• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Legend of Zelda Rep Support Thread

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Tingle and Skull Kid are tied for me. I'd love to see both of them.
Zelda really deserves another character in Smash. We haven't really gotten a new feeling Zelda character since Melee. Its way past time we got a new one.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Tingle and Skull Kid are tied for me. I'd love to see both of them.
Zelda really deserves another character in Smash. We haven't really gotten a new feeling Zelda character since Melee. Its way past time we got a new one.
nice to know not everyone hates tingle

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I don't personally hate Tingle either, I just think putting him in Smash would be a bad idea because of the people who do VEHEMENTLY hate him. Imagine all the hate Piranha Plant got, then combine that with Bayonetta, then combine that with Corrin. That's basically what Tingle would be in the US.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't personally hate Tingle either, I just think putting him in Smash would be a bad idea because of the people who do VEHEMENTLY hate him. Imagine all the hate Piranha Plant got, then combine that with Bayonetta, then combine that with Corrin. That's basically what Tingle would be in the US.
I will say, Sak has guts to treat him the way he does in Smash.
>starts as interactive BG character
>gets to be an AT for the next two games
>ha ha, just kidding, back to interactive BG character again
Lord knows how annoyed Tingle fans in Japan are about that.

Last edited:

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but unfortunately, I think those who don’t hate him are in the minority, to the point where I think it would be very divisive to the fan base if he was added. I would even say based solely on some of the posts here that he’s already a pretty contentious topic.

See I’ve never gelled with him as a character. He’s extremely irritating and distracting, over the top as anything (although that’s my opinion). Unfortunately, I’d have to put myself in the group of his haters, but that’s just how I feel. There’s often a character in a game series or even films that the majority can’t stand and for Zelda, it’s most definitely Tingle.

I think there would be a massive outcry (possibly to rival the Waluigi crowd) if he made it in over others. Obvious example would be the Hyrule Warriors Majora’s Mask dlc and that was just in a spin off!

He’s hardly a fan favourite like the other 3 ATs... (I didn’t even realise he’d been demoted from AT in Ultimate lol, shows how much I pay attention to him) He also only has very minor roles in each Zelda game he appears in (not including his spinoff series but that didn’t sell amazingly, even in Japan), i.e. a shop for maps, translating triforce charts in the infamous quest in Wind Waker and a couple of kinstone connections in Minish Cap.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
poor guy, only the middle of those three really deserved it. i mean the other two, corrin's main problem was how over represented fire emblem had become, and his bland personality and pp it was mostly how salty and entitled the waluigi fans have become

Lenidem

Smash Lord
poor guy, only the middle of those three really deserved it. i mean the other two, corrin's main problem was how over represented fire emblem had become, and his bland personality and pp it was mostly how salty and entitled the waluigi fans have become
I'm not a Waluigi and I still despise the Plant's inclusion. But that's off topic.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Corrin was from a game that hadn't released in the US yet, and also was a character that FE fans eventually came to hate when the game did come out. Even ignoring the blind hate for any and all FE reps, Corrin was just a terrible choice to put in Smash.

As cool as Piranha Plant's moveset is... I think the hate was pretty justified. It's not just Waluigi fans either, really anyone that wanted a Mario Character was mad about it. Toad/Captain Toad too, or any of the Mario RPG characters like Geno. Piranha Plant just felt like a punch in the gut no matter who you wanted in Smash.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Hate him or love him, he'd be so funny in Smash. After seeing the cartoony ways he attacks in hyrule warriors, I've thought he would be hilarious in Smash. Plus, he's got his own series of games and is one of the few recurring Zelda characters that appears in multiple entries.

He definitely has left a mark on the series, and I'm always a fan of jokey characters.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm not a Waluigi and I still despise the Plant's inclusion. But that's off topic.
fair

Corrin was from a game that hadn't released in the US yet, and also was a character that FE fans eventually came to hate when the game did come out. Even ignoring the blind hate for any and all FE reps, Corrin was just a terrible choice to put in Smash.

