• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social General Ice Climber Chat

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
i dont even know how to do the DANF still, i tried so many times and could never get it
try inputting f-smash and dash almost at the same time; sometimes i accidentally f-smash with both ice climbers in place if that gives you some sense of the timing

also you have to dash opposite to the direction you're facing

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Up-b out of shield -> blizzard's usefulness is always overlooked. :(
I think desyncing is just theoretically good. Besides grab desyncs of course, they are all situational. I think this is evidenced by the successes of Chu, who wouldn't desync to save his life. Wobbles likes to stay synced in most matchups, Fly probably desyncs the most out of the 3. But even he only tries it once or twice a game vs chars like Fox.

I just feel like I should stay away from desyncs more because they just make it easy to get separated, and separation is the worst.

They are useful situationally of course, but I think they get more discussion than they are "worth"

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Oh yeah, I was thinking more about your roll -> desynch jump edgehog. It's mostly pretty good, but I still prefer belay OoS on the grounds that I can wait in my shield for a while before having Nana jump to the edge, whereas with your edgehog, Nana has to jump right after the roll.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, I was thinking more about your roll -> desynch jump edgehog. It's mostly pretty good, but I still prefer belay OoS on the grounds that I can wait in my shield for a while before having Nana jump to the edge, whereas with your edgehog, Nana has to jump right after the roll.
That's true. If I roll too early I can usually just roll again or spotdodge on the edge and do it, but that is a coarse comb if you know what I mean. Usually I can just wait and time the first roll properly.

I know what youre saying though. IDK i usually get the timing right.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
plur sounds like he knows a lot of really quick and not that risky desynchs, gahhh i wanna make it a habit to use some better ones if there are better ones than rolling.
I actually do know alot of desynchs with this character, seeing as desynching is probably the only reason I picked up the character lol. If I hadn't discovered how to desynch, I'd probably be another FAlco main or something. lol

Also WTF WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN VIRTUALVOID?!?! I haven't seen you since the beginning of Brawl! <3

Also, as far as the desynched edgeguard discussion goes, if your fingers are REALLY quick you can pivot desynch a Dsmash, charge it and make nana WD to the ledge. IT is SUPER HARD THOUGH.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
that sounds godlike LOL. we gotta make tech skill videos that are better than sw/lovage/dark videos!

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
In other news, I'm noticing a few haters after a match got recorded where I wobbled a pretty good Falco from SD a zillion times. I consider this a good sign, since it demonstrates that I'm getting better at setting up and executing wobbling.

edit: Okay, maybe that's a stretch, but it's amusing to see people surprised to see me wobble considering I've always advocated the technique.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Banning wobbling is dumb.

It's not like ic's become unbeatable with it or other characters can't do the same thing with a grab albeit takes a little more skill

Turazrok

Smash Master
Australia also bans video game sales. I don't think common sense exists down under

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
The funny thing is, I remembere back before Fly became ridiculous at this game(basically, back when he split his attention between this and Brawl). He used to wobble back then too. Why are people acting like this is new? lol

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
WTF WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN VIRTUALVOID?!?! I haven't seen you since the beginning of Brawl! <3
Short answer: Lurking.

Long answer: There was never a huge melee community in Israel but we had quite a few dedicated players. When brawl came out pretty much everyone here hated it and gave up on it, effectively destroying our melee tournament scene. Lately, after I decided to come to Genesis 2 (Hopefully..), I have been working on reviving the scene here, with some success. So I'm back, but I never really left :p

Top Bottom