• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Legend of Zelda Rep Support Thread

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I've always seen Majora as a female demon, but yes, as a whole gender doesn't matter too much when it comes to Majora, she's not gonna hook up with anyone.

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
imo my first pick for a new Zelda character would be Impa, but like, old hag Impa from BotW, maybe even with alts based off her appearances in classic Zeldas, but maybe not. My main gripe with young Impa is that she's just waaaaaaay to similar to Sheik to the point of almost complete redundancy, they're both tall, slender, young ninja woman with a blue and gray outfit and white hair.

I think BotW Impa would really stand out in the roster design wise, a lot of thanks to her big ol' hat. She could bring some unique stuff with her in the form of BotW's relics, and, being an woman that still demonstrates agility and finesse in her old age is a dynamic yet to be seen in Smash.

I imagine a lot of her moves could still be ripped from Sheik but I'd hope they touch them up a bit to make her moves come off as more refined to demonstrate that she really knows what she's doing. I imagine playstyle wise she could also be more cunning, using the relics and/or some snazzy ninja tools to get some neat setups.

ZelDan

Smash Master
If Majora was gendered, I would think female, because I strongly recall Majora's Wrath making more feminine-sounding sounds when you battled her or it.

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
The only problem with assuming Majora is female due to voice sounds is that Zelda has a history of non-Ganondorf villains who “sound” feminine, yet are definitely male, Yuga and Vaati (Minish Cap version). I actually wonder if maybe the mask absorbs some of the personality of it’s wearer, Skull Kid’s scream is quite shrill, so that could make some sense. I just thought that would be a neat idea. That way, the mask originally would be more like the race that created it and it could change over time.

Another cool idea along that train of thought is that that’s how the mask possesses people who wear it. It drains their self until they hit a point they can’t fulfil what the mask would see as their main goals, kind of how the mask dumped Skull Kid when he heard the four giants’ calls. Perhaps he changed his mind about destroying Termina when they returned...

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
There are tons of potentially great characters you can pick from Zelda, from one-offs like Midna and Skull Kid to long-standing characters like Impa. I'd be happy with anyone being picked. I won't lie though, my personal preference is Tingle and he'd be the one that would excite me the most.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
but its not a force of nature, it was made by an ancient tribe who used it in their hexing rituals that later gained sentience
Yes, I know. What I meant is: it's like asking if a thunderstorm or an earthquake is male or female. It's not human nor animal, so it doesn't have to belong to one gender (even it can in some mythologies).

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
I had a Revali thread that sadly didn't really kick off... I'd like to be added to supporters and have Revali added.
Him beeing an archer, maybe also a spear weilder, and the great air mobility I assume he would have do make great potential for a fun and unique moveset.

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I wanted to sound people out about an idea I had about Link’s dash attack. Am I the only one who thinks it’s odd that even though Link leaves the ground when performing the attack, at the edges of ledges, he meets an invisible barrier? Wouldn’t it make more sense if the attack continued over the edge? Like how you can use his jump attack in game in midair or over a cliff, etc.

Now I know that would leave you open to falling off the stage but if the move cooled down after a seconds, you could still possibly recover from it, then it wouldn’t be so bad.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Adjusting speed and frame data really isn't something you can consider a factor, it's 100% the same skeleton thing. See: Ken. Doctor Mario isn't an echo of Mario even though he definitely should be, but it's exclusively because his skeleton is just slightly different. It has to do with the Cape/Doctor Sheet and the lack of FLUDD, mostly. It's really dumb.
No Dr.Mario shouldn’t be considered an Echo. Even in Smash 4, they made him more different from Mario than Lucina and Dark Pit are different from their counterparts. In Melee however, they are the closest thing to being what is now considered an Echo Fighter maybe with the exception of Roy. And even then they had differences in speed and weight.

Ken is an absolute exception here and I think he’s more or less a honorary Echo because that’s how he started as a fighter in Street Fighter. Ken is the first ever clone / Echo Fighter in fighting games, it’s probable it’s just a nod to this. I personally think the Street Fighter characters are as different as the Animal Crossing characters, but Isabelle isn’t an Echo while she could be considered one.

It’s complex but there’s some rules to it.

Also it’s a shame we talk more about Echo Fighters here than the upcoming BotW sequel.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I mean there's not a lot to speculate about BotW so far.