As cool as Piranha Plant's moveset is... I think the hate was pretty justified. It's not just Waluigi fans either, really anyone that wanted a Mario Character was mad about it. Toad/Captain Toad too, or any of the Mario RPG characters like Geno. Piranha Plant just felt like a punch in the gut no matter who you wanted in Smash.
well im still pretty new to the fe fandom i didnt realise he was so hated, i just didnt like them cause theyre so bland which i chocked up to being an avatar

im seem to recall most toad fans took it in their stride, we are the most used to it, we werent happy but i think we took it best, iirc

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
I’d love to know, why do people hate on Bayonetta’s inclusion? She made absolute sense to me, considering Nintendo essentially saved her franchise, allowing them to keep her on as an exclusive. Plus wasn’t she the top request on the fighter ballot in the EU?

I think out of all of them, Corrin is the one who deserves it, as fire emblem had already gained two characters AND a returning veteran and Corrin was at release in Smash an unknown character which I would never think is a good idea. I admit, I’m one of those people who wasn’t happy with all the attention fire emblem when there were other series just as deserving, not just Zelda, but Metroid and Donkey Kong amongst others.

When they announced Ridley for Metroid and K. Rool for DK, I was thinking “omg are they actually gonna add to all the big franchises people want them to? Are they finally gonna add a Zelda rep”, then slowly my hope died pretty much in the same way with Wii U/3DS. Out of all the dlc characters for Wii U/3DS, Bayonetta was the one I was actually tempted to buy (I ended up passing on all the dlc as I was salty at two more fire emblem reps, but that’s just personal preference). I’ve just found all the fire emblem characters that have put in Smash seem bland and generic, without much personality. Again, it’s just my opinion but I always felt I got more personality out a mute character like Link...

The only thing I’ve seen with Bayonetta is like most other new dlc characters, she’s OP as anything, but that’s what I’ve heard, haven’t played with her much yet.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I’d love to know, why do people hate on Bayonetta’s inclusion? She made absolute sense to me, considering Nintendo essentially saved her franchise, allowing them to keep her on as an exclusive. Plus wasn’t she the top request on the fighter ballot in the EU?
the thing about the ballot though is that it game everyone endless votes and true they said it was more a suggestion box than a popularity poll but still the nature of it will make you suspicious of the results especially when the so called top choice is a character who didnt seem to have much support in the fandom, more so when compared to ridley and k.rool, from a couple of games that did from what i understand average, and when compared to the six 3rd party characters was not a gaming icon, also there that whole thing about how there may been plans before the ballot ended, but we dont have time for that

all in all the worst character choice thus far

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
I think we’ll have to agree to disagree. I didn’t really question Bayonetta’s inclusion but that probably just because I’m a fan of her games.

I did personally wonder about Dark Samus and Chrom being so “heavily requested” in the fighter ballot to be included in Ultimate, but just assumed it was more “heavily requested and could be added as echos rather than full blown original characters”. Again, through my Zelda tinted glasses, I couldn’t believe that Dark Samus was requested more than, say Midna, but again assumed that Midna would have been much more work. Perhaps requested more than Skull Kid but oh well.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think we’ll have to agree to disagree. I didn’t really question Bayonetta’s inclusion but that probably just because I’m a fan of her games.

I did personally wonder about Dark Samus and Chrom being so “heavily requested” in the fighter ballot to be included in Ultimate, but just assumed it was more “heavily requested and could be added as echos rather than full blown original characters”. Again, through my Zelda tinted glasses, I couldn’t believe that Dark Samus was requested more than, say Midna, but again assumed that Midna would have been much more work. Perhaps requested more than Skull Kid but oh well.
Metroid fans wanted Ridley but more than anything, they really just wanted another rep for their series. I honestly believe when Ridley was deconfirmed as a stage harzard in Smash 4, a certain amount of Metroid fans gave up on him and voted for Dark Samus regarding Sakurai's thoughts about his size and how difficult it would be to implement his moveset and size to the game as a character. I honestly believe a lot of people thought "If I can't have Ridley, I will take Dark Samus."

