see that as indicative of Ganon/dorf as it was so different to what we used to have. Ganon/dorf’s theme would be something like Ganon’s tower as I said before or Enter Ganon from ALBW.

There is indeed a very small portion of it in the Song of Storms, but I wouldn’t see many people expecting during say a adventure mode battle with Ganon or Ganondorf to fight hearing the Song of Storms track all the way through to the end just for a snippet of Ganon’s theme. It seems even stranger to be honest now we have OoT Ganon as a boss...

What I’m saying is for a major playable character, he doesn’t get a track dedicated to his traditional theme, like most of the other villains do but I think he ought to. It would make much more sense I feel. I don’t think bowser has one either but he’s never really had a constant theme like Ganon... Then again, he does have his Giga Bowser theme.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I can only find the Calamity Ganon and I personally wouldn’t see that as indicative of Ganon/dorf as it was so different to what we used to have. Ganon/dorf’s theme would be something like Ganon’s tower as I said before or Enter Ganon from ALBW.

There is indeed a very small portion of it in the Song of Storms, but I wouldn’t see many people expecting during say a adventure mode battle with Ganon or Ganondorf to fight hearing the Song of Storms track all the way through to the end just for a snippet of Ganon’s theme. It seems even stranger to be honest now we have OoT Ganon as a boss...

What I’m saying is for a major playable character, he doesn’t get a track dedicated to his traditional theme, like most of the other villains do but I think he ought to. It would make much more sense I feel. I don’t think bowser has one either but he’s never really had a constant theme like Ganon... Then again, he does have his Giga Bowser theme.
well ganon's never had a consistent battle theme either, the zelda music in smash isnt great there seems to be a over focus on certain games and remixing of the same themes

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
well ganon's never had a consistent battle theme either, the zelda music in smash isnt great there seems to be a over focus on certain games and remixing of the same themes
He might not have had a consistent battle theme but he certainly has got a fairly consistent character theme which should really be in Smash. It plays before you fight Ganon in ALttP, Ganon’s Tower (OoT), when encountering Ganondorf in both WW and TP, Ganon’s resurrection in ALBW there is a subtle inclusion of it in the Hyrule Castle in BotW.

I would think it’s probably the third most recurrent theme in the series, after the Overworld (which we have about five versions of as you said) and Zelda’s Lullaby. It would be awesome to fight Ganon/dorf with the organ version of his theme in my opinion, although I know some people don’t like the use of the organ. I just think it’s such an iconic theme. You literally hear the first like four notes and instantly you’re thinking “Uh oh, here comes Ganon!”

On a side note, I wish the original (Brawl) version of Midna’s lament was in Ultimate. The new remix just doesn’t get across the sense of urgency that the original possess... Its too upbeat, more exciting and doesn’t really feel like a character is near death which was its purpose in TP. Sorry I’m back to complaining again but Midna’s Lament was probably my favourite rendition of Midna’s theme in TP, so I sorely miss the original.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
He might not have had a consistent battle theme but he certainly has got a fairly consistent character theme which should really be in Smash. It plays before you fight Ganon in ALttP, Ganon’s Tower (OoT), when encountering Ganondorf in both WW and TP, Ganon’s resurrection in ALBW there is a subtle inclusion of it in the Hyrule Castle in BotW.
i know all this

D

Deleted member

I was recently inspired to put together images of moveset, stage, and boss ideas for a total 6 Zelda Characters. I've only actually made one of the so far, but it's a start.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I was recently inspired to put together images of moveset, stage, and boss ideas for a total 6 Zelda Characters. I've only actually made one of the so far, but it's a start.

What's NB and UB?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am still excited for BotW2, shame we don't hear anything of it. Any guesses when we'll get new trailers and info?

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I started playing Breath of the Wild this summer and I haven't found all the sanctuaries yet, so I hope the sequel will not be released before at least a good year: I want to finish this and play something else before.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Kinda annoyed with how Zelda treats its well designed characters. It would be a really travesty if Ghirahim, a character that has become so memorable, were to never make an appearance again. I understand that timeline is at fault majority of the time but Ghirahim is literally immortal and you could easily fit him creatively into A pull role, it'd work.

Dammit! Just put my boy in one more Zelda game!

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kinda annoyed with how Zelda treats its well designed characters. It would be a really travesty if Ghirahim, a character that has become so memorable, were to never make an appearance again. I understand that timeline is at fault majority of the time but Ghirahim is literally immortal and you could easily fit him creatively into A pull role, it'd work.

Well, ever since Skyward Sword with the sole exception of Hyrule Warriors, Impa only got it worse as well. After Skyward Sword they got me thinking Impa was gonna be a mainstay. And I was right! Except they only used Old Impa.... Which is why I'm hoping they being young Impa back in BotW2.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Am still excited for BotW2, shame we don't hear anything of it. Any guesses when we'll get new trailers and info?
probably not for a good while

i mean he was killed

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ganondorf was also "killed" quite some times. And look how that all turned out.

Am happy that Ganondorf is most likely gonna get back in BotW2 however. It's been way too long.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Well, ever since Skyward Sword with the sole exception of Hyrule Warriors, Impa only got it worse as well. After Skyward Sword they got me thinking Impa was gonna be a mainstay. And I was right! Except they only used Old Impa.... Which is why I'm hoping they being young Impa back in BotW2.
At least Impa is in more Zelda games, the only reason she isn't in Smash is because of Sakurai bias. Just give her a boost in character request and she's in. My dude Ghirahim is potentially doomed, from what I read in this topic https://www.reddit.com/r/truezelda/comments/9bm7ud/do_you_want_to_see_ghirahim_return_in_future/ There were still some interesting suggestions tho. Its not "Impossible" to bring him back.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I figure the thing that stops Impa in particular is that she doesn't have a "generalized" character design. :ultlink:. :ultzelda:, and :ultganondorf:'s designs don't change much overall, and if they do, it's superficially (in particular, the biggest Ganondorf's regular Gerudo form has been is in Wind Waker).

