• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Legend of Zelda Rep Support Thread

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I suppose this series reminds me of why I would love a Smash reboot... Impa being a second Sheikah would overpopulate the Sheikah for the roster, in my opinion--- but a reboot could allow five solid Zelda characters.
Well, Sheik actually being Zelda, Impa would be the only "true" sheikah.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I suppose this series reminds me of why I would love a Smash reboot... Impa being a second Sheikah would overpopulate the Sheikah for the roster, in my opinion--- but a reboot could allow five solid Zelda characters.
Bro.

Sheik isn't even an actual Sheikah.

You probably know that though.

Why would a second Sheikah be worse than a 3rd Link or a 2nd Zelda however ? One could argue that a 2nd Ganon should take priority tho. And I would agree with that honestly.

Ganon would be awesome. I wanted him bad after the Ultimate boss fight, especially the Ocarina of Time version. I think he's very obviously missing , one of the few classic Nintendo all stars left after the likes of Toad, Paper Mario and Dixie Kong, and probably above the likes of Bandana Dee and Impa.

However, Impa is just way more workable.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Considering how some fans found :ultridley: less than impressive when he finally became playable, it's probably best that Ganon remains a boss. I'm pleasantly surprised to even get to fight him at all, really.
The only issue with Impa is whether they'll eventually listen to the fans about adding her. I have a feeling we'd need to run out of major :ultmario: characters before they even notice the demand for additional Zelda characters.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Considering how some fans found :ultridley: less than impressive when he finally became playable, it's probably best that Ganon remains a boss. I'm pleasantly surprised to even get to fight him at all, really.
The only issue with Impa is whether they'll eventually listen to the fans about adding her. I have a feeling we'd need to run out of major :ultmario: characters before they even notice the demand for additional Zelda characters.
Ridley in Smash is sort of underwhelming, I'll agree. But I was pleasantly surprised when he was added, like whoa Sakurai you actually made it happen.

But yeah, I agree that Zelda likely will remain neglected in Smash for quite some time. I suspect that BotW2 will mainly focus on Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, so that also doesn't help.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
or we'll end up with just the three

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
or we'll end up with just the three
This is what I think will most likely happen yeah.

With the current roster, there's a slight chance we could at one point have a newcomer from already established Zelda games. I could see Skull Kid, one day, if we'd get yet another Majora's Mask remake. Which is not too likely, and they would remake Ocarina of Time before that too.

Skyward Sword hasn't got a remake yet. Could see Impa happen if that ever gets a chance, which it likely won't...

I'm starting to get a little hopeless here. BotW2 was my main hope for ever getting something Zelda related for Smash, but how long has it even been since that game was first announced?

This is almost as depressing as waiting for a new Donkey Kong game.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Rumored Sky Temple screenshot debunked and is finally confirmed to be beta Hyrule Castle instead:

Beta Lost Woods supposedly found outside of beta Hyrule Caste:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Rumored Sky Temple screenshot debunked and is finally confirmed to be beta Hyrule Castle instead:

Beta Lost Woods supposedly found outside of beta Hyrule Caste:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Isn't this beta-castle the version who inspired the Hyrule Castle stage from Smash 64?

Lenidem

Smash Lord
a little over a year
And that's fine by me: I still haven't found all the shrines yet (I'm missing three of those) and really want to finish at least this quest before starting BotW2, with a break inbetween if I can. For me there is no rush at all.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
And that's fine by me: I still haven't found all the shrines yet (I'm missing three of those) and really want to finish at least this quest before starting BotW2, with a break inbetween if I can. For me there is no rush at all.
thats fair. i once did the final extra thing in a video game the day before i got the sequel

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Happy New Year!

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Iff you could include 2 links (one young/cute one Adult/Serious) of your Choice instead of the 3 Links we already have who would it be?
Mine are
and

Oracle Link

Smash Master
i probably get called sexist again!
But is there a Mans day if not then there really shouldnt be a womens day becuase theyre not a minority!

Heck i think there isnt even an Asperger Day eventhough Aspergers are a Minority!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
i probably get called sexist again!
But is there a Mans day if not then there really shouldnt be a womens day becuase theyre not a minority!

Heck i think there isnt even an Asperger Day eventhough Aspergers are a Minority!
There is a Man's Day. It's on November 19th.

There is also an Asperger's Day. It's on February 18th.

Also even if a group isn't a minority they can still be oppressed and discriminated against.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
There is a Man's Day. It's on November 19th.

There is also an Asperger's Day. It's on February 18th.