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

well thatll be the old why question a good thing id guess, but for those of us who cant stand it, its a little hard not to see anything other than blinding fury

well comparing them to characters from other series is tricky, but within in their own series dark samus and chrom were both very popular characters, and i say that as an outsider to both mostly, and have become seen by many as sort of embodiment of metroid prime and fire emblem awakening respectivly which were quite well received within in both fandoms. they probably were just included cause they were easy to make echoes from but theyre both still popular characters

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
well thatll be the old why question a good thing id guess, but for those of us who cant stand it, its a little hard not to see anything other than blinding fury

well comparing them to characters from other series is tricky, but within in their own series dark samus and chrom were both very popular characters, and i say that as an outsider to both mostly, and have become seen by many as sort of embodiment of metroid prime and fire emblem awakening respectivly which were quite well received within in both fandoms. they probably were just included cause they were easy to make echoes from but theyre both still popular characters
I would agree with Chrom had fire emblem not already got Robin and Lucinda because three characters from one game in a series where the characters change every time is pretty excessive. I think another problem is why is a smaller fandom’s love for a particular character more worth pursuing than a larger fanbase’s?

Like I say, I’m probably about as far out of the fire emblem fan base as it’s possible to be, but I loved the Metroid Prime series but knew the Metroid series as a whole is not as beloved as some series, in Japan particularly these days. Pretty sure that and Other M were the reason it’s taken so long to get MP4.

As a purely “they were easy to add as echos” standpoint, I can understand. Although I wish Dark Samus was her own character because her AT in Wii U/3DS was much more unique.

I will point out that that’s pretty much the reaction I would have if Tingle was added. Extreme rage, because there are other much more popular characters to choose from. Whereas Bayonetta does have a substantial cult following. Apparently the Switch version of Bayonetta 2 did best in the US so there are obviously fans...

See, when I consider Midna, I would see her as the embodiment of a perfect companion character in the Zelda series (and I’m sure I’m not alone) but our values aren’t as important as others’ or so it seems.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Why is there even demand for Midna anyway? Her game has no fandom nowadays and is now considered the start of the Zelda franchise's downfall.

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
Why is there even demand for Midna anyway? Her game has no fandom nowadays and is now considered the start of the Zelda franchise's downfall.
I think there must be some fandom though, otherwise they’d have skipped it while they’re doing the HD remakes. I wouldn’t consider it as disliked as say Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (which is why they skipped a 3DS remake of that particular entry I think).

I don’t think a game necessarily needs to be beloved for people to like certain characters either. I didn’t really love BotW but I still like Riju, Mipha and a few others, so I think dislike for a game automatically equals dislike for its characters isn’t really a fair assumption.

Also I refer you back to my comment the other day about Midna’s reveal in Hyrule Warriors. If that’s not fan support, people wasted an awful lot of energy cheering and screaming...

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I would agree with Chrom had fire emblem not already got Robin and Lucinda because three characters from one game in a series where the characters change every time is pretty excessive. I think another problem is why is a smaller fandom’s love for a particular character more worth pursuing than a larger fanbase’s?

Like I say, I’m probably about as far out of the fire emblem fan base as it’s possible to be, but I loved the Metroid Prime series but knew the Metroid series as a whole is not as beloved as some series, in Japan particularly these days. Pretty sure that and Other M were the reason it’s taken so long to get MP4.

As a purely “they were easy to add as echos” standpoint, I can understand. Although I wish Dark Samus was her own character because her AT in Wii U/3DS was much more unique.

I will point out that that’s pretty much the reaction I would have if Tingle was added. Extreme rage, because there are other much more popular characters to choose from. Whereas Bayonetta does have a substantial cult following. Apparently the Switch version of Bayonetta 2 did best in the US so there are obviously fans...

See, when I consider Midna, I would see her as the embodiment of a perfect companion character in the Zelda series (and I’m sure I’m not alone) but our values aren’t as important as others’ or so it seems.
well you know how it is, different rules for just about every character's inclusion and different series. i mean there have been a few instances of characters getting in over more popular ones

must you do this every time twilight princess comes up?

I think there must be some fandom though, otherwise they’d have skipped it while they’re doing the HD remakes. I wouldn’t consider it as disliked as say Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (which is why they skipped a 3DS remake of that particular entry I think).

I don’t think a game necessarily needs to be beloved for people to like certain characters either. I didn’t really love BotW but I still like Riju, Mipha and a few others, so I think dislike for a game automatically equals dislike for its characters isn’t really a fair assumption.