I mean beyond re-hydrated Ganondorf fanart.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I don't get why I keep seeing Ganondorf being turned into a good guy by some fans.... I guess it's because they find "re-hydrated" Ganondorf attractive? His design doesn't even fit how we see him in the Breath of the Wild 2 trailer even restored.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
In Skyward Sword, it was revealed that Ganondorf is partly the result of Demise's curse toward whoever carries the blood of the goddess Hylia and the spirit of the hero. I didn't like the explanation because it retroactively took some agency away from Ganon / Ganondorf's actions, but the point is, a lot of fans like myself would like to see Ganondorf "break free" from Demise's curse and maybe become a good guy.

There's an implication throughout the series that the cycle of Link and Zelda fighting Ganondorf or whoever the resident villain is over and over again is being consciously perpetuated by someone, maybe even the 3 Goddesses themselves. I can see Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf fighting them to end the cycle, or just Demise themselves if Nintendo thinks fighting the Goddesses would be too Shin Megami Tensei for their tastes. It would also continue the overall design philosophy of Breath of the Wild, which was to break from series traditions.

As for rehydrated Ganondorf, well, a lot of people apparently think a skeleton with a long, luscious mane on it could signify that they were attractive in life, so fans are seemingly running with that lol. My only problem is that there isn't more fan art emphasizing how good looking the other Ganondorfs were, especially Twilight Princess' (doesn't help that the Smash 4 version of TP Ganondorf didn't look right and lacked enough detail on his face).

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
My take on the whole thing is if Nintendo ever decided to make Good Guy Ganondorf a thing, the only way I would accept it is if they managed to split him into his demon form made manifest...
1564111608559.png
And his human form, uncorrupted by Demise.
1564111707000.png

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ganondorf willing to break the curse isn’t as weird as you’d think. It happens a lot in plots, and if Zelda is becoming playable this time as is speculated, they might try next with Ganondorf? In Wind Waker he had quite some sane moments, concerning about his Gerudo tribe for example, a thing that was completely absent in Ocarina and Twilight.

I also think there might be a sort of rebellion theme in a future Zelda game, seeing as Hyrule’s Royal Family always made some questionable choices, as the banishing of the Sheikah before Ocarina of Time, and their technology before Breath of the Wild. They seem a little.. xenophobic at times. I guess the Zora and Gorons are lucky to live on their own, and not really mingle with the Hylians all too much, but I sort of think the Gerudo might’ve been banished or killed of in high numbers in the Twilight Princess time line.

I dunno maybe I think a little too deeply into this but who’s to say the Hero always has to be Hylian, the holders of each Triforce part every time has to be the same? What if we once get to control the fullness of the Triforce?

I don’t think these themes will be addressed in BotW2, but maybe set future themes in stone? What if the malice under Hyrule Castle would corrupt the whole of the Royal Family for example?

Anyway, I still hope to see the Sheikah still be around in this sequel. Especially Impa. I like to see more about the Sheikah and Yiga conflict of the past. It’s a great theme for future games even. And if Ganondorf’s corrupted body gets killed off, and the Calamity version of him being sealed away completely, maybe he can finally incarnate as a good person? And maybe the malice will corrupt someone else in the future? The Yiga leader, the King of Hyrule, maybe the return of Demise? There’s a lot of things possible honestly.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ganondorf willing to break the curse isn’t as weird as you’d think. It happens a lot in plots, and if Zelda is becoming playable this time as is speculated, they might try next with Ganondorf? In Wind Waker he had quite some sane moments, concerning about his Gerudo tribe for example, a thing that was completely absent in Ocarina and Twilight.

I also think there might be a sort of rebellion theme in a future Zelda game, seeing as Hyrule’s Royal Family always made some questionable choices, as the banishing of the Sheikah before Ocarina of Time, and their technology before Breath of the Wild. They seem a little.. xenophobic at times. I guess the Zora and Gorons are lucky to live on their own, and not really mingle with the Hylians all too much, but I sort of think the Gerudo might’ve been banished or killed of in high numbers in the Twilight Princess time line.

I dunno maybe I think a little too deeply into this but who’s to say the Hero always has to be Hylian, the holders of each Triforce part every time has to be the same? What if we once get to control the fullness of the Triforce?

I don’t think these themes will be addressed in BotW2, but maybe set future themes in stone? What if the malice under Hyrule Castle would corrupt the whole of the Royal Family for example?

