• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Smoom77

Smash Master
nope. just post videos in that thread/social thread and people will see them. I lead towards the social thread.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
We can always restart it and give it to me since Smoom is too lazy. I wanted to revamp it, but with the current vids there it would take a lot of filtering through to get rid of the old and obviously inactive member IC vids.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Metaknight hands down. Then the occasional snake here or there, but after following some of lux's many times repeated advice on how to space/camp/CG against Snake, I'm good enough against him to not worry too much.

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
Aye guys I've been practicing the alternate CG for a couple of days and my major problem is the back throw regrab because Nana won't ****ing turn around or do some Boost pivot grab major swag.

Im only inputting back though

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Why is Nana not turning back or pivot grabbing out of nowhere ._.
Grab Meta Knight with Popo.
Input these ALMOST simultaneously.

Smash back -> Z
You have achieved a b-throw.

If the person you are chain-grabbing is heavier, there is more time between smashing back on the analog stick, and hitting Z.

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
Grab Meta Knight with Popo.
Input these ALMOST simultaneously.

Smash back -> Z
You have achieved a b-throw.

If the person you are chain-grabbing is heavier, there is more time between smashing back on the analog stick, and hitting Z.
She's always pivot grabbing now o.o I thought you were supposed to just make Nana turn around and regrab.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
She's always pivot grabbing now o.o I thought you were supposed to just make Nana turn around and regrab.
There's a way to make her just turn around and grab, buuuuuut it's difficult. That's called a soft turn.
A hard turn is the pivot grab you just did.
Hard turn has a possibiilty of tripping, but is easier to perform.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Soft turning a light character is hard and very few, if any, ICs can do it consistently

DeLux

Don't uair his shield

If he's really sitting in shield on platform for that long, you could also utilt/nair since they shield poke people on BF platforms

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Don't uair his shield

If he's really sitting in shield on platform for that long, you could also utilt/nair since they shield poke people on BF platforms
Okay, perhaps I should be more specific.
Every once in awhile I manage a hit but he knows his options.
I count his jumps, sometimes he lands early. Sometimes he lands on the top platform early. Sometimes he Tornados when he lands. Sometimes he falls through and Tornados.

He's smart and he knows the damn match-up. He never touches the ground. I might OCCASIONALLY get an u-air in. But chances are he will shield and GSL or catch me in 'nado before I ever get him past 50%. And that means I lose Nana, this guy spent 20 hours total playing 99 stock matches to learn Nana's habits and learn the combos that work on ICs.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Uair. Alot.
I disagree, because of obvious Shuttle loops oos.

Plat camping is more like a time for you to test stuff IF you know they aren't going to approach you ever. What I do to prevent the obvious Up B oos is to throw Ice blocks on a platform and check their reactions. After that I don't know what I'd do, usually I make up the game plan from there as I go to punish whatever is their habit when they see IBs coming on platforms.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I disagree, because of obvious Shuttle loops oos.

Plat camping is more like a time for you to test stuff IF you know they aren't going to approach you ever. What I do to prevent the obvious Up B oos is to throw Ice blocks on a platform and check their reactions. After that I don't know what I'd do, usually I make up the game plan from there as I go to punish whatever is their habit when they see IBs coming on platforms.
Jump. Or he'll follow your *** and punish your landing.
And I don't mean "lol he d-airs me when I land" I mean he pressures my *** and then escapes. And then my shield starts getting low.
And god help me then.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Jump. Or he'll follow your *** and punish your landing.
And I don't mean "lol he d-airs me when I land" I mean he pressures my *** and then escapes. And then my shield starts getting low.
And god help me then.
You sounding like a punk son. Stop that.

You have to calm down and stop thinking negatively about your own options and more positively about them.

If you keep thinking you can't do it, you damn well won't do it.

So who's the MK you're facing anyway? Kismet?

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Is it ever not a good idea to Alt D/B CG? I use it on every character, and it works pretty well

DeLux

After my last tournament, I have resolved to never use a popo bthrow CG unless I have no other choice.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
You sounding like a punk son. Stop that.

You have to calm down and stop thinking negatively about your own options and more positively about them.

If you keep thinking you can't do it, you damn well won't do it.

So who's the MK you're facing anyway? Kismet?
I wish I could play Kismet. Maybe I'd get more diverse MU experience.
I realize I sound angry. But the guy (his name is LOSER) just has me so figured out and down to an art. I've never been so frustrated before by someone in a videogame. I've always felt like maybe I could out-think the other player, even if they were MK. But after playing him I felt like there was no chance. At least on any stage other than FD or SV.
I do need to calm down.

I was so mad about it. I thought about switching my main to Falco, that's how angry I was.

Sorry for freaking.
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll keep trying.

DeLux

Saint, you should skype and I'll talk in detail matchup stuff with you

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
@saint

You are talking about somebody who knows your habits, so you shouldn't be talking about options a character has vs another character since apparently he is predicting the options that work.

If he stays on the platform you could always U-smash. It hits.

If he is beating you with reads, you have to read him back. If you think he is going to nado, blizzard. If you think he is gonna land early, have a uair there before he lands. It is all a guessing game at this point because no options beats every one of the opponents options.

DeLux

If he stays on the platform you could always U-smash. It hits.
good advice

I forgot to mention this as an option earlier. I prefer using Nair/Utilt depending on percent first, and save the usmash option for a kill option later.

Killing a platform camping MK with an usmash is the best feeling ever :)

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I agree with lux on uair.
Which could mean it's wrong:3

just SH uair and fastfall as soon as it hits.
Pretty sure upB won't hit you at that point.

:phone:
You have to start your fast fall, THEN uair just under the peak of your jump in order to uair without being looped.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I do em at the same time, and it usually works.
But either way, you CAN u-air without being shuttle looped, and lux just kinda didn't splain.

When did people start saying lux is wrong and giving bad advice?

:phone:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Your head pokes above the platform from a SH so they can Up-b on reaction to that, even though most people will wait for the hit on your shield.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Your head pokes above the platform from a SH so they can Up-b on reaction to that, even though most people will wait for the hit on your shield.
[3:33:00 AM] Kagamibandman: shad to bait shuttle loops and punish!
[3:33:26 AM | Edited 3:34:57 AM] Kagamibandman: if he loops, you can uair string
[3:33:45 AM | Edited 3:34:37 AM] Kagamibandman: if he tries jumping oos you might be able to catch him with an Usmash
[3:34:29 AM] Kagamibandman: if he doesnt, then the usmash might be enough to push MK off to edge slip, where you can ib and get your grab in.

yup. I think of this stuff daily.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If he SL's on the platform after a SH AD he can glide above your uairs or just land really quickly on the top platform. Also, SH AD is risky because if he reads it, he dairs and probably separates.

Top Bottom