Also I refer you back to my comment the other day about Midna’s reveal in Hyrule Warriors. If that’s not fan support, people wasted an awful lot of energy cheering and screaming...
i think they just assumes everyone must hate tp because they do despite that every time its brought up people are lining up to disagreeing with them rather than agree

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Metroid fans wanted Ridley but more than anything, they really just wanted another rep for their series. I honestly believe when Ridley was deconfirmed as a stage harzard in Smash 4, a certain amount of Metroid fans gave up on him and voted for Dark Samus regarding Sakurai's thoughts about his size and how difficult it would be to implement his moveset and size to the game as a character. I honestly believe a lot of people thought "If I can't have Ridley, I will take Dark Samus."
Doesn’t hurt that the Dark Samus AT in 4 was a lot like Magnus and Saki and a couple of others where you see them and be like “Okay, I see some of your attacks and specials, why can’t I play as you?”

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
well you know how it is, different rules for just about every character's inclusion and different series. i mean there have been a few instances of characters getting in over more popular ones
Yeah I get that. Although I will admit, I do feel a bit jaded that a lot of Sakurai’s faves get fairly good treatment (I wonder if the only reason Kirby doesn’t get more is it’d look a bit too obvious). Makes me wonder if Zelda would have gotten more characters if Sakurai had got to make a title in the series (can’t remember where I heard it but I’m sure he had wanted to make one at some point).

It just feels like when they advertise Smash as “all inclusive” of Nintendo franchises (and now outsiders too), some get more inclusion than others. I know that inevitably, there’s always gonna be some section of the fan base who feel this way, but it just seems to me that considering how big Zelda is, it feels laughable that it’s fanbase is one which repeatedly gets a bit of the short end of the stick.

Again, not that I’m saying other fanbases don’t get that treatment sometimes, but Zelda has now had 2 or 3 games with no unique character additions and I can’t think of another franchise which has experienced the same treatment. Perhaps Mother? But that’s all I can think of off the top of my head. Maybe ROB or G&W but I don’t see what other options they’d have...

Lenidem

Smash Lord
The Donkey Kong serie got no one in Melee, and Diddy not being there felt really wierd (he was the most obvious "should be there" with Wario, in my opinion). He arrived in Brawl, but then again, no one in Smash 4. Only now, they have reached a total of three fully unique characters... which is exactly the same as Zelda.

Speaking about Tingle, I have nothing against him. Not saying that I'm a fan, but he's actually on my Triforce of personal most-wanted Zelda newcomers, after Skull Kid and on par with Tetra.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Plus wasn’t she the top request on the fighter ballot in the EU?
*Among realizable characters

The ballot was heavily rigged from the start, they had been working on Bayonetta since before the ballot even started. There is datamined evidence of that in Smash 4. I'm pretty sure they just used the ballot to see who was more popular between Cloud and Bayonetta, lol.

Obviously they used the Smash Ballot results a lot more in Ultimate, such as King K Rool, who ACTUALLY won the fighter ballot. Source: literally everything.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah I get that. Although I will admit, I do feel a bit jaded that a lot of Sakurai’s faves get fairly good treatment (I wonder if the only reason Kirby doesn’t get more is it’d look a bit too obvious). Makes me wonder if Zelda would have gotten more characters if Sakurai had got to make a title in the series (can’t remember where I heard it but I’m sure he had wanted to make one at some point).

It just feels like when they advertise Smash as “all inclusive” of Nintendo franchises (and now outsiders too), some get more inclusion than others. I know that inevitably, there’s always gonna be some section of the fan base who feel this way, but it just seems to me that considering how big Zelda is, it feels laughable that it’s fanbase is one which repeatedly gets a bit of the short end of the stick.