Anyway, I still hope to see the Sheikah still be around in this sequel. Especially Impa. I like to see more about the Sheikah and Yiga conflict of the past. It’s a great theme for future games even. And if Ganondorf’s corrupted body gets killed off, and the Calamity version of him being sealed away completely, maybe he can finally incarnate as a good person? And maybe the malice will corrupt someone else in the future? The Yiga leader, the King of Hyrule, maybe the return of Demise? There’s a lot of things possible honestly.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
guys ganon isnt cursed by demise's hatred he is demise's hatred. if demise had never sworn that his hatred would plague hyrule then ganon would never have existed.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Hadn't paid attention to this.
The reason that I asked is because I saw a video on Majora's Mask. I've seen people refer to Majora as "her". So, It made me wonder.
In English I would use ''it''. In French there no gender neutral pronoun, so I use the masculine form for two reasons: in French, ''masque'' in masculine; and the third form of the final boss is called ''Magicien de Majora'', which is also masculine (the feminine version is ''magicienne'').

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
guys ganon isnt cursed by demise's hatred he is demise's hatred. if demise had never sworn that his hatred would plague hyrule then ganon would never have existed.
This is how I’ve always viewed the cycle. Ganondorf/Ganon was created by Demise. As he states: An incarnation of his hatred. I don’t think it just happened to choose Ganondorf. I don’t think he would exist if not for Demise, but that’s just my opinion.

Personally, I don’t like how Ganondorf/Ganon was basically rewritten durin the last few moments of SS. I kind of liked the idea that the gods of Hyrule were kind of playing a game with the triforce trio as the main pieces they had chosen and seeing how things play out.

There are instances where he does seem to be a bit less selfish (such as in Wind Waker, apparently wishing to give relief to his people in a barren desert), but even then when the triforce is complete, he seems to revert back to being obsessed with gaining power and dominion. I mean, he wishes: GIVE HYRULE TO ME! If he could genuinely be a good person, wouldn’t he ask for something like quench the drought/desert that plagues the Gerudo people?

I just can’t see any way he could reincarnate as a good guy (at least not without making things very messy story wise). I suppose the only way for that to happen would be if Demise’s curse was broken while Ganondorf was still alive (and even then, that wouldn’t guarantee he’d change). If it happened after Ganondorf’s destruction in any game, he would never reappear again as that’s the effect of the curse isn’t it?

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I would prefer that we get introduced to a whole new male Gerudo. Ganondorf being sealed away could mean that a new male Gerudo could be alive during Ganondorf's escape/release. He could help Link and Zelda; giving aid to them. He could even confront Ganondorf himself and the two could exchange banter over what a "true" King of the Gerudo's should be. He could be very young or even quite old. Either about as young as Riju or as old as Impa. Or both He and Ganondorf could be about the same age.

I don't want Ganondorf to become good. I do love redemption stories but I don't think it fits Ganondorf.

On an unrelated note; the "re-hydrated" Ganondorf kind of looks like a genie.

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
I would prefer that we get introduced to a whole new male Gerudo.
I think the only issue with that would be that Ganondorf would have to be completely dead (which doesn’t seem to happen often, or at least is only a temporary thing, as he gets revived so many times across all the timelines). I know he’s sealed away a lot too but I don’t think that would allow for a new male. The fact that there hasn’t been a single male Gerudo since the Demon King over 10,000 years ago (at least during BotW) would certainly suggest that. It sounds like one could not exist with the other.

To be fair, during a period before Ganondorf is resurrected (I don’t think sealed away would count), it should be feasible that a new male Gerudo would appear.

Thinking more on it, I actually quite like the idea of a new male Gerudo in some ways. Imagine a new male is born into the Gerudo. He would most likely be heavily shunned and disliked by the tribe (who still bear huge resentment that the Demon King took the guise of the last male Gerudo). That could actually be quite a cool Zelda story, with Ganondorf dead (albeit temporarily as I keep repeating... sorry) a new evil could threaten Hyrule, even if again they are just trying to revive Ganondorf (I’d personally like to see Kotake and Koume return in a 3D Zelda game, they’ve died before but I’m uncertain if there is scope for their return). Do they just die in separate timelines and thus can’t be alive in others?

Anyway this new male Gerudo, being mistreated and despised (for fear of a repeat Ganondorf situation), could leave the Gerudo homeland and venture out into Hyrule and perhaps by becoming a successor to the legendary hero earns the respect of his tribe and all of Hyrule in the process. Perhaps the game and story could be akin to Majora’s Mask crosses with Link’s Awakening: It could be set in a dream Hyrule where Link gets to truly feel how Ganondorf is despised by those around him, but finds that through his journey, he is able to overcome these things when Ganondorf never could or really cares as all he wants is power...