Also even if a group isn't a minority they can still be oppressed and discriminated against.
nice to know that these days exist (but still nobody cares ever about Them so yeah)

I guess but we arent in africa there Women get opressed and disscriminated
But not really here

i guess zelda females are decent not good but decent (outside of Midna/some Zeldas(even though they are Killstealers theyre good)

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So lets swoop back to the actual theme of this thread!
So do any of you guys think the last char is nintendo based?
I mean its still pretty much a truth that mii costumes and Ats deconfirm!
And impa seems more fitting as a Echo!
I do wonder if an echo pass is possibble after all if you display echos with the original fighters together the roster will be a perfect Square after FP11!

DynoStretch

Smash Cadet
So do any of you guys think the last char is Nintendo based?
I'm 50/50 on that. My two safest guesses are someone from Pokemon or Shin Megumi Tenshi. I'd absolutely love a new Zelda character but I don't think it's happening at this point.

Mipha is probably my most wanted for a Zelda rep, she was my favorite character in BOTW and she's amazing to use in Age of Calamity.

As far as Smash 6 goes, I could easily see them upgrade Midna from Assist Trophy to a playable fighter, probably allied with Wolf Link.

I do wonder if an echo pass is possible after all if you display echos with the original fighters together the roster will be a perfect Square after FP11!
Doubtful, Sakurai flat-out said FP11 was the final fighter. I'm hoping there's at least some kind of final surprise though.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I'm 50/50 on that. My two safest guesses are someone from Pokemon or Shin Megumi Tenshi. I'd absolutely love a new Zelda character but I don't think it's happening at this point.

Mipha is probably my most wanted for a Zelda rep, she was my favorite character in BOTW and she's amazing to use in Age of Calamity.

As far as Smash 6 goes, I could easily see them upgrade Midna from Assist Trophy to a playable fighter, probably allied with Wolf Link.

Doubtful, Sakurai flat-out said FP11 was the final fighter. I'm hoping there's at least some kind of final surprise though.
When it comes to a zelda rep i think its quite unlikly to i guess there is some chance of it being bandana dee or marx from kirby but a full zelda rep wont be in!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Honestly, I really wish and think they should just add all four champions as separate characters. The missing component of Hyrule representation is the variety of creatures within the world.

I don't see that happening, so my vote is for the true boss of BotW, a character dating back to the first game--- Lynel.

So do any of you guys think the last char is nintendo based?
Every final character has been a contemporary (new) Nintendo character.
I think this is to keep the game feeling 'current' for as long as possible (Nintendo has said as much), and because they want to do such for their own properties.

Hence why I think Dragaux will be the final character.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Honestly, I really wish and think they should just add all four champions as separate characters. The missing component of Hyrule representation is the variety of creatures within the world.

I don't see that happening, so my vote is for the true boss of BotW, a character dating back to the first game--- Lynel.

Every final character has been a contemporary (new) Nintendo character.
I think this is to keep the game feeling 'current' for as long as possible (Nintendo has said as much), and because they want to do such for their own properties.

Hence why I think Dragaux will be the final character.
Lynels? i would prefer the series exampleray enemy the Octorock!

Dragaux i didnt play ring fit but he seems cool!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Lynels? i would prefer the series exampleray enemy the Octorock!

Dragaux i didnt play ring fit but he seems cool!
I just don't think Octorock's are a memorable enemy from Hyrule. I don't even think they are in the top five.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Not memorable they are in every friggin game!
So is grass...
I'm not saying Octorocks cannot be remembered, just that they tend to be inconsequential enemies, which don't- to me- stand out in any way.

She wouldn't be that bad. I mean, there are several I would prefer.

But Lynels have missed several major Zelda titres. So I wouldn't say they're that memorable for the serie.
I think Lynel's are by far the most memorable enemy in BotW, with the joke being that they are harder to defeat than Ganon himself...and it certainly instilled more fear to turn a corner and see one, than knowingly approaching the castle.

Just my opinion though, there's really no reason to argue on an opinion.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So is grass...
I'm not saying Octorocks cannot be remembered, just that they tend to be inconsequential enemies, which don't- to me- stand out in any way.
not always inconsequential. i can think of a few we have to get through to finish the story

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I think Lynel's are by far the most memorable enemy in BotW, with the joke being that they are harder to defeat than Ganon himself...and it certainly instilled more fear to turn a corner and see one, than knowingly approaching the castle.
For Breath of the Wild I agree, Lynels are somewhat different from the other ennemies. I thought you were talking about the serie as a whole, then it becomes more blur. There is the ocotoroks, the molblins, the darknuts...

Just my opinion though, there's really no reason to argue on an opinion.
Well, it's not just "I like this" or "I don't like that". You could explain why you thought Lynels were good representative of BotW, and you did.

not always inconsequential.
That's probably why he wrote "TEND to be inconsequential".

Oracle Link

Smash Master
thats cause we're trying to forget him
I dont i like morshu i just see Cdi as a paralell universe where everyone has -69 IQ!

Also if Bokoblins would get in they better have a 2d Zelda moblin Alt! i mean poor moblins degraded to second fiddle!

Top Bottom