Again, not that I’m saying other fanbases don’t get that treatment sometimes, but Zelda has now had 2 or 3 games with no unique character additions and I can’t think of another franchise which has experienced the same treatment. Perhaps Mother? But that’s all I can think of off the top of my head. Maybe ROB or G&W but I don’t see what other options they’d have...
most suspect the reason we dont get any more kirby characters is cause hes representing his kirbys games, with his trio

im not sure if many would disagree with you there, what started off as a game about nintendo all stars is still missing a few nintendo all stars (at least 4 who i think of all stars im sure i had a fifth but i cant remember who it was) and i agree it doesnt seem fair that zelda doesnt get a little more when its one of nintendos biggest. but at least we still get some other stuff here and there.

though if things were fairly based on series success wed have more animal crossing characters than fire emblem

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
The Donkey Kong serie got no one in Melee, and Diddy not being there felt really wierd (he was the most obvious "should be there" with Wario, in my opinion). He arrived in Brawl, but then again, no one in Smash 4. Only now, they have reached a total of three fully unique characters... which is exactly the same as Zelda.
Like I say, I’m not denying that other series miss out sometimes. My point was that Zelda got its unique characters back in melee and we haven’t had one since. I know it took some time for DK to get as many characters, but one fighter every couple of games or so beats no characters for 3 games in my opinion.

*Among realizable characters

The ballot was heavily rigged from the start, they had been working on Bayonetta since before the ballot even started. There is datamined evidence of that in Smash 4. I'm pretty sure they just used the ballot to see who was more popular between Cloud and Bayonetta, lol.
See now, I’ve heard people say the ballot was rigged but because I never dipped on the dlc, I didn’t pursue it any further. So is it confirmed that all dlc characters were in development before the ballot? I would assume so if Bayonetta was as she was one of the last released. Please forgive my lamentable ignorance lol.

Oh and fogbadge fogbadge , I completely agree that Zelda does get things like stages, music, items, etc. It just irks me when some people are like: “you should be grateful you get this, that and the other, characters aren’t everything.” Then you say if the situation were reversed, they’d be totally ok with it? And quite often you just get a lame “it’s not the same” response. Also quite agree that if series were represented using sales figures alone, Pokemon as an example would probably have loads more characters for a start.

I am grateful for near enough all Zelda content added to Smash, but I’d like to be one of those people overjoyed because their favourite series got a new character for a change. If like a few people I know you’re more willing to play as characters from particular series (not saying that’s how you should play by any means), it can be frustrating when it starts to feel like every Smash game is the same. I do tend to play as mainly Zelda characters myself but I do dip in and out of other franchises. It just stops the Zelda series representation feeling fresh with no new reps for so long. Although on the other hand, Ultimate is probably the freshest the Zelda series has felt for a long time but that’s down to the cosmetic changes, in my opinion.

Again, there are always some tweaks to characters but they’re often so marginal that only very in depth players really notice them. Of course, sometimes there are more obvious changes, like Link’s clawshot being retired in Ultimate.

Sorry all my posts are walls of text. I always end up writing a short post, then thinking of more stuff... XD

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Like I say, I’m not denying that other series miss out sometimes. My point was that Zelda got its unique characters back in melee and we haven’t had one since. I know it took some time for DK to get as many characters, but one fighter every couple of games or so beats no characters for 3 games in my opinion.

See now, I’ve heard people say the ballot was rigged but because I never dipped on the dlc, I didn’t pursue it any further. So is it confirmed that all dlc characters were in development before the ballot? I would assume so if Bayonetta was as she was one of the last released. Please forgive my lamentable ignorance lol.

Oh and fogbadge fogbadge , I completely agree that Zelda does get things like stages, music, items, etc. It just irks me when some people are like: “you should be grateful you get this, that and the other, characters aren’t everything.” Then you say if the situation were reversed, they’d be totally ok with it? And quite often you just get a lame “it’s not the same” response. Also quite agree that if series were represented using sales figures alone, Pokemon as an example would probably have loads more characters for a start.

I am grateful for near enough all Zelda content added to Smash, but I’d like to be one of those people overjoyed because their favourite series got a new character for a change. If like a few people I know you’re more willing to play as characters from particular series (not saying that’s how you should play by any means), it can be frustrating when it starts to feel like every Smash game is the same. I do tend to play as mainly Zelda characters myself but I do dip in and out of other franchises. It just stops the Zelda series representation feeling fresh with no new reps for so long. Although on the other hand, Ultimate is probably the freshest the Zelda series has felt for a long time but that’s down to the cosmetic changes, in my opinion.

Again, there are always some tweaks to characters but they’re often so marginal that only very in depth players really notice them. Of course, sometimes there are more obvious changes, like Link’s clawshot being retired in Ultimate.

