• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I gots a question...

So I was practicing CGs just now and I mis-timed a dash buffer so only nana dashed and d-threw. Then to just keep going I dashed past diddy and pivot grabbed. It seemed pretty legit, and I wonder if it actually is. If so, this could be useful for when we get near edges with the beginnings of D-throw CGs and don't have to rely on our opponents not mashing. Legit or not legit?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
It's called the Hylian Dthrow away from Grenades technique unofficially. It's legit

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Obviously it has to work on characters that are a certain heaviness, otherwise popo won't have enough time to run to the other side.

Good to know :D There should be a list of people it works on.

Diddy and heavier at least @_@

DeLux

You can do a variation of it on every character. I've done it on jiggly puff

don't dash with Nana, walk with Nana and regrab on the dthrow.

then go into dthrow and run past with popo to pivot grab

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
That's just what I've gathered.
Personally, I have an easier time fthrow and dthrowing characters like bowser, dk, falcon.
But I'm better dthrowing jiggz, wario, and such.
Cept wolf.
I dthrow wolf all day.

B0NK

Smash Lord

I'm just going to say it's your personal preference Mr.G&W =P

Been saying it since like... 08, so why not? >.<

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I can't get the grab from the bthrow.
I can against most of the cast, bthrow with popo and catch the opponet with nana, but on mk, I bthrow with popo and nana grabs air.
I tried to soft turn it, pivot it, dash grab it, play with the timing.
Could never grab him again.
So bthrow is just bthrow, and not a chain in any way.
I can't tell if you're trying to do what you call trolling or being serious, but k. If you want to CG Mk input Dash (yes, trust me) > Z very quickly. Almost at the same time. Then follow up with D throw, F throw, or B throw. It's super easy.

I think ZSS is much better on RC...

Either way it's going to be tough though =/

*thinks either RC or Brinstar shouldn't be legal*

More so Brinstar... it makes no sense to me why it's legal >.>
Much better than IC's on RC or much better on RC than on Brinstar? ZSS isn't good on RC. She's just less bad than other characters. There's a difference.

They are both stupid, ugly stages. I'd much rather play on Wario Ware or even Big Blue.

It's legal because it's the inside of someone's tummy and the extended hitbox trixies are cute and make people mad.

DeLux

OMG, YOUR BOARDS ARE SO ACTIVE!

I envy you.

WHICH B THROW? The first one or the second one? D throwing non-fattys is annoying to do at higher percents.
Dthrowing heavier characters has a higher window of regrab and more lenient spacing than a light character at a similar percent.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Is snake the only one with hard dthrow spacing?
Snake is easy to D throw... every fatty is. It's not really about spacing as much as it is timing until you get to light weights. The throwing animation for heavier characters lasts longer and gives Nana more time to walk.

How do you turn your CG around? From what I understand all you can do is down throw, correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Hi Mink! :D

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Lux, what in your opinion are the most viable desynchs? I'm thinking about using picking up IC's and right now all I really do is dash dance desnychs, hylian desnych, squall buffer desynch thing, hitlag buffer desnychs, and some random desnych that happens when I do a backwards initial dash then another and hit forward again to go into my dash, hit B, then hold forward again. I do it completely on accident when I try to dash dance desynch.

My problem with desnyching is that the desnych either takes too long or has a tough timing.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
**** Desyncs. All about dat synced mode baby. Double damage output and ****.
You're a genius. Why desnych when you can just spam synched D smash for like 40%?

Luxiepookie, what other throws can he do? I don't think he can do b throw hobble or b throw so I don't see how he can turn around his chain grab.

Also, **** spacing. You d throw Snake, you walk forward a lil bit, you grab when his long *** throw animation is over. SIMPLE.

Congrats on mod btw Lux. <3

Like 3 weeks late, I know.

@Mink Hell no. ZSS 4 ever. By pick up, I just meant I want to suck with them less.

DeLux

Oh, I thought you meant the character, not specifically game and watch so I withdraw the first part of the "this is wrong"

But spacing always matters for every character

Thanks, but I haven't really had to mod anything except Roller on occasion lol

DeLux

LD1 - 5 frames before a buffer window ends, buffer a forward walk followed immediately by a reverse initial dash

LD2 - Buffer a reverse initial dash out of a buffered turnaround

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I knew he was wrong.... That's never happened to me before.
I'm... Learning! :O

lololol.

You can bthrow cg.
Read the guide.
It's kinda tricky, but I use bthrow alot now that I got it.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
LD2 is amazing. <3

@MRG&W I know b throw CG is possible; I just thought that you weren't able to.

DeLux

If I didn't walk directly into that one, I'd probably infract you lol

You win this time Roller

Top Bottom