• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Disney Discussion

Are you excited for Toy Story 4?

• No, I thought the trilogy ended perfectly. Pixar should move onto something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never really liked Toy Story.

• Yes, I didn't really grow up with the original trilogy but I would love to see the characters again!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Officially around 50 Disney Infinity figurines, and now there are more... Gosh darn it, Disney, do you wanna take my credit card while you're at it?

Edit: I'm not complaining, but these new Star Wars figurines look amazing. I've got heavy spending coming my way...

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
You know who'd be a great Disney Infinity character?
Mary Poppins.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Welp, I decided to start collecting some Disney Infinity figurines while I was at Wal-Mart earlier. The ones I got are Stitch & Elsa. I have a feeling I'm gonna enjoy collecting some of these since I'm a diehard Disney fan. As for me actually playing Disney Infinity, I'm not interested.

And Alice. And Peter Pan.
I want to see Lion King characters more.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Indeed. Going to be hard to pay for all so I think I'll focus on the ones I want. I STILL cannot get my hands on that Syndrome figure. For some reason, it's always sold out when I visit my local store.
I had the same issues as you, got him on Amazon for $20, and they do restocks as well (it's the only way to get him unless you find a used 1 at Gamestop).

My 1st figure was Violet, followed by Dash, Elastigirl and Mr. Incredible (then got Vanellope so I can pair her with Dash (then got Ralph so she wouldn't feel lonely), I have 10 1.0 figures total (all 5 Incredibles, plus the 2 leftovers from the Starter pack that came with Mr. Incredible, and Francesco.)

As for 2.0, I have 5 total (Thor and Venom for the Marvel side, Merida, Hiro & Baymax for the Originals), in total I have 15 figures.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I want to see Lion King characters more.
Funny enough, they actually said their reason for not including them: the team still can't get quadruped characters to work properly in the game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I never played Toontown, as much as I wanted to try it.

I did however play a game called Pirates of the Caribbean Online. No clue if anyone else here had ever played it....

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
Randall doesn't always walk on his 8 legs.

They can cheat with his structure.
He's on four of them though.

I find it interesting that another Disney related game, Kingdom Hearts also has issues with quadrupeds as in the first game they wanted a Lion King world but had issues with making lion Sora then but then managed to find out how to do it in KH2. I am not a video game programmer so won't say I understand why 4 legged playable creatures may be hard to do when in the PS1/N64 generation we had Spyro the Dragon and Link rode on Epona.

Also isn't Maximus and Mulan's horse mounts in Disney Infinity?

Last edited:

Solar~Beam

Smash Rookie
I never played Toontown, as much as I wanted to try it.

I did however play a game called Pirates of the Caribbean Online. No clue if anyone else here had ever played it....
Bruh. ToonTown was so good. It was my first ever MMO and I remember being legit obsessed with it when it came out. I never got past the F2P area cuz I was young and broke at the time.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The only online Disney game I played was Club Penguin and I got bored of it within a week. I had a friend that played Toon Town.

Inside Out's voice cast was revealed with a lot of surpise voice actors for some of the minor characters.
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney...includes-awesome-voice-cameos-spoilers-75465/
I'm not surprised John Ratzenberger received a role, he's practically a Pixar staple at this point. :laugh:

Is anyone going to see Tomorrowland?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Then explain how other games like KH2 & OOT can get quadruped characters to work without no trouble.
Show me where in those games a quadruped had to be able to ride cars, shoot guns, climb ropes, and, other such non-quadrupedal things, and I'll get back to you. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Completely different type of game, so that is irrelevant. Also if you're perpetuating that Simba, for example, should go around doing that, it's not gonna happen. They have to be protective of the source material they use. Bipedal Simba is something they'd never get the higher-ups to give the okay to.

Solar~Beam

Smash Rookie
Completely different type of game, so that is irrelevant. Also if you're perpetuating that Simba, for example, should go around doing that, it's not gonna happen. They have to be protective of the source material they use. Bipedal Simba is something they'd never get the higher-ups to give the okay to.
I was being facetious more than anything, proof of concept over absolute proof. Also it's a funny gif. I get and agree with what you're saying but really, DH does kind of prove that quadruped characters can work with bipedal characters, with items included - even when its a completely different kind of game/from a completely different developer. Also if Disney sniffs out enough interest/money to be made from Lion King Disney Infinity characters, who knows what will happen.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
re: simba and guns

Acceptable breaks from reality. I mean, he could use a toy gun with his mouth if you're really afraid about the bipedal thing.