Sorry all my posts are walls of text. I always end up writing a short post, then thinking of more stuff... XD
Nintendo themselves haven't literally said it, but they won't ever. We just know that Bayonetta was in development at the very latest a week after the Ballot started. Considering the time it takes to negotiate with other companies for third parties, we can safely assume it started before that.

Even ignoring that datamine stuff that showed early Bayonetta data, there's just some logical deduction you can do. Sakurai has said before that it takes a year to make a character from start to finish. Bayonetta was released less than a year after the ballot STARTED. Let alone after the ballot ended. There's no way in hell they counted the votes from the Ballot and then made an entire character in like 3 months, lol.

Lenidem

Smash Lord

I was not correcting you. But would the situation have been better if Zelda and Sheik had arrived one in Brawl and the other in Ultimate, with only some clones in between? That said, yes, it's abnormal that our last new characters are from the Game Cube - when they were one...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

i do get it, i dont think anyone would disagree that playable characters are the best form of representation in smash and while we have had a tone of other zelda stuff here and there its hard not to feel a little disappointed that we havent had anyone new in ages

all we can do i guess is continue to show our over all love for the series and hope it gets through to sakurai

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I agree, of course. On the other hand, I really enjoy our numerous stages, and the best item ever: the cucco!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
As an avid Midna supporter (and one that is open to the likes of Impa and Skull Kid as well)

You can add me as a supporter!

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
I was not correcting you. But would the situation have been better if Zelda and Sheik had arrived one in Brawl and the other in Ultimate, with only some clones in between? That said, yes, it's abnormal that our last new characters are from the Game Cube - when they were one...
I’ll admit, there is only one thing I could see potentially improving on the current situation if we’d got a steady drop of characters instead of the flood in melee: I think if we had only gotten Zelda/Sheik in melee but Ganondorf was held back until brawl or 4, we may have ended up with a Ganondorf who feels a bit more indicative of his series. But hey ho, what might have been.

What do people think of the idea I’ve seen floating about for a while now, where Ganondorf’s current moveset (although now he has the sword, it probably wouldn’t work) could be passed to Black Shadow of F-Zero so it’d fit nicely with Capt. Falcon, then Ganondorf got a complete overhaul? I get people would be upset at Ganondorf changing but the moveset would still be there, just under a different name... That being said, I could support the idea of a Ganon character, but I reckon people would still complain about Ganondorf :/, plus he’s Ganondorf’s final smash and I can’t think of anything more fitting to be that move than that...

PokéfreakofBACON PokéfreakofBACON : I do like deductive thinking and logical assertions but unfortunately if you don’t think about something full stop, you don’t get that far lol.

I was just thinking, what would people think if they could make Cucco into a playable character? Cuccos have been in almost every game, bar Wind Waker I believe, is popular with the fanbase and I’d just love seeing the final smash: CUCCO FRENZY!!!! XP

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I was just thinking, what would people think if they could make Cucco into a playable character? Cuccos have been in almost every game, bar Wind Waker I believe, is popular with the fanbase and I’d just love seeing the final smash: CUCCO FRENZY!!!! XP
id love it

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Don't know how I haven't posted in this thread considering Zelda is my favorite video game series. A unique Impa is my pipe dream most wanted, but I'll take any Zelda character at this point. After Impa, my other picks would be Ganon, Tingle, Midna, Skull Kid, and Tetra.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I’ll admit, there is only one thing I could see potentially improving on the current situation if we’d got a steady drop of characters instead of the flood in melee: I think if we had only gotten Zelda/Sheik in melee but Ganondorf was held back until brawl or 4, we may have ended up with a Ganondorf who feels a bit more indicative of his series. But hey ho, what might have been.

What do people think of the idea I’ve seen floating about for a while now, where Ganondorf’s current moveset (although now he has the sword, it probably wouldn’t work) could be passed to Black Shadow of F-Zero so it’d fit nicely with Capt. Falcon, then Ganondorf got a complete overhaul? I get people would be upset at Ganondorf changing but the moveset would still be there, just under a different name... That being said, I could support the idea of a Ganon character, but I reckon people would still complain about Ganondorf :/, plus he’s Ganondorf’s final smash and I can’t think of anything more fitting to be that move than that...

