• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Smoom77

Smash Master
Has this desync been invented, or is it just a landing lag desync?

Jump>Immediate Iceblock(like 1/2sec after jumping),iceblock after landing.

I think it's just landing lag?
Another question, or more request. I was playing around with their Nana's spike and I did this awesome combo but I can't recreate it. I was playing a Fox around 20%.

Spike with Nana (no popo, I dunno how) off stage, and fastfell with Popo down>footstooled Fox while he was being spiked.

Can someone help me recreate this? It was so amazing, and I want to see if it can be of any use.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Well it sounds cool but if I understand right, it doesnt happen out of a throw. This makes it a lot more situational since it easy to avoid the spike if its not out of a throw near the edge. But if its out of a throw, this would be a great taunt since the spike usually kills them anyways :)

There are a lot of fluke things like this that happen by chance. The thing is that they will probably never happen again. Take that Kamikaze Nana play at APEX for example. Even if we could replicate it, what are the chances that you land it in game.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Another question, or more request. I was playing around with their Nana's spike and I did this awesome combo but I can't recreate it. I was playing a Fox around 20%.

Spike with Nana (no popo, I dunno how) off stage, and fastfell with Popo down>footstooled Fox while he was being spiked.

Can someone help me recreate this? It was so amazing, and I want to see if it can be of any use.
Pro Top: Popo can't spike.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Im pretty sure youre not supposed to smash the control stick ever when doing the Alt. Fthrow CG.
What I do is tilt the ctick so that Popo throws and Nana barely moves. Then I time the grab and rinse and repeat. Also, I may be wrong but the timing for Popo>Nana and Nana>Popo feels different to me.
What's the equivalent if you use the Wiichuck combo? (Yes, yes, LOL Wiichuck etc.)

zhul4nder

Smash Rookie
Chain grabbing help
So i'm trying to learn to forward chain grab continuously to left or right. I get the first grab, then the nana grab perfectly most of the time but it's the third grab, the one with popo that I almost never get except with bowser. Anyone got any suggestions?

i'm also having quite a bit of trouble working the reverse toss, where i'm tossing back to nana going the other direction.

-edit-

i found this video of some guy chaining with Bthrow > Dthrow and nana is shield grabbing. o.O is that important for that combo?

Gaspa

Smash Cadet
Im pretty sure youre not supposed to smash the control stick ever when doing the Alt. Fthrow CG.
What I do is tilt the ctick so that Popo throws and Nana barely moves. Then I time the grab and rinse and repeat. Also, I may be wrong but the timing for Popo>Nana and Nana>Popo feels different to me.
I just smash the control stick the LAST TIME I'm bthrowing from popo to nana (on lightweights) before I hit them with usmash or fsmash. This way I NEVER mess up my last grab (dunno why, but I never did). Maybe because you press z just at the time your stick hits the side.

And as stated before, the timing IS different, and you HAVE to take it on account when doing b-throw -> b-throw chain.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
just a couple more quick questions, if you guys dont mind...

1. does nana and popo's moves diminish seperately or together?
2. do moves that hit nana and popo at the same time diminish twice as fast?
3. how the hell do you americans get out of grabs so fast? no one in aus does that... what are the correct buttons to mash?

thank you in advance :)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
just a couple more quick questions, if you guys dont mind...

1. does nana and popo's moves diminish seperately or together?
2. do moves that hit nana and popo at the same time diminish twice as fast?
3. how the hell do you americans get out of grabs so fast? no one in aus does that... what are the correct buttons to mash?

thank you in advance :)
1. Separately. They're treated as two different characters.
2. Yes.
3. Lol, that depends on how fast you go. Just flail on the controller. =X

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
How does the buffered dthrow-bthrow cg work? What do you buffer? Is there a vid somewhere?

Prawn

Smash Master
squall desync, pivot desync, standing nana desync.

look in the desync thread?

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if this question has been asked before but like there are 129 pages and I'm not going to look through them all. SO here goes:

What is "Dash Dancing" and how do you do it?

dre_89_

Smash Cadet
Hey sorry I've never played IC before and I was considering maining them but I was just curious about a few things.

1. Are the chaingrabs infinite/inescapable? If they are wouldn't IC be broken because you could kill them in one grab?

2. With the dthrow- Nana fair combo, how do you get Nana to jump and fair?Also when they're lying on the ground after the fair, can you ice block them before they tech to set up another grab?

3. How do you blizzard-grab?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'm not sure if this question has been asked before but like there are 129 pages and I'm not going to look through them all. SO here goes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PscBUdZVnLM

*Sigh* Run back and forth. -_-

Hey sorry I've never played IC before and I was considering maining them but I was just curious about a few things.

1. Are the chaingrabs infinite/inescapable? If they are wouldn't IC be broken because you could kill them in one grab?

2. With the dthrow- Nana fair combo, how do you get Nana to jump and fair?Also when they're lying on the ground after the fair, can you ice block them before they tech to set up another grab?

1. They are, but they're hard to do and are easy to mess up unless you perfect them.

2. You get Nana to jump with X, then FAir them.

3. Desynch and get Nana to Blizzard, then make Popo run in for a grab.

Dev2000

Smash Lord

1. most of them are infinite and inescapable but that's the meaning of chaingrabbing if it was escapable it wouldve been more a combo instead of a chaingrab

2. while popo is downthrowing you should press the jump button and i use the c-stick to Fair cause the c-stick makes my life easier in that combo

3. by desynching "Well what's desynching?" it's litterally desynching the ice climbers the easiest way is probably Z+Back and the dashdance Desynch
then you use blizzard with one ice climber and then grab with the other ice climber simple as that

And the rest of the followup questions like HOW DO I ALT GRAB?! it's just practicing untill your hands hurt and you start feeling dizzy

by the way you should read our amazing guide it'll help you out alot

dre_89_

Smash Cadet
I did read the guide actually, that's where my questions come from.