Really, Infinity is a massive break from reality Disney-wise. Soon you'll be able to realize your hidden dream of making Darth Vader and Mickey Mouse see face to face. Or Ultron and Ronan.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
I suddenly remembered the vehicle characters like Mater who are even more limited in their movement than quadruped animals would be. They have some limitations in what they can do but still are playable. So why not animals?

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I suddenly remembered the vehicle characters like Mater who are even more limited in their movement than quadruped animals would be. They have some limitations in what they can do but still are playable. So why not animals?
This is what I was thinking of recently. How can they make the characters from Cars playable but not Lion King characters? They're far more limited compared to a character who walks on all fours.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
It seems we have our 1st look at the upcoming Inside Out playset for 3.0:
The playset serves as a sequel to the Inside Out movie (so spoilers), and it's a platformer playset in the veins of classic Mario games combined with 3D World gameplay.

The big inflating bat enemy has me worried quite a bit (even more-so than the Stinging Glow Urchin from 1.0), that it might be transferred to the other playable characters from the past 2 games (could it's mechanic replace the bloat mechanic that was set off via the Glow Urchin item from 1.0 (and 2.0's Action Enforcer)? This also sets the return of the Glow Urchin item in doubt), I'll be happy if the 5 emotions themselves are the only characters who can swell to that size (since they're imaginative figures where as half of the rest of the characters are either human or mechanical beings, and it would look very weird seeing someone such as Mater or Violet at that size and being rolled around, then again the Glow Urchin was only designed to swell up monsters, humans and machines would probably be immune to it's swelling effects yet it's capable to do both no problem (at least Violet's head blows up.)

Darth Vader is going to look very funny when he bloats, especially when he has that breather on which is going to make him even funnier to watch (when a character bloats their voice deepens (as if they grew to giant sized.)

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Disney's 2016-2019 film line up. Note: It doesn't include their collaboration with DreamWorks.

Source: http://pixarbrasilblog.blogspot.com/2015/05/disney-brasil-divulga-novidades-da.html

The Good Dinosaur's placement at the beginning of the list might have to do with the film being released later internationally. Has anyone bought Inside Out merchandise yet? I'm thinking about buying the official soundtrack that is out.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Disney's 2016-2019 film line up. Note: It doesn't include their collaboration with DreamWorks.

Source: http://pixarbrasilblog.blogspot.com/2015/05/disney-brasil-divulga-novidades-da.html

The Good Dinosaur's placement at the beginning of the list might have to do with the film being released later internationally. Has anyone bought Inside Out merchandise yet? I'm thinking about buying the official soundtrack that is out.
Where is the Big Hero 6 sequel?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Where is the Big Hero 6 sequel?
  1. It was only "leaked" by Stan Lee. It might still be in development
  2. There might be some unconfirmed films not listed. The new list doesn't include films like Ghost in the Shell for the 2016-17 line up.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking about this and I'm wondering on what your guys' opinion is. Disney Infinity has been opening opportunities for a lot of Disney Characters: old, new, popular and unpopular. I've been thinking about those forgotten Disney characters lately, specifically one, and wondering if they'd ever get their chance to appear in the game. As mentioned, I have one particular character in mind, and that is none other than Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or should I say the UN-lucky Rabbit. Disney has had a rough history with Oswald, mainly copyright issues, and it's been hard for Disney to do anything involving Oswald. Because of that, they practically had to drop him. However, Disney managed to buy the rights for Oswald back a few years ago, and this should allowed him to make Disney's spotlight again. His first modern Disney appearance after the purchase was in Epic Mickey, however he was more of an antagonist than a good guy. His recent appearance, if I'm correct, was in Epic Mickey 2, where he and Mickey are the good guys, but that's pretty much it. Now that Oswald is back, I feel like Disney should do A LOT with him. I feel that Oswald should probably be given his own figurine and become playable in the game. After all, he IS the grandfather of Disney itself. He was Walt Disney's original character (yes, even before Mickey Mouse. Look it up), so technically he's STARTED the Disney company. But, I don't know... What do you guys think?