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i dont get this whole "re-hydrated" thing. i get that hes shrivelled up but hes a corpse, re-hydrated doesnt make much sense as a description

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
The problem I have with believing that Ganondorf has to be dead in order for there to be another Gerudo male is it suggests that the Gerudo would believe that Ganondorf is the only Gerudo male born to the Gerudo. They would assume that after Ganondorf's death he would just come back in the next 100 years. If they truly believed that; it would either mean abuse, neglect or even attempted murder when that Gerudo male is born. I mean, if people thought that some evil person would absolutely be born with say red hair; and only one out of every hundred thousand would be born with red hair; there would be a lot of dead red haired children.

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
The problem I have with believing that Ganondorf has to be dead in order for there to be another Gerudo male is it suggests that the Gerudo would believe that Ganondorf is the only Gerudo male born to the Gerudo. They would assume that after Ganondorf's death he would just come back in the next 100 years. If they truly believed that; it would either mean abuse, neglect or even attempted murder when that Gerudo male is born. I mean, if people thought that some evil person would absolutely be born with say red hair; and only one out of every hundred thousand would be born with red hair; there would be a lot of dead red haired children.
That’s not quite what I was saying. I’m basing the fact that he’s not dead in BotW because Urbosa specifically states there hasn’t been another male since Ganondorf in OoT. This would certainly suggest the reason is because Ganondorf cannot be reincarnated on account of not being dead. I think without evidence to the contrary, this is all we’ve got to go on.

I think it would definitely make sense that they would believe that Ganondorf would simply be born again every 100 years if he died. However, we haven’t had any extended durations in the games when (a) Ganondorf was killed/not sealed AND (b) the Gerudo exist or a new male Gerudo appears. I feel that until that happens in a story, Urbosa’s comment is the only evidence on the subject, which is why I think Ganondorf would have to be dead. Otherwise there would have been other males born every 100 years since he was sealed under Hyrule castle.

I get your analogy with the red hair but don’t all Gerudo have red hair? I don’t think it’s fair to assume all males would be killed and as we’ve got only one Gerudo male example to go on: Ganondorf. I think it makes perfect sense that they’d be apprehensive, even scared of a new male, in case they either were Ganondorf reincarnated or they became like him...

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Incarnations of Demise aren't always Gerudo men. In fact they're usually not. Gerudo men being born every 100 years or so is completely unrelated to Ganondorf/Demise. Ganondorf in OoT was a gerudo man, and it just so happened that he was also the incarnation of Demise. This kinda stuck for a few games, which is why we kept getting Demise incarnations named Ganondorf that were Gerudo men, but there's nothing requiring it other than Ocarina of Time nostalgia. In Breath of the Wild, "Calamity Ganon" is just the incarnation of Demise's hatred for that era of time, it could have manifested in several ways.

Basically, Gerudo Men can be born and not be Ganondorf, because Demise's curse has nothing to do with the Gerudo.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Incarnations of Demise aren't always Gerudo men. In fact they're usually not. Gerudo men being born every 100 years or so is completely unrelated to Ganondorf/Demise. Ganondorf in OoT was a gerudo man, and it just so happened that he was also the incarnation of Demise. This kinda stuck for a few games, which is why we kept getting Demise incarnations named Ganondorf that were Gerudo men, but there's nothing requiring it other than Ocarina of Time nostalgia. In Breath of the Wild, "Calamity Ganon" is just the incarnation of Demise's hatred for that era of time, it could have manifested in several ways.

Basically, Gerudo Men can be born and not be Ganondorf, because Demise's curse has nothing to do with the Gerudo.
to be fair most incarnations of ganondorf are the same one from oot, id need to double check but i think its just fsa and botw that arent

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice

I think pre OoT, there could most certainly have been Gerudo males who weren’t Ganondorf. After all, it wasn’t until OoT (at least currently) that we first saw this form.

While I get where you’re coming from, I would think the only other manifestation of Demise’s curse was Ganon (who is not a Gerudo obviously). However in BotW, Calamity Ganon is most likely just the form that Ganondorf can manifest while sealed under Hyrule castle (as in the sequel teaser). Add his still being alive to the fact that there hasn’t been another Gerudo male in over 10,000 years certainly seems 2 show a strong relationship between Ganondorf, the Gerudo and the cycle of men being born every 100 years. If there had still been Gerudo men being born, I would completely agree with you. However the way it stands seems to suggest a Link (terrible pun) between Demise’s curse, Ganondorf and the Gerudo. I mean the stone Ganondorf is bent over and his jewellery have the Gerudo symbol as well.

