• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social General Ice Climber Chat

Smasher89

Smash Lord
As Choknater mentioned, iceblocks is the tool to destroy falcos "technical comfortzone", and somewhere to look for habits.

And two keythings I want to get into my game against Falco since I once played at that level, is hitting with upsmash (damage and leads to lots of things), and predict where they land when they combo nana= hitting them just before they do land, stealing the jump and KO them. Might be an old strategy, but extreemly effective if used correcly.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wobbs ur so good! mad cute combos. man doh needs ta calm down! lol. he should retreat more i think.

Shroomed

Smash Master
fly i wanna play you because i need some IC's experience

i don't even remember the last time i played you
IC's are super gay, i hate nana

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
camping puff is soooo good. if u can get away. shes stronger if shes close by and bairing. but if u can get away, camping is SOOOOOO good.

wd in is too fast for her... as long as shes not using an sh aerial.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_sBqXXVmyM
Not smash related, but mindgames is always interesting! Anyone have a suggestion to something similar? (I´ve an idea where someone plugs out a third controller, where you just start to stand still, they wait, then strike them in the right moment lolol, but that might be a little too much, I know it can work since the stand still trick has worked for me several times in friendlies though)

I agree, and cc puffs bair when at low % self, and puff at kill % is too good, puff probably never should win on ps.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
climbers vs puff is fun, especially cuz im pretty decent at handingoff puff
camping puff is soooo good. if u can get away. shes stronger if shes close by and bairing. but if u can get away, camping is SOOOOOO good.

wd in is too fast for her... as long as shes not using an sh aerial.
I agree, and cc puffs bair when at low % self, and puff at kill % is too good, puff probably never should win on ps.
That's one of my favorite ICs matchups.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Man it is really depressing, I tap any character my friend plays with my ICs. and then I lose to his Samus.

Uggh.

I can beat it with Puff/Marth but I want to beat it with ICs.

I really feel like we should compile a mix-up list or cg list that is character (or not) specific.

Like Against Falco for example whenever I grab him at 0 I dthrow to Upsmash and usually you can regrab or dash attack or dsmash him out of hitstun.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
1. Wait and grab spotdodges.
2. Learn to cancel out missiles/get around them with WD oos/ice blocks out of shield.
3. Don't get d-smashed by the edge.
4. D-throw -> up-smash -> uair -> another aerial at lowish percents.

The matchup.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ur attacks can beat missiles, so samus cant really outcamp u. ice blocks are really effective in stopping her from shooting em anyway. ur goal is to stay inside but not get hit by dsmash. shielding nearby samus is really effective with pretty much any character because her grab is garbage, and even worse vs ic's.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
You know how Peach (See Armada vs Wobbles, or any good peach vs an ICs, I believe Connor does it too,) will just Nair Nair Nair Nana straight off the level, well my friend is really good with Samus (when smashing with Sfat and tang was able to beat them for an idea of skill range) he will just Missle/Double Missle Nana off the level will still keeping safe spacing from me.

He is really good with killing Nana while still staying safe. Which is really easy if you are comfortable with the match up.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
nana wont get separated from u in this matchup if u use ur shield well. just light shield a lot, u dont really need to desynch at all in this matchup. once u get near samus and smash/grab her, u can get a lot of damage with edge guards, especially since ice blocks are really good at messing up her recovery. shield!

Smasher89

Smash Lord
That safe you mention isn´t safe as long as he missilecancels in nanas direction, hit samus with bair or something, taking note of how he moves to try hit you if you´ll get close to samus...

voorhese

Smash Master
we should just like sticky tricks, cuz i dont wnna search through 303 pages, but i want to know all your tricksies

maybe make a new thread? where i sticky em?

voorhese

Smash Master
oh cuz they wont be tricks if everyone knows em....derp, how about tech skill stuff, like i see amanita space nanapault i think, and **** like that or wavedash into reverse dsmash (cuz it his behind you first, and nana doesnt turn, so u cover both front and back twice), things that people wont really "Fall for less if its open knowledge" but things that will just help me out.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ive taken a break from figuring out doc but ahhh i still need to.

still constantly changing my peach counter LOL. freakin.. armada is so good.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
oh cuz they wont be tricks if everyone knows em....derp, how about tech skill stuff, like i see amanita space nanapault i think, and **** like that or wavedash into reverse dsmash (cuz it his behind you first, and nana doesnt turn, so u cover both front and back twice), things that people wont really "Fall for less if its open knowledge" but things that will just help me out.
Wavedash into reverse dsmash is used pretttyyy rarely, although the trick is really essential for punishing spotdodgers.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
so... interesting situation...

i signed up for pound a while ago, forgot about it, and haven't really been planning on going since i'm super rusty...

i just found out my pool and now i feel kinda bad that i didn't cancel my registration

apparently me vs vist is scheduled to be recorded...

so... if i do go... how do you beat luigi

PEEF!

Smash Hero
so... interesting situation...

i signed up for pound a while ago, forgot about it, and haven't really been planning on going since i'm super rusty...

i just found out my pool and now i feel kinda bad that i didn't cancel my registration

apparently me vs vist is scheduled to be recorded...

so... if i do go... how do you beat luigi
Very tough. Don't approach very much, when you do make it quick. Nair works well. Don't try to combo too much because his nair breaks everything mad good. Keep him in the air with uair, its very very tough for him to get down. Fsmash his upb recovery and hope you hit, otherwise he makes it back. Don't let him get all up on your sheild, double aerials devastate and can't be directly punished.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
i always get thrown off by his sh

i'll do something which would hit any other character, but he just floats over it and i end up getting n-aired or d-aired or something

i feel like it wouldn't be too hard if i could figure out what to do from a neutral position against him

Top Bottom