• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social General Ice Climber Chat

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
There are not any compare-able Falcos on west coast or any coast for that matter.

Like SHiz for example I love that kid in real life and with smash but while he is a beast he does not play as technical AND smart/safe as PP.

Just saying that because PP was tapping characters with much better OOS options and even against like Peach or Marth he made that crap look helpless.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm wow i never knew T-grabbing could be so powerful

anyway

zhu and mango are the closest we've got. mango goes falcon against us so i guess zhu then LOL.

and i wouldnt sleep on zhu, he practices the matchup with fly a lot so if anything he has way more exp in the matchup than pp does.

also, i think pp just theorybros a lot in his head, i can tell from his thread that he really thinks about matchups and players before going into tournaments in order to win. i feel like we have the tools to do the same for falcos of his caliber.

moreso than any other character, all we need is one hitconfirm to kill him. it's possible

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
with our ice blocks, blizzard, wd, and dash attack that goes thru lasers, we can definitely make him work hard and break thru openings. heck i even sh fair/nair through lasers sometimes lol

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'm recording some matches today, I need some super quick things to work on so I can dominate SMYM.

voorhese

Smash Master
good luck peef, and not in an ******* way or anything, i wanna see an IC player from the midwest besides trail do well

painlord k11

Smash Journeyman
ya there really is no 1 who is pro to help me out with iceys in real life making this path trickier but oh well just abit more time that's all i figured id go iceys considering 70% of people i fight in tournament in B.C. are falcos lol.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
good luck peef, and not in an ******* way or anything, i wanna see an IC player from the midwest besides trail do well
IDK if that means you are hoping for my success or have lost hope in me.

I've only been playing ICs for about 10 months now, just need more MU experience vs a couple characters.

voorhese

Smash Master
i am hoping for your success, how could i lose hope in you? you have been improving since i met you...lol silly peef

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Had a great time theorybroing with KyuBro on the livestream tonight. Got to show some tricks and got to learn some new ones as well. I think streams like this can really get our creative juices flowing because testing and spreading ideas is easier for some reason.

Tune in 2maro night for more wild party smash guyz =D

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
That is really cool peef. I would tune in but I will be at a smash fest.

I will have two ****ty vids up tonight, I need a lot of tips, but mostly I just am inexperienced and suck.

Plus I spend to much time with hot women to ever be any good.

Going to a tourney this weekend. Going to MM and tap Replicate.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
waveshield cuz samus' grab SUUUUUCKS

ur pri gud at the matchup

ic's should be able to control mid better than samus so focus on that area. on a stage like yoshis, mid stage is amazing cuz samus cant really space herself to fire missiles or anything. u can wd to any part of the stage.

ur pri gud just focus more on what ur supposed to do
1. ice block
2. shield in her face
3. block/attack missiles

ftilt is a good spacing tool in this matchup cuz even if she cc's it, getting hit by 2 ftilts will either knock her down or push her too far to dsmash. or maybe she can dsmash u, but then ur screwed. ics are good at avoiding dsmash anyway.

i wanna see vids of this samus more on point :)

and then theres the tip that can be offered to pretty much any ic player: punish harder, punish as hard as possible

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I had a close game (friendly) with Rohins at Pound.

I know realize how badly I need to learn to cancel out missiles. Lol.

How do you guys do it again? F-tilt/nair?

@ PMIRL: I'll check out your videos when I get back from class.

ALSO: Anyone who wants to see me getting ***** by Luigi, there's a new video of me up against Winston. You can see my crappy Sheik too. Lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah ftilt and nair are both reliable. i use up angled ftilt

i think. lol. i forgot. whichever one hits it better

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Ok so some last minute questions before the toureny tomorrow.

Who is blizzblock camping not a good idea vs?

I can not think of any of my other questions right now.

Ill also try to record a couple vids for critics sake.
Falcon, I seem to not be able to hold that up due to the knee :(

Top Bottom