I’m not saying you’re wrong as it’s all mostly theoretical. I haven’t got round to reading Hyrule Historian or any of that series yet, so I’m only going by what I learn from the games.

Also, just an aside but I always thought the Ganondorf we see in games was actually all the same person? Correct me if I’m wrong. Wind Waker Ganondorf is definitely OoT Ganondorf and I think the same applies to TP. I think it’s exactly as fogbadge fogbadge says: even the majority of Ganon reincarnations are the same Ganondorf. It’s only Four Swords Adventures that isn’t I believe. I would agree about BotW Ganon but now having seen what seems to be TP Ganondorf under Hyrule castle, I’m almost convinced Calamity Ganon/Dark Beast Ganon from BotW are just the forms he could take without breaking his seal. I.e. With all the leaking malice, he made the only body he could, hence why Dark Beast Ganon in BotW wasn’t the regular Dark Beast we’ve seen before because he gave up on trying to reincarnate and just took the form of pure hatred and malice. Personally, I would think Ganon would be too smart to “give up” on reincarnation, as it’s the biggest weapon he has against the hero and princess whom he is bound to. Although apparently (I’ve been watching some Zelda theories on youtube) it’s suggested that Ganon lost his OoT intelligence, at least in the downfall timeline after the botched ressurection by Twinrova in the Oracle games. So perhaps this is why he’s not smart enough to stick with his trump card. I always imagine Ganon like Ganondorf at the end of OoT: “Yeah, you beat me, but I’ll be back”.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
You know what I want to see, I want to see Ganondorf break free of his curse, no longer corrupted he chooses his own destiny.

And then he brutally murders Link or Zelda because he's an evil son of a ***** and no Demise ain't changing that.

Maybe have him pretend to be good though, I like a good manipulative Ganondorf.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think pre OoT, there could most certainly have been Gerudo males who weren’t Ganondorf. After all, it wasn’t until OoT (at least currently) that we first saw this form.

While I get where you’re coming from, I would think the only other manifestation of Demise’s curse was Ganon (who is not a Gerudo obviously). However in BotW, Calamity Ganon is most likely just the form that Ganondorf can manifest while sealed under Hyrule castle (as in the sequel teaser). Add his still being alive to the fact that there hasn’t been another Gerudo male in over 10,000 years certainly seems 2 show a strong relationship between Ganondorf, the Gerudo and the cycle of men being born every 100 years. If there had still been Gerudo men being born, I would completely agree with you. However the way it stands seems to suggest a Link (terrible pun) between Demise’s curse, Ganondorf and the Gerudo. I mean the stone Ganondorf is bent over and his jewellery have the Gerudo symbol as well.

I’m not saying you’re wrong as it’s all mostly theoretical. I haven’t got round to reading Hyrule Historian or any of that series yet, so I’m only going by what I learn from the games.

Also, just an aside but I always thought the Ganondorf we see in games was actually all the same person? Correct me if I’m wrong. Wind Waker Ganondorf is definitely OoT Ganondorf and I think the same applies to TP. I think it’s exactly as fogbadge fogbadge says: even the majority of Ganon reincarnations are the same Ganondorf. It’s only Four Swords Adventures that isn’t I believe. I would agree about BotW Ganon but now having seen what seems to be TP Ganondorf under Hyrule castle, I’m almost convinced Calamity Ganon/Dark Beast Ganon from BotW are just the forms he could take without breaking his seal. I.e. With all the leaking malice, he made the only body he could, hence why Dark Beast Ganon in BotW wasn’t the regular Dark Beast we’ve seen before because he gave up on trying to reincarnate and just took the form of pure hatred and malice. Personally, I would think Ganon would be too smart to “give up” on reincarnation, as it’s the biggest weapon he has against the hero and princess whom he is bound to. Although apparently (I’ve been watching some Zelda theories on youtube) it’s suggested that Ganon lost his OoT intelligence, at least in the downfall timeline after the botched ressurection by Twinrova in the Oracle games. So perhaps this is why he’s not smart enough to stick with his trump card. I always imagine Ganon like Ganondorf at the end of OoT: “Yeah, you beat me, but I’ll be back”.
yep all official comments and in game dialogue mean each one can be traced back to another leading back to oot

You know what I want to see, I want to see Ganondorf break free of his curse, no longer corrupted he chooses his own destiny.