PokéfreakofBACON PokéfreakofBACON : I do like deductive thinking and logical assertions but unfortunately if you don’t think about something full stop, you don’t get that far lol.

Yeah, I get that lol. If they put in any of my most wanted I wouldn't care how strange the circumstances were I'd just take it and be happy.

Freduardo

Smash Champion

I would be very happy playing as Cucco.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
as much as i would love skull kid..., I honestly want a BotW character (that is not link) specially either a gerudo, or a ruto or a zora...

Personally I love the idea of Urbosa or Mipha, or even Daruk but i'm not a super fan of Revali... and sidon while amazing, wasn't that much stellar...

The problem with teh champions is that they have a complicated balance... and i don't think that they would make it back into BotW2...

but... there is a character that have accompanied us in our adventure, cannonicaly could appear in BotW2 and is linked to the actual 4 champions, plus is kinda central to the DLC chapter...

None other than everyone favourite bard Kass!

Besides he could channel the champions spells for his specials, much like Zelda inherited Link's spells form OoT. and in a way also represent teh four champions :D... plus the guy was always a welcoming sight whenever you heard his theme out there.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I should probably mention that on the Skull kid support thread, we're trying to reach 300 supporters, so if you're not on it, come to thread and let me know you want to be on it :)

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
as much as i would love skull kid..., I honestly want a BotW character (that is not link) specially either a gerudo, or a ruto or a zora...

Personally I love the idea of Urbosa or Mipha, or even Daruk but i'm not a super fan of Revali... and sidon while amazing, wasn't that much stellar...

The problem with teh champions is that they have a complicated balance... and i don't think that they would make it back into BotW2...

but... there is a character that have accompanied us in our adventure, cannonicaly could appear in BotW2 and is linked to the actual 4 champions, plus is kinda central to the DLC chapter...

None other than everyone favourite bard Kass!

Besides he could channel the champions spells for his specials, much like Zelda inherited Link's spells form OoT. and in a way also represent teh four champions :D... plus the guy was always a welcoming sight whenever you heard his theme out there.
Mipha is my most wanted Zelda character right now, maybe tied with classic Ganon. I definitely agree with you on another BotW rep. Link's design being based on the game doesn't really feel all that much like it's repping (what many people consider to be) the best game in the series so far.

Kass, though? I hadn't really thought of him being playable. I don't think he could reasonably use the Champion's abilities, he has nothing to do with them really. He's just a travelling bard. As cool as he is as a character, he just doesn't really seem like he has any moveset potential to me. All he does is play the accordion. Would he use his accordion to bash people's heads in? lol

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Mipha is my most wanted Zelda character right now, maybe tied with classic Ganon. I definitely agree with you on another BotW rep. Link's design being based on the game doesn't really feel all that much like it's repping (what many people consider to be) the best game in the series so far.

Kass, though? I hadn't really thought of him being playable. I don't think he could reasonably use the Champion's abilities, he has nothing to do with them really. He's just a travelling bard. As cool as he is as a character, he just doesn't really seem like he has any moveset potential to me. All he does is play the accordion. Would he use his accordion to bash people's heads in? lol
He can lift my old KK slider moveset and have songs that cause different status affects (poison, shock, burn) AND smack people with his accordion.

I should probably mention that on the Skull kid support thread, we're trying to reach 300 supporters, so if you're not on it, come to thread and let me know you want to be on it :)
Sure, add me on if I’m not there.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
He can lift my old KK slider moveset and have songs that cause different status affects (poison, shock, burn) AND smack people with his accordion.
Dunno, i think that he could simply pull a shiek or zelda and have a moveset that flows well and make sense (he is a Rito, so while not an exceptional archer, he could have a couple of aerials with bows and arrows) use the accordion for taunts and victory posses (a sustainable taunt where he plays zelda songs while looking at the horizon), steal a couple of moves from link for the BotW feels, (Zelda style) and as long as he is animated brimming with personailty, people will forget that he have never slapped someone with his wings before. (instead of going full banjo F smash with teh accordeon)

His final smash could be a quick montage of him deciphering a sheika clue, and summoning a sheika shrine in the opponent.

Top Bottom