I know what desynching is, but when desynched how do you make Nana do blizzard instead of Popo? If I pressed bdown wouldn't they both blizzard?.

They're are so many grab options, but which one is the best? Because let's say for example the infite alt grabrelease is the best, why should I bother learn the rest if I can just chain this then finish with a fair spike or usmash/ charged usmash grab?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Then you DON'T know what Desynching is. Think of it this way. Once you're desynched you're CONSTANTLY doing attacks. If you become desynched from a pivot and shoot an Ice Block only Popo will shoot the ice block since Nana will still be turning around and unable to accept commands. Then Popo can't do anything while that's going on but NANA can. So you have Nana SH Blizzard. While Nana is blizzarding Popo's Iceblock ends and you can start a new attack let's go with another ice block. NANA can't do the ice block while she's blizzarding so only POPO will do it and so on and so on. Get it?

The difference with the chaingrabs is largely on how easy they are to do. For example Hobbline (which is bthrowing with your climber and having your alt fsj him into an ice block from the first climber. That's not TECHNICALLY a chaingrab though. It's an example of desynching as Nana can jump while Popo is throwing) I like Fthrow but your opponent can DI the Fair Spike at the end and tech the stage or even LAND on the stage so it's more effective to say Fthrow to one end then Bthrow to your other climber and continue till you're ready for an Usmash KO. Fthrow is cool cause the timing doesn't really switch up but the amount of times you can do it is limited. Bthrow is great if you don't have a lot of room to move around however the timing switches pretty drastically between characters. If you can get it though that's sort of all you need.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Since I learned ICs, I for d-throw>fair, I've just done: d-throw>jump with Y>forward on control stick and A. I've heard people using the control stick. Does it come out quicker? And would it be to my advantage to not even throw? Just standing spike with Nana?

Gaspa

Smash Cadet
When They are in higher percentages I just do a nana SH and fair (using c stick) without fthrowing which cannot be teched into the ledge.

You HAVE to do a SH for this, if not, your opponent can escape if he reacts fast (aka good player). Nana's SH while popo's grabbing is really short, that's why it cannot be teched, and also why it's almost instant, therefore realiable cause your opponent won't be able to mash away.

It's an excellent option on heavyweights f you don't want to risk messing up and going for a cg till a higher percent to KO them with usmash(such as 130), cause 90% will KO them this way.

I never saw lain doing this so (can't find a lot of meep vids), I wouldn't fully trust this unless lain meep hylian swordgard ambrose or any realiable IC player says something about this.

IxxI

Smash Fence

Lmao. "I'm not sure if this question has been asked before..."
Well of course it has not because everyone knows about it. xD

I'm sorry, I'm being mean.
I apologize. Welcome to Smashboards, and thank you for using correct grammars.
;]

ninjablah

Smash Cadet
i dont no if anyone has done this combo before but i just found it out right now so i dont mean to take your credit if you created this combo. also this combo only works at 0%

so what i did was....

dthrow but with nana spike him back down> repeat that step> repeat it again but this time he will fall on his/her back> you will be desynced so you can ice lock away
(instead of throwing him down on the last step you can throw him right or left but stll do the rest the same) :):)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Would anyone say sticking desynched for an extended period of time is worth it?

And yea, I'm speaking of mixing up SH Blizzards with uairs, fairs, bairs, ice blocks, squall, etc. But remaining desynched for a LARGE period of time.... although it is... hard. :/

Was just an idea of mine to try and get a video of someone/me playing desynched nearly the entire time...

I only say this because while desynched, it is far easier to cover mistakes... it's a constant wall...so I think this could be a good thing.

swordgard

Smash Hero
1. Separately. They're treated as two different characters.
2. Yes.
3. Lol, that depends on how fast you go. Just flail on the controller. =X
Er upon my testing i found out that popo is the only one with moves that actually add to the stale modifier, nana uses popos stale modifier but doesnt add her moves to the queue.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
SuSa I don't like being desynched for too long because you can easily be knocked out of it by a lot of characters. Taking damage is not a good thing.

@ swordgard- Whoops.

Gaspa

Smash Cadet
Er upon my testing i found out that popo is the only one with moves that actually add to the stale modifier, nana uses popos stale modifier but doesnt add her moves to the queue.
This is why I use bthrow to dthrow instead of bthrow to bthrow.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
(First post outside meet and greet ^_^)
Is Nana lighter than Popo? I seem to get hit with both of them at the same % and Nana goes farther... Maybe it's just me :dizzy:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It's very rare that Nana and Popo will have the same percentage.

swordgard

Smash Hero
SuSa I don't like being desynched for too long because you can easily be knocked out of it by a lot of characters. Taking damage is not a good thing.

@ swordgard- Whoops.
The cool thing about this though is that you can choose for example to only have nana use her ice block so that it never goes stale XD If i remember right, nana is 60% of the weight while popo is 40%.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
It's very rare that Nana and Popo will have the same percentage.
Yeah but this happened with computers they are dumb :chuckle: I was just wondering because i KNOW my popo had more % but nana went farther than me with the same attack.
It's not that big I don't think it really matters was just curious.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Nana has no concept of DI. Stupid *****....
Actually she does, she will automatically DI and SDI towards you. I think she gets the equivalent of 1 SDI plus the ASDI from DI-ing. Its pretty hilarious. If not then i can explain how nana DI's when you DI with her, but only after i come back from showering. It will probably explain why sometimes she follows DI and sometimes not.

Top Bottom