And then he brutally murders Link or Zelda because he's an evil son of a ***** and no Demise ain't changing that.

ganondorf isnt cursed he is the curse

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm down with good guy Ganondorf. It'd be interesting and bring the spice the series needs. Only thing, you'd need a new established villain to replace Ganondorf. Demise is my pick.

Ghirahim not in BoTW2 is an incredibly missed opportunity.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'm down with good guy Ganondorf. It'd be interesting and bring the spice the series needs. Only thing, you'd need a new established villain to replace Ganondorf. Demise is my pick.

Ghirahim not in BoTW2 is an incredibly missed opportunity.
Coalition of ghirahim, Zant, Vaati, Veran, Onox, and Malladus.

Each one gets a dungeon.

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
yep all official comments and in game dialogue mean each one can be traced back to another leading back to oot
I assume you mean except the Four Swords Adventures one? As I’d heard it isn’t obviously linked in. The funny thing is that almost every appearance of Ganon can be traced back to OoT and from there, by extension Demise in Skyward Sword as we haven’t had a title in between yet...

ganondorf isnt cursed he is the curse
See this is exactly why I don’t agree with or like the idea of a good Ganondorf. He IS the incarnation of Demise’s hatred, created to specifically torment Link and Zelda’s bloodlines.

I think the closest we got to a good Ganondorf was in Smash Bros. Brawl and that (a) wasn’t canon and (b) he was more the enemy of my enemy is my friend, as Tabuu threatened everyone so he felt he had no choice but to work with Link and Zelda.

This is why OoT Ganondorf is my favourite incarnation of the character. He’s so manipulative and cunning, tricking Link into opening the entrance to the sacred realm as an example. I also feel that his voice in OoT was the best by far: His gloating scene when he gets into the sacred realm and at the start of the Ganondorf fight is just epic. Wind Waker was a bit too screechy for me although I did kind of like Twilight Princess’ voice as well.

I watched this video on YouTube https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgqg50fiORs and I feel he’s spot on about why Ganondorf became more of a monstrous beast and lost his cunning and intelligence in the downfall timeline. I do find that curious though as even without that he often brings Hyrule to its knees lol. An idea I’ve had about that timeline is couldn’t Ganon use the triforce to regain his manipulative edge? Or perhaps his bonding with Yuga in ALBW would return that side of his character? That’d be cool to see him that way again!

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I assume you mean except the Four Swords Adventures one? As I’d heard it isn’t obviously linked in. The funny thing is that almost every appearance of Ganon can be traced back to OoT and from there, by extension Demise in Skyward Sword as we haven’t had a title in between yet...
yeah barring 4sa, where he is a new version of ganondorf who turns into ganon

and in botw he is seemingly just a force of ganon's raw hatred rather than any specific incarnation

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
yeah barring 4sa, where he is a new version of ganondorf who turns into ganon

and in botw he is seemingly just a force of ganon's raw hatred rather than any specific incarnation
I think I’d still put him under the same Ganon banner, though I get what you’re saying: Calamity/Dark Beast Ganon is a malevolent force of (apparently Ganondorf’s according to the teaser for BotW2) malice. Not explicitly Ganon himself but where he is drawn from is why I’d argue it’s technically the same Ganon. If the new teaser hadn’t featured Ganondorf, I would completely agree that Calamity Ganon wasn’t necessarily the same as OoT Ganondorf, but I get the impression that because all the malice seems to stem from Ganondorf that it’s just a projection of him.

I find it amusing that despite his form being projected/incomplete, he arguably came the closest to taking Hyrule for himself (apart from the downfall timeline again). Maybe it was possessing the guardians that gave him that edge this time?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think I’d still put him under the same Ganon banner, though I get what you’re saying: Calamity/Dark Beast Ganon is a malevolent force of (apparently Ganondorf’s according to the teaser for BotW2) malice. Not explicitly Ganon himself but where he is drawn from is why I’d argue it’s technically the same Ganon. If the new teaser hadn’t featured Ganondorf, I would completely agree that Calamity Ganon wasn’t necessarily the same as OoT Ganondorf, but I get the impression that because all the malice seems to stem from Ganondorf that it’s just a projection of him.

I find it amusing that despite his form being projected/incomplete, he arguably came the closest to taking Hyrule for himself (apart from the downfall timeline again). Maybe it was possessing the guardians that gave him that edge this time?
yeah itll be really curious to see where the story in botw2 goes what with him having comes so close and having recovered from being a mindless force of destruction

Last edited:
Top Bottom