Meanwhile, Impa went from small old lady, to lean young lady, to thick old lady, to much younger lean lady, and so on. Her proportions change almost constantly as we go from various points in the timeline or universes.

Also, Tingle's treated as comic relief anyway, just like Waluigi.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I figure the thing that stops Impa in particular is that she doesn't have a "generalized" character design. :ultlink:. :ultzelda:, and :ultganondorf:'s designs don't change much overall, and if they do, it's superficially
youve seen zelda's ss and botw outfits right?

Ganondorf was also "killed" quite some times.
about 5 times i think, i think they retconned a couple into him just being sealed away

i was mostly referring to that about the immortality thing

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What's NB and UB?
UB is "Ultimate Boss". As in a boss already present in Ultimate that the character could fight at the end of Classic Mode.

NB is "New Boss". As in an idea for a brand new boss that could be in Smash.

D

Deleted member

I figure the thing that stops Impa in particular is that she doesn't have a "generalized" character design. :ultlink:. :ultzelda:, and :ultganondorf:'s designs don't change much overall, and if they do, it's superficially (in particular, the biggest Ganondorf's regular Gerudo form has been is in Wind Waker).

Meanwhile, Impa went from small old lady, to lean young lady, to thick old lady, to much younger lean lady, and so on. Her proportions change almost constantly as we go from various points in the timeline or universes.

While these games are spin-offs, Impa's designs in Hyrule Warriors and Cadence of Hyrule are pretty consistent with each other. Complete with Naginata and everything. So maybe they could just use that?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Yes that doesn't help. However her older self has a stable look now, more or less. I really hope they will try and keep a standardised look for Young Impa as well. For example Cadence of Hyrule used Skyward Sword Impa, but with a naginata which is taken directly from Hyrule Warriors. They should continue that road.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

The only main forms Impa has is old lady and lean young lady. It's quite obvious that lean young lady Impa would be the one they'd choose, just like how they've been choosing humanoid Ganondorf over Blue Pig Ganon since Melee. Her form differences, discounting old and young, are really not that different from the many incarnations :ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf: take. Especially in Ultimate where Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are allowed to be from different games, some mix between Skyward Sword or Ocarina of Time Impa would not look out of place at all. You can even equip both of those costumes in Hyrule Warriors.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
In any case, the next step is to get enough fans behind the idea of Impa. If we continue with the factionism with the Skull Kid, pig!Ganon, Girahnim, Midna and Tingle fans among others, this won't go anywhere.
Impa doesn't strike me as a better choice than Skull Kid or Tingle, or even Tetra, to be honest.

D

Deleted member

Wait a minute, the designs for the Zelda characters in Ultimate were all pulled from one specific game anyway. So Impa’s lack of a consistent design shouldn’t actually be a problem.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
King Harkinian is obviously the best choice for a Zelda character. We should rally behind him and stop caring for the others. /s

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
King Harkinian is obviously the best choice for a Zelda character. We should rally behind him and stop caring for the others. /s
You joke, but I'd actually like to see some of the CD-i content make it in.
Specifically, music from Zelda's Adventure, but still... >_>

D

Deleted member

Did you mean they weren't all pulled from one game?
No. I meant they were.

Link and Sheik were only Breath of the Wild.

Young Link and Ganondorf were only Ocarina of Time.

Zelda was only A Link Between Worlds.

And Toon Link was only Wind Waker.

D

Deleted member

its funny to think a character has a design based on a game they never appeared in
Wouldn't be the first time for Sheik. Brawl did the same thing with her scrapped Twilight Princess design.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

the design was made for brawl

As for how Sheik is Botw based in Ultimate, while it's true that she never appears in that game, she is wearing the Sheikah armor from the Hero of the Wild's adventure. So yeah, Botw based.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

As for how Sheik is Botw based in Ultimate, while it's true that she never appears in that game, she is wearing the Sheikah armor from the Hero of the Wild's adventure. So yeah, Botw based.
if you notice the wording you'll see that it says that it was made during the development for twilight princess not that it was made for twilight princess. hyrule historia reveals that the design was made by the team for brawl. so im afraid the team who made it proves you wrong

hyrulehistoria.0.jpg

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm still holding out hope that Impa might appear in BotW2 as her younger self. Not that she'll be in Smash because of it, but because I want her younger self to be a mainstay because she's way cooler like that than as a old nagging hag.

D

Deleted member

if you notice the wording you'll see that it says that it was made during the development for twilight princess not that it was made for twilight princess. hyrule historia reveals that the design was made by the team for brawl. so im afraid the team who made it proves you wrong

View attachment 247231
Huh, well would you look at that.

Still. The design is pretty clearly Twilight Princess inspired either way.

So no. It’s not really “funny” to think that Sheik has designs from games she never appeared in.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Huh, well would you look at that.

Still. The design is pretty clearly Twilight Princess inspired either way.

So no. It’s not really “funny” to think that Sheik has designs from games she never appeared in.
at the very least its a little strange that they based on botw when they were all based on different games anyway

well i guess sakurai gonna do what sakurai gonna do, its the one thing about smash we can be sure of

Top Bottom