Here's another question, but this one is optional. Do you think Oswald should be given his own series, or do you think he should be a main or supporting character in the Mickey Mouse universe? I personally think he should become a main character with Mickey, Donald and Goofy. They'd practically be the unstoppable cartoon quartet. I'd expect Disney to do more with Oswald now that he's returned, but I'm not really satisfied. We need that Oswald love.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440

Source:
http://pixarbrasilblog.blogspot.com/2015/05/disney-brasil-divulga-novidades-da.html
Looks like I got the release year of the 2nd Incredibles film somewhat right (off by 1 year later, I did guessed it would be between 2018/2019), now for the characters and plot (which is possibly being saved for this year's D23 reveal).

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I've been thinking about this and I'm wondering on what your guys' opinion is. Disney Infinity has been opening opportunities for a lot of Disney Characters: old, new, popular and unpopular. I've been thinking about those forgotten Disney characters lately, specifically one, and wondering if they'd ever get their chance to appear in the game. As mentioned, I have one particular character in mind, and that is none other than Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or should I say the UN-lucky Rabbit. Disney has had a rough history with Oswald, mainly copyright issues, and it's been hard for Disney to do anything involving Oswald. Because of that, they practically had to drop him. However, Disney managed to buy the rights for Oswald back a few years ago, and this should allowed him to make Disney's spotlight again. His first modern Disney appearance after the purchase was in Epic Mickey, however he was more of an antagonist than a good guy. His recent appearance, if I'm correct, was in Epic Mickey 2, where he and Mickey are the good guys, but that's pretty much it. Now that Oswald is back, I feel like Disney should do A LOT with him. I feel that Oswald should probably be given his own figurine and become playable in the game. After all, he IS the grandfather of Disney itself. He was Walt Disney's original character (yes, even before Mickey Mouse. Look it up), so technically he's STARTED the Disney company. But, I don't know... What do you guys think?

Here's another question, but this one is optional. Do you think Oswald should be given his own series, or do you think he should be a main or supporting character in the Mickey Mouse universe? I personally think he should become a main character with Mickey, Donald and Goofy. They'd practically be the unstoppable cartoon quartet. I'd expect Disney to do more with Oswald now that he's returned, but I'm not really satisfied. We need that Oswald love.
When I went to Disney World last year there were Oswald plushes so there's definitely still a possibility :)

Also, I heard a rumor that Disney was doing a remake of Anastasia. I know she's not an official Disney princess even though everyone thinks she is because they didn't do it before. Is that the project with Dreamworks that was mentioned earlier?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anastasia is completely unrelated to Disney. It's actually completely unrelated to Dreamworks as well. That was a FOX film.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Anastasia is completely unrelated to Disney. It's actually completely unrelated to Dreamworks as well. That was a FOX film.
It kind of annoys me how people always put her and Odette as Disney Princesses when they're not Disney characters. Yes, they're from an age people tried to imitate Disney, but haven't they seen the company logos at the start of the movies?

I've even seen people thinking all Dreamworks movies are Disney.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
I am more annoyed when Disney Animation Studios CGi movies are confused for Pixar then when confused for other studios but it is understandable. Once you watch enough CGi animation movies from a studio you usually can tell their distinct style from another such as Dreamworks going for more realistic textures (compare ice and snow textures in Rise of the Guardians vs Frozen for an easy comparison. Pixar vs Disney CGi looks very close to each other.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
I am more annoyed when Disney Animation Studios CGi movies are confused for Pixar then when confused for other studios but it is understandable. Once you watch enough CGi animation movies from a studio you usually can tell their distinct style from another such as Dreamworks going for more realistic textures (compare ice and snow textures in Rise of the Guardians vs Frozen for an easy comparison. Pixar vs Disney CGi looks very close to each other.
I'm not going to lie, I thought Tangled was a Pixar movie until someone corrected me... They're just silly little misunderstandings, I don't know why people get SOOO riled up when someone claims Over the Hedge is a Disney movie, or something.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
I'm not going to lie, I thought Tangled was a Pixar movie until someone corrected me... They're just silly little misunderstandings, I don't know why people get SOOO riled up when someone claims Over the Hedge is a Disney movie, or something.
I guess it has to do with giving proper credit to those who deserve it. Does every "creepy" styled stop motion have to be credited to Tim Burton for example? Laika Studios is such an underrated studio and needs the credit they deserve.

Also people like putting things into the correct category. We like organization that way. Monkeys vs apes, anyone? Now I am off to play the Nintendo game, Sly Cooper in my Game Boy DS, bye, :)

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
I await the "where are the feathers" discussions.

Top Bottom